Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3059820 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #23160 on: November 15, 2019, 02:23:56 PM »
glad i got a cheap copy and played it through

Svejk

« Reply #23161 on: November 15, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
I have a hard time imagining it'll having the same impact that FFXIV:RR or even NMS had.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23162 on: November 15, 2019, 03:05:46 PM »
https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/1195402090409058310

EA's plan to fix Anthem
- Make it F2P
- Port it to mobile devices, Stadia, next gen consoles
- Add in some actual content

🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #23163 on: November 15, 2019, 03:15:43 PM »
Did anyone really notice NMS' revival outside of forum bubbles. Can't imagine it got even a fraction of its original attention in the mainstream.

Chooky

« Reply #23164 on: November 15, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
well it definitely ain't gonna be A Realm Reborn. ARR was great but what really got FFXIV the reputation it has today was the subsequent three S++ rank expansions they've put out since. personally if they put in some real characters and story like a typical Bioware game then i'll be interested, and if they make the campaign decent enough i'll bite. i haven't looked into anthem too much but it seemed to me like it played a lot like day 1 Destiny - almost no story or campaign, and a bunch of simple repetitive missions you're supposed to grind.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #23165 on: November 15, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »
Did anyone really notice NMS' revival outside of forum bubbles. Can't imagine it got even a fraction of its original attention in the mainstream.

It seemed to get attention on sites when the update showed up. Not that there were any re-reviews or a second wave of hype again. Essentially a week's worth of news time before nobody talked about it again. Though it wasn't as drastic as say Final Fantasy 14 killing off the entire world and rebooting the whole game. Different kind of "update" levels here.

Edit:

Free theme for PS4

https://www.destructoid.com/tetris-effect-s-metamorphosis-ps4-theme-is-beautiful-and-free-572550.phtml
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:23:05 PM by EchoRin »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #23167 on: November 16, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23168 on: November 16, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »

:rofl
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #23169 on: November 17, 2019, 12:29:56 AM »
Ian Bogost is no fool, just tries very hard to have big thinks about games, cause he's a professor who focuses on vidya.

Online he's probably most famous for Cow Clicker.
When "serious games" first became a topic, before Unity was a thing, probably before UE had any kind of free option. It was a long time ago. Anyway, there was a GDC with a whole separate track dedicated to it. Bogost was at the head of the kickoff panel, and there were all manner of weird tones: "storm the gates" of developers of retail games, force them to give their tools to the academics.

I spoke up, "Hey, I'm guessing I'm not the only retail dev here, so others should chime in, but you're acting as though we're placing this stuff out of reach, like we're intentionally keeping the ball away from another player. We're just trying to ship our stuff on time. If you want the stuff, ask for it, you might find people who're into sharing, but it's not a game of keepaway we're playing. Maybe start from a place where you're not treating potential partners FROM WHOM YOU WANT SOMETHING like enemies."

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #23170 on: November 17, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »
Was there a response?

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #23171 on: November 17, 2019, 01:20:14 AM »
Was there a response?

Them: "Um, yes. Sure, I mean of course. But how do we even approach getting an engine or tools?"
Me: "Just start by asking, see where it gets you."

It was weird: it was as though they had forgotten they were at GDC, were being hosted as a subset of game development, and were treating it as though it were the same ivory tower in which academia tends to sequester itself.

Chooky

« Reply #23172 on: November 17, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »
hold up - for years i heard people whining about mgs5 not having enough cutscenes (why in god's name would you want more cutscenes after mgs4...) but now i'm in part 2 and apparently the story doesn't move forward unless i play hard versions of old missions wtf. like the reality of this game is that they had a surplus of cutscenes and not enough missions/locations to finish up the gameplay? wth is this?

Rahxephon91

« Reply #23173 on: November 17, 2019, 03:45:34 PM »
I mean I would have liked more cutscenes to maybe see if they could salvage the whole “MGS3 support team is bad” nonsense and see Big Boss” fall(yes I know).

I mean they have all those tapes that weirdly feel like cut cutscenes.

I also enjoy the way MGS cutscenes look usually.

The whole structure of that game is weird anyway.

