Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3053422 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #18780 on: November 10, 2017, 08:50:42 AM »
Hitman is methodical and systems driven, but otherwise doesn't have much in common with 'immersive sims'. I've only played Blood Money (great) and Absolution (shit), but I couldn't actually tell you much about the story, besides that it is not to be taken seriously. Writing wise, everything is in aid of your mission. No world-building that I can remember, just giving you hints and reasons to feel good about killing your targets, who are all monstrous people.

Svejk

« Reply #18781 on: November 10, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
Sonuvabitch...  It just dawned upon me that the next Dragon's Dogma announcement will be a Dark Arisen Switch port.... not DD2....  man, that would piss me right off... 
 Come on, Capcom... just go ahead and get it over with and milk that shit!  Get it out of your system and just get it over with and move on!!!  Just do it!

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #18782 on: November 10, 2017, 11:38:21 AM »
EA already has a Call of Duty competitor, it's the Battlefield franchise.

Incorrect, that's a Sandbox shooter no matter how much EA tries to make it otherwise.

Pilot vs Pilot is basically CoD already. Just remove the mechs and sci-fi, do modern guns with maybe the wallrun staying (but the CoD base hated that) and there you go: EA's CoD from the former CoD team. :doge

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18783 on: November 10, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »
I don't think there's any way to make TF sell the numbers EA would want it to. Mechs are not mainstream enough.

Oh yeah, so Respawn will make the every other year BF game  :-\

It's funny you say this because something that started late TF1 life cycle, and got even more popular in TF2 was the straight PvP modes.

A decent part of the population really really really like the straight pilot v pilot combat.

I 100% would not be surprised if TF3 mp marketing push focused more on PvP and titan stuff got sidelined a bit. Kinda like a Halo big team battle vs other modes situation. Are you a scrub or just want to play something easy at the end of your day? Play Attrition! You in try hard mode? Here's PvP!

EDIT: lol thisismyusername kinda beat me to it

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #18784 on: November 10, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »

Incorrect, that's a Sandbox shooter no matter how much EA tries to make it otherwise.

No, that was correct. EA actively positions Battlefield against CoD and both exist within the FPS genre. They are clearly competitors since they engage the same audience. When you’re positioning products in the market you tend to watch out for broad strokes in product and marketing. Sub genres, while different typically don’t exclude each other’s audiences. Lastly EA considers it a competitor internally and Activision treats it as such, pretty open and shut.

Titanfall was originally positioned as a CoD competitor too but we know how well that went lol.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I am looking forward to your next disagreement. :shh
[close]
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:54:44 PM by a slime appears »

thisismyusername

« Reply #18785 on: November 10, 2017, 08:49:46 PM »

No, that was correct. EA actively positions Battlefield against CoD and both exist within the FPS genre. They are clearly competitors since they engage the same audience. When you’re positioning products in the market you tend to watch out for broad strokes in product and marketing. Sub genres, while different typically don’t exclude each other’s audiences. Lastly EA considers it a competitor internally and Activision treats it as such, pretty open and shut.

Titanfall was originally positioned as a CoD competitor too but we know how well that went lol.

[close]

Again: Incorrect. As much as EA (and your argument) tries to make it otherwise (see: DICE-LA's attempt to try to make BF "competitive" for eSport money) the community has spoken: They don't give a damn about the competitive/Call of Duty audience and would rather play the Sandbox modes.

Ergo: WRONG.

Titanfall is Call of Duty. Quick TTK, gunplay being lasers, etc. The only difference is the wall-run (which CoD/Activision copied), and the mechs (which they didn't). That's it. If you play it pilot vs pilot with no mechs enabled, you'd probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if someone put CoD guns in it.

And it being Origin only is what doomed it on PC hardcore.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18786 on: November 10, 2017, 09:26:31 PM »
RIP Bad Company 2
RIP EA on Steam

Bebpo

« Reply #18787 on: November 10, 2017, 09:30:15 PM »
Bad Company 2, still the only Battlefield game I've ever played. The humor was fun.

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #18788 on: November 10, 2017, 10:20:40 PM »

[close]

Again: Incorrect. As much as EA (and your argument) tries to make it otherwise (see: DICE-LA's attempt to try to make BF "competitive" for eSport money) the community has spoken: They don't give a damn about the competitive/Call of Duty audience and would rather play the Sandbox modes.

Ergo: WRONG.

Titanfall is Call of Duty. Quick TTK, gunplay being lasers, etc. The only difference is the wall-run (which CoD/Activision copied), and the mechs (which they didn't). That's it. If you play it pilot vs pilot with no mechs enabled, you'd probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference if someone put CoD guns in it.

And it being Origin only is what doomed it on PC hardcore.

