Author Topic: Angry White People Post On Evilbore  (Read 16406 times)

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Re: Angry White People Post On Evilbore
« Reply #181 on: April 17, 2010, 01:59:01 AM »
:lol

Cheebs

• How's my posting? Call 1-866-MAF-BANS to report flame bait.
« Reply #182 on: April 17, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
I need to try out BK's cup of noodles next time I go there.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #183 on: April 17, 2010, 02:00:31 AM »
Pretty sure he snuck that into the BK, ghetto style.
PS4

Cheebs

« Reply #184 on: April 17, 2010, 02:02:54 AM »
I think we found out how to end all wars now at least. Bring pictures of high/drunk bk beast shake poorly photoshopped onto other images.

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #185 on: April 17, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »
I love how that cup o noodles is as big as his head.  More like pot o noodles. 

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #186 on: April 17, 2010, 02:04:28 AM »
Shake really did die for our sins.
PS4

« Reply #187 on: April 17, 2010, 02:05:31 AM »
I'm putting out a book of these this summer :bow

:shh

Cheebs

« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2010, 02:05:55 AM »
 :lol :lol :lol

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2010, 02:09:24 AM »
:rofl
PS4

« Reply #190 on: April 17, 2010, 02:11:32 AM »

Last one, I promise :spin

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #191 on: April 17, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »
I know I'm late on this, but do you do the estimated payment plan Eel? I learned that when I paid my huge tax sum one year. Someone suggested it, now I'm throwing payments at the IRS to keep them at bay, giving more when JESUS decides to grace me with extra funds. I was told this by someone who works for themself - "Never pay all at once. Everyone who is in this industry does payments." You can pay as low as $50/mo even
fat

Cheebs

« Reply #192 on: April 17, 2010, 02:12:14 AM »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:15:14 AM by Cheebs »

« Reply #193 on: April 17, 2010, 02:19:32 AM »
I don't even remember that :lol

spoiler (click to show/hide)

I can't help myself. feelin' too sexxy.
[close]

Cheebs

« Reply #194 on: April 17, 2010, 02:22:00 AM »
I don't even remember that :lol

I can't help myself. feelin' too sexxy.
[close]
That is both amazing and horrible. I can only sum it up my feelings in one image of yours:

Make that two:
[close]

« Reply #195 on: April 17, 2010, 02:24:11 AM »
Wow, THREE different threads for Grindhouse? WTF? :rofl

Cheebs

« Reply #196 on: April 17, 2010, 02:25:31 AM »
First one had 111 posts, a forum of like 3 people.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #197 on: April 17, 2010, 02:31:16 AM »
Do you keep all that shit in a file somewhere? omg :rofl
PS4

« Reply #198 on: April 17, 2010, 02:33:58 AM »
It's all on my photobucket account, along with like 70 pictures of Tarantino we used :rofl

Also this thread has successfully been salvaged. All in a good day's work, gents :bow
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 02:36:13 AM by The Dark Shake 3000 »

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #199 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:00 AM »
Post the picture of him looking all fucked up and suckin' on some toes.
PS4

Cheebs

« Reply #200 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:34 AM »

« Reply #201 on: April 17, 2010, 02:36:59 AM »
Post the picture of him looking all fucked up and suckin' on some toes.

This?

Cheebs

« Reply #202 on: April 17, 2010, 02:38:13 AM »
I think Ichi meant this:

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #203 on: April 17, 2010, 02:38:24 AM »
PS4

« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2010, 02:38:32 AM »
Omg sad penis :bow

Cheebs

« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2010, 02:39:52 AM »
Ichi is your last name really Yourafaggy?  :o

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2010, 02:41:09 AM »
Yes, I'm a secret muslim.
PS4

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2010, 03:14:21 AM »
Cheebs: The bill is not perfect. The fact that it helps you and people you know doesn't mean it's perfect for everyone else, especially considering your privileged life situation. That's not a knock on your but come the fuck on: your dad is very well off, he got you an internship, Obama got you a job apparently, etc. Eel is in a tough situation like many folks, and has actually done the homework and found out the bill will not help him as much as other people. You've sounded pretty cold/uncaring throughout this thread

Willco: The bill is better than a status quo, and you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would disagree with the fact that democrats threw nearly every cost bending idea into the bill, except the public option of course. The CBO numbers speak for themselves. I notice you make the same criticism of the bill in every discussion of it, but it's simply not true.