Chooky

« Reply #23174 on: November 17, 2019, 04:14:37 PM »
yeah from what i've played so far there's tons of chatter, similar to peace walker, but there's very little story going on beyond "we need to kidnap this guy for more intel!" my biggest complaint with the game is that there's very little variety in the missions. yeah it's fun to be able to plan my attack but damn they couldn't give me something else to do? steal a vehicle and get chased? something creative with cutting the power? unleash an army of bears? gimme something more

kingv

« Reply #23175 on: November 17, 2019, 05:09:21 PM »
When you do the harder versions of the missions you will find out there also were not enough cutscenes to finish the story.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #23176 on: November 17, 2019, 05:17:57 PM »
hold up - for years i heard people whining about mgs5 not having enough cutscenes (why in god's name would you want more cutscenes after mgs4...) but now i'm in part 2 and apparently the story doesn't move forward unless i play hard versions of old missions wtf. like the reality of this game is that they had a surplus of cutscenes and not enough missions/locations to finish up the gameplay? wth is this?
It's that blatant, huh? Gives credence to the mumblings that this had a reasonable budget, rather than a blank check from Sony.

« Reply #23177 on: November 17, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
All this heartburn bout gamepass, I think gamepass is fine right now. Microsoft is paying the publishers a fat check to get their content on the serivce It's not being determined by some awful metric like "hours played engagement" like the google service, or "amount of plays" like on spotify.

Now yes I'm sure in the future if Microsoft sees that no one gave a fuck about Devil May Cry 5, they probably wont send out as fat a check for Devil May Cry 6, but that's on capcom to make a game people want to play. What I am interested in as someone who will play a neat indie game over some fart huffing triple a "experience" almost any day of the week, is what kind of games are going to get made once these transition period games are over. Like gears 5 and the outerworlds were made before gamepass was the focus, so using those are example of gamepass quality is a bit disingenuous. I want to know what kind of "netflix originals" level of quality will these new games have?

I think the amount of triple A games is going to drop even more, and they are gonna be loaded with mtx, but we will also have more mid level games, which is fine for me, not everything needs to be some 800 fucking hour grind fest (cut in half with your ubi xp booster tho!). I mean those are ok once every few years with bethesda and cdpr, but fuck off with that shit in every game as a service release annually.

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #23178 on: November 17, 2019, 09:42:50 PM »
Pick my next game to focus on:

1) Luigi’s Mansion 3 (tinkering with on commutes, good bite sized chunk game)
2) Divinity Original Sin 2
3) Death Stranding (2nd attempt)
4) Star Wars Jedi Whatever
5) Pokeughj.x
6) focus only on Shenmue 3 and self-loathing
serge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23179 on: November 17, 2019, 10:51:39 PM »
Shenmue 3
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #23180 on: November 17, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »
luigi

TVC15

« Reply #23181 on: November 18, 2019, 11:49:40 AM »
I spun up Divinity OS2 since Shenmue 3 sucks so much ass that it isn't even out yet.

First impression is that this game is pretty fucking hype, and it seems... more approachable than the first one? Maybe that's not right. It's been a number of years since I played the first one, so my memory is hazy. The game feels easier to get into and play; maybe it feels less janky than the first or something? Or maybe it's just an ineffable improvement over the first.

Let's hope the game stays consistent in quality. OS1 really nosedived for me after the first act. This seems to have been a comment complaint, so Larian knew they had to address it.

I'll be dumping this to give Shenmue 3 a shot, so it has a day to get its hooks in me and convince me to abandon my promise to Cindi.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #23182 on: November 18, 2019, 12:10:17 PM »
Re: the streaming future. I imagine Google and MS and all have better information than I do, but do we have national (or even state-level) information on how many people have broadband with data caps vs those that do not? Because from a month and a half of playing around with Geforce Now, data caps look like they're going to be a serious consideration for me. I have a 1TB cap from Comcast, my typical monthly usage is ~600GB, and my first month with Geforce Now had me at over 900GB with no other unusual use.

serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23183 on: November 18, 2019, 12:46:19 PM »
When "serious games" first became a topic, before Unity was a thing, probably before UE had any kind of free option. It was a long time ago. Anyway, there was a GDC with a whole separate track dedicated to it. Bogost was at the head of the kickoff panel, and there were all manner of weird tones: "storm the gates" of developers of retail games, force them to give their tools to the academics.

