Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 828705 times)

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #4620 on: December 05, 2017, 08:14:51 AM »
Yeah, maybe they could call it "We Are Robin."  :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It always gets to me how all of them look so similar.   :lol
[close]
Well, Bruce has a type  :shaq

kingv

« Reply #4621 on: December 05, 2017, 11:09:20 AM »
So mister miracle is good?

I may pick up some back issues, but I mean, it’s mister miracle.

bluemax

« Reply #4623 on: December 06, 2017, 01:48:42 AM »
The second issue of White Knight actually turned me off it a bit after the first was hilariously so deliberate, the Harley stuff was fine and hopefully gets explained better, but I wanted them to play The Joker being wronged straight for longer. Him immediately contacting Gotham criminals is too obvious, we should have seen attempts by them to pull the same thing with varying degrees of success to continue to build the pressure on Batman first.

And I don't think he's being used as a social justice icon, the panels I clipped were from the obvious CONSERVATIVE PUNDIT side of that fake show, and I think the book is BOTH SIDESING the thing by how The Joker is totally playing that pre-existing card of a "BLM/cop accountability" stand-in group. Someone obviously mentally ill, who was easily treated when a mad vigilante, a corrupt police department and Gotham mental health program with decades of failure were removed from the equation and has seemingly been endlessly wronged and tortured into his crimes would rightly be held up as a victim by our society too. At least I hope we wouldn't instantly dismiss it. Unless Al Franken did it.

I agree with the part about being bummed about him turning to other criminals instead of him being genuinely wronged in this universe.
NO

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4624 on: December 06, 2017, 02:08:17 AM »

It's fucking amazing so far. I never really paid much attention to new gods stuff so this wouldnt have even been on my radar if I didnt get a recommend, it's however the best thing I've read in at least a decade.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4625 on: December 06, 2017, 02:26:22 AM »
While you're waiting you could read the Seven Soldiers Mister Miracle series!

The actual Jack Kirby New Gods stories haven't aged that well. Though the one with Superman meeting the Forever People that DC republishes all the time, most recently in that special, I think for Darkseid War, a couple years ago, is hilarious because of how goofy the whole story is.

It contains one of my favorite things that early Marvel has too...Stan Lee and/or Jack Kirby trying to write dialogue with up-to-date slang for teenagers.

Actually, most of the New Gods stuff that's in their own books has never been that great. DC Editorial has always been goofy with it too.

kingv

« Reply #4626 on: December 06, 2017, 09:05:38 AM »

It's fucking amazing so far. I never really paid much attention to new gods stuff so this wouldnt have even been on my radar if I didnt get a recommend, it's however the best thing I've read in at least a decade.

I assume you mean the 2017 series, right?

Strangely I can only find the preview of issue 1 on comiXology (at least in the dc comics app).

It’s on the comiXology web page, but I typically buy everything out of the DC or Image iPad app so I can use my discounted iTunes cards.

Fucking weird. I hope it’s an oversight and not the start of a trend.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4627 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:13 AM »
Batman White Knight #3
Interesting how Jason is Robin before Dick and how Bruce seems to love Jason most (According to Dick). I like the idea that without Alfred, Batman would just go on a rampage and end everything. Lmao how Batman is doing that side facing chest out pose multiple times. Not sure what they are doing with Napier, he's apparently straight and not the Joker, but engaging in criminal activity, are they intending him to be a rational genius that does whatever it takes to stop the Bat? Isnt that too close to some popular Lex Luthor runs?  :thinking

I didnt expect to see Harley #2 again tbh, an unexpected chess piece, but cant say I'm not interested in seeing her Joker. Lacks a lot of .. crazy so let's see where this goes. Still not entirely clear what this story is trying to be,m but I'll read the next one again.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

benjipwns

« Reply #4629 on: December 06, 2017, 04:58:07 PM »

:dead

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #4630 on: December 06, 2017, 05:07:13 PM »
How the Justice League movie should have been.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4631 on: December 07, 2017, 12:29:26 PM »
Astonishing X-Men #6:

GUESS WHO'S KINDA-SORTA BACK FROM THE DEAD!?
Professor X is brought back to the life after the Shadow King is defeated on the astral plane.  The Shadow King is taken out on "all fronts" as he is trying to come back into the physical world and is stopped on the astral plane at the same time.  My favorite part about this is that Prof. X is narrating how each X-Man is doing his/her thing in both the real and psychic planes, but somehow Rogue/Fantomex/Mystique are better suited for psychic combat than PSYLOCKE.   :doge  The reason given is ridiculous.