The bill is going to help me, but then again I'm like Cheebs in terms of being in a privileged situation. It doesn't have some of the stuff I wanted like a public option, but there are a lot of good things in the bill and it's going to benefit a lot of people. Yes, it's better than the status quo. It's a start, and it's going to be improved over the years, and may even have a public option in a decade or so.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2010, 03:39:48 AM »
Yeah, his taxes sound ridiculously high for his income. Maybe have someone help you with writing more things off for the business?

It's because he's self-employed. You pay a higher percentage in taxes when you're  self-employed in comparison to people "on the books". Eel's numbers look almost identical to mine, but I got off easier this year since I'm a full time student but last year I paid about the same as him.
CBG

etiolate

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2010, 04:52:18 AM »
You guys don't know me.  I've had a hard life.  Once I was so sick I had to spend time in a hospital that my parents could afford.

I am using this to tell a sad yet cool story.

I got extremely sick when I hit puberty, and I had seen multiple doctors before one of them diagnosed me with diabetes(I pretty much missed all of junior high with illness/hospitals) and tried to hospitalize me for treatment. I didn't like the doctor that did this, he had no bedside manner and treated patients like part of his research and credentials. Total ass. But being only 13, I still had a pediatrician, and it was the pediatrician who got me into the hospital. At that point there was a big fight between the hospital and my health care provider(big surprise) and the hospital and provider were both cock blocking each other from getting to bill or getting money. So, the hospital charges were going to go straight to my mother or the hospital was going to kick me out mid-treatment. My pediatrician stepped in and basically organized an agreement between both sides by his own moxy and persistence. This was sort of landmark for getting the two sides to work together and he did it just for my care.

His wife also was the doctor who delivered my sister. Their family was rather tied to mine. He ended up being one of the biggest pediatricians in the city and my sister and I were among his first patients. Thus the loyalty.

Unfortunately, years later we were watching the news and saw a plane crash. It was a small personal plane, and then they ran the names at the bottom, it was him and his wife. They were flying and the plane faulted, lost control and flew into the Napa Valley hillside. The had two kids, but hadn't set up a will for them. Due to his popularity, a trust fund was made, but the kids were without immediate family in the area as he was an Irish immigrant.

It was just a weird, horrid, fucked up thing that happened to someone that was genuinely good. I am not sure what the point of this story is, other than that the patient(I) was forgotten as business sides of health care fought over money, and it took a headstrong doctor to bitchslap them into submission. My mother wouldn't have been able to afford what it would have cost to treat me. He basically kept us out of falling into poverty.

« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2010, 05:13:00 AM »
So what, you think health care reform is good? Why are you being such an asshole? Can't you tell other people don't agree with you?

Sorry, Eel :'(

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2010, 05:22:11 AM »
Dare I say it...annihilated? :lol

But seriously, enough about Eel's money woes. This is a thread about Tea Partyers and Quentin Tarantino's disturbing foot fetish, damn it!

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2010, 06:42:43 AM »
I know I'm late on this, but do you do the estimated payment plan Eel? I learned that when I paid my huge tax sum one year. Someone suggested it, now I'm throwing payments at the IRS to keep them at bay, giving more when JESUS decides to grace me with extra funds. I was told this by someone who works for themself - "Never pay all at once. Everyone who is in this industry does payments." You can pay as low as $50/mo even

I guess I could do a little bit of that, depending.  The main reason that I hesitate to do so and just pay in a lump is that what I earn fluctuates wildly throughout certain parts of the year.  I make a good 70% of my yearly income from the months of May-August.  The worst months are Dec-Feb, so I have to plan ahead with any savings from the Summer to float me through those months.  Last year was especially weird, and it stayed pretty dead around here until July, when I got slammed for two months.  I had to hire a friend for a couple of weeks to catch up, which ended up working out well for him since he was out of work at the time, and it helped me out, but I would have rather had the money considering the year as a whole sucked.  After August it flattened out again, even worse than usual.  Right now I never really know what's coming from month to month.
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2010, 06:56:55 AM »
That's also how I got personally clued in as to how bad the economy is/was.  The apartment complex I contract out to has a dozen empties sitting there right now, all painted/maintenanced/cleaned and ready to go.  People aren't moving, and when they're trying their credit sucks and the application goes on top of the huge reject pile the leasing girl has in a box underneath her desk.

also, believe it or not i used to be just like shake and cheebs

and then the second year i was in business i got my first vaguely threatening letter from the irs and thought "wait a fuckin' minute, you want more?!?!?"

Anyway, according to established thread rules maybe when I get cancer from breathing in paint dust for a dozen years and still don't have health care I'll have met the criteria and get a couple of protest signs thrown my way :lol
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:08:29 AM by Eel O'Brian »
sup

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2010, 08:32:30 AM »
i used to be just like shake and cheebs

:o
PS4

pollo

« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:04 AM »

I guess I could do a little bit of that, depending.  The main reason that I hesitate to do so and just pay in a lump is that what I earn fluctuates wildly throughout certain parts of the year.  I make a good 70% of my yearly income from the months of May-August.  The worst months are Dec-Feb, so I have to plan ahead with any savings from the Summer to float me through those months.  Last year was especially weird, and it stayed pretty dead around here until July, when I got slammed for two months.  I had to hire a friend for a couple of weeks to catch up, which ended up working out well for him since he was out of work at the time, and it helped me out, but I would have rather had the money considering the year as a whole sucked.  After August it flattened out again, even worse than usual.  Right now I never really know what's coming from month to month.

Heh dude, that's why you pay taxes when you have the cash. Ever hear of EFTPS?

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=98005,00.html

This shit is gold nicca, just pay whenever you can! Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, whenever. If you've got more cash in hand at a given moment you should just set aside some of that money to pay to the gov't. This way you don't ever have to pay the gov't more than you have to.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
I heard Cheebs secretly likes the recession because it means shorter wait times at Starbucks  :shh
🍆🍆

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2010, 10:41:43 AM »
Willco: The bill is better than a status quo, and you'd be hard pressed to find many people who would disagree with the fact that democrats threw nearly every cost bending idea into the bill, except the public option of course. The CBO numbers speak for themselves. I notice you make the same criticism of the bill in every discussion of it, but it's simply not true.

The CBO numbers have nothing to do with health care costs; the CBO numbers reiterate it will cut government spending, much of it in the forms of cuts to programs already in existence. Even then, the CBO itself is unsure if all the Medicare savings will come to fruition:

Quote from: CBO
"It is unclear whether such a reduction in the growth rate of [Medicare] spending could be achieved, and if so, whether it would be accomplished through greater efficiencies in the delivery of health care or through reductions in access to care or the quality of care," the agency says in its report.

Way to refute my points by saying, "Well, hey, that's just not true!"

Saying that the Democrats threw in every cost bending idea - which is not true - other than the ones that would, y'know, actually cut costs, shows how little you actually care about the real debate.

The exchange is the only thing that could theoretically cut costs, and a lot of that is in theory. The risk pools could be too small, and without a viable public option, the likelihood is that insurers that operate on profit won't have any incentive to offer low-priced plans on the exchange. The exchange was originally created to force insurers to compete with a federal plan, and that's why it would have worked. That's not the case anymore.

I already linked to the recent report that the industry is already fudging numbers in order to meet federal guidelines, but pad their profit margins. Not to mention that the health care industry saw stock prices surge as the bill passed, showing more confidence by investors that they will continue to make a killing off of us dying.