I spoke up, "Hey, I'm guessing I'm not the only retail dev here, so others should chime in, but you're acting as though we're placing this stuff out of reach, like we're intentionally keeping the ball away from another player. We're just trying to ship our stuff on time. If you want the stuff, ask for it, you might find people who're into sharing, but it's not a game of keepaway we're playing. Maybe start from a place where you're not treating potential partners FROM WHOM YOU WANT SOMETHING like enemies."
Was there a response?

Them: "Um, yes. Sure, I mean of course. But how do we even approach getting an engine or tools?"

It was weird: it was as though they had forgotten they were at GDC, were being hosted as a subset of game development, and were treating it as though it were the same ivory tower in which academia tends to sequester itself.
Could you guess at a year for this? The Something Unreal contest dates back to 2003 or 2004, that's when Red Orchestra won the first one. Epic started giving out licenses around the year earlier.

Unreal was "free" for some time prior in terms of access to the UDK, it was not supported to the level that 3 became but you could easily produce a game on it. Goldsrc from Valve, Quake engines, etc. all had "free" no official support tiers. Even early on in Source's life people were producing racing games and fighters and everything else with it even though its tools were complete garbage.

It's true that you needed a "publisher" for a long time to eventually take care of the licensing costs, but PC games, especially from other countries, often got waivers for a lot of these engines by the engine companies. Valve and iD did a lot of looking the other way on engine licensing until the game was all but ready to go. That's how they did so well with being licensed in the PC only world. By the time Unreal and Renderware were all but console defaults you had tons of options on PC, it was really just console access to some of the middleware that was a hangup and generally you could get around it quite easily. And with the 360 and UE3 packaging that basically all fell away.

Unity and Unreal actually spent quite a bit of time, after earning such strong market penetration, trying to sell themselves to small indie developers who thought "oh, I couldn't afford that, let alone get to play with it" and they were out there going "no no it's all free, just when you're ready to release we need to talk some payment options" and none of it looked like the contracts somebody like EA was signing.

Some of these teams just don't do any kind of research or like you mention ask anyone anything. I came across a developer some time last year in Early Access on Steam lamenting their lack of access to new versions of UE4 which was holding back their ability to keep working on whatever it was and how they were looking at starting over on Unity. They had signed that deal from a few years ago where you got a snapshot version and then never had to pay until you sold so many copies. But, it's like, right there in the EGL, it's the same shit upgraded that everyone except a specific few gets, there's hours worth of tutorials, tips on bringing in your stuff from earlier versions, gobs of asset stores, everything. The deal they had signed is now everybody's deal in terms of how you have to pay royalties.

A lot of people think the engine companies are going to come down on little devs like Crytek is to StarCitizen for their "find/replace" and stop paying gambit. When Epic basically no longer cares, their R&D department basically is a rounding error now for the company.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #23184 on: November 18, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »
What happened to that Ghost of Tsushima game?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #23186 on: November 18, 2019, 06:25:02 PM »
Finally got around to buy powerlink adapters after I neglected it for years.  :doge

Why didn‘t I do this earlier?

No more wifi!

fast download speeds and lower latency :rejoice

« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 06:56:46 PM by BisMarckie »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23187 on: November 18, 2019, 06:56:35 PM »

bluemax

« Reply #23188 on: November 18, 2019, 11:07:01 PM »
NO

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #23189 on: November 18, 2019, 11:15:57 PM »
They killed Campo Santo and Into the Valley of Gods for this.
Don't forget Idle Thumbs/Important if True. :'(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23190 on: November 19, 2019, 04:25:55 AM »
https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1196566870360387584

:pika
Nice, i'm very hyped for this.
I hope they use the Boneworks systems (or something better) to handle body presence and world interaction.

Half Life is perfect for VR, with all the cutscenes playing out in real time, and the emphasis on physics and interaction with the game world.
I really don't understand people bitching about it, expecting just another random ass FPS, just to continue the plot (which has already been spoiled anyway).

