Author Topic: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!  (Read 94381 times)

Bebpo

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1200 on: November 19, 2018, 12:10:23 PM »
The mobile game DD has a better cast list with IBO and Valvrave :(

kingv

Re: The Bore Mecha Gaming Thread: Gundam, Super Robot Wars, Armored Core and More!
« Reply #1201 on: November 19, 2018, 12:44:28 PM »
Yeah, Iíd pick up anything that is handheld tactical (and good)

I feel like the two go together well and itís a genre that does t get a ton of entries.

Bebpo

« Reply #1202 on: November 19, 2018, 06:35:43 PM »
SRW is like FE except not like FE. It's a tactics game but there's no real terrain or map and you can just walk straight into each other. It's almost more like chess in that way. You start with most of your moves locked out and the gameplay is more about building up your moves to unleash them on the enemies while tanking or dodging enemy attacks. There's also MP and lots of MP spells.

They're fun games, but they're also 75% visual novels that you play for the stories and fight animations. The gameplay is ok and some are better than others. They're also more fun portable, so Switch is nice. It's just too bad this lineup is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I mean I fucking love Cowboy Bebop, but that series does not belong in a SRW. Harlock is fine like Yamato and Nadia as just a big badass command ship, but Bebop tiny little planes lol. Only plus could be getting 1 good BGM out of it.

T looks like such a cash-in. Not one series with new animation in that trailer looks like it has the animation fluidity of Crossbone (V) or G-Reco (X) :(

And this just pushes back OG3 and the next real licensed SRW with IBO and all new-sprites another year back. /sigh

kingv

« Reply #1203 on: November 19, 2018, 10:49:05 PM »
That sounds sort of disappointing... but Iíll try one out if localized.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1204 on: November 20, 2018, 07:56:28 PM »

T is getting localized for Asia.  Will probably import. 
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1205 on: November 20, 2018, 09:57:23 PM »
They're comfort gaming games.

SRW is at its best when epic awesome shit is happening and vocal songs start playing and it's like HOT BLOODED PASSIOOOOON as you re-enact the super robo punches as they're thrown in game.
It's at its worst when it's another wave of 20 of the same grunts you've fought on a dozen maps before and then you fight the boss bad guy and get his health down and he runs away for the 7th time in the game.

The games are literally about fighting the same bosses over and over and over again until the end game last 10 maps where you actually start killing the bad guys or they join you instead. Aka, it's anime

Back in the day SRW were challenging skill-based tactical rpgs that required tight pre-planning before missions, use/abuse of strong units, good planning in missions, and a good chunk of luck. They were and in still cases still are the epitome of SAVE/RELOAD scumming on hit % chances. But now the games are so jokingly easy you can just use whatever units/characters you want and steamroll everything lol Pick you favorite mecha, upgrade them to be invincible and fuck everything up, the end.

« Reply #1206 on: November 30, 2018, 12:38:26 PM »
I played Gundam Extreme Versus 2 the other week at a Club Sega in Akihabara. I let my daughter choose the mobile suit I used in the first game. She picked Full Armor Unicorn and I got absolutely wrecked as I couldn't figure out how to use it. Then I chose Crossbone Gundam X-1 since I'm comfortable with it in previous games and still got wrecked. Maybe I should have used the PS4 controller option instead of the stick. In any event, the game is slick as hell and there are a ton of available MS units to choose from.

SRW OG Moon Dwellers, SRW X and SRW V have all been localized in English on the PS4 for Southeast Asia previously. SD Gundam G Generation Genesis, too.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1207 on: November 30, 2018, 12:43:45 PM »
SRW is at its best when epic awesome shit is happening and vocal songs start playing and it's like HOT BLOODED PASSIOOOOON as you re-enact the super robo punches as they're thrown in game.

Replace "SRW" with "Dragonball Fighterz" (using the anime soundtrack packs) and it's the same thing!
:heh
ど助平

« Reply #1208 on: November 30, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »
Oh yeah, Square Enix released a new arcade mecha combat game called StarWing Paradox while I was over there. Has character designs by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto. Never played it but watched some people trying it out.
野球

toku

• ❤❤❤
« Reply #1210 on: December 02, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
double post sorry i was just so excited for the hot machine violence bless up

TEEEPO

« Reply #1211 on: December 02, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »
dat alex iglesias art  :mouf

TEEEPO

« Reply #1212 on: December 02, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
also bless up to the king crab being the lead title mech

crab mechs are the best mechs

eleuin

« Reply #1213 on: December 16, 2018, 06:09:45 PM »

this came out anybody try it

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1214 on: December 24, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Gideon Zhi released a translation for Super Robot Wars Gaiden - Elemental Lords

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=srwg

Gideon Zhi released a translation for Super Robot Wars EX

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/4100/
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

« Reply #1216 on: December 28, 2018, 12:04:07 PM »
I picked up the Full Metal Panic SRPG for the PS4 with some Amazon cash, played a little bit it comes off as a cheap anime version of Front Mission made by the Super Robot Wars dev team.
野球

New Gundam game announcement on the 21st. Trailer debuts in the Gundam Battle Operation 2 lobby, so guessing it's gonna at least be on the PS4 and related to UC.
野球

Bebpo

Wonder if theyíll do a Gundam vs 2 at some point.

kingv

Mah Gundam Bael I built and painted... working on the weathering now.