Author Topic: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads  (Read 830375 times)

Tasty

Re: Bore Comics Thread: Crisis On Infinite Megathreads
« Reply #5340 on: September 06, 2018, 09:26:53 PM »
$75 a year?  :kobeyuck

I think it's $100/year after the "special" early sign-up period. :lol I basically got $25 off + 3 months free for a service I knew I was going to sign up for anyways. 😬

If you go month-to-month I think it'll "just" be $10 but that's still more than Netflix. Pretty much just for DC hardcores for the foreseeable future.

Nope, it'll stay at $75/year and be $8/month instead. Quite a bit better deal. I guess preordering only gets you the free three months. :thinking

Today DC announced that an annual DC Universe subscriptions will cost $74.99 while monthly memberships will be $7.99. For those fees, members will have access to all of the service’s new shows like Titans, Young Justice: Outsiders, and Swamp Thing in addition to hundreds of DC’s comics and much of Warner Bros.’ back catalog of comic book movies and TV shows.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:33:01 PM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #5341 on: September 06, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »
Also it comes out the day before my birthday so hey, happy early birthday gift to myself. 🎁

kingv

« Reply #5342 on: September 06, 2018, 09:57:48 PM »
Hundreds of comic books does not sound very comprehensive.

Tasty

« Reply #5343 on: September 06, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
Hundreds of comic books does not sound very comprehensive.

https://twitter.com/TheDCUniverse/status/1034967134013538304

2500 issues doesn't sound too terrible to me, I think I have about 1000 after collecting for like six years. With 65%+ of my collection being post-New 52, I think it's safe to say the DCU catalogue and mine won't have much overlap. (I assume it'll focus mostly on older stuff, like Marvel's service.)

Though from the tweet it sounds like it'll be fixed at around 2500, with certain issues leaving and joining. Hope that isn't the case and they just add to it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:24:18 PM by Tasty Meat »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5344 on: September 06, 2018, 11:45:53 PM »
Managing a set of what's available and what's not always sounds like more work to me than just continuously adding to the catalog since most users won't use more than 10% of it probably anyway. And this applies to stuff like the similar programs from Microsoft or whoever. At least in that case there's licensing issues involved, DC owns everything they'll be putting up presumably.

Tasty

« Reply #5345 on: September 06, 2018, 11:52:54 PM »
Managing a set of what's available and what's not always sounds like more work to me than just continuously adding to the catalog since most users won't use more than 10% of it probably anyway. And this applies to stuff like the similar programs from Microsoft or whoever. At least in that case there's licensing issues involved, DC owns everything they'll be putting up presumably.

I doubt I'll change my comics consumption much other than "Oh hey is that old series on DCU? I'll see if it's there; if not, I'll buy it off Comixology." I do the same thing with movies these days. "Is it on Netflix? Well shit, guess I'm renting/buying on Google Play then."

I doubt DCU will have any current ongoings, which means I'm not dropping any of my current pulls.

Like if this had been a thing when The Dark Knight Rises came out and I wanted to read the full Knightfall/Knightquest/Knightsend saga, I wouldn't blow $40 or whatever on all the digital trades or the omnibus like I did in 2012 -- I'd just hit up DCU.

Apparently Wolfman and Perez's full Teen Titans run will be there day one and I've always wanted to go through most or all of it in one go. Same for Chuck Dixon's 90's Robin series. I've probably read dozens of issues but never really in any kind of order or continuity. The comics side of DCU will be pretty good for that I feel.

And who knows, if the whole thing bombs, they might just copy Marvel Unlimited anyways.

My hope is that they have a Comixology link (...like Marvel Unlimited...) so you can read your purchased comics in whichever reader/app/service you prefer. I kinda dig the idea DCU's pushing of reading comics on a TV. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #5346 on: September 07, 2018, 01:46:21 AM »
Adventures of the Super Sons #2

This was a really fun throwback. :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Tasty

« Reply #5347 on: September 07, 2018, 01:53:03 AM »
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #5348 on: September 07, 2018, 02:31:45 AM »
that Lena storyline was actually pretty cool ultimately, surrounded by a pile of change for change sake THINGS NEED TO BE DARK AFTER 9/11 shit going on in the Supes books at the time iirc

Tasty

« Reply #5349 on: September 13, 2018, 07:37:10 PM »

DC Universe is live and I'm in, AMA.

kingv

« Reply #5350 on: September 13, 2018, 08:10:19 PM »
What’s the comic selection look like? The whole thing is sort of weird.