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #23191 on: November 20, 2019, 08:35:57 AM »
I got a Fire tablet and am trying to use a Bluetooth controller on it for games.  I have one that I was able to use on Android tablets, but on the Fire, it can only pair and not actually connect.  Any tips?

paprikastaude

« Reply #23192 on: November 20, 2019, 10:34:01 AM »
so they say Stadia is a big flop

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23194 on: November 20, 2019, 12:35:23 PM »
I didn't even realize DP1 was getting a physical release on the Switch.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #23195 on: November 20, 2019, 06:38:02 PM »
https://thegameawards.com/nominees

Lots of RE2, Death Stranding and Control.

🤴

bluemax

« Reply #23196 on: November 21, 2019, 03:41:12 AM »
What happened to that Ghost of Tsushima game?

AFAIK it's still coming. Sony will probably start building the buzz up for it again after TLOU2.
NO

TVC15

« Reply #23197 on: November 21, 2019, 01:24:51 PM »
Posting this in here too just in case this thread gets more traffic than the Steam thread:

Not sure how much I'm liking Divinity Original Sin 2.

The difficulty is all fucked up. I played at the second easiest difficulty level--I'm no grognard that likes to replay fights. The ship section was simple, so I figured I was at least on solid footing if I didn't need to turn up the difficulty, but once I got to the island, it was another story. Every encounter I get into, the enemies have much more health and shield energy than me, and they have weapons and spells that hit much harder than anything I can muster up. The game is very open ended and encourages you to do whatever you want almost immediately, so I figured maybe I just needed some guidance to point me at the easy quests...

So this is already poorly designed from my POV. The easy quests aren't breadcrumbed enough so I'm forced to go to an online guide. I could've found the easy quests if I wandered around more, but that would've involved dying and reloading a bunch as the game has a habit of throwing you into unwinnable fights arbitrarily, right out of random conversations and also in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes the annoying encounters feature invisible enemies!

Anyway, I'm doing the quests by the guide now. It's not very satisfying. I eventually did some googling about the game's difficulty and found a reddit thread. Most of the people were saying that you should play the beginning of the game (I think they said Act I but I forget the details of the game's structure) on the easiest difficulty. Many of these people also recommended playing the second part/Act II on easy because they thought it was even worse in balancing.

Me? I have no shame? Ninja dog? That's me. Easy mode is no thing for me. I suck at games! But Original Sin 2's easy mode is so easy that it's effortless. It removes all challenge and makes the game more of a busy task than a game.

So I'm a little frustrated with this game. The mechanics and combat are great. It has a lot of depth. Lots of options for character growth. Some of the characters appear interesting so far. Baldur's Gate 3 went to the right people, I think. But what the fuck man, they didn't manage to hit an enjoyable difficulty level for me. One's too hard and one's too easy.

If anyone can help me enjoy this game, please do. I really want to love it. I loved Original Sin! Fuck I drunk loved Divinity 2! (Never played Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity tho).
serge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #23198 on: November 21, 2019, 01:36:52 PM »
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #23199 on: November 21, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »

Borealis

« Reply #23200 on: November 21, 2019, 11:32:09 PM »
Posting this in here too just in case this thread gets more traffic than the Steam thread:

The difficulty is all fucked up. I played at the second easiest difficulty level--I'm no grognard that likes to replay fights. The ship section was simple, so I figured I was at least on solid footing if I didn't need to turn up the difficulty, but once I got to the island, it was another story. Every encounter I get into, the enemies have much more health and shield energy than me, and they have weapons and spells that hit much harder than anything I can muster up. The game is very open ended and encourages you to do whatever you want almost immediately, so I figured maybe I just needed some guidance to point me at the easy quests...

So this is already poorly designed from my POV. The easy quests aren't breadcrumbed enough so I'm forced to go to an online guide. I could've found the easy quests if I wandered around more, but that would've involved dying and reloading a bunch as the game has a habit of throwing you into unwinnable fights arbitrarily, right out of random conversations and also in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes the annoying encounters feature invisible enemies!

Anyway, I'm doing the quests by the guide now. It's not very satisfying. I eventually did some googling about the game's difficulty and found a reddit thread. Most of the people were saying that you should play the beginning of the game (I think they said Act I but I forget the details of the game's structure) on the easiest difficulty. Many of these people also recommended playing the second part/Act II on easy because they thought it was even worse in balancing.

