Author Topic: FitnessBore - 2018 edition  (Read 802705 times)

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
Re: FitnessBore - 2018 edition
« Reply #7680 on: October 31, 2018, 04:47:48 PM »
Still stuck at 200-205lb. I have to try and cut booze out completely . I drink almost twice a week, it sucks.

After this week it's 1 week of a deload and I start my full leg based training program 4x a week with at least 1-2 days of full cardio in between. This has to drop me at least down to 190lb.

Titty Stro how much weight did you lose in your face when you lost 20 pounds?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7681 on: October 31, 2018, 09:41:39 PM »
I keep fantasizing about my goal weight. Not about me looking fantastic naked, or even all the tail I'm gonna pull. Mainly just me being able to eat at maintenance again which would be another 500cals daily  :noah id basically eat as I'm eating now and that extra 500 would be carb fucking city
:9

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7682 on: October 31, 2018, 10:36:10 PM »
I keep fantasizing about my goal weight. Not about me looking fantastic naked, or even all the tail I'm gonna pull. Mainly just me being able to eat at maintenance again which would be another 500cals daily  :noah id basically eat as I'm eating now and that extra 500 would be carb fucking city
what's your goal weight?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7683 on: November 01, 2018, 07:13:37 AM »
what's your goal weight?

At this point with rudimentary caliper testing to figure out my lean body mass, I'm gunning for 137. There was a redditor who posted his progress pics and with both of us at the same height, 137 would place me at very low bodyfat. Using that as a jumpoff point to start gaining more muscles with the lowest fat possible.

At the pace I'm at now, I'm still 3 to 3 1/2 months out

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7684 on: November 01, 2018, 11:45:55 AM »
Did heavy farmer walks with a hex bar, heavy enough I needed straps. My upper body is toast. I was pouring sweat too. Felt like doing this was squeezing ever last drop of water out of my skin.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7685 on: November 01, 2018, 12:00:39 PM »
Damn scale... Either my leg muscle growth is contributing to the scale staying the same or I hit a plateau and I have to reduce calories again. Probably a combo of both since I feel like my waist is smaller and I've seen some water/fat reduction in my upper body.

Those farmer walks would help wouldn't they? I wanna join in on the farmer walks but there's no space to do that at this gym  :fbm

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7686 on: November 01, 2018, 12:07:32 PM »
Damn scale... Either my leg muscle growth is contributing to the scale staying the same or I hit a plateau and I have to reduce calories again. Probably a combo of both since I feel like my waist is smaller and I've seen some water/fat reduction in my upper body.

Those farmer walks would help wouldn't they? I wanna join in on the farmer walks but there's no space to do that at this gym  :fbm

Cut out the booze completely if you can and make double sure your calories are being truly accounted for before you go to cutting more out (Do you relax your diet on the weekend? Make sure youre not going overboard). Honestly though I dont think the booze is worth it, at least during a cut.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:17:26 PM by BlueTsunami »

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7687 on: November 01, 2018, 12:20:08 PM »

Cut out the booze completely if you can and make double sure your calories are being truly accounted for before you go to cutting more out (Do you relax your diet on the weekend? Make sure youre not going overboard). Honestly though I dont think the booze is worth it, at least during a cut.
For sure the booze is the number 1 culprit. It's hard for me to cut booze on the weekend.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7688 on: November 01, 2018, 12:37:02 PM »
I was hitting the booze pretty hard at the start of the year. Mainly a weekend drinker like you. It wreaks havoc on your metabolism and T levels. If anything minimize it by a lot and make sure to account for it in your diet. Also drink clear and straight stuff, obviously. The way alcohol metabolizes can make  it very hard to burn directly from your fat stores if youre in a caloric surplass after drinking. Basically busting your hump during the week to nullify it during the weekend. Its a vicious and demoralizing cycle.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7689 on: November 01, 2018, 12:45:58 PM »
Its a vicious and demoralizing cycle.
yes it is.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7690 on: November 01, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
Do loads of cardio and even boozing won't stop weight loss.