Like I said, it has a great deal of positive consumer protections loaded within it, but the bill doesn't really address costs. It's a watered down piece of legislation that barely passes as reform, and I believe will put us on a path that will inevitably lead to a single-payer system when everyone realizes, "Hey, wait a minute, this isn't really working."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:44:32 AM by The Fake Shemp »
PSP

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2010, 11:55:31 AM »
I think in Willco and Mandark's mind you're still a first-year college student or something.

It seems that way.

Some here REFUSE to accept I am not some 16 year old kid living in my parents basement.  You may disagree with me, you may think my views are fucking stupid but stop acting like I am a kid who hasn't lived life, you have very little idea of any details of my life. Disagree and mock my views but stop actin like you've lived life and thus are more informed to have views.

I mean it's not like Willco is some wise old career man, he is in his mid-20's living pay check to pay check. Most people over 40 would see him just as much as a  innocent "kid" as shake.

then stop posting like a 16-year-old child
duc

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #220 on: April 17, 2010, 11:57:42 AM »

Heh dude, that's why you pay taxes when you have the cash. Ever hear of EFTPS?

http://www.irs.gov/efile/article/0,,id=98005,00.html

This shit is gold distinguished black fellow, just pay whenever you can! Quarterly, Monthly, Weekly, whenever. If you've got more cash in hand at a given moment you should just set aside some of that money to pay to the gov't. This way you don't ever have to pay the gov't more than you have to.

well, that's what i was saying, i never really know when i'm gonna be shit broke for a month and need to rely on the money from the healthier months
sup

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #221 on: April 17, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »
Some pics my friend took while at the local tea party:

^_^

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #222 on: April 17, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
One
Big
Awful
Mistake
America

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Drunk

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #223 on: April 17, 2010, 12:06:58 PM »
for the record and on-topic, i personally think all that shit is a waste of time and money

if i had the money to travel to washington (or wherever) and hold up a sign like a jackass all day long, i probably wouldn't be complaining at all
sup

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2010, 12:59:53 PM »
One
Big
Awful
Mistake
America

This is probably the only creative sign I've seen.  Its adorable!
sad

« Reply #225 on: April 17, 2010, 01:03:34 PM »
If you guys want to argue about health care, you do realize there's an existing thread? At least tiesto is trying to keep things relevant to the original topic :'(

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #226 on: April 17, 2010, 01:35:22 PM »
I imagine most of us don't keep tabs on the crazies so we can crash their protests.  Nothing to share, sorry ! ^_^!
sad

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #227 on: April 17, 2010, 03:08:50 PM »

The CBO numbers have nothing to do with health care costs; the CBO numbers reiterate it will cut government spending, much of it in the forms of cuts to programs already in existence. Even then, the CBO itself is unsure if all the Medicare savings will come to fruition:

Quote from: CBO
"It is unclear whether such a reduction in the growth rate of [Medicare] spending could be achieved, and if so, whether it would be accomplished through greater efficiencies in the delivery of health care or through reductions in access to care or the quality of care," the agency says in its report.

Way to refute my points by saying, "Well, hey, that's just not true!"

Saying that the Democrats threw in every cost bending idea - which is not true - other than the ones that would, y'know, actually cut costs, shows how little you actually care about the real debate.

The exchange is the only thing that could theoretically cut costs, and a lot of that is in theory. The risk pools could be too small, and without a viable public option, the likelihood is that insurers that operate on profit won't have any incentive to offer low-priced plans on the exchange. The exchange was originally created to force insurers to compete with a federal plan, and that's why it would have worked. That's not the case anymore.

I already linked to the recent report that the industry is already fudging numbers in order to meet federal guidelines, but pad their profit margins. Not to mention that the health care industry saw stock prices surge as the bill passed, showing more confidence by investors that they will continue to make a killing off of us dying.

