Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3061732 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #31860 on: December 02, 2022, 04:48:18 AM »
Looked at a playthrough of Callisto Protocol. Seems like it's falling into a lot of the same trappings as God of War Ragnarok design wise. Funneling you through these connecting areas in a way where it drops you at the next cutscene/scripted sequence. Give me something to work with in these moments. The higher focus on melee also looks really clunky. The enemy designs are nowhere near as interesting as the necromorphs. Environments look alright.

Oh well. Dead Space Remake looks like it might deliver on what this game promised. I like what the devs told about them opening up the Ishimura and making it non-lineair. It remains to be seen if it actually works with the combat design. The game needs to be able to dynamically adjust the gameplay depending on how the player tackles the game. Otherwise the enemies you fight at the end might feel the same as the ones you fight at the start.

I'll probably pick up Callisto Protocol somewhere down the line when it hits the budget bin.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31861 on: December 02, 2022, 05:45:06 AM »
Callisto getting 5's and 6's left and right.

Ill hold off till a very deep sale
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31862 on: December 02, 2022, 06:44:11 AM »
Lol why is Call of Duty featured in the same catagory 'Action'

As Bayonetta 3, Neon White, Sifu and TMNT?

What the fuck Game Awards you cunts
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31863 on: December 02, 2022, 07:33:26 AM »
Why do you care :girlaff
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31864 on: December 02, 2022, 08:09:29 AM »
Why do you care :girlaff

I saw Marvel Snap got nominated so I wanted to vote for them since they deserve it.

Then I scrolled through the categories, and I saw that MWII was listed in Action combined with bayo3, Neon White, Sifu and TMNT.

Games that are vastly different, so why the fuck is MWII in that catagory? Because if it's 'Action' , why not list God of War there too? Or Horizon? Any game with action in it?

Horrible sheit
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 08:31:18 AM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31865 on: December 02, 2022, 08:09:39 AM »

Another turd

Sadly no good games this end of year.

Midnight Suns seems fun, but has Denuvo and terrible performance. Also the story is crap according to reviews.

Meh I will continue Persona 5 Royal instead
What

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31866 on: December 02, 2022, 09:16:45 AM »
How do you know its a turd? You play it?

Well since I haven't played it and don't know and wont base my opinion on others' opinions, I'm still going to try it out.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31867 on: December 02, 2022, 12:35:27 PM »
You do you brother im not spending my hard earned cash on mediocre turds like this or Gotham Knights

If stuff gets a 5 from Gamespot you know its not worth it. Mostly negative on Steam too. Denuvo DRM, horrible optimization, super linear and not even scary. But it does have a season pass so thats good
What

Bebpo

« Reply #31868 on: December 02, 2022, 01:08:20 PM »
How do you fuck up a Dead Space clone. Should be a slam dunk.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31869 on: December 02, 2022, 01:36:48 PM »
https://twitter.com/CallistoTheGame/status/1598732338133110784

Seems like the game's issues are with the PC version and a patch is imminent.

:idont

Edit: Although-

https://twitter.com/WastedCynic/status/1598732965982474267

:holeup
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31870 on: December 02, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »
Need for Speed is getting the 8's and 9's  :cruise
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #31871 on: December 02, 2022, 03:06:29 PM »
Need for Speed sucks. Not that the writing wasn't on the wall, but stay away if you think this has anything to do with Criterion's past work. Races are full of slow and tedious drifts, like in Forza Horizon  :yuck And even if you don't mind that, there's way too much traversal on the incredibly uninteresting overworld.

Callisto's first two hours were pretty sweet on the other hand. Excluding the 20 minutes where I had to learn its weird ass dodging system.  :doge  Spamming stick flicks does the trick, which I don't think was intended. Still, once you get the hang of it, it's very fun. Art and sound direction is amazing.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #31872 on: December 02, 2022, 03:29:18 PM »
I played some Unbounded on EA Play PC/Gamepass..

Its allright. It looks cool, but I dont like the visual artstyle or the comic characters. Nor do I enjoy the how do you do fellow kids vibe.

The drift mechanic and feel suck imo. Nothing like Most Wanted 2016 or Hot Pursuit which I thought felt great.