The issue ends with Charles back...in Fantomex's body.  He removes his mask (first time we see his face?) and says to just call him "X."  Uh...OK.
[close]
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4632 on: December 07, 2017, 02:17:43 PM »
I like how this page of Tintin was apparently too violent and had to be censored in later versions.

Woah Tintin... Stop monkeying around.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4634 on: December 09, 2017, 01:55:14 AM »
When are you guys going to read White Knight #3? I wanna read your impressions :goldberg

Tasty

« Reply #4635 on: December 09, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »
Sorry, too busy catching up on Super Sons.

Tasty

« Reply #4636 on: December 09, 2017, 06:21:19 PM »
Superman #36

Superman accepts Darkseid's throne and becomes the new leader of Apokolips. :o

:rejoice
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #4637 on: December 09, 2017, 06:37:09 PM »
Also Superman #37 looks hype AF :o

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4638 on: December 09, 2017, 07:23:22 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/7hi79v/the_robin_boys/
[close]
'I’ll say it again. DC needs to put out a team up book with these four. It’ll have fun relationship dynamic akin to TMNT, and that’s what I think is really missing in the DC lineup.'   :ohhh :ohhh

This is like the one thing I'd like to see Bendis get put on when he starts at DC.

Tasty

« Reply #4639 on: December 09, 2017, 07:27:24 PM »
Everyone DID team up in Batman Eternal and Batman & Robin Eternal, which is why I bang on about that book so hard. If I was in charge of a new Batman show/cartoon, I'd base it on those books.

Red Robin also had a couple good arcs with everyone, except maybe Jason I think. The New 52 had a Batman & Robin team-up arc too, but it was just OK.

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4640 on: December 09, 2017, 08:12:01 PM »
When are you guys going to read White Knight #3? I wanna read your impressions :goldberg

I thought it was alright. I was kind of disappointed that they're making the Joker still a bad guy, rather than a legitimate good guy or at least an antihero. If this story doesn't end with him reverting back into the full-blown Joker by the end, I'll be honest to god shocked. I liked the twist of Jason being the first Robin. I remember hearing that this story takes place in a sort of Animated Series universe offshoot, so it's actually a pretty cool way to explain why we never saw Jason on the show all those years – the show started after Jason had died.
As disappointed as I was to see the return of Whorely Quinn, it does seem like an interesting wrench to throw in the works. I half expect Jack to kill her next issue, though.

Alfred dying to patch Bruce back up one last time was heartbreaking. That part was done so well. Easily the highlight of the series so far for me.

All in all my excitement for this series declines with every issue, however. It started off so good, but it feels like it's slowly following the standard comic book plotline we've all read so many times before. I suppose in that sense it's just my expectations for what this was going to be were way off, and it 's increasingly turning out to be something fairly typical.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4641 on: December 09, 2017, 11:25:05 PM »
Superman #36

Superman accepts Darkseid's throne and becomes the new leader of Apokolips. :o

:rejoice
[close]

Heil Hydra.
:superman
©@©™

kingv

« Reply #4642 on: December 10, 2017, 02:01:52 AM »
As last no as they don’t let bendis write any dialogue or plan any events it should be a good move

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4643 on: December 10, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »

12/20

[close]

12/13

[close]

12/06

[close]

The waiting :goldberg
1/3 done, Mister Miracle in 2 days :rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #4644 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:54 AM »
Read Gerard Way's Doom Patrol which was fun, bringing back the characters from Morrison's run appropriately while adding some decent new characters.

And off that read The Umbrella Academy which for some reason I thought was about vampires before. Probably because I had just read it fifteen minutes earlier, halfway through the first issue I realize "this is totally fucking Doom Patrol" :lol

Shame he wastes all his time on his other "art" like his solo music career, rather than being timely with the promised followups to Academy and taking an entire year to put out three issues of Doom Patrol. (Didn't stop DC from giving him a second book though.)

Tasty

« Reply #4645 on: December 11, 2017, 02:15:06 AM »

Super Sons is so good.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #4646 on: December 11, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
I haven't read DC since Flashpoint because New 52 kinda turned me off, but Dark Knights: Metal looks kinda cool and I'd like to get back into it.
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4647 on: December 11, 2017, 10:17:00 PM »
I haven't read DC since Flashpoint because New 52 kinda turned me off, but Dark Knights: Metal looks kinda cool and I'd like to get back into it.
Do it! And read Mister Miracle :uguu

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4648 on: December 13, 2017, 11:34:07 PM »
Mister Miracle #5 :rejoice
The cover is beautiful, makes me sad in the same way To The Moon does though T_T

If I was drinking, the Jesus pose page would have had me spitting out my water. The look on their faces while listening to the moans of the damned, smiling and remembering back was funny. This chapter was absolutely heartbreaking to me till the last panel. Cant wait for the next one.
[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Tasty

« Reply #4650 on: December 14, 2017, 12:25:07 PM »
Can they please retcon Dick's horrendous New 52 Robin outfit.