Like I said, it has a great deal of positive consumer protections loaded within it, but the bill doesn't really address costs. It's a watered down piece of legislation that barely passes as reform, and I believe will put us on a path that will inevitably lead to a single-payer system when everyone realizes, "Hey, wait a minute, this isn't really working."

I get the impression you don't know much about what's in the actual bill, nor did you follow the debate closely. Suggesting the exchanges are the only cost cutting mechanism in the bill is not true. The CBO report was more than a study of the bill's effect on the budget, it also addressed premiums; nearly every iteration of the bill was shown to lower premiums for small businesses and people in small markets, with premiums remaining the same for most upper class individuals.

But in terms of cost cutting measures
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/03/the_five_most_promising_cost_c.html

The bill's basic theory is to try pretty much everything in the hopes that some of it works out. The net effect is to make reform a continuous, rather than occasional, process, with different cost cops patrolling different beats. Insurers will have to work to stay a step ahead of the excise tax because employers won't want to buy plans that trigger it. The industries that provide medical care and technologies will have to hold their costs down because they don't want to become a target for the Medicare Commission. Hospitals will need to make sure they don't spend more than their competitors because they'll lose money under bundling. And if we want to try other things -- a public option, say, or incentives for insurers to abandon fee-for-service -- the exchanges give us an actual structure where we can make changes and test reforms.

The public option is not the only cost cutting measure, and you can argue the exchanges will cut costs more considering they will be available to more people. And of course, states can create their own public options under the bill. It's a Frankenstein of cost cutting attempts.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10781/11-30-Premiums.pdf
(graph on page 6)

This report focuses on the subsidies, so the benefit of the exchanges and other mechanics listed by Klein aren't taken into account, so you're looking at even lower premiums. Also, this report is the evidence used by conservatives to declare the bill raises premiums when in reality

Lamar Alexander and Barack Obama just had a contentious exchange on this point, so it's worth settling the issue: Yes, the CBO found health-care reform would reduce premiums. The issue gets confused because it also found that access to subsidies would encourage people to buy more comprehensive insurance, which would mean that the value of their insurance would be higher after reform than before it. But that's not the same as insurance becoming more expensive: The fact that I could buy a nicer car after getting a better job suggests that cars are becoming pricier. The bottom line is that if you're comparing two plans that are exactly the same, costs go down after reform.

You can find a full rundown of the report here.
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/02/did_the_congressional_budget_o_1.html

Finally an interesting point on rate hikes, something I was worried about. I mean, if so much of the bill goes into effect in later years, what would stop insurers from simply hiking rates now
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/2010/03/will_private_insurers_raise_ra.html

Admission to the exchanges would also serve as a deterrent; try to jack prices, lose admission to pools of customers.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 03:12:55 PM by Phoenix Dark »

Donono

Re: Angry White People vs. The City of New York
« Reply #228 on: April 17, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
obama pussied out on the public option, and single-payer was never even on the table because of everyone squawking SOCIALISM

Seriously.  They need to just revamp Medicare and make it for everyone.

Obama should've just kicked Lieberman right in the fucking nut-sack.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #229 on: April 17, 2010, 04:42:16 PM »
Lieberman's wife is a lobbyist for Aetna. She'd make him sleep on the couch.
©ZH

Cheebs

« Reply #230 on: April 17, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
obama pussied out on the public option, and single-payer was never even on the table because of everyone squawking SOCIALISM

And he wouldn't have gotten it passed congress. They needed Lieberman. They were able to use reconciliation for the fixes but reconciliation could not  be used for the entire package. You can't use reconciliation for any bill you want. There are a lot of restrictions on what type of bills it is allowed to be used for. When you have 60 (now 59) seats and you need at least 60 to get anything meaningful done then you gotta keep Lieberman on board, sucks it does but without him Dems wouldn't have gotten any health care bill passed.