Me? I have no shame? Ninja dog? That's me. Easy mode is no thing for me. I suck at games! But Original Sin 2's easy mode is so easy that it's effortless. It removes all challenge and makes the game more of a busy task than a game.

So I'm a little frustrated with this game. The mechanics and combat are great. It has a lot of depth. Lots of options for character growth. Some of the characters appear interesting so far. Baldur's Gate 3 went to the right people, I think. But what the fuck man, they didn't manage to hit an enjoyable difficulty level for me. One's too hard and one's too easy.

If anyone can help me enjoy this game, please do. I really want to love it. I loved Original Sin! Fuck I drunk loved Divinity 2! (Never played Divine Divinity or Beyond Divinity tho).

I ended up not liking it at class/standard difficulty, but thought the characters + world building were mostly a blast.

I like that it lets you to play 'creative' with death fog cheese and encourages understanding of enemy weaknesses, but very much agree that the difficulty for fights in general are wack. Enemies always have heaps of AP and high Loremaster knowledge, e.g. knowing that Fane is undead. The balance is shit enough that I'd hesitate to embark on another playthrough unless it's for co-op.

I can only offer some advice, make the most of Act III and max out on level gain throughout it (it tends to funnel players rather quickly through to the next Act), or you'll be railed trying to even start Act IV if you're lvl. 18 or under.

kingv

« Reply #23201 on: November 22, 2019, 12:02:53 AM »
I flew through the escape from the island part (right after the ship) and really struggled in the next part until I gained a few levels. Had to cheese everything.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #23202 on: November 22, 2019, 12:53:48 AM »

Was there a response?

Could you guess at a year for this? The Something Unreal contest dates back to 2003 or 2004, that's when Red Orchestra won the first one. Epic started giving out licenses around the year earlier.

Unreal was "free" for some time prior in terms of access to the UDK, it was not supported to the level that 3 became but you could easily produce a game on it. Goldsrc from Valve, Quake engines, etc. all had "free" no official support tiers. Even early on in Source's life people were producing racing games and fighters and everything else with it even though its tools were complete garbage.

It's true that you needed a "publisher" for a long time to eventually take care of the licensing costs, but PC games, especially from other countries, often got waivers for a lot of these engines by the engine companies. Valve and iD did a lot of looking the other way on engine licensing until the game was all but ready to go. That's how they did so well with being licensed in the PC only world. By the time Unreal and Renderware were all but console defaults you had tons of options on PC, it was really just console access to some of the middleware that was a hangup and generally you could get around it quite easily. And with the 360 and UE3 packaging that basically all fell away.

Unity and Unreal actually spent quite a bit of time, after earning such strong market penetration, trying to sell themselves to small indie developers who thought "oh, I couldn't afford that, let alone get to play with it" and they were out there going "no no it's all free, just when you're ready to release we need to talk some payment options" and none of it looked like the contracts somebody like EA was signing.

Some of these teams just don't do any kind of research or like you mention ask anyone anything. I came across a developer some time last year in Early Access on Steam lamenting their lack of access to new versions of UE4 which was holding back their ability to keep working on whatever it was and how they were looking at starting over on Unity. They had signed that deal from a few years ago where you got a snapshot version and then never had to pay until you sold so many copies. But, it's like, right there in the EGL, it's the same shit upgraded that everyone except a specific few gets, there's hours worth of tutorials, tips on bringing in your stuff from earlier versions, gobs of asset stores, everything. The deal they had signed is now everybody's deal in terms of how you have to pay royalties.

A lot of people think the engine companies are going to come down on little devs like Crytek is to StarCitizen for their "find/replace" and stop paying gambit. When Epic basically no longer cares, their R&D department basically is a rounding error now for the company.

I'm almost certain it was the first Serious Games Summit, which I think was 2006. There's a small chance it was 2008.

TVC15

« Reply #23203 on: November 22, 2019, 01:21:10 PM »

I ended up not liking it at class/standard difficulty, but thought the characters + world building were mostly a blast.