I thought I was being nice in giving you a thoughtful reply based on actual facts. Lesson learned for next time.

Your opinion is very nice though. I’m glad you’re passionate.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #18789 on: November 11, 2017, 03:46:01 AM »
Bad Company 2, still the only Battlefield game I've ever played. The humor was fun.
Are you interested in my script for a film adaption, Will Smith says "they treat us like we're some kind of...bad company."

I actually liked that campaign's "world-hopping" design more than, well, most of em. Coming down the hill in the blizzard was just fantastic stuff. As was the semi-open desert setpiece even if you only got to explore the ship graveyard in cutscenes (or multiplayer map). The best part arguably is that it's not "world-hopping" despite the varied environments it's all set around the Peru/Belize/Chile borders which actually offer those varied environments (jungle/desert/snow mountains/beach) all within believable "campaign time" distance of each other. Something I think the Ghost Recon team was trying to do by setting Wildlands in roughly the same location.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #18790 on: November 11, 2017, 09:53:24 AM »
If you happen to have Battlefront II on Origin Access, be careful because the game seems to be crashing when it launches. At least for me. I've only managed to get it to work once but every other time it just launches and immediately crashes. Tried a bunch of stuff to get it to work but it just isn't.
nat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18791 on: November 11, 2017, 08:15:55 PM »
Are you interested in my script for a film adaption, Will Smith says "they treat us like we're some kind of...bad company."

I actually liked that campaign's "world-hopping" design more than, well, most of em. Coming down the hill in the blizzard was just fantastic stuff. As was the semi-open desert setpiece even if you only got to explore the ship graveyard in cutscenes (or multiplayer map). The best part arguably is that it's not "world-hopping" despite the varied environments it's all set around the Peru/Belize/Chile borders which actually offer those varied environments (jungle/desert/snow mountains/beach) all within believable "campaign time" distance of each other. Something I think the Ghost Recon team was trying to do by setting Wildlands in roughly the same location.

still wild to me how EA let so much of that talent slip away. IIRC most of the BC guys, from writers to gunplay designers left almost right after. A bunch of them ended up working on Payday 2 and later their own studio/s. Some might be at MachineGames(Wolfenstein) too

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #18792 on: November 11, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »
fuck whoever wrote that. don't play with my heart by teasing  devil may cry 5.
pcp

etiolate

« Reply #18793 on: November 11, 2017, 11:35:42 PM »
why is Uplay still such trash

it's a vidya game cockblocker

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #18794 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:51 PM »
like that he posted that in kappa of all places

twewy 2 though, please be real...

sinxtanx

« Reply #18795 on: November 12, 2017, 07:42:57 AM »
an Internet rumormonger managed to keep their rumors to companies all from one country

I'm impressed

usually it's omniscient god-insight of all video game developers worldwide
this guy keeps it low-key with merely omniscient god-insight of video game developers in Japan

paprikastaude

« Reply #18796 on: November 12, 2017, 08:37:07 AM »
This checks about every fake rumour trope.

benjipwns

« Reply #18797 on: November 12, 2017, 09:20:26 AM »
Metroid Prime 4 should have something revealed with some in-game footage early next year from what I've heard.
FAKE NEWS

benjipwns

« Reply #18798 on: November 12, 2017, 09:25:17 AM »
I'm losing my shit over DMC 5 news right now. We've heard nothing about it and NOW we got something!! And about SFV: AE news, while I'm REALLY hyped up for SODOM (a personal favorite who's literally the only Alpha character that didn't return), I don't think they can give us 4 characters for free at launch. Considering their budget I don't find it probable to put that amount of characters for free. There must be something. Does this really mean that they can release free characters just like they did for SF4's "updates"? I don't think so. But I REALLY wanna believe it because I wanna see those characters. And lastly, my god I've been waiting for RE2 Remake for a really long time now. I hope they release some info on it at PSX. I wanna see that it is real and well. I'M SO HYPED NOW JAPANESE GAMING COMPANIES FUCK ME UP

benjipwns

« Reply #18799 on: November 12, 2017, 09:31:27 AM »
Resident Evil 2 Remake:
It is a third-person game.
i've heard from my sources that if a RE3 or RE:CV Remake is ever made they will too be third person games

also if this was an actual game i would pay real money to have a button like the Halo collection that i could press and it'd switch to N64 version textures and character models :lawd

they can break the online play like Halo too if that's what's needed for such amazing technology

paprikastaude

« Reply #18800 on: November 12, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
I sometimes wonder whether I should try making a fake reddit rumour, backing it with a few safe-bet claims beforehand. I could sell the same educated guesses, maybe more subtle. But then I thihk what do these people even get out of this? I'm not exactly using my time wisely, but not even the worst kind of boredom justifies putting effort into this kind of shit. I guess it gets you reddit upvotes?

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18801 on: November 12, 2017, 10:58:52 AM »

« Reply #18802 on: November 12, 2017, 06:34:45 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/7c9n8i/leakileaks/

This guy dropped a bunch of rumors and people are freaking out about it. Most of it sounds too good to be true except for DBFZ because that sounds shitty and expected. What little details there are sound like a lot of expected speculation from other people. Take it with a grain of salt but I thought it was fun enough to post.

Mother 3 is real. According to my source, it was completely localized and playable. The sad thing that I've heard is that it is being held back for some reason, which all I know has something to do with not knowing which month to release it in.
According to one of my sources, they claim that Square Enix is doing The World Ends With You 2 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

I'm gonna be so mad when this inevitably turns out to be fake

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #18803 on: November 12, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »
Man, people are really flipping the fuck out over the Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot crate fuckery, haha. I don't really blame them, it's some blatantly slimy shit for sure. People know when they're taking a $60 dicking on what is essentially a free to play microtransaction system. I think there's an easy fix which would go a long way towards dousing the rage fire, but EA'll never do it: Drop the price of the game to $19.99, issue loot crate credit vouchers to those who pre-ordered at full price.
sup

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #18804 on: November 12, 2017, 09:43:26 PM »
- justifies putting effort into this kind of shit.
- I guess it gets you reddit upvotes?

Lol choose one

Bebpo

« Reply #18805 on: November 13, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
I want to grab a quick pick up and play USA 3ds game for a flight. Which is the best:

1) Kirby Planetrobobo - has robots + kirby, sounds good
2) Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d - good platformer, but 30fps
3) Super Mario Maker 3ds - 100 Nintendo-made Mario levels, but Switch version probably coming w/that and more

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18806 on: November 13, 2017, 01:21:22 PM »
Of those three, Kirby is my favorite. DKC is solid too though, great game. Haven't played Mario Maker for 3DS but the Wii U one is great.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18807 on: November 13, 2017, 02:20:14 PM »
I thought Triple Deluxe was better
fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #18808 on: November 13, 2017, 05:08:56 PM »
Never got to that one but it did look good. Should probably circle back around to it at some point.

Fifstar

« Reply #18809 on: November 13, 2017, 05:26:12 PM »
Cant recommend donkey Kong country. 30 FPS feels bad and The screen often feels too small especially when the camera zooms Out.
Gulp

Bebpo

« Reply #18810 on: November 13, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
Kirby it is then! Will wait and see if any Black Friday sale has it on sale.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #18811 on: November 13, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »
an Internet rumormonger managed to keep their rumors to companies all from one country

I'm impressed

usually it's omniscient god-insight of all video game developers worldwide
this guy keeps it low-key with merely omniscient god-insight of video game developers in Japan

To be fair, there's not much surprise when it comes to western AAA devs...
Halo 6 is coming, a new COD is coming, a new Assassin's Creed is coming... and they'll all have loot box microtransactions :P
^_^

« Reply #18812 on: November 13, 2017, 10:36:38 PM »
Triple Deluxe is indeed the better kirby game. Robobutt feels like a lazy rushjob that only exists because it reuses 60% of TD as a base.

Bebpo

« Reply #18813 on: November 13, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »
I think I played triple deluxe? Or maybe not. I think that was Superstar Saga (or am I making up a game?). Which was a remake of the SNES game? I played that one. I have a love/hate relationship with normal Kirby. It's cute and fun but no difficulty and kinda boring. I still enjoy them though.

benjipwns

« Reply #18814 on: November 13, 2017, 11:22:39 PM »
Super Star was the SNES game, redone as Super Star Ultra on DS.

Superstar Saga is the first Mario & Luigi RPG. For GBA.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18815 on: November 13, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »
too much story and talking

thisismyusername

« Reply #18816 on: November 14, 2017, 12:56:33 AM »
Did Hearts of Stone, since folks said to do it after
the assault on Kaer Morhen
[close]
. Finished it up tonight. It's a solid expansion but I called the main antagonist within like five minutes of the opening scenes (when you're jailed). The only hard part was the fucking boss after you break out of jail. Especially on Deathmarch!

I got the "Good" ending, despite not really taking the rose off the painting. Not sure that's really a good ending.

She's basically still dead and wishes for him to join her. I didn't tell him that, I said she wanted to be close to him. He basically is going to join his gang of bandits and do shit instead of going to break the curse that traps her in his crumbling mansion because I didn't do it (despite the cat and dog saying to do it and free them) because she desired him and I felt it'd be cruel to make her go without seeing him "free"'d from the wishes.
[close]

Beezy

« Reply #18817 on: November 14, 2017, 05:34:00 AM »

Just found out about this kickstarter game and it looks super dope. Like a more character action version of Nier Automata.