Saying "he pussied out" or "should have kicked lieberman right in the fucking balls" ignores how hard and messy getting bills passed through congress is. The law that is passed is the only law that could have been passed in this congress. Anything more liberal and congress would have crumbled and we would have got nothing. And the bill does far too much good for far too many people despite not going as far as any of us would have liked to pick the status quo over it.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 10:23:12 PM by Cheebs »

Bloodwake

• Legend in his own mind
« Reply #231 on: April 17, 2010, 10:47:27 PM »
Eel, sorry dude. Sounds like you are getting assfucked by the government.

And I was pissed because I owed the government five bucks for back taxes this year. Heh. Puts things in perspective.
HLR

Cheebs

« Reply #232 on: April 18, 2010, 12:47:21 AM »
FDR would spit in your face.
FDR had far larger congressional majorities.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #233 on: April 18, 2010, 02:23:17 AM »

And he wouldn't have gotten it passed congress. They needed Lieberman. They were able to use reconciliation for the fixes but reconciliation could not  be used for the entire package. You can't use reconciliation for any bill you want. There are a lot of restrictions on what type of bills it is allowed to be used for. When you have 60 (now 59) seats and you need at least 60 to get anything meaningful done then you gotta keep Lieberman on board, sucks it does but without him Dems wouldn't have gotten any health care bill passed.

Saying "he pussied out" or "should have kicked lieberman right in the fucking balls" ignores how hard and messy getting bills passed through congress is. The law that is passed is the only law that could have been passed in this congress. Anything more liberal and congress would have crumbled and we would have got nothing. And the bill does far too much good for far too many people despite not going as far as any of us would have liked to pick the status quo over it.

Sorry, Obama and senate democrats can't be given a pass for the public option failing. The senate leadership said many times that they had 50 votes for a public option, but not 60; this of course was before the Scott Brown election. Once reconciliation was on the table, and the public option actually seemed attainable, democrat leadership folded. All of a sudden Durdin didn't have the votes, Rockerfeller declared he wouldn't support one, Obama actively began campaigning against it, etc.

IMO by the end of the process the public options on the table were so weak they weren't worth the hype, and the exchanges were more effective. I'm more annoyed dems used it to whip up the base, and fled the second it actually came within reach.

Cheebs

« Reply #234 on: April 18, 2010, 09:36:39 AM »
I think liberals go to to obsessed with the public option. They seemed to grasp onto it like it was true single payer, it really wouldn't have changed the bill THAT much. It would have been nice and an improvement but it was not worth risking the bill over. It was no single payer. If Harry Reid thought it would have without a doubt passed he would have put it in the final package and the bill barely passed as is with out it, he was a supporter of the public option remember.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:39:21 AM by Cheebs »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
Durbin and others said they had 50 votes, and a junior senator passed around a public option support letter that got nearly 40 signatures. Democrats made a calculated moved to kill it, and they were given cover by Obama's initial silence then his remarks at rallies that claimed the public option wasn't a good idea. I think it's pretty clear that the WH didn't want a public option, nor did many top senators who had once championed it.

The bill allows states to create their own public options though, and the infrastructure is in place to create a national one later. I can see it happening in a decade

Cheebs

« Reply #236 on: April 18, 2010, 06:05:52 PM »
Durbin and others said they had 50 votes, and a junior senator passed around a public option support letter that got nearly 40 signatures. Democrats made a calculated moved to kill it, and they were given cover by Obama's initial silence then his remarks at rallies that claimed the public option wasn't a good idea. I think it's pretty clear that the WH didn't want a public option, nor did many top senators who had once championed it.

The bill allows states to create their own public options though, and the infrastructure is in place to create a national one later. I can see it happening in a decade
Yep, this bill is far from the end but it was a very important first step. Social Security was improved after passage, same will be the same with this.

Ichirou

• Merry Christmas
« Reply #237 on: April 18, 2010, 10:33:38 PM »
You guys have both made some excellent points.  I'm still waiting for Willco's rebuttal.
PS4

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
One
Big
Awful
Mistake
America

One