"But riotous, losing weight is 99% diet!"  fuck outta here lazy non weight losing asses.
Well, diet is number 1. Cardio does help a lot but I also don't want to lose muscle so it gets tricky.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7691 on: November 01, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »
I think maybe if I take the beard off and I have all this fuckin water face bloat going maybe it will jolt me into panic mode  :lol

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7692 on: November 01, 2018, 01:06:37 PM »
Cardio is fine as long as youre not on a severe cut. I'm netting 1600 cals a day and average arou d 45mins of cardio a day. I'm still gaining strength and I'm burning fat in a way I never did when I was just hitting the gym and dieting.

Cardio is such a great mood enhancer too. Its benefits extend beyond a bedroom bod

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7693 on: November 01, 2018, 01:11:43 PM »
I hate the feeling of losing strength when cutting and that happens even more when adding cardio.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7694 on: November 01, 2018, 01:32:50 PM »
I hate the feeling of losing strength when cutting and that happens even more when adding cardio.

That sounds like a you problem, mathawfawkaaaaahhh

But seriously, that just points to you having to get your diet in order. From your cals down to the macros and where your cals are coming from.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7695 on: November 01, 2018, 05:05:08 PM »
After some consideration, I'm doing farmers walks 4 times a week hitting all my workout days. I mean, looking at Stros pics, proof is in the puddin'. I'll probably drop an accessory movement in fsvor of focusing on them and keeping a complementary movement.

So

Military Press > Farmer Walks > Dips

Bench Press > Farmer Walks > BB Rows

Squats > Farmer Walks > Box Squats

Deadlifts > Farmer Walks > Romanian Deadlifts

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7696 on: November 01, 2018, 05:10:20 PM »
What is this? trap city?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7697 on: November 01, 2018, 06:09:19 PM »
Imma build myself a turtle shell

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7698 on: November 01, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »
I hate helping people at the gym, I feel stupid doing it but this poor fucking dude was benching so god damn wrong when he asked to work in with me.... man it was brutal. I felt bad for him and I tried to help him because this poor kid was taller than me, and he had a natural build where he could be pretty strong but my god the kid couldn't bench a simple 45 on each side warm up set without all kinds of problems.

Hopefully he takes my advice. I usually hate giving advice though.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7699 on: November 02, 2018, 07:13:34 AM »
These trap doms :noah

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7700 on: November 02, 2018, 11:05:16 AM »
Any of you take any pre-workouts?

And when/have any of you shocked your CNS before? I've done it a few times, it is awful and you feel it right away.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7701 on: November 02, 2018, 11:30:22 AM »
I do a caffeine load before working out but that's it.
yeah todays preworkouts aren't that serious like they once were. it's just a caffeine load, some vitamins, and the better ones have Taurine or Beta- alanine  in them which are the ones I like. They do work, even if it's just a little.

Arginine is really popular here. People take it as a daily supplement, but I find that it gives me immediate diarrhea.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7702 on: November 02, 2018, 11:39:50 AM »
Try more than that.

My body reacts super crazy to any type of drug. So the simple combo of Caffeine+Arginine+Taurine already gets me fucking nuts. I wish I had ephedrine to throw in there like I used to do but that leaves me borderline psychotic.

One thing I feel the effects of now more than ever before is Creatine. Maybe because I'm getting older, but man creatine now is a life-line. I cannot live without it.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7703 on: November 02, 2018, 11:53:39 AM »
Any of you take any pre-workouts? .

A healthy dose of metal music before my set

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7704 on: November 02, 2018, 12:00:11 PM »
Any of you take any pre-workouts? .

A healthy dose of metal music before my set

Meshuggah works for me  :like

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7705 on: November 02, 2018, 12:03:19 PM »
OK ordered a pre-workout;  not gonna do creatine as a pre but may add some for post.

Should come today; not sure when.  Probably gonna workout twice today;  this has been my worst week in a year for working out, only hit it up twice.  Got a stomach bug on Wed. night that took me out and is still affecting me but fuck it I'm going to workout today... then get that pre-workout probably later and workout again in the evening.
Which one did you order? 

Creatine is a must, and it does not matter when you take it. You take creatine daily regardless if you work out or not. I recommend loading it for the first week.

Assimilate

• Now bringing you *Zen*
« Reply #7706 on: November 02, 2018, 12:13:04 PM »
OK ordered a pre-workout;  not gonna do creatine as a pre but may add some for post.

Should come today; not sure when.  Probably gonna workout twice today;  this has been my worst week in a year for working out, only hit it up twice.  Got a stomach bug on Wed. night that took me out and is still affecting me but fuck it I'm going to workout today... then get that pre-workout probably later and workout again in the evening.
Which one did you order? 

Creatine is a must, and it does not matter when you take it. You take creatine daily regardless if you work out or not. I recommend loading it for the first week.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WZPOWHK/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Pretty good. Some people say citrulline turns into arginine in the gut or something, and it doesn't give you the shits. I can't even buy something of that quality here so I'm stuck with mixing garbage for the time being. The beta-alanine can give you tingles, nothing too much but still it bothers some people .

But yeah like I said before Creatine is a must.

agrajag

« Reply #7707 on: November 03, 2018, 08:10:11 PM »
Did some sets of trap bar farmers walks with fat gripz. Only 155 on the bar, but the fat gripz make it tough to hang on to. It's about 60ft from end to end of the gym. Forearms on fire.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7708 on: November 03, 2018, 08:16:36 PM »
Did some sets of trap bar farmers walks with fat gripz. Only 155 on the bar, but the fat gripz make it tough to hang on to. It's about 60ft from end to end of the gym. Forearms on fire.

I need to do this, thanks for bringing it up. Targeted grip work is the next thing I need to work on.

agrajag

« Reply #7709 on: November 03, 2018, 08:44:28 PM »

I need to do this, thanks for bringing it up. Targeted grip work is the next thing I need to work on.

Yeah, you gotta do that grip work, bruv! My forearms blew up since I started doing grip work this summer. Plate pinches, farmer carries, reverse grip curls (esp with fat gripz), arm wrestler style wrist curls with the cable machine, grippers, etc. Another thing I sort of stumbled onto is doing pullups with an extremely narrow grip is a fantastic tool for building your radiobrachiales.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7710 on: November 05, 2018, 06:58:04 PM »

Yeah, you gotta do that grip work, bruv! My forearms blew up since I started doing grip work this summer. Plate pinches, farmer carries, reverse grip curls (esp with fat gripz), arm wrestler style wrist curls with the cable machine, grippers, etc. Another thing I sort of stumbled onto is doing pullups with an extremely narrow grip is a fantastic tool for building your radiobrachiales.

Bought some fat gripz. Plan on doing those reverse curls you do and using them on my targeted grip farmers walk days.

agrajag

« Reply #7711 on: November 05, 2018, 08:11:38 PM »

Bought some fat gripz. Plan on doing those reverse curls you do and using them on my targeted grip farmers walk days.

There is a curl variation where you can do a regular curl and then on the very slow and controlled negative you do reverse grip. That way you can do heavier weight, those are good too!

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7712 on: November 06, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »
Did 5-7rep max box squats yesterday. Buttcheek doms  :ltg

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7713 on: November 10, 2018, 07:01:22 PM »

:trigger

Going super Saiyan mafuckers

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7714 on: November 10, 2018, 09:20:56 PM »
I think i broke reality. I just weighed in less than i did this morning and this is after having eaten a large plate of chinese food.

agrajag

« Reply #7715 on: November 11, 2018, 03:06:13 AM »
Set a new PR on weighted triceps dips. 37.5lbsx8, pretty happy about this.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7716 on: November 11, 2018, 12:24:04 PM »

:trigger

Going super Saiyan mafuckers

what the fuuuuuuck

that is fast

also you were pretty damn fat when you started out, it's so easy to lose weight when you're fat

i've slimmed down a lot and now that i'm slim, losing more fat is hard

also i fucked up by thinking i couldn't handle less than 2300 cal a day, i'm on 1800 now and it's going better than ever :rock

i feel kinda dumb about it, but mistakes were made, learned and moved on

i think i'm back on track to lose a pound a week but not sure yet

i'm already back to my old weight of 139 pounds, feelsgoodman :aah

not sure how long i still have to go and how much i'll weigh when i get my abs, but we'll see

Yeah I'll probably have to slow it down or metabolic adaptation will do it for me. I figure I'm around 25% bodyfat now. Another 29lbs to go. Currently I'm still on pace for 10lbs lost a month. Weighed in at 163 this morning, was 173 the same day last month. My strength is also holding steady if not slowing eeking its way up. Id be absolutely ok with a strength plateau at this rate of weight loss. Just need to hold out for 2 1/2 more months were I should be at 10% BF.

Then I plan on cycling off the deficit by going into maintenance for two weeks and then into a 15% surplus.

I think I'm going to now do 24 hour fasts on Fridays into Saturdays. My body responds very well to it. I feel much tighter the next day and sharper. And the whole day I dont have to give a fuck about food until dinner.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 12:37:57 PM by BlueTsunami »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7717 on: November 13, 2018, 07:32:09 PM »
When you can think you look fat, skinnyfat, jacked, scrawny, and fit all in the same pose session in a mirror :stahp

#bodydysmorphiagang

I seem to love contorting my body to the worst angle possible just to confirm my hideousness

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #7718 on: November 15, 2018, 09:41:09 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46217512

Of interest. Half the bore would line up multiple times for this.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7719 on: November 18, 2018, 01:47:53 PM »
That spine aint going NOWHERE

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7720 on: November 18, 2018, 01:52:09 PM »
Looks pretty good, though did you take the pick right after workout?  :-*

agrajag

« Reply #7721 on: November 20, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »
set a PR on weighted chins today, 35lbs 3x3. I've been doing them every day, microloading them, started with 20lbs. Gonna stick to this weight for a while now and work on increasing the reps.

agrajag

« Reply #7722 on: November 25, 2018, 12:09:30 PM »
set a deadlift PR yesterday, 345 conventional. Did 325, 335 and then the max, all three were personal bests, so the 345 was a real grinder. 400 is penciled in for next year.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 12:16:21 PM by agrajag »

agrajag

« Reply #7723 on: November 25, 2018, 12:12:48 PM »
:whew

it's babyweight, but I'm not a big dude and only been lifting heavy for about 8 months

agrajag

« Reply #7724 on: December 03, 2018, 09:28:34 PM »
haven't been able to go to the gym for a week, and this week is not looking any better  :maf

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7725 on: December 04, 2018, 11:47:44 AM »
Have to deload next week. My 90% max lifts have plummeted. Ive been slowly raising the volume to the point where I've been lifting for 1 and 1/2 hours at 1600cals a day along with cardio and I think my body is taxed. With that said today I felt strong as fuck on my deadlift so it may be a sleeping issue. Last night I got a good nights sleep. Have to figure this out

Also, the fat gripz ive been using have made my grip much more secure in just two weeks, its insane. My deadlifts would feel sort of week at 90% 1RM due to my grip but today my grip was like a vice grip.

In other news I'm nearly 40lbs down with minimal to no strength loss. I'm looking beefy, and striations are starting to surface. 22.more lbs to go to 10% BF
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 12:31:16 PM by BlueTsunami »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7726 on: December 06, 2018, 10:13:43 AM »
I've been going hard at the last minute on the ERG machine and fuck that motherfucker hits your core hard when you dig in.

agrajag

« Reply #7727 on: December 06, 2018, 11:35:42 AM »
been walking around too much for this event I'm doing and now on top of not being able to lift for two weeks I have a big ass blister on the ball of my left foot and a stone bruise on the ball of my right foot  :doge

Nabbis

• oops
« Reply #7728 on: December 06, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
For some reason these past few times when i felt too mentally tired to go the gym were the times where i had the best performance. :doge Psychology is one hell of a thing.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7729 on: December 11, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »
So id like to thank agrajag for suggesting fat gripz. Some fine ass deadlifting cutie asked me about them and I told her What's up. So now, when she does get them, I'll have an in to strike up another convo, well get dinner and I can eventually finger that tight bootyhole.

agrajag

« Reply #7730 on: December 12, 2018, 12:07:33 AM »
As repayment for helping you get laid, all I ask is that you forward me her nudes.

agrajag

« Reply #7731 on: December 12, 2018, 06:57:19 AM »
So I don't remember if I mentioned, but they closed down my awesome 24 hour fitness I've been going to for years for unspecified reasons. They transferred my membership to another 24, I walk in there and it's like a freaking LA Fitness. Packed to the gills and full of machines, only two squat racks, no bumper plates, etc.

Cancelled my membership immediately and joined a small old school powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. This place is fucking heaven. Not only does it have everything I need such as tons of free weights, multiple squat racks, bumper plates, a freaking deadlift platform with a deadlift jack so you can switch out plates much quicker. It has equipment I've never used before, like reverse hyperextension and belt squat machine. On top of all that, the gym is closer to my house, is month to month, no contracts, no initiation fee. I am fucking stoked.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7732 on: December 12, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
So I don't remember if I mentioned, but they closed down my awesome 24 hour fitness I've been going to for years for unspecified reasons. They transferred my membership to another 24, I walk in there and it's like a freaking LA Fitness. Packed to the gills and full of machines, only two squat racks, no bumper plates, etc.

Cancelled my membership immediately and joined a small old school powerlifting/bodybuilding gym. This place is fucking heaven. Not only does it have everything I need such as tons of free weights, multiple squat racks, bumper plates, a freaking deadlift platform with a deadlift jack so you can switch out plates much quicker. It has equipment I've never used before, like reverse hyperextension and belt squat machine. On top of all that, the gym is closer to my house, is month to month, no contracts, no initiation fee. I am fucking stoked.
There's one here in Houston that I want to join butit's neither near my work nor near my house.  It would take an hour to get to from either and there's just no way I could make that fly during the week.  I just go at work because at 7am it's empty, our old CEO was obsessed with fitness and thought he was hercules or some shit so it's full of decent equipment for lifting and it's only $15 a month plus I get paid to workout since I do it during work hours.  There's big windows that look into the gym though so it's not uncommon for someone on a conference to call to be like "Mupepe, I saw you in the gym today and you were picking up like 300 lbs!" and I just say "it was actually 420" all nonchalant
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 02:04:09 PM by Mupepe »

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7733 on: December 12, 2018, 03:13:35 PM »
Hope whatever transient stole my fat gripz saw some gainz.

Ordered cheap knock offs because I’m not paying $30 again.

No lie, in little as two weeks my grip has been much more secure on the deadlift

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #7734 on: December 12, 2018, 05:37:19 PM »
I’ve been thinking about getting fat gripz but assumed I’d need to lower the weight on my lifts since I assume it makes it more difficult?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7735 on: December 12, 2018, 06:11:24 PM »
I’ve been thinking about getting fat gripz but assumed I’d need to lower the weight on my lifts since I assume it makes it more difficult?

They definitely will. But I mainly use them for accessory lifts that compliment the main ines that involve handles that fit them. Two to three movements a session, I bust them out.

agrajag

« Reply #7736 on: December 13, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »
Well, the two weeks that I was forced to take off from the gym killed whatever measly strength gains I have made. I feel like I am starting from scratch again. Will be going every day and see how quick the muscle memory kicks in. In other news, went to the new gym for the first time today. It's really fantastic. There is so much equipment there, and I'm sure I haven't even discovered all of it. Even when it comes to machines, they have way more than most commercial gyms, but packed into a small space. They have cambered bars. Their benches are Rogue, which is a world of difference from the cheap benches in commercial gyms. There are some guys that go there that can move some serious weight, hopefully I'll absorb some of their gains through osmosis.

Tasty

« Reply #7737 on: December 13, 2018, 06:48:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

After 2 weeks of getting really loosey goosey on the diet including a day where I probably went 1000 calories over just in Butterfingers :mouf

Now I know why Laura Dern eventually said "Yes" in Wild At Heart.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #7738 on: December 17, 2018, 10:04:33 AM »
Fuck, I did 325lb farmer walks with straps for 30s walks. My mid to lower traps are fucking pumped right now

agrajag

« Reply #7739 on: December 17, 2018, 10:11:38 AM »
getting into the groove lifting again and the new gym. Doing training maxes every day now (something like bulgarian lite) until my strength comes back to what I was doing for rep work. Also the last day I went to my old gym before it closed, I left my lifting belt there and didn't realize till two weeks later. Went there to check two days ago and the entire place was ransacked. So everything is beltless for now.