Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 188128 times)

tale

Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
I think he might mean the Wetlands.

PD - Never trust Night-Elves.  Generally the worst players are night-elves - in my personal experience. When I'm playing Horde PvP I'm always ganked by bloody Night Elf hunters  :( :( :(, and in a couple of weeks the worst players will be Blood Elves too.

The lag thing might be something to do with the servers being backed up while they are live - it's a new thing they are trying so that people can play 24/7 (the servers used to shut down every Tuesday morning for maintenance and back-up).  If you have less than a 1 gig of memory in your computer, that might be part of the lag problem too.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #121 on: December 30, 2006, 01:00:58 AM »
Today was an entire debacle. I died just as much it seemed, if not more. It's clear that I'm going to either need a priest to back me up or a shit ton of potions. Ugh

I'm level 15 and I'm struggling against level 13-16 trogg shamans/seers/Bonecrushers. I can beat them one on one, but the ones I need to kill (Bonecrushers) are always in a group; I simply can't take them alone. I've begged people to help me, even going out of my way to help them finish their own quests. Alas, Goinio is now seen as the Dwarve Jesus: I save everyone but these bastards don't give a shit about me.

I formed groups with around 5 different people; in the process I helped them finish all their quests, but no one seems interested in helping me. And when they do help we get assraped due to their stupidity. I grouped with this rogue human and he just sat back and watched me die on two occassions straight :lol

Oh well. I'll try again tonight. The only good thing is that I'm gaining alot of XP

Himu

« Reply #122 on: December 30, 2006, 01:03:09 AM »
PD to turn into non gamer. Mmorpg players stop buying consoles and other games. So long buddy lol
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #123 on: December 30, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »
PD: yeah the fine art of pulling and learning mob aggro ranges will come in time lol.

Thats nothing tho, I was in this PUG in stockades that had the mage pulling. I mean thats cool, but the mage was pulling by INCHING TOWARDS MOBS till they ran at him then running back at the group.

*sigh*

Then they got in this big fight over who's pet aggro'ed the room opposite of the one we died in.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #124 on: December 30, 2006, 03:30:03 AM »
I pull using proximity aggro on my paladin..., not that I have much of a choice.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #125 on: December 30, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »
PD to turn into non gamer. Mmorpg players stop buying consoles and other games. So long buddy lol

I do have around $200 in Christmas monies and haven't really thought about buying any games :lol

Well, I did want FFV but couldn't find it

« Reply #126 on: December 30, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
What level are you up to now?  You guys should get together some night and show PD the WSG ropes.
haa

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2006, 12:22:36 PM »
ya, i'm level 21. I wouldn't mind taking him at 28-29
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2006, 06:52:32 PM »
Last night was pretty awesome. After searching for ages I finally found a kickass person to help with my quest. He was a dwarven Paladin and he was BADASS. We finished my quest and then proceded to clear out a big cave. Sadly we both got killed after about an hour of AWESOME-ness, and he signed out shortly after. Luckily I put him in my friends list.

Later I wound up doing another kill quest with a couple gnomes. We worked really well together. Around 3am one of them shared a "dungeon" quest with me, but said we'd need 3-5 people to do it. Sounds interesting. I got an "elite" quest as well, which I plan on doing tonight if I can find some people to help.

The community aspect of the game reminds me of college a bit. Right now I'm trying to get into the school of Business, so I noticed like 5-7 people who were in some/most of my classes. We didn't talk much at the time, but I'm sure next semester as things get harder we'll have to work together. With WoW I'm seeing a lot of players I saw in passing during the early stages of the game. Now they're lv14-16 and we seem to be moving along at the same pace. Perhaps one day we shall protect our dwarven homeland

« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2006, 08:15:32 PM »
Omgz what's the guild name?  It should be memorable, like <Willco Fanclub> or <The Disney Channel>.
haa

etiolate

« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2006, 09:25:41 PM »
Last night was pretty awesome. After searching for ages I finally found a kickass person to help with my quest. He was a dwarven Paladin and he was BADASS. We finished my quest and then proceded to clear out a big cave. Sadly we both got killed after about an hour of AWESOME-ness, and he signed out shortly after. Luckily I put him in my friends list.

Later I wound up doing another kill quest with a couple gnomes. We worked really well together. Around 3am one of them shared a "dungeon" quest with me, but said we'd need 3-5 people to do it. Sounds interesting. I got an "elite" quest as well, which I plan on doing tonight if I can find some people to help.

The community aspect of the game reminds me of college a bit. Right now I'm trying to get into the school of Business, so I noticed like 5-7 people who were in some/most of my classes. We didn't talk much at the time, but I'm sure next semester as things get harder we'll have to work together. With WoW I'm seeing a lot of players I saw in passing during the early stages of the game. Now they're lv14-16 and we seem to be moving along at the same pace. Perhaps one day we shall protect our dwarven homeland

Now I know why you picked an RP server.

tale

« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2006, 11:11:15 PM »
With warriors - it's best to play them like you are playing Final Fantasy, use potions if you are getting low - and it's good to have a healer around.  Use bandages lots - especially to heal quickly and keep your rage up.  Get buffs from food, and don't be scared of whispering people for buffs like Prayer of Fortitude from priests and Mark of the Wild from Druids.

Remember in a group, it's not too important to do the most damage as a warrior, it's more important that the mob is hitting you and not the other guys.  Learn to switch stances as the need arises - start in Battle Stance, charge in, and switch to Defensive stance once you've landed a Sunder Armor or two.

Glad to here you are still having fun - the "teens" are the sucky bit of WoW - I hate taking any class through levels 11 - 15, it's the only part of the game where I think the balancing is a little off.  However from 16 onwards, you'll really start getting cool abilities.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
Another AWESOME night.

I started off by helping this lv13 do a quest; no one was helping him so I decided to go ahead and bail him out. He was very fun to play with and we were able to kick much trogg arse.

About 30min later I noticed someone was begging people to join a quest with him, concerning ogres. I actually chose that quest yesterday but didn't pursue it since I needed help; it's labeled an "elite" quest, which means it's pretty fucking hard. Well I told him I'd join as well as my lv13 buddy. We headed over and met the guy; then we proceded to spend the next 20min begging people to join us. No one seemed interested at first, and the higher level players thought the entire mission was a joke.

Some #18: lol noobs, the boss ogre is lv20, and his minions are all lv19
Goinio: lol coward!

Finally we got a group ready and set off. We didn't have any priests or paladins lol, so I told everyone I'd make a shit ton of band aids and heal people.

We then entered The Loch and started our quest. Basically we had to kill 4 brute ogres (all lv20), 4 shaman ogres (all lv19), and 4 regular ogres (all lv19). I think I was our highest lv player at 16 lol. We were able to take out most of the regular ogres with little trouble, and everything seemed like it was going our way. Until of course we got closer to the caves and people started shooting every ogre in sight. We got gangraped countless times lol and then tempers started flaring. Hell I was pissed that people wouldn't WAIT for everyone to heal before shooting another ogre.

After about an hour we had killed everything except the brutes and 2 shamans, but we lost one of our players. A warlock gnome joined a bit later and really saved our asses. He would use his summon monster to aggro a ogre and then lead it to us. This worked for awhile although we were still getting killed constantly. Finally we were able to kill the shamans with this strategy. Those Brutes though..shit. Our plan for them consisted of the warlock luring it to us, then the hunters (we had two) would have their pets attack it while they shot, and I'd charge it. Through some luck we were able to win lol and I got to lv17. Holy shit that was hard, depressing, and yet it was hilariously awesome at the same time. The teamwork was shaky but we pulled through.

I put them all on my friends list lol, and maybe we can do some more elite quests; the reward was 20 silver.  :D

MrAngryFace

« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2006, 11:43:28 PM »
lol need a priest
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2006, 04:19:53 AM »
Paladins are AWESOME

My next character will be one

Prost

« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2006, 06:36:13 PM »
Another AWESOME night.

I started off by helping this lv13 do a quest; no one was helping him so I decided to go ahead and bail him out. He was very fun to play with and we were able to kick much trogg arse.

About 30min later I noticed someone was begging people to join a quest with him, concerning ogres. I actually chose that quest yesterday but didn't pursue it since I needed help; it's labeled an "elite" quest, which means it's pretty fucking hard. Well I told him I'd join as well as my lv13 buddy. We headed over and met the guy; then we proceded to spend the next 20min begging people to join us. No one seemed interested at first, and the higher level players thought the entire mission was a joke.

Some #18: lol noobs, the boss ogre is lv20, and his minions are all lv19
Goinio: lol coward!