Looks good, but western action games... :/

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18818 on: November 14, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »

« Reply #18819 on: November 14, 2017, 11:22:22 AM »
I think I played triple deluxe? Or maybe not. I think that was Superstar Saga (or am I making up a game?). Which was a remake of the SNES game? I played that one. I have a love/hate relationship with normal Kirby. It's cute and fun but no difficulty and kinda boring. I still enjoy them though.

Yeah, that's Super Star Ultra, the remake of the snes game on the DS. That game was always easy even by Kirby standards, its just fun cuz of the 12 micro games gimmick.

Triple Deluxe is the 1st 3DS game. My personal favorite and has some kick to it in the later half of the game / its hard mode.

Robobot is practically the same game as TD but with a robotic theme to all of its worlds (which makes it feel kinda stale), a locked power behind amiibo and the dumb robot which is cool on paper but slows down an already slow game and sinks any potential challenge down the toilet cuz you'll never die using it.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18820 on: November 14, 2017, 11:43:12 AM »
Xbox Gifting is live for everyone. Gamertag is demi and I love free games

https://twitter.com/XboxQwik/status/930293450926206976

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:54:19 AM by demi »
fat

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #18821 on: November 14, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »
You got the demi gamertag?  How, you buy it?

Unrelated, anyone cop ELEX?  How is it?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:45:23 PM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

desert punk

• ENDUT! HOCH HECH!
« Reply #18822 on: November 14, 2017, 06:03:58 PM »

Just found out about this kickstarter game and it looks super dope. Like a more character action version of Nier Automata.

That looks really nice :leon

Story seems corny tho, and man was the voice acting bad.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #18823 on: November 14, 2017, 06:29:42 PM »
Man, people are really flipping the fuck out over the Star Wars Battlefront 2 loot crate fuckery, haha. I don't really blame them, it's some blatantly slimy shit for sure. People know when they're taking a $60 dicking on what is essentially a free to play microtransaction system. I think there's an easy fix which would go a long way towards dousing the rage fire, but EA'll never do it: Drop the price of the game to $19.99, issue loot crate credit vouchers to those who pre-ordered at full price.

That'd curb it, for sure. Probably easier to even make it $29.99 for a better margin and perceived value, include a locked set of Heroes with that new-purchase voucher you mentioned, and also offer it as $19.99 DLC so people who buy it used can feel like they've had their way with EA, gotten a $10 discount over the $60 price.

There are a number of models to play with but, yeah, charging $60 (or $80 for a special edition) and then expecting people will shell out still more is hubris.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18824 on: November 14, 2017, 10:08:15 PM »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #18825 on: November 16, 2017, 10:02:49 AM »
Been slowly amassing a collection of PC-FX games, although I haven't jumped on buying the actual console yet. Can't wait to try that weird fmv Tengai Makyou fighting game.
^_^

thisismyusername

« Reply #18826 on: November 17, 2017, 12:01:55 AM »
"Except for me and you (Philippa) and Ciri, Geralt has slept with every woman on this ship."

"With you, it's only a matter of time."

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18827 on: November 17, 2017, 06:27:34 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18828 on: November 18, 2017, 03:14:09 PM »

thisismyusername

« Reply #18829 on: November 18, 2017, 04:23:32 PM »

(Just imagine "Walk the Path"/Deathmarch unlocked after that one. I dunno why it went backwards.)

Easily one of the better games to come out of 2015. Especially if you read the novels. It totally feels like a conclusion for Geralt AND Ciri's storyline from the books. I just got Blood and Wine to do, but I'm going to crank the difficulty down from Death March! to blow through that. :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #18830 on: November 19, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18831 on: November 19, 2017, 10:12:18 PM »
Valkyria Chronicles 4 RIP PC

fat

Bebpo

« Reply #18832 on: November 19, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »
WHAT

Bebpo

« Reply #18833 on: November 19, 2017, 10:17:28 PM »
Please be legit good like 1&3!

paprikastaude

« Reply #18834 on: November 19, 2017, 10:18:57 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't give a damn about PC myself, but didn't VC have its most successful port on there?

benjipwns

« Reply #18835 on: November 19, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »

oh my god at first and third

phone thing is best thing ever put in tactical fps

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #18836 on: November 19, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »

about to bust the fattest nut

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18837 on: November 19, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't give a damn about PC myself, but didn't VC have its most successful port on there?

About a million people own it on Steam, though it's been heavily discounted a number of times.
dog

thisismyusername

« Reply #18838 on: November 19, 2017, 11:49:46 PM »

Are they actually bringing it over or is it RIP NORTH AMERICA?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #18839 on: November 20, 2017, 12:00:58 AM »
It says Xbox One, Japan is just flocking to Xbox One right now
fat