I like that it lets you to play 'creative' with death fog cheese and encourages understanding of enemy weaknesses, but very much agree that the difficulty for fights in general are wack. Enemies always have heaps of AP and high Loremaster knowledge, e.g. knowing that Fane is undead. The balance is shit enough that I'd hesitate to embark on another playthrough unless it's for co-op.

I can only offer some advice, make the most of Act III and max out on level gain throughout it (it tends to funnel players rather quickly through to the next Act), or you'll be railed trying to even start Act IV if you're lvl. 18 or under.

I managed to stop caring about playing on Easy last night. It's still good even though it's now too easy. I see there are all sorts of mods, but I'm surprised there's nothing about rebalancing difficulty. I guess the right tools weren't available since the wacky difficulty seems to be a common complaint.

Let's hope they improve on this aspect in BG3. I basically love everything about Original Sin 2 minus the balancing. Also surprised this wasn't tinkered with significantly for the definitive edition.
serge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #23204 on: November 24, 2019, 07:46:53 AM »
Amazon matched GameStop's BF deals

Shenmue 3 $35 https://amzn.to/35vzfd4
MediEvil $20 https://amzn.to/35oWlBU
Trails of Cold Steel 3 $40 https://amzn.to/37yumBK
Kiwami 2 $15 https://amzn.to/37rf5m6
Yakuza 6 $15 https://amzn.to/2L4jgLl
DQ Builders 2 $25 https://amzn.to/2rhTooa
Judgment $30 https://amzn.to/35vzt3U

Bloodstained Switch $20 https://amzn.to/2KOIvB0

There's a bunch more if you search around

CAG spreadsheet of deals -> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cqMslQypWti54F36PZYZQ3qIH6buzJxbRjw4y3_hxHY/edit#gid=0
fat

Chooky

« Reply #23205 on: November 24, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »
collection of mana is $20. dmc5 and re2 are unfortunately not $15, and shadown of the tomb raider goty isn't lowered either.

paprikastaude

« Reply #23206 on: November 24, 2019, 09:19:25 AM »
Kojima says on Twitter he wants to make a horror game now. So in the future people will find out that Silent Hills would've been dumb outside the demo, because Kojima's game direction is the complete opposite of a good SH title  :doge
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:30:37 AM by Spieler1 »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #23207 on: November 24, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
If he does make a horror game I'm in Day 0.

PT was legit the best horror game since SH2.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23208 on: November 24, 2019, 11:22:32 AM »
Kojima says on Twitter he wants to make a horror game now. So in the future people will find out that Silent Hills would've been dumb outside the demo, because Kojima's game direction is the complete opposite of a good SH title  :doge

Cant wait for all symbolism and hinted at story bits to be explained several times through 20 min cutscenes

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #23209 on: November 24, 2019, 11:25:31 AM »
20 minutes  :neogaf

Death Stranding’s ending is almost 3 hours long  :aah
Margs

Svejk

« Reply #23210 on: November 24, 2019, 12:23:13 PM »
And ghosts walking around with cans of Monster Energy drinks in their hands.

paprikastaude

« Reply #23211 on: November 24, 2019, 12:37:39 PM »
30 minutes explaining the origins of PYRAMID GUILT PUNISHER MAN. With several close ups of not-James Sunderland pissing and shitting himself. Do you rike it?

kingv

« Reply #23212 on: November 24, 2019, 08:01:39 PM »
Lol, the ending is 3 hours? Amazing. I can’t wait.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #23213 on: November 24, 2019, 08:06:16 PM »
His shitty boss battles and meh combat will fit in a horror game at least.

TVC15

« Reply #23214 on: November 25, 2019, 01:46:57 PM »
Has anyone here played Pathfinder: Kingmaker on PC? I've heard mixed things, but people that like it seem to really like it.

Would you recommend it? What's it like? What's the combat like and is it done well? And how much combat is there versus RPGin'?
serge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #23215 on: November 26, 2019, 07:51:54 AM »
His shitty boss battles and meh combat will fit in a horror game at least.
:comeon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23216 on: November 26, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #23218 on: November 26, 2019, 04:05:53 PM »
cool thanks. I grabbed one.

sale seems samey, nothing on wishlist really discounted much.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #23219 on: November 26, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »