Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3055460 times)

Rahxephon91

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #22260 on: August 19, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »
Death Stranding looks like trash.

paprikastaude

« Reply #22261 on: August 19, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »
This is why MGS5 is actually the best Kojima game by a mile. :trumps i.e. cut all the dumb story shit his fans (and his ego) grave and focus on letting me sneak through Soviet Russia as fake Kurt Russel without any bs.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22262 on: August 19, 2019, 04:52:58 PM »
Geoff Standing
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #22263 on: August 19, 2019, 06:25:46 PM »
Kojima's gameplay has always been on point. Cutscene direction pretty good. Easter eggs & attention to detail fantastic.
It's just his writing isn't so good after his co-writer left post-MGS3.

I'm expecting a dumb stupid entertaining story game that hopefully has A+ gameplay and is very replayable with tons of cool stuff to discover.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #22264 on: August 19, 2019, 06:35:34 PM »
Hi

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22265 on: August 19, 2019, 07:42:54 PM »
Kojima's gameplay has always been on point. Cutscene direction pretty good. Easter eggs & attention to detail fantastic.

I'm expecting a dumb stupid entertaining story game that hopefully has A+ gameplay and is very replayable with tons of cool stuff to discover.
True, but it is kinda strange that there has been a gameplay reveal about three times now and we still haven't seen any coherent gameplay.
Just bits and pieces of 'stuff' in a big empty world with nothing and vague descriptions of what you actually do in the game.

With MGS he always made sure there was a great gameplay loop in place to support the other entertaining military/sci-fi nonsense and the games had clear goals.
About 2 months before it goes gold and Death Stranding still looks like a concept video.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #22266 on: August 19, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
Kojima... Broken from the Konami shackles after however many years...  Shit's gonna be amazing.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
And yes... I'm justifying the shit outta my pre-order.
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22268 on: August 19, 2019, 08:22:13 PM »
ghost milk for a deadalive invisible baby :mouf

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #22269 on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:17 PM »
Got boob rubs but we don’t even get to see Norman’s reedus, foh Kojima.
©@©™

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22270 on: August 19, 2019, 09:01:14 PM »
I don't think Kojima has made a good game since MGS3. 4 was shit. PW was well....I'm not Japanese or into Monster Hunter so pretty meh. 5 was just crap. Good gameplay sandwiched between a bad open world structure and a nonexistent, but still pointless story.

I have no reason to excited about Death Stranding when everything it shows just looks like complete nonsense. He's drinking his own coolaid now but without MGS's homages and humor to bring some balance.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22271 on: August 19, 2019, 09:09:00 PM »
i think it'll be entertaining one way or another

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #22272 on: August 20, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #22273 on: August 20, 2019, 02:46:22 AM »

Good luck Tommy. I want to be a believer. Been following this project somewhat closely every 6 months or so. Not sure if there truly is a place for it on the market, but I'm down with the effort. Really, next year I'm gonna need to see some real hands on gameplay to truly wrap my head around this new system.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #22274 on: August 20, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »
Cyberpunk dev blog talking about a dark future with mega corps, taking google money cannot wait for the hot take to come out. :curious

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #22275 on: August 20, 2019, 09:13:07 AM »
Good luck Tommy. I want to be a believer. Been following this project somewhat closely every 6 months or so. Not sure if there truly is a place for it on the market, but I'm down with the effort. Really, next year I'm gonna need to see some real hands on gameplay to truly wrap my head around this new system.

This trailer was awful until they started showing the games, but I am definitely not their target. Games actually showed some appeal, but they are regurgitating the wii for boomers, blue ocean BS and all. The thing is they are kind of ignoring the switch, it already has tons of little mini BS games for like $1-2, portability, AAA ninty content, and the controller looks less complex than what this thing comes with.

The exclusivity thing probably isn't the worst idea in the world, I mean it's worth a shot I guess? With how niche this thing is I don't see it working out. Positioning it so far out into holiday 2020 makes it pretty obvious they are aware they will have one shot at the market...yeah good luck with that. Not sure if they are treating this as an actual system (with future support/a store) or basically a mini/self-contained thing. Either way likely fire sale a few months later...maybe they will be able to make some of the investment back dumping all the exclusives they are crafting onto mobile stores.  :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22276 on: August 20, 2019, 10:02:01 AM »
Guys whats some cool shit to buy games wise

Not gonna buy a ps4 or xbox i e
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22277 on: August 20, 2019, 10:19:16 AM »
Guys whats some cool shit to buy games wise

Not gonna buy a ps4 or xbox i e

More original Game Boy games! Start with Gargoyles Quest, Great Greed, Bubble Ghost.
^_^

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22278 on: August 20, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
Yea I still need Gargoyles Quest, never played it but I like the music.

Also, is a PSVita even worth buying? Same goes for WiiU.. Or a 3ds, missed out on that but might want to replay oot 3d
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22279 on: August 20, 2019, 10:44:42 AM »
Wii U is just ok but the most easily hackable of those three if you care about that. The only real solid Wii U exclusive is Mario Maker imo cause most of the good shit is on Switch. Oh and Wind Waker HD is cool.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22280 on: August 20, 2019, 10:58:52 AM »
Yeah I guess with my pc upgrade I can just emulate those games, botw runs close to a solid 60 in towns now for me (zomg).

PsVita isn't easy to hack? Meh might not buy anything except a new gaming mouse because mine from china is just getting a mind of its own moving the cursor when it's completely still.
What

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #22281 on: August 20, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »
Yeah I guess with my pc upgrade I can just emulate those games, botw runs close to a solid 60 in towns now for me (zomg).

PsVita isn't easy to hack? Meh might not buy anything except a new gaming mouse because mine from china is just getting a mind of its own moving the cursor when it's completely still.

Been looking at a new mouse myself, this one seems pretty good from reviews Corsair nightsword rgb, lots of buttons so good for moba and fps

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22282 on: August 20, 2019, 12:17:50 PM »
I love my Logitech G502, served me well for years now. Looks about the same as that one above heh

PsVita isn't easy to hack?
i'm actually not sure these days, last i heard you needed a specific firmware on it. wii u is just easy cause the hack works best with the newest firmware so you can get any console out there and hack it.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #22283 on: August 20, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »
Yea I still need Gargoyles Quest, never played it but I like the music.

Also, is a PSVita even worth buying? Same goes for WiiU.. Or a 3ds, missed out on that but might want to replay oot 3d

Vita - Depends, how tolerant are you of the :uguu ?

3DS - Definitely worth it, though truthfully I haven't really explored its library very much. Lots of quality RPGs and quality Nintendo games, but seems to be lacking in the completely-out-there games that the original DS had.
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22284 on: August 20, 2019, 12:52:08 PM »
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22285 on: August 20, 2019, 01:11:36 PM »
Picked this one up!

only 25 bucks
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22286 on: August 20, 2019, 01:19:44 PM »
Coolermaster is trash, hopefully it stays working longer than a month.
For a budget mouse a Logitech could do the trick.

YouTube reviews for this sort of thing are nigh useless because it won't tell you anything about durability and such.
The Tubers get their gear free and all they do is try it out to see if it works, slap at least 4 stars on it so they get paid and never touch it again.
🤴

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22287 on: August 20, 2019, 01:23:50 PM »
love my coolermaster kb. it's surprisingly hard to find a good mechanical kb without a million leds on it

Chooky

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22289 on: August 20, 2019, 02:19:18 PM »
Coolermaster is trash, hopefully it stays working longer than a month.
For a budget mouse a Logitech could do the trick.

YouTube reviews for this sort of thing are nigh useless because it won't tell you anything about durability and such.
The Tubers get their gear free and all they do is try it out to see if it works, slap at least 4 stars on it so they get paid and never touch it again.
https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Ambidextrous-Optical-Illumination/dp/B07D9B2DTL#customerReviews
What

Nuitangg

« Reply #22290 on: August 20, 2019, 05:15:36 PM »
Anyone build with the new Ryzen cpus?  Was it painless?  I went with an MSI B450 and the Reddit threads are making me nervous.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #22291 on: August 20, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »

Ghoul

« Reply #22292 on: August 20, 2019, 07:04:01 PM »
my case and AIO Watercooler are Cooler Master I have a lot of RGB.

Anyone build with the new Ryzen cpus?  Was it painless?  I went with an MSI B450 and the Reddit threads are making me nervous.

Yeah man using a 2600x in that motherboard, it's fine,
if you need a hand with anything drop me a dm. Reddit are full of shit as per usual.