Without all of the comics back to the beginning of time, I just don’t see the value. I feel like there’s not enough shows to make it otherwise worthwhile.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #5351 on: September 13, 2018, 09:36:47 PM »
Is that Teen Titans show on it yet? How bad is it?
WDW

Tasty

« Reply #5352 on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »
What’s the comic selection look like? The whole thing is sort of weird.

Without all of the comics back to the beginning of time, I just don’t see the value. I feel like there’s not enough shows to make it otherwise worthwhile.

Comic selection is the weakest of the media types. Most DC comics series have at least issue #1 for that series available, but only about 1/5 of the series I've seen offer the complete set. Like I said before, there's no Robin (1993), but there is Red Robin (2009) and New Teen Titans (1984) (though oddly not New Teen Titans (1980).) It's not full enough to be reliable.

I have to imagine it'll get better, though.

Is that Teen Titans show on it yet?

The original Teen Titans is available, but not Teen Titans Go.

How bad is it?

The show? It's fine.

The service? It could be better. This really is only for the hardest of hardcores right now, and doesn't offer a ton you can't get elsewhere yet. As the original shows fill out and they add more and more to the comic selection it may eventually approach a point a more casual DC fan wouldn't mind signing up.

The app is really slick, but the website feels a bit staid. Loading and page transitions are a bit janky, and you can't update your profile or background pic on the web (just in the app.) Still, very serviceable. The app supports Chromecast too (though not for comics yet, despite that being touted as a selling point), which I guess I should expect standard with these service launches but everyone else has always treated it as a "nice to have" so I'm glad it's here day one.

In an ideal world where you paid $8 and got on-demand access to everything ever put under the "DC" label -- including all their comics, all their live action WB movies, all the cartoons and animated movies, all the CW shows, and all the other less-known content. Maybe eventually DC Universe will grow and we'll live in that world. I'm hoping, anyways.

benjipwns

« Reply #5353 on: September 14, 2018, 04:29:57 AM »
Actually, I'm kinda interested to know what the Vertigo lineup might look like. Or anything similar to it that either didn't get into Vertigo until later (Shade The Changing Man, Swamp Thing) or was close enough (Hitman, Starman) that it maybe should have been considered such.

Or like, Grant Morrison's Animal Man run or crap.

Tasty

« Reply #5354 on: September 14, 2018, 04:43:39 AM »
- Shade the Changing Man: No, but they do have a DC Nation short based on it.
- Swamp Thing: 15 issues from The Saga of the Swamp Thing (1982) are available, along with #1 from Swamp Thing (2011.)
- Hitman: 28 issues from the 1996-2001 run are available.
- Starman: 36 issues of the 1994 run are available.
- Animal Man: The only run available is the 2011 New 52 one, which offers 12 issues (#0-11.)

Soooo... a C+ maybe?

benjipwns

« Reply #5355 on: September 14, 2018, 05:12:13 AM »
Wow, I'm surprised Hitman is on there, I thought that was like DC's ultimate shame. Especially since it spun out of that BLOODLINES event. Actually Shade is probably their real ultimate shame since they've never collected more than the first 20 issues (out of 70) EVER. And the book ended in like 1995 or something. And even though Young Animal has a sequel series for it.

The Swamp Thing one is funny because that's almost right where it ends as a regular hero book and Alan Moore takes it over.

Peep that Starman if you haven't. Great book. I've long since forgotten which very few DC things I usually promote that you haven't touched are.

I wonder if author considerations play into any of this...like Moore's Swamp Thing has long had a DC sanction on how often it gets republished compared to other stuff.

benjipwns

« Reply #5356 on: September 14, 2018, 05:15:48 AM »
Oh, one other thing I'd wonder, and this relates to someone elses post that I should go find and quote, if they're going to do things like put up the entire No Man's Land story.

The collected TPB's left out parts of the story back when they were done. The same thing happened to Knightfall/Knightsend though the later versions corrected it. I don't know if newer NML collections ever were done or completed.

