Author Topic: Official 2010 Academy Awards thread of downward spiral into irrelevancy  (Read 21714 times)

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
Re: Official 2010 Academy Awards thread of downward spiral into irrelevancy
« Reply #360 on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:16 PM »
The Coens say lots of dubious shit about their own movies though.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2010, 02:27:02 AM »
not a prob when you back your dubious shit up with great movies/music/feats of athleticism/etc

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2010, 02:57:14 AM »
I really want to read the Book of Job to get all the reference the movies make.

My personal favorite part of the movie
spoiler (click to show/hide)
The neighbor's wife. This is why I love the Coens. They can seriously take an actor and make them amazing. Her face was brilliant to look at, and the "high" scene was exquisite. Out of all the movies that have portrayed a weed high visually, A Serious Man nailed it.
[close]
SRY

Green Shinobi

« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2010, 03:07:32 AM »
The Book of Job cliffnotes:

Job is wealthy and fucking righteous, God loves him.
Satan tells God to test Job by taking away all his possessions and good fortune.
God makes it so that all of Job's children die, all his livestock die, raiders steal his crops, he loses all his money, and he breaks out with a horrible skin disease.
Job's friends come by and offer their differing philosophies. One says that Job clearly has something to repent for. One says not to question God. Job ends up questioning God.
God comes out and offers a huge filibuster about how He created everything, so He can do whatever the fuck He wants.
Job repents for questioning God.
Job's good fortune returns, and he gets new children to replace the ones that died.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2010, 03:18:30 AM »
The Book of Job cliffnotes:

Job is wealthy and fucking righteous, God loves him.
Satan tells God to test Job by taking away all his possessions and good fortune.
God makes it so that all of Job's children die, all his livestock die, raiders steal his crops, he loses all his money, and he breaks out with a horrible skin disease.
Job's friends come by and offer their differing philosophies. One says that Job clearly has something to repent for. One says not to question God. Job ends up questioning God.
God comes out and offers a huge filibuster about how He created everything, so He can do whatever the fuck He wants.
Job repents for questioning God.
Job's good fortune returns, and he gets new children to replace the ones that died.

Is this
spoiler (click to show/hide)
the tornado?
[close]
SRY