The board is fine, it had issues when it first launched but now it's a really good one and also compatible with Ryzen 3. Gonna upgrade to a Ryzen 3 soon though!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:08:14 PM by Ghoul »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22293 on: August 20, 2019, 07:19:51 PM »
i got a 3600 in a msi b450 tomahawk, having no problem with it. bought on launch day and installed a couple days later. just updated the bios via a usb drive, made sure to get a board capable of that so i didn't need a loaner cpu. supposedly b450s shipping out now are pre-updated for 3000 series, it'll have a sticker on the box saying that if so.

the new chipset drivers seem fine as well. i had a problem with bluescreens when they first dropped but i believe it was an nvidia issue because their last driver release solved the problem.

bluemax

« Reply #22294 on: August 20, 2019, 11:28:03 PM »

I'm willing to bet the reason the gameplay is good in any MGS game has nothing to do with Kojima. The dude wants to write bad movies. The irony being that he'd be laughed out of Hollywood with this nonsense. It's no wonder he loves Refn so much.
NO

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #22295 on: August 21, 2019, 02:27:03 AM »
Forgot there was a Yakuza thread :brain

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22296 on: August 21, 2019, 03:23:23 AM »
I wouldn't take that bet.

From MG1 through Snatcher up until MGS3, the man has directed or been involved with really good games. Games with good gameplay and really cool and inventive senerios and ideas. Plenty of moments that use games in cool ways.

My take on Kojima and as someone who has grown up with MGS games, is that the guy was a talented "otaku". He made games that were heavily inspired by the things he liked and was interested in. He was the nerd the made good. He liked movies like Blade Runner and Escape From New York and loved to read Neromancer and about the internet. So he made cool things that yeah were goofy, but no more goofy are less worthwhile then a nerd writing American Comic books while being inspired by Aliens. And his things did well and were well received. He kept on getting more praise and fans and whatnot. He started to believe now he was among the people that inspired him. And you know what, Death Stranding is the conclusion of that. It's the result of the fan finally making his magnum opus after years of smelling his own farts.

Or yknow thats the feeling I get from this game.

I think it would be dumb to say Kojima is'nt talented. He is and he must be a good game director. He's lead several AAA games to technical, critical, and financial success. But Death Stranding just looks like the project of someone trying to go bigger then thier means. I love Metal Gear Solid, Snatcher, Zone of the Enders, whatever. I loved the personality that Kojima games had. But a lot of that detail and personality comes from someone creating they love as a fan. Kojima loves 80s action movies so he made one. He loves giant robot anime, so he was involved in one. He loves Blade Runner so he made Blade Runner. MGS3 up till 4 honestly feels like homages to everything a nerd of his age would like. Sure it's it's own spin, but at the end of the day...it's easy to see where the inspirations are.

MGS5 to me is Kojima saying "fuck that corny shit" I'm a real artist now. And it dosen't work. It lacks any of the feeling and personality of MGS.

Death Stranding is giving me that feeling. "Fuck I'm an artist and I can do whatever the fuck I want. Here are my artist friends to validate me. Here is the budget and creative control Sony has given me to validate me".

I mean I'm going to check it out obviously. I don't want to go in with a bias. I just think the game looks like nonsense and not in a cool mysterious way.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:13:51 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22297 on: August 21, 2019, 06:20:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1164118854357753856

He's going to show a trailer to a limited audience so they understand what the game is about  :thinking
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #22298 on: August 21, 2019, 09:49:16 AM »
👍🌈🦀🐟🐋🐬☔️💀👶🤩
©@©™

Ghoul

« Reply #22299 on: August 21, 2019, 09:52:08 AM »
no 🍆 no GOTY

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #22300 on: August 21, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »
Damn so I bought the K68 Cherry MX RGB Keyboard the other day, but I found the keys wayy too sensitive. When I was playing PUBG and resting my hand on WASD, I would randomly strafe left or right.

I made trade it in and order a Brown switched Corsair keyboard like a K70MK2 or K95

-_- damn wish I knew that beforehand
What

Bebpo

« Reply #22301 on: August 21, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
I feel like I'm the only person that was addicted as hell and played the shit out of MGSV and think it's a great game if you don't give a shit about the plot (ch.1 plot is ok I guess, ch.2 though...). Yeah it's repetitive, but a lot of those missions are great and listening to 80s jams while sneaking through towns and bases is awesome. It's definitely got its own gameplay issues with the amount of repetition, but the varied choices for approaches and great visuals/audio is super cool. That first time you fight the metal gear is pretty dope.