Finally we got a group ready and set off. We didn't have any priests or paladins lol, so I told everyone I'd make a shit ton of band aids and heal people.
(Image removed from quote.)

We then entered The Loch and started our quest. Basically we had to kill 4 brute ogres (all lv20), 4 shaman ogres (all lv19), and 4 regular ogres (all lv19). I think I was our highest lv player at 16 lol. We were able to take out most of the regular ogres with little trouble, and everything seemed like it was going our way. Until of course we got closer to the caves and people started shooting every ogre in sight. We got gangraped countless times lol and then tempers started flaring. Hell I was pissed that people wouldn't WAIT for everyone to heal before shooting another ogre.

After about an hour we had killed everything except the brutes and 2 shamans, but we lost one of our players. A warlock gnome joined a bit later and really saved our asses. He would use his summon monster to aggro a ogre and then lead it to us. This worked for awhile although we were still getting killed constantly. Finally we were able to kill the shamans with this strategy. Those Brutes though..shit. Our plan for them consisted of the warlock luring it to us, then the hunters (we had two) would have their pets attack it while they shot, and I'd charge it. Through some luck we were able to win lol and I got to lv17. Holy shit that was hard, depressing, and yet it was hilariously awesome at the same time. The teamwork was shaky but we pulled through.

I put them all on my friends list lol, and maybe we can do some more elite quests; the reward was 20 silver.  :D

It's so fun to see you talking about all this stuff.  I remember back ~march or april of '04 doing all this stuff with my little mage.

But back then mages were absolute gods with sleep.  (You could fire a nuke, then sleep the mob, and the sleep spell's power would never depreciate).  So I soloed that whole ogre quest at level 18, but died a ton doing it... though man it was a blast!

That damn game is so fun.....   Wish I could play it these days....  but it's over now ;(
:-þ

etiolate

« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2006, 10:14:07 PM »
I can't believe PD took a bunch of low levels against elites.  We shuold have him start random deadmine pugs.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #137 on: January 01, 2007, 06:18:29 AM »
We were able to pull it off lol.  :lol

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2007, 11:03:02 AM »
yay!
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2007, 02:06:33 PM »
LV 19 BABY

I think I'm going to leave Loch Modan/Theslnar now. Although...I want to get to a level where I can take out an ogre by myself.

And maybe I'm too fucking nice while playing the game. Anytime I look at the chat log and see someone needs help I'll help. Even if I've done the quest already; yesterday I helped about 3 people do an elite quest where you have to kill Chok'Sul and bring his head back to town. He's deeeeeep inside this cave full of lv18-20 ogres, so it's very hard. I absolutely love joining a party and entering the ogre caves. Perhaps that's why I've stayed in that area so long.

But...when I need help no one wants to lol Although yesterday someone helped me kill Ol Sootie :punch

tale

« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2007, 02:08:56 PM »
Pro-tip:  Go back to Ironforge and look on the map from the Gnome area - there's a train there that will lead you to even greater adventures ...

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2007, 02:15:05 PM »
Pro-tip:  Go back to Ironforge and look on the map from the Gnome area - there's a train there that will lead you to even greater adventures ...

Sounds to me like you're trying to get Goinio raped.  >:(

:lol :-*

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2007, 02:19:13 PM »
The Deep Run Tram, it will take you to Stormwind.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2007, 02:34:27 PM »
Hm Etiole told me to go there, and I do have to deliver a letter there anyway

tale

« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2007, 06:03:24 PM »

Sounds to me like you're trying to get Goinio raped.  >:(

:lol :-*

If there is raping going on, you'll be the one doing it to a misguided pirate called Edwin Van Cleef.

etiolate

« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:35 PM »
I use to want to name a guild Deep Run Tramps but I knewit would get banzored.

edit: We should run Deadmines with PD.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Two landmarks earlier today

I GOT GOOOOOOLLLLDDD (one piece)

I SAW AND KILLED ORCS

I'm suprised I got a piece of gold considering my AUCTION DEBACLE. Betted 36 silver on an uber weapon, then I realized it said "bid". So I thought "hmmm if it's a bid I can take it back if I find something better". I found a similar weapon that I was able to buy from the auction without bidding. When I tried to take my previous bid back I realized I couldn't...leaving me with two similar weapons and 70 less silver. NEVER AGAIN :lol

I then decided to leave Loch Modan and journey to the Wetlands. On my way there I saw orcs for the first time. They were all level 20 so I wasn't confident I could kill them, but I was able to take them out; they aren't nearly as tough as the ogres.

I should be lv20 by the end of the night

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2007, 12:00:31 PM »
I've been obsessed with being able to kill an ogre by myself. Last night, I DID IT

Once I got to lv20 I decided to challenge a lv18 Ogre Enforcer, and I was able to beat him down. Well...I had 200HP left, but who cares. Goinio was victorious

With my new found clout and money I decided to head to IF and get some new abilities/gear. I found some very nice armor, but more interestingly I got new warrior abilities. Now my Thunder Clap and Heroic Strike are both lv3, and I also go this ability where I can yell at an enemy and drop their melee attack by like 30. Plus I can now disarm enemies for up to 30sec, which IS VERY USEFULL.

Now that I'm in the Wetlands I'm kinda bummed though. The area is very drab, and I don't see many players running around.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »
Wetlands are gay, I think the only worse place is Westfall
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2007, 12:09:36 PM »
Yeah :-\

I was really excited when I saw Orcs, but when I got to the Wetlands all I saw was blobs and little frog people. I'll train there a bit more, and then quickly head off to a better area. Stormwind perhaps

MrAngryFace

« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2007, 12:11:37 PM »
Wetland quests are lame too, they have you walking all over creation. Some of the quest areas are hard to find too. Like the dig site, wtf its not even ON my map. I had to have a guy show me where it was.
o_0

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2007, 12:17:43 PM »
HAY A CROCIDILE KILLED MY HUSBAND I'M LV 30 BUT COULD YOU PLEASE AVENGE HIM FOR ME FOR 5 SILVER?

>:(

cubicle47b

« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2007, 12:23:57 PM »
I'm taking you to the Deadmines and teaching you how to tank this week, PD.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2007, 12:47:29 PM »
I definitely need to get better at that. I'm ok at it I suppose, but I get impatient when my health starts going down. So I wind up coming out of defensive stance and trying to use my various spells.

Finding a good group is always a problem too because it seems like everyone on my friends list and everyone else I see are all hunters/warriors/warlocks. Warlocks really help because of their ranged attacks, and of course hunters have pets to help, but it's clear to me that a paladin/priest is needed. Hell paladins must be the most sought after characters in the game, or at least to me.

cubicle47b

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
If whiteacid is online tonight we'll go as a group (assuming she's willing) and I'll teach you how to pull, how to best tank single and multiple mob pulls, why snap aggro moves should be trained (*sigh*) and how they're useful, why hamstring is one of the most important warrior abilities, and how to watch over your group.  As the tank, you have to do your best to maintain control over the fight.  If you can't, things go to shit pretty quickly with elite mobs in tight spaces.

Tanking can be addictive if you have a good group.

edit: I'm watching Children of Men at 8 so maybe around 10 EST.  Make sure you have a decent one handed weapon, shield, and a bow with a fair amount of ammo.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 01:14:54 PM by cubicle47b »

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2007, 01:56:55 PM »
If whiteacid is online tonight we'll go as a group (assuming she's willing) and I'll teach you how to pull, how to best tank single and multiple mob pulls, why snap aggro moves should be trained (*sigh*) and how they're useful, why hamstring is one of the most important warrior abilities, and how to watch over your group.  As the tank, you have to do your best to maintain control over the fight.  If you can't, things go to shit pretty quickly with elite mobs in tight spaces.

Tanking can be addictive if you have a good group.

edit: I'm watching Children of Men at 8 so maybe around 10 EST.  Make sure you have a decent one handed weapon, shield, and a bow with a fair amount of ammo.
ya, I'll come. You guys wanna do it around 6pm EST? Name a better time if you can't do it then.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2007, 02:05:49 PM »
I'm working until 7 EST then watching a movie with friends so the earliest I can do this is 10 EST.  If you're both online at that time we can go for it.  Otherwise, it won't hurt to wait a day or two.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2007, 02:14:03 PM »
Well all I have is a two handed axe, but it's kickass. When I get to Stormwind I'll go to the weapons master there and learn swords.

The boiler man should be gone by the time you guys are ready to play lol. I'll probably get on around 8pm and I know I'll still be on at 10.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2007, 02:19:09 PM »
10est is fine.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2007, 03:49:14 PM »
PeeDee:

Have you ever played a Warcraft game? Like Warcraft III or something.