Actually what I should be asking is do they have like a storyline thing for crossovers. Like you can click on and get say the Knightfall story even though it runs across multiple books or Final Crisis or Infinite Crisis or whatever. Maybe you answered that...I'll look when I look for the NML post.

benjipwns

« Reply #5357 on: September 14, 2018, 05:50:55 AM »
I have never read No Mans Land, that’s the Batman story line from the late 90s, right? Is it worth going back to?
Yeah, I think it stands up and is in many ways what every Batman EVENT will ever be chasing and trying to match in scope. It's 80 fucking parts across like 15 different books. The first trades left out half of the issues.

There's sorta a thematic MAXI-ARC that begins in "Cataclysm"/"No Man's Land" then continues into "Officer Down" before finishing in "War Games"/"War Crimes" that spun out Gotham Central and was treated as this look at Gotham as an entity itself, and Batman as a piece of that and an unique piece who can be both savior and terror, and also the places for Jim Gordon and the GCPD who operate in a world where Batman and his team does so much of their jobs and can bend or ignore laws they can't. Catwoman's second series also begins to follow this path and is where the "conclusion" of the arc truly is. And unlike Snyder's similar attempt at this, it basically does little with Bruce Wayne, it does things with Bruce but mainly in his place as Batman, and control issues within the team and the city and not Bruce as a Wayne or whatever else. Like his main theme for the arc is Bruce's obsessive need to control events in Gotham, No Man's Land takes this away from him, and after "Officer Down" he tries to force a rebuild on it that culminates in "War Games."

This was sorta stuff (Bruce's obsessive need to control) Snyder explored especially in METAL of all things, but in this arc it's grounded in the real world. There's very very little superheroics of that kind of scope. The famous visit in No Man's Land has Superman come into the city to help and find that he doesn't understand Gotham on a level that allows him to use his powers for anything good, he's more effective as Clark Kent, the farmer in helping fix up a community garden.

NML is my favorite single storyline probably, but that huge arc formed from the multiple storylines and also spun-off into the two series of Gotham Central and Catwoman is overall my favorite take and "definitive" set of Batman/Gotham stories. The characters are fallible and have to deal with that for the most part. Especially in their relationships with others. Like Bruce and Jim. There's a moment where they argue and Jim snaps at Bruce for sending first Azrael and then Dick in as Batman (after Knightfall) while trying to play it off like they were the same person all along. And Bruce's recent pattern of generally not trusting Jim of all people. Gotham Central obviously explores Gotham from the view of the GCPD detectives and their views on Batman are all over the place. Catwoman uses its unique position of her "outside the law" in a way Bruce isn't to explore the consequences of that on other people in a way they can't with Bruce's side-characters since they can't just kill off Dick, Barbara, etc. or have them murder someone or whatever. They're tied together by existing in the same temporal place and events spinning off into them. The events of NML, lead to the rise of Black Mask in the vacuum and he never really gets brought down in the other books, it's Catwoman that winds up being the denouement for that plot as a result of the strands of plots that were in that book leading to that point.

So...yeah...check it out. No Man's Land that is, the rest is just some silly benji wank.

Tasty

« Reply #5358 on: September 14, 2018, 10:33:37 AM »
Actually Saga of the Swamp Thing covers #21-34 and #37, which I take as Moore's run.

Tasty

« Reply #5359 on: September 14, 2018, 12:41:54 PM »
Maybe this service is useful. I just got a hankering to look up Beast Boy's first appearance (The Doom Patrol (1964) #99), and the entire stretch of comics around it is available (#96-108.)

DCU is actually useful maybe :o

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5360 on: September 14, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
I have never read No Mans Land, that’s the Batman story line from the late 90s, right? Is it worth going back to?
Yeah, I think it stands up and is in many ways what every Batman EVENT will ever be chasing and trying to match in scope. It's 80 fucking parts across like 15 different books. The first trades left out half of the issues.

There's sorta a thematic MAXI-ARC that begins in "Cataclysm"/"No Man's Land" then continues into "Officer Down" before finishing in "War Games"/"War Crimes" that spun out Gotham Central and was treated as this look at Gotham as an entity itself, and Batman as a piece of that and an unique piece who can be both savior and terror, and also the places for Jim Gordon and the GCPD who operate in a world where Batman and his team does so much of their jobs and can bend or ignore laws they can't. Catwoman's second series also begins to follow this path and is where the "conclusion" of the arc truly is. And unlike Snyder's similar attempt at this, it basically does little with Bruce Wayne, it does things with Bruce but mainly in his place as Batman, and control issues within the team and the city and not Bruce as a Wayne or whatever else. Like his main theme for the arc is Bruce's obsessive need to control events in Gotham, No Man's Land takes this away from him, and after "Officer Down" he tries to force a rebuild on it that culminates in "War Games."

This was sorta stuff (Bruce's obsessive need to control) Snyder explored especially in METAL of all things, but in this arc it's grounded in the real world. There's very very little superheroics of that kind of scope. The famous visit in No Man's Land has Superman come into the city to help and find that he doesn't understand Gotham on a level that allows him to use his powers for anything good, he's more effective as Clark Kent, the farmer in helping fix up a community garden.

NML is my favorite single storyline probably, but that huge arc formed from the multiple storylines and also spun-off into the two series of Gotham Central and Catwoman is overall my favorite take and "definitive" set of Batman/Gotham stories. The characters are fallible and have to deal with that for the most part. Especially in their relationships with others. Like Bruce and Jim. There's a moment where they argue and Jim snaps at Bruce for sending first Azrael and then Dick in as Batman (after Knightfall) while trying to play it off like they were the same person all along. And Bruce's recent pattern of generally not trusting Jim of all people. Gotham Central obviously explores Gotham from the view of the GCPD detectives and their views on Batman are all over the place. Catwoman uses its unique position of her "outside the law" in a way Bruce isn't to explore the consequences of that on other people in a way they can't with Bruce's side-characters since they can't just kill off Dick, Barbara, etc. or have them murder someone or whatever. They're tied together by existing in the same temporal place and events spinning off into them. The events of NML, lead to the rise of Black Mask in the vacuum and he never really gets brought down in the other books, it's Catwoman that winds up being the denouement for that plot as a result of the strands of plots that were in that book leading to that point.

So...yeah...check it out. No Man's Land that is, the rest is just some silly benji wank.

Will check this out.  Been meaning to for a while!

Gotham season five is going to be a version of this story.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5361 on: September 14, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
NML is ace but I always felt like I only ever got 20% of the picture. Is there a good maxi/omni for it?

kingv

« Reply #5362 on: September 14, 2018, 08:04:22 PM »
One thing marvel got right with unlimited is that it had a lot of shit really quickly.

The quality was terrible. The app was total shit, but it had a whole lot of comics really fast. The service is a lot better now, but I liked it right away because I could catch up on years of shit I missed.

Tasty

« Reply #5363 on: September 15, 2018, 10:44:09 AM »

DCU "Batman Day" updates.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5364 on: September 16, 2018, 04:43:58 PM »
The Batman who Laughs is back?  :rejoice  :aah :noah

kingv

« Reply #5365 on: September 16, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
I’m kind of surprised they brought him back so quick.

Tasty

« Reply #5366 on: September 16, 2018, 07:33:38 PM »
Yeah, so glad to see DC is being consistent with the character and is running the dude into the ground just like the Joker.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #5367 on: September 16, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
Yeah, so glad to see DC is being consistent with the character and is running the dude into the ground just like the Joker.

Well he is a version of Joker  :doge

Tasty

« Reply #5368 on: September 16, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »

Well he is a version of Joker  :doge

Lol that's what I meant haha. Couldn't word it right.

benjipwns

« Reply #5369 on: September 17, 2018, 06:25:08 AM »
NML is ace but I always felt like I only ever got 20% of the picture. Is there a good maxi/omni for it?
I think this FINALLY collects all 80 parts: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IBY05D8/ (comixology link, but you can click through to the TPB's)

For years I used to really advocate just torrenting it because DC refused to publish half of the story, and there was a torrent out there where a guy painstakingly collected and put all the issues in story order, including the tie-ins. (Their publishing order was not the story order, as was once common in the industry.) And this was before comic torrents really took off and you easily could find stuff like every Spider-Man comic ever in one torrent.

It'd be one thing if like DC had collected almost all of it like they did with KnightFall/KnightsEnd, where they left out I think two or three issues, which only really mattered because one of them was part of a three part story and it was the second part. But DC just ignored half of it, which for a story that was built around touching on all the Gotham characters and thus all the Gotham books including introducing Cassandra/Renee Montanya/much of the recurring GCPD cast/etc. and restoring Barbara's confidence and establishment as Oracle beyond just the Birds of Prey, addressing unspoken fallout with characters like Huntress, Azrael, Tim, Dick, etc. from KnightFall, it drastically narrows the scope to merely Batman retaking the city.

I think the sprawl of NML and ultimately the way things established in it continued to dominate the Gotham based books for years and led to concepts like Gotham Central and stuff make it an epic that built a bridge for the Batman books out of the 1990's endless EVENT THAT DOES NOT MATTER into what ultimately let Morrison and then Snyder create their extended multi-year maxi-arcs.

Probably the only real thing DC's attempted with a similar scope or scale, where they straight up replaced an entire set of books to tell a single story for a whole year, was New Krypton.

Tasty

« Reply #5370 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
Thanks benji~

DC Black Label launches this week with Batman: Damned #1. Got it subbed and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit. Only three issues though.

kingv

« Reply #5371 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:49 PM »
By the way, all of those no mans land books are like $36 total right now for Batman day... which seems like a good deal so I bought them.

Tasty

« Reply #5372 on: September 17, 2018, 10:44:59 PM »
Watched the first two DC Dailys. Equal parts entertaining and cringe. Will probably only watch when a good guest star pops up. It reminded me that DC Black Label is launching Wednesday with Batman: Damned, and I just subbed to it (…on Comixology…)

The web experience is pretty terrible, which is a shame as it’s my preferred access method. The comic reader bugs out every couple pages, and changing settings when reading a comic is painful. The video player consistently chooses a worse quality than the app, and doesn’t support Chromecast to boot (though the app does.) In general the app is just much more polished which is great, I just wish the website was as good.

Tasty

« Reply #5373 on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:33 PM »
BTW just bought all those NML books from benji's link on Comixology and diving in now.

benjipwns

« Reply #5374 on: September 18, 2018, 12:44:01 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5375 on: September 18, 2018, 01:45:11 AM »
@Tasty, I want our resident Robin stan's thoughts on Batman #54

kingv

« Reply #5376 on: September 18, 2018, 08:49:09 AM »
Also took advantage of Batman day to catch up on Detective comics and Batman trades :-)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5377 on: September 18, 2018, 08:53:48 AM »
shots fired at tasty's racism: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qva887/superman-shouldnt-be-white

OK...Superman shouldn't be black, either- he's an alien.  He should be green or blue or some shit.  :doge

DC already did a black Superman anyway.
ど助平

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5378 on: September 18, 2018, 09:24:56 AM »
Superman should be whatever he needs to be to be the Clark Kent we know, you write in racism from growing up in bum fuck iowa and he's a different thing, just make new superheroes if you want to tell new stories friends.

benjipwns

« Reply #5379 on: September 18, 2018, 11:52:55 AM »
I'd highly prefer them to keep to canon in the comics, but don't really care whatever they do in new movies if it works out :trumps

Tasty

« Reply #5380 on: September 18, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »

Will read later. For the record, while Dick is awesome (:teehee) Timmy is the reason I love the Robin character. I've always preferred Dick as Nightwing (and Batman.)

Damian's been a good Robin too, just way different to what came before. :lol

Tasty

« Reply #5381 on: September 18, 2018, 12:02:05 PM »
shots fired at tasty's racism: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/qva887/superman-shouldnt-be-white

OK...Superman shouldn't be black, either- he's an alien.  He should be green or blue or some shit.  :doge

DC already did a black Superman anyway.
(Image removed from quote.)

There's been infinite Supermen anyways, depending on the state of the multiverse.

FWIW I do believe there are black Kryptonians, but yeah, Superman/Clark Kent as we know him in-canon has always been white and should always be white (and that goes for any character of any race.) Other realities or mediums like movies? I'm like benji: I don't care. :trumps

kingv

« Reply #5382 on: September 18, 2018, 12:11:14 PM »
I like the idea of a literal alien from a different species being super racist.

Tasty

« Reply #5383 on: September 18, 2018, 01:12:26 PM »

:beli

:brazilcry

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #5384 on: September 18, 2018, 02:14:16 PM »

Will read later. For the record, while Dick is awesome (:teehee) Timmy is the reason I love the Robin character. I've always preferred Dick as Nightwing (and Batman.)