I already uninstalled it but yea

At least it has trans representation

https://twitter.com/NeedforSpeed/status/1598756771677470727
« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 03:37:35 PM by MMaRsu »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31873 on: December 02, 2022, 04:50:20 PM »
The NFS trial took too long to download and I'm not buying 79,99 games so I played some GTA 3 instead :trumps
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31874 on: December 02, 2022, 08:23:49 PM »
Let's keep the Era talk in the other forums thread.
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #31875 on: December 02, 2022, 10:24:28 PM »
Callisto Protocol is a lot of fun.

It also does the worst possible job explaining its core mechanic! The tutorial for melee and dodging was a shitty QTE that made it seem like you actually have to time your dodges and push in specific directions based on where the attack is coming from. You actually don’t! I literally died to the first fucking enemy 6 goddamn times before giving up trying to dodge and just mashed attack to get through it. I had to sit through that minute long QTE every single fucking time along with the weirdly long loading times on PS5. Only after that did the game display a more detailed tutorial that actually explains how dodging actually works in game. I think there was also another mechanic where the game pulls the same crap.

Since I’m already on the negatives, might as well keep going. The save/checkpoint system can be absolutely terrible at times, and can lead to loss of entirely too much time if you end up dying. To explain, the game typically doesn’t save in optional/side areas. So let’s say you go through an optional room, fight some enemies, and grab the loot at the end. There’s a good chance you won’t get any sort of checkpoint. Then you go back to the main route and end up getting gangbanged by 5 assholes that suddenly crash the party. You have to do all the shit all over again. Which is even worse if you ended up upgrading your shit at the store since you’ll have to sit through those unskippable animations again.

This highlights another issue. It can be virtually impossible at times to tell which route is optional or advances story. There is no map and you don’t have the nifty Dead Space objective marker either. I often run around like a headless chicken partly advancing through multiple routes to try and figure out which one is the story route so I don’t accidentally trigger a cutscene which often locks the previous area as the game is fairly linear.

Speaking of Dead Space similarities, they’re actually fairly surface level. If anything, I wish they actually cribbed some more from it! Though I admire them trying to do their own thing for the most part. You can’t walk while the inventory is opened. You can’t listen to audio logs while walking. Weapon switching is slow as shit. Maybe I’m just a freak, but I dislike how enemy bodies are pretty much immovable and have no physics after killing them compared to DS, and stomping them doesn’t feel as satisfying. Some bodies in the environment don’t even react to stomping. I miss having a laser sight instead of a standard reticle. The GRP (telekinesis) gauge only properly appears when you’re aiming which kinda feels like a glitch. Although the the cutscene direction is decent, I miss the commitment to the mostly one-shot from the DS games. The recent GoW games and MGSV could’ve been a good inspiration on how to still get “cinematic” shots with that kind of camera work.

Despite me sounding like I’m shitting on the game, I actually really like it! Once the dodging clicked with me and and I got a few upgrades for the baton, I started to enjoy the combat. You typically shouldn’t be shooting enemies directly. Instead, you have to soften them up with melee combos until a reticle pops up on them. Once you hold the aim button you’ll quickly snap to it and do lots of damage. Very nice interplay. The level design has also been good so far, though don’t expect any puzzles. I’ve been playing in fidelity mode with headphones on and the atmosphere is insane. Story hasn’t really gone anywhere so far, but the performances have been good and I’m intrigued to see where it goes.

Although I don’t think it’s as good a game, I feel from a review perspective, this is getting low scores like The Evil Within back in the day because the reviewers suck ass at it and fundamentally don’t understand some of the core mechanics. Some of it has to do with bad tutorialization and the enemies just being too aggressive and lethal for experimentation, but I also doubt they put in the effort to try and learn it properly either.

I played until I got the space suit/armor (over 5 hours) which finally opened more inventory space than the ridiculously limited amount you had to deal with prior. Unless the game really shits the bed, I think this will end up being a horror classic for me despite all the issues I have with it.
Margs

Bebpo

« Reply #31876 on: December 02, 2022, 11:20:26 PM »
Imagine spending tens millions of dollars and three years of your life to make a decent/good game (taking you on your word on that),

And it gets destroyed in reviews and bombs and dooms your career...all because you didn't do a good job explaining one of your mechanics. Gotta imagine the team and director are feeling pretty terrible if that's the case and they just were too close to the product and never understood that.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31877 on: December 03, 2022, 04:06:38 AM »
To me it seemed like Callisto was supposed to have been an early access indie game and somewhere along the way they put a AAA holiday release spin on it after it got a great reception once they revealed it.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31878 on: December 03, 2022, 04:39:31 AM »
It started out as a PUBG-universe game. Was meant to be like 300 years in the future of that universe.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31879 on: December 03, 2022, 05:38:21 AM »
Also there seems to be something seriously broken on the PC side of things.

NFSU, Callisto, Midnight Suns, Gotham Knights etc. they all suffer from stuttering not present on Series X and PS5.
Apparently it has something to do with shader compiling.

In the case of the RTX4090 you even need to flash your GPU bios to fix Need for Speed :doge
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 05:49:17 AM by Nintex »
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #31880 on: December 03, 2022, 07:55:02 AM »
Callisto Protocol is a lot of fun.

It also does the worst possible job explaining its core mechanic! The tutorial for melee and dodging was a shitty QTE that made it seem like you actually have to time your dodges and push in specific directions based on where the attack is coming from. You actually don’t! I literally died to the first fucking enemy 6 goddamn times before giving up trying to dodge and just mashed attack to get through it. I had to sit through that minute long QTE every single fucking time along with the weirdly long loading times on PS5. Only after that did the game display a more detailed tutorial that actually explains how dodging actually works in game. I think there was also another mechanic where the game pulls the same crap.

Since I’m already on the negatives, might as well keep going. The save/checkpoint system can be absolutely terrible at times, and can lead to loss of entirely too much time if you end up dying. To explain, the game typically doesn’t save in optional/side areas. So let’s say you go through an optional room, fight some enemies, and grab the loot at the end. There’s a good chance you won’t get any sort of checkpoint. Then you go back to the main route and end up getting gangbanged by 5 assholes that suddenly crash the party. You have to do all the shit all over again. Which is even worse if you ended up upgrading your shit at the store since you’ll have to sit through those unskippable animations again.

This highlights another issue. It can be virtually impossible at times to tell which route is optional or advances story. There is no map and you don’t have the nifty Dead Space objective marker either. I often run around like a headless chicken partly advancing through multiple routes to try and figure out which one is the story route so I don’t accidentally trigger a cutscene which often locks the previous area as the game is fairly linear.

Speaking of Dead Space similarities, they’re actually fairly surface level. If anything, I wish they actually cribbed some more from it! Though I admire them trying to do their own thing for the most part. You can’t walk while the inventory is opened. You can’t listen to audio logs while walking. Weapon switching is slow as shit. Maybe I’m just a freak, but I dislike how enemy bodies are pretty much immovable and have no physics after killing them compared to DS, and stomping them doesn’t feel as satisfying. Some bodies in the environment don’t even react to stomping. I miss having a laser sight instead of a standard reticle. The GRP (telekinesis) gauge only properly appears when you’re aiming which kinda feels like a glitch. Although the the cutscene direction is decent, I miss the commitment to the mostly one-shot from the DS games. The recent GoW games and MGSV could’ve been a good inspiration on how to still get “cinematic” shots with that kind of camera work.

Despite me sounding like I’m shitting on the game, I actually really like it! Once the dodging clicked with me and and I got a few upgrades for the baton, I started to enjoy the combat. You typically shouldn’t be shooting enemies directly. Instead, you have to soften them up with melee combos until a reticle pops up on them. Once you hold the aim button you’ll quickly snap to it and do lots of damage. Very nice interplay. The level design has also been good so far, though don’t expect any puzzles. I’ve been playing in fidelity mode with headphones on and the atmosphere is insane. Story hasn’t really gone anywhere so far, but the performances have been good and I’m intrigued to see where it goes.

Although I don’t think it’s as good a game, I feel from a review perspective, this is getting low scores like The Evil Within back in the day because the reviewers suck ass at it and fundamentally don’t understand some of the core mechanics. Some of it has to do with bad tutorialization and the enemies just being too aggressive and lethal for experimentation, but I also doubt they put in the effort to try and learn it properly either.

I played until I got the space suit/armor (over 5 hours) which finally opened more inventory space than the ridiculously limited amount you had to deal with prior. Unless the game really shits the bed, I think this will end up being a horror classic for me despite all the issues I have with it.

Yes, the intro to the dogding is incredibly irritating. I was stuck for half an hour in the first optional room that throws three enemies at you. Even when I eventually was able to pull it off, I actually still did it wrong and it's much easier than you'd assume.

Once you get the hang of it, it's super fun though, as you say. Even with a few minor hiccups. But I only blame the poor tutorials so much. Not only reviewers, but also those dumb rage-quitting streamers most likely forgot that games can have a learning curve. Yes, even mainstream games. God forbid, something doesn't control like Uncharted?? MUST BE BAD. I bet those are the same people that don't understand that "modern controls" would break the original Resident Evil 4 or Metroid Prime, because not everything needs the same game design.

But let's hand out those 9s to an unbearably vanilla Need for Speed open world game because a background NPC says trans in their bio.  ::)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:00:21 AM by paprikastaude »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31881 on: December 03, 2022, 05:14:05 PM »
There's no need to worry about scores, the real GOTY has already been decided and that's Xenoblade 3.

Metroid Tactics - Wii (Retro Studios - XCOM like strategy game, prequel to all previous Metroids)
Project Valkyrie Phase 1 - DS (Next Level Games - Standalone multiplayer game for DS)
Project Valkyrie Phase 2 - unknown hardware (Next Level Games - PS3-level graphics Quake-like project, multiplayer game. Ultimately downgraded and turned into Federation Force)
Metroid 64 (DYKG offers a $1000 bounty for who unveils this was outsourced to)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 05:55:36 PM by Nintex »
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31882 on: December 03, 2022, 06:18:51 PM »
Xenoblade 3 is garbage.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31883 on: December 03, 2022, 06:38:40 PM »
We're both wrong it's actually Sonic Frontiers

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1599166628557893632
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #31884 on: December 03, 2022, 08:19:21 PM »
GOTY was already decided in June: it's Omori on consoles
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 08:38:08 PM by Tasty »

paprikastaude

« Reply #31885 on: December 04, 2022, 10:54:28 AM »
fun. please more open world

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31886 on: December 04, 2022, 11:01:19 AM »
Finally got around to the Need for Speed Unbound trial and it's surprisingly good.

I would say the closest they've gotten to an Underground 2 / Carbon / Most Wanted type Need for Speed game in quite a while.
🤴

Svejk

« Reply #31887 on: December 04, 2022, 11:24:36 AM »
New(?) rumor from a supposed source that's been creditable before, that Konami has been working on a MGS1 remake for a few years now and is set to be revealed soon (probably not VGAs).  PS5 exclusive.  No cross-gen dick shit. 

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #31888 on: December 04, 2022, 11:33:39 AM »
I'm always a bit fascinated that in all our years of 3D simulations nobody has apparently figured out a routine to simply prevent you from clipping under it with the main object. :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #31889 on: December 04, 2022, 12:04:46 PM »
Callisto could have used a auto/quick stasis attack, something that freezes a enemy near you without aiming. I feel the game needed crowd control options as I believe that really would ease people’s problems.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 01:36:40 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Bebpo

« Reply #31890 on: December 04, 2022, 01:11:46 PM »

Wait, the new NFS is sandbox like Burnout Paradise?? Hmmm...I don't like the NFS brand and haven't touched one since Hot Pursuit, but I fucking love Burnout Paradise. I wonder if I should check this out when it's cheap...

Callisto could have used a auto/quick stasis attack, something that freezes a enemy near you without aiming. I feel the game needed crowd control options as I believe that  really ease people’s problems.

Yeah, basically every review I saw said the combat system is built for intense 1 on 1 but then they keep throwing you into locked arenas with waves of enemies and the combat system just doesn't work. Seems like it needed some crowd control weapons/sub-weapons/options to handle those situations.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31891 on: December 04, 2022, 02:37:21 PM »
Wait, the new NFS is sandbox like Burnout Paradise?? Hmmm...I don't like the NFS brand and haven't touched one since Hot Pursuit, but I fucking love Burnout Paradise. I wonder if I should check this out when it's cheap...
The gameplay loop is quite interesting for a racing game.

It's open world with a day and night cycle.
During the day you get 'easy' races and very little cops. You use the day to progress the story (simple drive from A to B missions) and then earn cash to upgrade your car(s).
At night the street races with high stakes become available. You can buy your way in and the pay outs are much bigger and the police is much tougher.

After a race you need to escape the police (if they spotted you) and go to a safehouse to bank the money and end the day or continue to do more races and build up more heat with the risk of losing it all.
You also can't just easily win every race and you have a limited number of total restarts every day depending on your difficulty (the default is 4 I think).

On GamePass there's a 10 hour free trial via EA Play. I'm quite sure I'm buying it after my trial is over because this is a very fun and exciting game.
The presentation is top notch and it runs pretty much at a 4k/60fps locked on the Series X as far as I can tell. It loads fast too.

The sandbox hasn't yet fully opened up for me yet (I'm pretty much doing the 'tutorial week') so I wonder how many side activities there are.
Considering Forza Horizon only has small towns I haven't felt street race city racing vibes like this for a long time. Probably not since Underground 2 or Most Wanted.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31892 on: December 04, 2022, 02:53:20 PM »

During the day you get 'easy' races and very little cops. You use the day to progress the story (simple drive from A to B missions) and then earn cash to upgrade your car(s).
At night the street races with high stakes become available. You can buy your way in and the pay outs are much bigger and the police is much tougher.

After a race you need to escape the police (if they spotted you) and go to a safehouse to bank the money and end the day or continue to do more races and build up more heat with the risk of losing it all.
You also can't just easily win every race and you have a limited number of total restarts every day depending on your difficulty (the default is 4 I think).

On GamePass there's a 10 hour free trial via EA Play. I'm quite sure I'm buying it after my trial is over because this is a very fun and exciting game.
The presentation is top notch and it runs pretty much at a 4k/60fps locked on the Series X as far as I can tell. It loads fast too.

The sandbox hasn't yet fully opened up for me yet (I'm pretty much doing the 'tutorial week') so I wonder how many side activities there are.
Considering Forza Horizon only has small towns I haven't felt street race city racing vibes like this for a long time. Probably not since Underground 2 or Most Wanted.

Uh, that seems like a lot  :lol
I thought these kinds of trials were like 2 hours long.

I feel like I'd get enough of a game in 10 hours that I wouldn't need to play more. At least not until it's like $5 or in a free bundle.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31893 on: December 04, 2022, 03:04:56 PM »
It's a bit grindy like Underground 2 in the sense that you're not gifted Porsches and McLarens after just a couple of races.
Instead you have to work your way up by tuning slower cars.

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1599452442197782529

:rejoice
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31894 on: December 04, 2022, 06:29:03 PM »

Uh, that seems like a lot  :lol
I thought these kinds of trials were like 2 hours long.

I feel like I'd get enough of a game in 10 hours that I wouldn't need to play more. At least not until it's like $5 or in a free bundle.
It's an EA game  I imagine there's about 80 minutes of unskippable cut scenes and about 3 hours fucking around in the most user hostile menus ever put to a screen included in that.
Spud

Svejk

« Reply #31895 on: December 05, 2022, 02:41:41 PM »
Xbox is preparing to join other major games publishers in raising the prices of its major new first-party titles from $60 to $70.

Beginning in 2023, games built for Xbox Series X|S including Forza Motorsport, Redfall, and Starfield will cost $69.99 USD at launch. While Xbox has noted that regional pricing may differ, it has not yet given specifics for other countries.

"This price reflects the content, scale, and technical complexity of these titles," a Microsoft spokesperson told IGN. "As with all games developed by our teams at Xbox, they will also be available with Game Pass the same day they launch."
https://www.ign.com/articles/microsoft-raising-prices-new-first-party-games-xbox-series-70-2023-redfall-starfield

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31896 on: December 05, 2022, 03:44:31 PM »
They just made GamePass an even better deal going forward.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31897 on: December 05, 2022, 05:36:09 PM »
If Nintendo gets this transition right (always a big IF with Nintendo), then they can have another great run following on from Switch.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's Nintendo though, so expect all the mistakes of WiiU to be repeated.
[close]
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31898 on: December 05, 2022, 06:28:20 PM »
The Switch launched during an economic boom we hadn't seen in decades for that reason alone and the expected price increase Switch 2 won't be 'as big'.
Nintendo will probably have a 2 tier hardware strategy ($199 - $449) for a while and a lot of 'cross gen' titles.

If I had to guess a launch window would look something like this

- Bunch of DLSS resolution/Ray tracing patches/repackaged titles (Smash Bros. Ultimate 4k, Splatoon 3 4k, Mario Kart 8 4k, Zelda: TOTK 4k, Metroid Prime 4 4k, Pikmin 4k, XB2 4k, XB3 4k etc.) for existing owners these are probably paid upgrades at 14.99 or whatever.
- Xenoblade Chronicles X: Definitive Edition (30fps/720p on original Switch, 60fps/4k (DLSS) on Switch 2)
- Xenoblade Collection (download codes for XB:DE, XB2, XB3, XBX:DE and various digital goodies in a limited collectors sleeve @ $900 on Ebay)
- Fire Emblem: Colosseum (basically Soul Calibur with Fire Emblem waifu's)
- Super Mario Odyssey 2 (60fps/720p on original Switch, 60fps/4k (DLSS) on Switch 2)
- Hyrule Warriors 3(?) (unstable as fuck/720p on original Switch, 60fps/1080p (DLSS) on Switch 2)
- 5 new JRPG's and/or farming sims

Dozens of $70 third party ports like GTA Trilogy Definitive Edition, Watch Dogs: Legion and Skyrim
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 06:32:26 PM by Nintex »
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31899 on: December 11, 2022, 04:02:06 AM »
Loved the game awards. Some good new trailers.

I can't believe they let the trans person pick up the disability award. Inspired choice. Seems like something I would do because I'm an asshole. It only lacked a fat dutch guy laughing his ass off in the audience. I especially liked when they framed her against the women standing behind her. The captain marvel purse. Fucking perfection.

The final award going to Bill Clinton.

Svejk

« Reply #31900 on: December 11, 2022, 04:25:15 AM »
I was never too big into Armored Core back then, but damn, that trailer gave me wood.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31901 on: December 11, 2022, 05:29:44 AM »

I can't believe they let the trans person pick up the disability award. Inspired choice. Seems like something I would do because I'm an asshole. It only lacked a fat dutch guy laughing his ass off in the audience. I especially liked when they framed her against the women standing behind her. The captain marvel purse. Fucking perfection.

I want all of that to be true. Sadly, I'm not sure it's not.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31902 on: December 11, 2022, 06:41:59 AM »
I've about an hour left of the show.

What surprises me most is how Xbox has fallen off the map or has been reduced to an app on Samsung TV's  :doge
All they have to show for this year is a legal battle about the Activision Blizzard take-over.

It is mostly a PlayStation show so far with God of War taking home many awards and big PlayStation 5 exclusives like Death Stranding 2.
However Nintendo has quite a strong presence too, Mario + Rabbids winning the strategy award, Splatoon 3 beating out COD for the multiplayer award and the announcement of a new Bayonetta spin-off.
As well as Zelda being the most anticipated game and some random Fire Emblem.

At one point Microsoft announced their next gen console at the Game Awards but now it's a PlayStation show.
Are games like Forza is such a dire state that they can't cut a 1 minute trailer of some gameplay?  :lol
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #31903 on: December 11, 2022, 07:01:03 AM »

I want all of that to be true. Sadly, I'm not sure it's not.

The trans lady they got to pick up the distinguished mentally-challenged fellow award.

Bill Clinton getting a shoutout.

