Author Topic: Random Gaming Talk Thread  (Read 3053825 times)

Bebpo

Re: Random Gaming Talk Thread
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:49 AM »
I still need to play the 2nd one.  Liked the demo and enjoyed the 1st game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2010, 05:42:36 AM »
KOF XIII is about to be unveiled.  Mai is already confirmed as returning.

ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2010, 05:45:42 AM »
Was that even up for question?  The most important female character in the KoF franchise who was mysteriously missing from XII and mentioned to be missing in every review of the game from every site.

...yeah, I think it was a given she was going to be in XIII :P

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2010, 05:47:19 AM »
I think it would be better if this thread and the What Are You Playing one to just get merged into one "random gaming thoughts" thread.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2010, 05:47:39 AM »
Anybody want to play Desperate Escape with me right now? Got some time to burn. Haven't played it yet.

EDIT: Meant to put this in "What are you playing" but w/e

EDIT2: Goddamnit demi you game-renting ho! Always bagging on people for being dirty poors! GET RE5 SO WE CAN PLAY SOME MOAR :maf

wtf fats. I bought it when it came out. Sorry I dumped it when I had no clue DLC was coming out.
fat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2010, 05:50:32 AM »
I'll play with you, Startselect.   :)

I think it would be better if this thread and the What Are You Playing one to just get merged into one "random gaming thoughts" thread.

Too much.  This thread is good for making game-related posts that people don't feel need a thread of their own.
ど助平

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2010, 05:51:45 AM »
yeah, I guess.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2010, 05:56:12 AM »
Mai is such a hot bitch :-* Didn't she had a baby with Terry?

The fanboy within is compelled to tell you that Mai has the hots for Andy.  

Was that even up for question?  The most important female character in the KoF franchise who was mysteriously missing from XII and mentioned to be missing in every review of the game from every site.

...yeah, I think it was a given she was going to be in XIII :P

Was it even up for question with XII?  And look how that turned out.   :P  Although Mai wasn't in KOF XI (arcade) either.  The home version just added in the NGBC version.  The big female character in KOF is Athena, BTW.

What's weird is that a big preview event for KOF XII had a bunch of girls dressed as Mai all over the place.  You'd think that would have been a sign that the character was in the game.  Anyway, Mai's in.  Great, whatever.  I want some assurance that this game is going to be good finished this time around.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2010, 07:05:38 AM »
Yes it was Andy I forgot, Terry Bogard is his brother right? Mai and Andy even have an opening in some battle where Andy holds the baby IIRC :lol

Yup. 

It's in KOF '99.  Skip to around 1:24 in this video.

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

ど助平

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
See Dead Space 2 for the First Time Live
Dead Space PAX East Panel, "Creating a World of Horror in Games," live over the interwebs at 1pm EST this Saturday, March 27th.

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/Dead_Space_2/6133.html
cat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2010, 07:10:25 AM »
More on KOF XIII:

http://www.versuscity.net/
Update: Yuri and King have also been confirmed at the press conference, with 6 new characters and one new team in total for this new iteration of the series.
ど助平

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
2K Games has announced that Mafia II is due out for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on 24th August in the US and 27th August in Europe.

8)
cat

Bebpo

« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
More on KOF XIII:

http://www.versuscity.net/
Update: Yuri and King have also been confirmed at the press conference, with 6 new characters and one new team in total for this new iteration of the series.

Pathetic.  Even SSFIV had 10 new characters.  And you know they're gonna charge a full $60 for this in the US.

SSFIV >> KoFXIII >> BB CS

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2010, 02:11:50 PM »
It's going to be nine new characters. They are doing a shitload of changes for the better. I'll post all the details later. Sounding very promising now. We'll know from the loke test soon. Oh and they ditched the zoom!  I think it's a no brainer that the game will end making up for XII's massive failure, but online is still a concern. This is all arcade stuff being shown.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:14:09 PM by Good Day Sir »
ど助平

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Anybody want to play Desperate Escape with me right now? Got some time to burn. Haven't played it yet.

EDIT2: Goddamnit demi you game-renting ho! Always bagging on people for being dirty poors! GET RE5 SO WE CAN PLAY SOME MOAR :maf

wtf fats. I bought it when it came out. Sorry I dumped it when I had no clue DLC was coming out.

I thought "sent it back" was a GameFly term. ANUS HOG.

And sorry I wasn't on last night Lyte, I had to go.
SRY

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
Geoff Keighley has just said on twitter that Microsoft are planning to have 2 seperate E3 presentations this year. One for Natal, aimed at all people. One for the Xbox 360, aimed at people aged 18+.

The Natal show will be on Sunday Night, June 13th. The Xbox 360 show on Monday Morning, JUne 14th. It is also very likely that no M rated Natal games will be shown.

"Xbox just sent out a save the date for _TWO_ E3 press conferences. Natal on Sunday night, June 13. 360 on Mon Morning, June 14."

"Most interesting: Natal briefing is for "all ages," the 360 briefing is for "18+." Guess that means no M-rated Natal games...."

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »
Geoff Keighley has just said on twitter that Microsoft are planning to have 2 seperate E3 presentations this year. One for Natal, aimed at all people. One for the Xbox 360, aimed at people aged 18+.

The Natal show will be on Sunday Night, June 13th. The Xbox 360 show on Monday Morning, JUne 14th. It is also very likely that no M rated Natal games will be shown.

"Xbox just sent out a save the date for _TWO_ E3 press conferences. Natal on Sunday night, June 13. 360 on Mon Morning, June 14."

"Most interesting: Natal briefing is for "all ages," the 360 briefing is for "18+." Guess that means no M-rated Natal games...."

lol, over 18? why? titties?
SRY

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2010, 06:23:18 PM »
Gamestop has BlazBlue: Continuum Shift up for pre-order for $39.99 with a July 20th release date. Glad to see they are going with a reduced price like SSF4. Good time to be a fighting game fan!
BiSH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2010, 06:24:30 PM »

I thought "sent it back" was a GameFly term. ANUS HOG.

And sorry I wasn't on last night Lyte, I had to go.

I did GameFly it. I wasn't re-buying the game for $10 DLC
fat

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
anybody know if Stranger's Wrath is backwards compatible on the 360?
SRY

Bebpo

« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2010, 09:51:39 PM »
anybody know if Stranger's Wrath is backwards compatible on the 360?

I'm pretty sure it's not.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2010, 09:53:06 PM »
shit.
SRY

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2010, 11:47:11 PM »
The hot rumor coming out of PAX East is that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will announce their first big move with their Midway IP acquisition from last year.

An Xbox Live Arcade port of Hydro Thunder.

http://kotaku.com/5502393/hydro-thunder-for-xbox-live-making-surprise-appearance-at-pax

:hyper

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2010, 11:56:45 PM »
Awesome, will probably buy. But am I the only one who liked Arctic Thunder more? I never see anyone mention it, it's always all about Hydro...
BiSH

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:44 AM »
Awesome, will probably buy. But am I the only one who liked Arctic Thunder more? I never see anyone mention it, it's always all about Hydro...
Yes, you're the only one.  ;)

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:43 AM »
 :fbm
BiSH

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »
Leaked game release date list,UK retailer GAME

Remember to take these dates with a pinch of salt, obviously. Things move.

* Band Hero 2 – October
    * Brink – September
    * Call of Duty 7 – October
    * Crysis 2 – September 24
    * Fallout: New Vegas – October
    * Guitar Hero 6 – September
    * Lego: Harry Potter: Years 1 – 4 – May 28
    * Singularity – June 28

Full lists,here

http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/26/game-retail-list-outs-james-bond-racing-new-vegas-and-cod7-for-october-more/

Haze is also on that list,although SKU number is significantly lower than the rest.

They also have
The Witcher:Rise of the White Wolf.............Namco Bandai...........01-Oct-10

Hmm...save importing
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 12:11:50 PM by maxy »
cat

cool breeze

« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »
Singularity is coming out a good time, I think.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »

Xbox 360 USB Hard Drive Support Confirmed
System update coming this April.
by Jim Reilly

March 26, 2010 - Microsoft has confirmed the Xbox 360 will be receiving USB hard drive support in a system update available on April 6. As detailed in a leaked report from last week, the update allows users to store "profiles, game saves, demos and more," according to the announcement.

Once the update is installed, you'll be allowed to insert any USB hard drive into the console, however, the drive must first be configured. The system will then conduct a one time "performance and integrity check" to confirm the drive is working properly.

Users can then set how much space they want to use on the drive, but only up to 16GB each. The remaining space can be accessible by your PC or Mac computer. USB flash drives are also compatible with this update, which Microsoft's Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb suggests you use instead of a standard hard disk drive.

"I highly recommend using flash based instead of spinning media like a hard drive…it's just going to give you a MUCH better experience," he said.

Users can connect up to two drives at one time, allowing for a total of 32GB, and drive configuration must be done manually through the menu. It will not be automatic. The two options are: "Configure Now (Format and Configure the Full Device), or Customize (you can choose how much memory you want configured for Xbox 360 from the free space on the device.)"

Microsoft is also partnering with SanDisk to release a Xbox 360 branded flash drive in May that comes pre-configured. Check the gallery to see an assortment of new menu screenshots.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1079965p1.html

Beezy

« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:15 PM »
The hot rumor coming out of PAX East is that Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will announce their first big move with their Midway IP acquisition from last year.

An Xbox Live Arcade port of Hydro Thunder.

http://kotaku.com/5502393/hydro-thunder-for-xbox-live-making-surprise-appearance-at-pax

:hyper
MINE

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #390 on: March 26, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »
Bioware has countdown clock on each Bioware page-5 days 20 hours left

Chris Priestly wrote...

Hmm.. seems to be a countdown clock on each BioWare page. Main site, Mass Effect, Dragon Age....

... must be something cool coming.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/

Hmm,what could it be?
Update,we now know what it is

Countdown to an Epic BioWare Community Event.
cat

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »
Soooo...probably having to do with the kotor mmorpg?
WDW

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
How are the controls on the Xbox Mass Effect games? I've only played the PC versions but I think I'm gonna do it over on 360 and get ME3 for that instead of my PC because fuck PC gaming and it's endless problems.
SRY

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
Well, Hydro Thunder XBLA is actually a sequel. And apparently Microsoft picked up the IP rights from Midway, too.

http://kotaku.com/5503102/hydro-thunder-hurricane-impressions-bouncy

Looks hawt for a downloadable title. Do want.  :-*

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #394 on: March 27, 2010, 12:26:21 AM »
Looks pretty good in motion.
[youtube=560,345]1R_7REzHjCQ[/youtube]

Bebpo

« Reply #395 on: March 27, 2010, 12:42:37 AM »
I was checking the PSN store and I saw Sony is charging $6 for a documentary on the making of GoW3...good luck selling behind the scenes features as add-ons!  :yuck

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #396 on: March 27, 2010, 05:45:19 AM »
How are the controls on the Xbox Mass Effect games? I've only played the PC versions but I think I'm gonna do it over on 360 and get ME3 for that instead of my PC because fuck PC gaming and it's endless problems.
Controls are great.
cat

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #397 on: March 27, 2010, 08:30:23 AM »
Controls are great.

Yup.
PS4

cool breeze

« Reply #398 on: March 27, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »

assuming you're adept with the 360 controller, ME1 controls slightly better on PC because of the quick bar and command options and a lot better with the Mako, but the broken parts like the cover system are the same on each.  ME1 on PC just has some improves because it came out a while after ME1 on the 360.  ME2 controls really great on the 360 and PC

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #399 on: March 27, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
Cool cool, will buy again, ME2 is like dirt cheap now, can get 1+2 for ~$60
SRY

Himu

« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2010, 02:29:55 PM »
Well, Hydro Thunder XBLA is actually a sequel. And apparently Microsoft picked up the IP rights from Midway, too.

http://kotaku.com/5503102/hydro-thunder-hurricane-impressions-bouncy

Looks hawt for a downloadable title. Do want.  :-*

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh man.
IYKYK

archie4208

« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2010, 02:55:21 PM »
Is anyone else addicted to buying cheap games?  I have probably spent over 100 dollars in the past few months just due to Steam sales and the funny thing is I can't run a good number of the games I bought because my computer is so old. :lol

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2010, 02:59:15 PM »
Is anyone else addicted to buying cheap games?  I have probably spent over 100 dollars in the past few months just due to Steam sales and the funny thing is I can't run a good number of the games I bought because my computer is so old. :lol

Yes. I love buying cheap games. I went so crazy during the Steam holiday sale that it's hard for me to imagine spending more than $40 on less than two games.

I used to complain about this gen's pricing, but really new titles drop in price so fast it isn't even an issue.
SRY

cool breeze

« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2010, 05:08:16 PM »
On red dead redemption:

Originally Posted by Playstation The Official Magazine, May 2010 Lord of the Rings War in the North cover:
"Seriously, who'd have thought that something as dry as a game lobby could be exciting? Leave it to Rockstar to prove us all wrong. The Grand Theft Auto developer recently unveiled the oft rumoured but never confirmed, multiplayer portion of its next open-world saga, Red Dead Redemption -- and the lobby might be the game's most exciting element. Why? Because it's practically a Wild West MMORPG.

The lobby is a fully playable version of the entire game world that's populated with both random CPU characters and live gamers -- though the numbers will never approach World of Warcraft levels. In our visit, we created a "posse" with friends and roamed freely about the map, engaging in activities from hunting wild animals to hunting other gamers. There are even ad hoc missions (like besieging a desert ranch filled with bandits) that feel a lot like raids. Whether running from the sheriff or shooting wildlife in the desert, everything we do can net us experience points which are used to customize our appearance and upgrade our horse, weapons, and "title". There are also new multiplayer modes to unlock like the standard 16-player deathmatch and a team-based "capture the bag" (both of which start with a spectacular face-to-face quick-draw duel). But. to be honest, we didn't spend a lot of time with those other modes, because we couldn't pry ourselves away from the lobby!"

Picture 1: Two players on a horse-drawn carriage. "The lobby is like a limit-free version of GTA IV's free roam mode set against a brilliantly atmospheric Wild West backdrop."

Picture 2: Player as Sheriff, points gun at camera; another player waits to shot him in the back. "Once we joined a party-- er, "posse" -- we were in constant communication with teammates."

Picture 3: 3 on 5 Gunfight near the wreckage of an abandoned church in the desert. "Anyone can travel to any point on the map (including building interiors), regardless of the location of lobby visitors.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #404 on: March 27, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »
not to be a negative nancy, but that feature screams "good on paper, catastrophic in practice".
SRY

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2010, 07:49:35 PM »

I love buying cheap games that I actually own. Paying for data  ???

Just bought a bundle from Positive Touch when he posted his list the other day.
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2010, 08:00:49 PM »
Gametrailers Invisible Walls 100

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/episode-100-invisible-walls/63726

-Marcus Beer is back...now PR for Ignition Entertainment(Deadly Premonition publisher)

-ME2 hyping

-Heavy Rain bashing

-talk starts at about 15 min or so
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 08:04:07 PM by maxy »
cat

archie4208

« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
Is there any chance of the Wizardry games showing up on GOG?  I have no clue who owns the license.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #408 on: March 27, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »
DOA Paradise leaked.
ど助平

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #409 on: March 28, 2010, 03:17:41 AM »
I love buying cheap games that I actually own. Paying for data  ???

Just bought a bundle from Positive Touch when he posted his list the other day.

:bow demi, true king of kings :bow2

i fully encourage other people to give me your monies
pcp

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #410 on: March 28, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »
Hydro Thunder?  I'm down.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 Omits Hub World In Favor Of Traditional World Map

We first speculated  on it last month, but now it's confirmed: Super Mario Galaxy 2 will abandon the hub worlds featured in the plumber's other 3D adventures in favor of a traditional world map. Shigeru Miyamoto explains, "You can think of it in terms of something similar to Super Mario World or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, where you will have a rather convenient map to navigate."

He continues, "We want players to focus on the joy of the action instead of getting to each game course. We wanted to make it as accessible as possible and as easy as possible for the players. Also because we’re going to incorporate a number of different stars and conquering all the stars is going to be one of the most challenging missions for the player, we want them to understand as easy as possible where they should go next and which places they should go back to in order to get access to the remaining stars."

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/03/22/mario-galaxy-2-map.aspx

How did I miss this?  This sounds awesome.  The hub worlds are pretty overrated and I'm not impressed when they try to stash a star (or shine) or two in the hub world.  Just let me get to the levels sans bullshit.
🍆🍆

magus

• LIKES FF7
<----

ferrarimanf355

« Reply #412 on: March 28, 2010, 02:49:36 PM »

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
« Reply #413 on: March 28, 2010, 09:09:58 PM »
うぐう

archie4208

« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2010, 03:23:44 AM »
How does the OG Persona hold up?  I plan to get a PSP soonish and I was thinking about buying that game since it is only 18 dollars at Amazon.

Bebpo

« Reply #415 on: March 29, 2010, 03:25:20 AM »
It's pretty bad.  Everything except the gameplay is fine, but the gameplay is terrible and has no balance.  You can basically mash O for most of the game and then I hear it gets really hard.  I dropped it before that point.  It's nothing like a PS2-gen on megaten game in gameplay.

For $18 it might be worth it to play for a few hours for the music and to get a feel for it.  The music is good like P3/P4 if you like that style of vocal pop.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #416 on: March 29, 2010, 04:04:47 AM »
How does the OG Persona hold up?  I plan to get a PSP soonish and I was thinking about buying that game since it is only 18 dollars at Amazon.

It's amazing. The music is so good. I love it. PSP version is garbage. Support real Persona, not Himusona.
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #417 on: March 29, 2010, 01:28:18 PM »
Bioware countdown has ended

To show our appreciation of fan support and to celebrate the 15th anniversary of BioWare, we have created the BioWare Bazaar – a week-long series of mock online auctions beginning April 6th that will feature over 400 items ranging from custom painted PC's, Alienware laptops, BioWare apparel and more!

To bid on these items, fans will need to collect tokens through various challenges. The first auction begins at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, April 6th, with new items being made available every 15 minutes, ending 4 PM PST Saturday, April 10th. So tell your friends, start collecting tokens, and get ready to win some amazing prizes! For more information on token collection visit the My Tokens page.

http://social.bioware.com/bazaar
cat

Stoney Mason

« Reply #418 on: March 29, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
Bioware countdown has ended

To show our appreciation of fan support and to celebrate the 15th anniversary of BioWare, we have created the BioWare Bazaar – a week-long series of mock online auctions beginning April 6th that will feature over 400 items ranging from custom painted PC's, Alienware laptops, BioWare apparel and more!

To bid on these items, fans will need to collect tokens through various challenges. The first auction begins at 9 AM PST on Tuesday, April 6th, with new items being made available every 15 minutes, ending 4 PM PST Saturday, April 10th. So tell your friends, start collecting tokens, and get ready to win some amazing prizes! For more information on token collection visit the My Tokens page.

http://social.bioware.com/bazaar

snore

Rman

« Reply #419 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »
It's pretty bad.  Everything except the gameplay is fine, but the gameplay is terrible and has no balance.  You can basically mash O for most of the game and then I hear it gets really hard.  I dropped it before that point.  It's nothing like a PS2-gen on megaten game in gameplay.

For $18 it might be worth it to play for a few hours for the music and to get a feel for it.  The music is good like P3/P4 if you like that style of vocal pop.
I heard it bombed hard.  Hopefully, we get Persona 2 PSP in the States if that's ever announced.  I would think that P4P would be announced before any Persona 2 PSP remake.