I mean I don't want to defend the green speedo and pixie boots, but the new one is just... terrible.

Tasty

« Reply #4651 on: December 14, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »
Just realized the Disney deal hopefully means Marvel Comics will bring back FF and X-Men in force and stop being petty little bitches. Also hopefully kill the Inhumans or seriously sideline them.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4652 on: December 14, 2017, 03:25:44 PM »
Just realized the Disney deal hopefully means Marvel Comics will bring back FF and X-Men in force and stop being petty little bitches. Also hopefully kill the Inhumans or seriously sideline them.

What deal?

EDIT: "Disney Makes $52.4 Billion Deal for 21st Century Fox " 

Oh shit, PLEASE be the end of this movie nonsense shit and mutants are in the Marvel Movieverse! :hyper
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 03:36:19 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4653 on: December 14, 2017, 03:31:50 PM »
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/business/media/disney-fox-espn-tv.html?&moduleDetail=section-news-4&action=click&contentCollection=Media&region=Footer&module=MoreInSection&version=WhatsNext&contentID=WhatsNext&pgtype=article

In the 1990s, when Marvel was just starting out as a movie company, a licensing agreement gave control of the X-Men and Fantastic Four franchises to Fox. Disney bought Marvel for $4 billion in 2009; the deal with Fox brings optioned characters, including the edgy Deadpool, back into the Marvel fold.

ど助平

kingv

« Reply #4654 on: December 14, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
The marvel movies are mostly Mediocre as hell... so I guess I don’t really care either way.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4655 on: December 14, 2017, 10:21:07 PM »
Fox at least had 2 great (superhero) movies and a couple of really good ones, Marvel rarely goes far beyond a McDonald's movie. Yay for more vapid shit that leaves you unaffected and you forget the second you leave the cinema I guess.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4656 on: December 14, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »
I just care that it means they will (hopefully) stop leaving those characters out of a lot of comics or removing them entirely. 

I take it you two haven't seen Thor Ragnarok?  Go see it.
 :nothot
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4657 on: December 14, 2017, 11:50:46 PM »
I have seen it, posted my thoughts in the movie thread, it's a fun action comedy that keeps you entertained for the duration, but lets not pretend it isnt exactly what i called it; a vapid mcdonald's movie that leaves you 5 mins after watching it. Identifying it as such isnt a criticism on it's own, some (most) go to the cinema exactly for that experience, look how hard BR bombed  :stahp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4658 on: December 14, 2017, 11:55:13 PM »
but lets not pretend it isnt exactly what i called it; a vapid mcdonald's movie that leaves you 5 mins after watching it.

Nope.  Not at all.  I want to watch it again...and I don't usually feel that way about Marvel movies.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4659 on: December 15, 2017, 12:07:19 AM »
impasse  :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4660 on: December 15, 2017, 12:51:23 AM »
I get what you're saying and it fits a lot of their other movies...just not Thor.
:idont
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #4661 on: December 15, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »
Regarding this Marvel movies talk. My main takeaway content-wise is wondering if the key Avengers actors or Disney are approaching first regarding the now totally up for grabs death scenes in Infinity War 2+ as their way out now that Marvel has a shit load of characters to fill in the gap before recasting.

Wait, no, Fiege is probably already making out a $100 million check to Downey Jr. for fifteen minutes in front of a green screen that becomes "him in the suit" in Avengers/X-Men with Doctor Doom as the villain. They can kill off Sam Jackson in Infinity War. :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4662 on: December 15, 2017, 07:22:12 AM »
I'm more upset at the thought they may marvel/disney up Firefly and try to make it an expanded universe or some dumb shit.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #4663 on: December 15, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
Its cool that the universe is "whole" again and they can stop being fucking silly with the "no fantastic four because of reasons and lets push these godawful inhumans"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4664 on: December 15, 2017, 01:26:22 PM »
Unrelated to the Disney deal, Marvel announced another BIG CROSSOVER EVENT for next year.  Despite them saying they would stop doing this for a while.   :doge  It's gonna be another Infinite story with Thanos.  I assume this is also where the resurrected Logan is going to pop up? 

And maybe that's a hint for things to come.  Something they could easily do at the end of Avengers Infinite War Part 2 (which is what...2019?) is copy the Age Of Ultron story and have someone say something about how all the shit with the infinite stones has ripped holes in space and time, and who knows what this means, blah blah blah.  Then have a post-credits seen added that has a bunch of street thugs trying to start shit with a guy, who we don't see, followed by a SNIKT noise.  Roll credits and there you go.

Its cool that the universe is "whole" again and they can stop being fucking silly with the "no fantastic four because of reasons and lets push these godawful inhumans"

They at least started bringing back the X-Men more over the past year or so (more books, anyway), but still have mostly kept them out of the spotlight with other Marvel characters.  Hope that this deal will finally change all that.

What I don't get is the Fantastic Four.  OK, shitty Fox FF movie #3 came out.  I get it.  But on the comics side, who cares?  What does that matter?  And all they really did was get rid of Reed, Sue, and their kids.  The Thing is still there (was put with the Guardians Of The Galaxy, then became a SHIELD agent, and now is just doin' thangs) and Johnny Storm was with the Inhumans for a while and is (was?) a part of an Avengers team.  And they gave Doom his own book (Infamous Iron Man).  So...?  ???

Inhumans TV being a huge flop was probably the nail in the coffin for them, but there's still AVENGERS all over the place.  Shove those scrubs aside and bring the X-Men back where they belong, please.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 01:35:58 PM by Dos Locos Tacos »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #4665 on: December 15, 2017, 01:39:21 PM »
Yeah I'm hoping Infinity War 2 pulls some reality-warp shit and we get to see, like, a Spider-Verse movie with all three actors reprising their roles (+ Miles cause why not.)

That'd be the dream...

kingv

« Reply #4666 on: December 15, 2017, 01:53:08 PM »
The X-books have slightly improved but will continue to be shit as long as there are child X-men running around.

I actually like the Inhumans more than I thought I would. Reader is pretty cool actually.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4667 on: December 15, 2017, 02:15:56 PM »
There have always been X-kids running around.  ???
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4668 on: December 16, 2017, 09:46:50 AM »
I like how you guys only read that awful Marvel crap.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4669 on: December 16, 2017, 10:32:09 AM »
 :confused
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4670 on: December 16, 2017, 12:06:22 PM »
I like how you guys only read that awful Marvel crap.
I'm only reading DC and indies currently

Tasty

« Reply #4671 on: December 16, 2017, 02:24:39 PM »
I think the only thing Marvel in my entire collection is Age of Ultron, lol.

Compared to probably 1000+ issues of DC books.

Tasty

« Reply #4672 on: December 16, 2017, 02:33:31 PM »
Just did a count, I have 883 DC books on Comixology compared to 3 for Marvel (Age of Ultron and Avengers vs. X-Men.) :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4673 on: December 16, 2017, 04:30:05 PM »
The joke was that you guys seemingly only read DC. Normally DC fan(atic)s get angry when you call it Marvel.

Tasty

« Reply #4674 on: December 16, 2017, 05:20:51 PM »
Oh. Uh... good one? :thinking

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4675 on: December 16, 2017, 08:54:46 PM »
 :hhh :idont :huh :cac
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #4676 on: December 17, 2017, 01:33:59 AM »
The joke was that you guys seemingly only read DC. Normally DC fan(atic)s get angry when you call it Marvel.
I mean I dont think we're DC fanboys, I prefer DC yes, but the only reason I don't have marvel books in my rotation is that they've been complete shit for a while now (at least stuff that I care about) and not for NINTENDORKS SUX, SEGARULES stuff  :trumps

Freyj

« Reply #4677 on: December 17, 2017, 04:10:16 PM »
I mean, look at what DC is putting out right now, has been putting out since Rebirth compared to Marvel post Secret Wars.

I keep meaning to get into a Marvel thing here or there. Then I read impressions and figure I'll just wait until it's done and sub to Unlimited again. Then I forget to do that.

:yeshrug

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4678 on: December 18, 2017, 03:44:49 AM »
Most of what I read is old Vertigo stuff. (But don't tell anyone.  :shh )

samfish

• Cereal mispeller
« Reply #4679 on: December 18, 2017, 09:26:49 AM »
I read Spider-Man, Renew Yours Vows and Amazing from Marvel, as well as Old Man Logan. I have no idea why I still read Amazing other than out of habit. I increasingly question why I read Spider-Man since it’s really sucked since Secret Wars, and RYVs because of the stupid time skip.

Old Man Logan is legit though. I normally hate Wolverine and wish they’d keep him dead in favor of keeping around the old grizzled version.