Some good stuff in here.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31904 on: December 11, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »
TFW you know the woman next to you is celebrating her upcoming promotion because you got the company into big legal trouble and Kojima is about to fuck you over too

TFW you keep picking up other peoples awards even though all the bois at EA told you it was a stupid career move

TFW your translator finds out live on stage you've spend the Microsoft money hat on a suit and a PlayStation 5 exclusive instead of actually developing their game
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31905 on: December 11, 2022, 06:19:20 PM »
Geoff is gonna kill that kid in his sleep  :lol
🤴

Tasty

« Reply #31906 on: December 11, 2022, 07:58:57 PM »
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 08:03:45 PM by Tasty »

Tasty

« Reply #31907 on: December 11, 2022, 08:04:07 PM »
Also I'm in a mecha mood, is Daemon X Machina good for scratching that itch?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #31908 on: December 11, 2022, 10:11:16 PM »
Can someone take these distinguished mentally-challenged fellows to buy some good black leather shoes please?
Spud

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #31909 on: December 12, 2022, 03:17:03 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

More like "don't put me on camera for fuck's sake, I got nothing to show."

My favourite newest excuse is "they want to keep a low profile because of the AB acquisition being under so much scrutiny" :dead

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31910 on: December 12, 2022, 08:08:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1601195202030411776

:miyamoto
Nintendo finally figured out that if they keep making games for their system or contract other studios to do so they don't drop off a cliff within 2 years time. :pika

PS5 / Xbox Series feels like that it is just getting started with the first actual next-gen Need for Speed and games like Forza, Tomb Raider, Street Fighter and Tekken announced.
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #31911 on: December 12, 2022, 08:33:43 AM »
https://twitter.com/Tolkoto/status/1601195202030411776

:miyamoto
Nintendo finally figured out that if they keep making games for their system or contract other studios to do so they don't drop off a cliff within 2 years time. :pika

They mostly found out they can phone it in for their braindead fanbase, with quasi-techdemos that have less than half the content of 20 year old projects (Mario Strikers), or actually have even less content than a 2006 techdemo (Switch Sports), look like they were made in a bad gamejam (Pokemon), or offer no new features apart from swapped out NPCs in the ingame stores (Splatoon).  :brain  No wonder it's Dorrito approved.

I gotta give it to Geoff though, excluding the actual award cringefest, he finally got his wish and had his own press conference with game announcements people actually care about. But 2023 in general seems like it will be one of the better gaming years, maybe the best since 2017.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 09:19:19 AM by paprikastaude »

Beezy

« Reply #31912 on: December 12, 2022, 09:27:42 AM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #31913 on: December 12, 2022, 09:28:40 AM »
The release schedule just keeps getting more packed, for oldschool weebs anyway. Now there also is Armored Core with modern FROM budget and sensibilities  :titus

Svejk

« Reply #31914 on: December 12, 2022, 01:19:26 PM »
Year's not over yet!  Witcher 3 Complete Edition getting top scores.  Still may be the RPG of the Year.  :success Sorry, Elden Rang.  :yeshrug

Can't wait to start my NG+ this weekend.  :lawd

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #31915 on: December 12, 2022, 02:18:13 PM »
Wait, sites are reviewing a patch? :comeon
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #31916 on: December 12, 2022, 02:39:31 PM »
Added various mods and mod-inspired content to the game to improve visuals and overall game quality. We've included some community-made favorites in addition to our own modifications in areas such as environment and cutscene improvements, realistic pavements, and many decoration upgrades.
Community-made and community-inspired mods include:
The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project
by HalkHogan
HD Monsters Reworked
by Denroth
Immersive Real-time Cutscenes
by teiji25
Nitpicker's Patch
by chuckcash
World Map Fixes
by Terg500

They even included various mods.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #31917 on: December 12, 2022, 03:10:34 PM »
I should play Witcher 2/3 one of these days...

Very much enjoyed Witcher 1 and 3 seems like it's in a great place now. Wanna play 2 first though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #31918 on: December 12, 2022, 03:18:09 PM »
https://www.gematsu.com/2022/12/esrb-rates-final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-series-for-ps4-switch

The Entertainment Software Rating Board has rated the Pixel Remaster versions of Final Fantasy I, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, Final Fantasy IV, Final Fantasy V, and Final Fantasy VI for PlayStation 4 and Switch.
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #31919 on: December 12, 2022, 03:37:39 PM »
rip xbox
©@©™