Damian's been a good Robin too, just way different to what came before. :lol
The entire chapter is just Dick, Bruce and Alfred, I think you're going to like it.

chronovore

• relapsed dev

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5386 on: September 19, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
Will say it again- Bendis should be given Earth 2 or a similar type of alternate universe book to work on.  He would do well with that- Ultimate Spider-Man was great.  Fucking leave the mainstream superheroes alone, man.  LEAVE THEM ALONE.
:kinison
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5387 on: September 19, 2018, 11:05:39 AM »
Today is the canonical conclusion of Buffy Summers' storyline (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 12: The Reckoning #4) and I'm not sure if I'm ready to feel that in real-time (since I just nearly missed the original show's finale.)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:12:46 AM by Tasty Meat »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5388 on: September 19, 2018, 12:52:40 PM »
Thanks benji~

DC Black Label launches this week with Batman: Damned #1. Got it subbed and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.

Hmm, I wonder why... :thinking

www.dorkly.com/post/87165/batmans-actual-dick-made-its-first-appearance-in-a-comic-this-week

©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #5389 on: September 19, 2018, 12:59:45 PM »
But Batman's actual Dick is Robin. :thinking

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5390 on: September 19, 2018, 04:21:46 PM »
Been reading old Spider-Man comics. Think MJ is about to be introduced. Going through this old stuff reminded me of the awful looking cg Spider-Man show.

You guys know if that show's any good? Might be fun to go through.

Purple Filth

« Reply #5391 on: September 19, 2018, 05:02:13 PM »
They have that Black Superman in Multiversity and he seemed fine so its something they can explore outside of the comic space :yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5392 on: September 19, 2018, 05:07:53 PM »
Thanks benji~

DC Black Label launches this week with Batman: Damned #1. Got it subbed and I'm looking forward to it quite a bit.

Hmm, I wonder why... :thinking

www.dorkly.com/post/87165/batmans-actual-dick-made-its-first-appearance-in-a-comic-this-week

When I first saw that picture, I thought the shadow on his leg was his dork and wondered why the shape was so weird.   :lol
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #5393 on: September 19, 2018, 07:24:20 PM »
Spectacular is GOAT

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5394 on: September 19, 2018, 09:23:35 PM »
Return Of Wolverine #1:

Pretty quick read.

-Completely ignores everything Wolverine-related leading up to this book.   :lol ::)  Wolverine running around undetected and popping up with an Infinite Stone (that he gave to Black Widow a Black Widow clone- guess I missed that somewhere) for like a year now?  LOLDUNNOWHOCARES I guess. 

-Wolverine has no idea who he is.  Again.  He sees images of himself in pools of blood or water and talks to himself, remembering some stuff.

-This one's all about the new bad guy group Soteira.  They're big on cloning (so that makes me wonder...is this really Wolverine?  Maybe that's how it ends up tying into the previous stuff?)  One of the soldiers that Wolverine shoots appears to be a clone of Omega Red, for instance.

-Not much really happens here.  Wolverine wakes up in a lab where just about everyone is dead, leaves, kills some Soteira guys, and talks to a woman who gives him his new costume and then he decides to go after Soteira.  The end.
[close]
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #5395 on: September 20, 2018, 05:25:19 AM »
I love the '94 Spidey but it goes through plotlines a mile a minute and you'd have to be into that sort of thing. I can still watch it and enjoy it, but I'm hesitant on recommending it.

Got that show on dvd. It's one of my favourite shows.

Tasty

« Reply #5396 on: September 20, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »

Tasty

« Reply #5397 on: September 20, 2018, 11:53:45 AM »
Also the Buffy license is going to BOOM! which does a whoooooole bunch of licensed garbage. So my proclamation of the series' canonical death still holds true.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5398 on: September 20, 2018, 04:48:29 PM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/20/dc-alters-batman-art-to-remove-imagery-of-his-penis

It was just a big publicity stunt for first editions.

Batman’s Dick R.I.P.

His penis got Omega Sanctioned.
[close]
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5399 on: September 20, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/09/20/dc-alters-batman-art-to-remove-imagery-of-his-penis

It was just a big publicity stunt for first editions.

"And here we come to the crowning jewel of my vast library.  The rare first edition Batman print with his visible...Dick, if you will."
\
:snob
ど助平