I was very disappointed with ch.2 which is just straight up unfinished, but ch.1 is great and Ground Zeroes was amazing. Ground Zeroes on its own is probably the best game Kojima has made since MGS3. The base gameplay and missions are absolutely fantastic and the cutscenes and stuff were top-notch. I think he works better when on a smaller scope.

Also Peace Walker had pretty great gameplay and you just ignore the dumb story. Great boss fights there too. 4p co-op missions were fun af.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22302 on: August 21, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
nah i played V completely through on Xbone and PC. top 3 mgs game for sure, really had a great time with it.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22303 on: August 21, 2019, 11:53:05 AM »
I feel like I'm the only person that was addicted as hell and played the shit out of MGSV and think it's a great game if you don't give a shit about the plot (ch.1 plot is ok I guess, ch.2 though...). Yeah it's repetitive, but a lot of those missions are great and listening to 80s jams while sneaking through towns and bases is awesome. It's definitely got its own gameplay issues with the amount of repetition, but the varied choices for approaches and great visuals/audio is super cool. That first time you fight the metal gear is pretty dope.

I was very disappointed with ch.2 which is just straight up unfinished, but ch.1 is great and Ground Zeroes was amazing. Ground Zeroes on its own is probably the best game Kojima has made since MGS3. The base gameplay and missions are absolutely fantastic and the cutscenes and stuff were top-notch. I think he works better when on a smaller scope.

Also Peace Walker had pretty great gameplay and you just ignore the dumb story. Great boss fights there too. 4p co-op missions were fun af.

:respect

I am also one of these weirdos who don't think MGS3 is all that great.

MGS > MGS 2(these two are basically inerchangable though) > MGS V >> MGS 3 >>>>>>>>> MGS 4 :hmph

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22304 on: August 21, 2019, 11:53:58 AM »
4>2>V>GZ>1=3

PO and PW and whatever else was portable was all dreck except for the Acid games, which were fantastic.

BisMarckie

« Reply #22305 on: August 21, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »
I don't think I have ever finished the portable games. Closest I have gotten was that MGS game for Game Boy Color. That was alright I guess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22306 on: August 21, 2019, 11:56:40 AM »
MGSV was incredible. In terms of gameplay it is the best MGS game and despite the story having some issues I found some character arcs and subplots rather good.

LIKE A REBEL YELL
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #22307 on: August 21, 2019, 11:57:56 AM »
MGS V with some mods and without reflex mode  is one of the greatest games ever. :aah

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22308 on: August 21, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »
Driving Russian tanks :nope
Stealing Russian tanks with balloons :ohyeah

I stripped the Soviet Union of its ordinance and defeated communism  :ussrcry
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22309 on: August 21, 2019, 01:30:38 PM »
MGSV was terrible. Who cares if the gameplay is good if nothing interesting surrounds it? The game felt like glorified vr missions. When you take away cool boss battles, crafted situations, pacing, and story from MGS1/2 you’d just have vr missions. Fun for a bit, but nothing I’d really want to play all of.

That’s what MGSV is. It lacks pretty much anything that MGS use to excel at. Missions become so repetitive and a slog with nothing that spices them up. Lacking any neat MGS moments. There’s nothing memorable about them. No good boss battles which use to be a cornerstone of the series. All in a open world package that does nothing but feel like busy work and emulates the copy and paste feel in level and mission design that the genre suffers from. Also it’s a sequel to the worse playing MGS, PW which is an awful game.

V sucks.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22310 on: August 21, 2019, 01:32:28 PM »
It didn't even let me shoot the african children in the face. What a piece of crap.

paprikastaude

« Reply #22311 on: August 21, 2019, 01:36:30 PM »
If only MGS5 could have sacrificed GOAT gameplay for what's real important: slogging through hamfisted, endless radio drama and watching 30 minute cutscenes featuring some dude who keeps a turd in his pants.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #22312 on: August 21, 2019, 01:39:18 PM »
Death Stranding will be my GOTY if it lets me shake the baby to death. And it rewards me with a trophy.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22313 on: August 21, 2019, 01:45:41 PM »
MGSV was terrible. Who cares if the gameplay is good if nothing interesting surrounds it? The game felt like glorified vr missions. When you take away cool boss battles, crafted situations, pacing, and story from MGS1/2 you’d just have vr missions. Fun for a bit, but nothing I’d really want to play all of.

That’s what MGSV is. It lacks pretty much anything that MGS use to excel at. Missions become so repetitive and a slog with nothing that spices them up. Lacking any neat MGS moments. There’s nothing memorable about them. No good boss battles which use to be a cornerstone of the series. All in a open world package that does nothing but feel like busy work and emulates the copy and paste feel in level and mission design that the genre suffers from. Also it’s a sequel to the worse playing MGS, PW which is an awful game.

V sucks.
I thought that outside of Code Talker and half of it on tapes the story wasn't that bad.
The missions were quite varied as well compared to most other open world games that came before it.
You had to kidnap dudes, kill dudes, find equipment, track convoys etc. etc. and most of the missions had multiple objectives which were timed or changed with actions you took.
All the main missions were interesting and it was amazing how they had integrated some great level design in caves, military outposts and bases into such a large map.

The only thing I felt was missing were some random events and a better use for the vehicles but other than that it was great.
For an open world game the AI was also decent.
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22314 on: August 21, 2019, 01:47:45 PM »
Death Stranding will be my GOTY if it lets me shake the baby to death. And it rewards me with a trophy.

dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22315 on: August 21, 2019, 01:52:34 PM »
Or been like MGS3 and have cool boss battles, memorable set pecies that don’t feel like copy and pasted missions, cool environments and progression that feels like your actually trekking through a world, expand on survival mechanics, expand on effecting the environment/enemy ai, and actually have a decent story that doesn’t get in the way.

Instead it was a shitty open world game where the character controls well. Oh boy!

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #22316 on: August 21, 2019, 01:55:39 PM »
With open world game design, you can't have it all.

Red Dead Redemption 2 arguably is the antithesis of MGS V and vice versa. RDR2 tells a 100 hour story using the open world to the story, and characters' benefit. RDR2 has fun gameplay for role playing its characters, but hunting animals, games of leisure in the year 1899, those aren't going to be pivotal gameplay mechanics.

I love RDR2, I also love GTA IV too, so I'm definitely a sucker for the world and gameplay mechanics feeding back into storytelling.

Meanwhile, MGS V has a 6 or 7 hour story told in the span of 100 hours. The world building in MGS V is nonexistent. It's a realized enough sandbox for absolutely stellar game mechanics and design. The gameplay in MGS V is so polished and refined, bug free too, that its an incredible achievement. Open world sandbox stealth is a very interesting hybrid genre. Kojima and his team made gameplay magic.

Kojima is a very enthusiastic but woefully weird and flawed writer. There was no fucking way he could tell a 100 hour story about Punished Snake/medic Boss. There was no way he could tell a 100 hour story about any Snake character. MGS V from the getgo was a gameplay driven open world game. It suceeds.

Death Stranding will be a RDR2 experience. The gamplay will feed back into the storytelling. So if you missed storytelling Kojima, he's back.
OH!

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #22317 on: August 21, 2019, 02:04:29 PM »
Or been like MGS3 and have cool boss battles, memorable set pecies that don’t feel like copy and pasted missions, cool environments and progression that feels like your actually trekking through a world, expand on survival mechanics, expand on effecting the environment/enemy ai, and actually have a decent story that doesn’t get in the way.

Instead it was a shitty open world game where the character controls well. Oh boy!

Tbh, Kojima listened really attentively to fans after MGS3. And in return, we got MGS4, which did more damage to the franchise than MGSV. Abundantly more.  :lol

Your suggestions or fantasies arent bad, but goddamn, the last thing Kojima should ever do is appease people. That's how MGS4 was fostered.
OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #22318 on: August 21, 2019, 02:07:59 PM »
Its funny you mention RDR2 because I’m playing it now and yeah I really like it. I also like LA Noire, Mafia 2, and GTA4.

So I like open world games where the open world is really just atmosphere. Where missions have a real story focus so they don’t feel like filler. Where in the end the story can just a feel like a linear game in an open environment.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #22319 on: August 21, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »
mgs3 sucks balls. love to spend hours in menus for changing camo and treating wounds, dats some spicy gameplay

shagohad only good part of the whole game. remake that trashpile title in fox engine without kojima and it might be good