Started with WarCraft II years ago. Signed up for the WarCraft III beta, and my friend actually got accepted; played at his house for days lol. In the beta there was a different weather system and it actually rained lol.

I was more of a StarCraft guy though

Prost

« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2007, 06:00:31 PM »
I think this thread is just awesome.

You get to see all the different things that he just misses, like going to stormwind.  He hasn't even gone on the tram and he's level 19!

Right around 20 is when all of the nice wetlands/duskwood/cool redridge quests kick in.

i used to love doing those quests, then when you get ~30 you can do shimmering flats, which i just love.

Then 40 it's tanaris baby!  ogre grinding ftw.

unfortunately since you're a warrior you'll have to gear yourself up in instances....  if that's how things still work anyways.

you're making me want to play you bastard

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
I think this thread is just awesome.

You get to see all the different things that he just misses, like going to stormwind.  He hasn't even gone on the tram and he's level 19!

Right around 20 is when all of the nice wetlands/duskwood/cool redridge quests kick in.

i used to love doing those quests, then when you get ~30 you can do shimmering flats, which i just love.

Then 40 it's tanaris baby!  ogre grinding ftw.

unfortunately since you're a warrior you'll have to gear yourself up in instances....  if that's how things still work anyways.

you're making me want to play you bastard
Ya, it makes me kinda want to go back to the days when I was a noob, and everything was new and exciting.
boo

etiolate

« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2007, 06:40:31 PM »
Wetlands are gay, I think the only worse place is Westfall

Westfall is big but it's at least full of quests you can double up on in an area.  Wetlands is one quest per area, including the trifling "finish quest, walk back to quest giver for another quest in area, walk back to quest area and repeat over and over" routine, which Westfall has some of, too, but balances it out with the doubling up in one area. The benefit of going Westfall over the dwarf and elf areas for that level is really the quest line leading up to Deadmines, then getting the quest item from Deadmines that gets you that ring.

I don't really like the post 20 areas.  The coolest thing I remember is seeing Stitches for the first time and fighting him. PD is going to be introduced to ganking once he hits Redridge or Darkshire.  But there is payback..

Last night I went exploring through the horde/elf continent to gather some flight paths and do some small "go here" quests. I ended up doing a lot of horde killing, especially once I got to Stonetalon Peak. Stonetalon Mountains is like the horde equivalent to Redridge, and I ended up corpse camping and going 1 on 2 against similiar levels. Normally, I'd feel bad about it, but I was lvl 25 and going against levels 21-27 and going against two at a time.  I got about 9 HKs off of 5 different peolpe.

tale

« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »
Well if he continues on his path northwards, he's going to end up in Hillsbrad in his late 20s - then he'll learn have some adventures ...

Speaking of which, when I was playing my rogue on another PvP server, I used to stealth up behind people so they heard the "Wooo" stealth noise, then run away and just watch them panic.  Is that mean?

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #164 on: January 04, 2007, 02:15:27 AM »
So much awesome stuff happened today/tonight...god damn. I'm so tired I can't post the entire story, but me and some other people from EvilBore kicked ass (and got our asses kicked). I'm not a good tank, but I damn learned some things tonight. Goinio grew up today.

etiolate

« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2007, 02:20:01 AM »
You were okay. We just had everyone getting disconnects.

cubicle47b

« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2007, 03:19:03 AM »
Thanks for running the instance without me, BTW.

I ended up in a decent SM group and we pulled out a 5 minute Herod kill (he's a 40 elite, the highest level members of our group were 35, it took forever).

etiolate

« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2007, 06:49:47 AM »
You weren't on yet! We're going to run it again and we'll wait for yee.  Especially since you'll make it faster. :shh

Had a 2 hour WSG tonight.  That was painful.

And my personal highlight from deadmines.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 07:01:18 AM by etiolate »

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2007, 08:36:07 AM »
Sorry for the DC last night guys. PD was cracking me up though, I met him in Stormwind when he got off the tram and he was like "holy shit, this place is awesome".

fuck VC, let's do the Stocks, we're a more suitable level for it.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2007, 09:48:28 AM »
You weren't on yet!

I logged on when I said I would.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »
You weren't on yet!

I logged on when I said I would.
That's my fault. I get you and etoiliate mixed up and I thought you were emptybox, so when I saw him log on at 9 I said let's do VC.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2007, 11:41:17 AM »
It's fine, I didn't care about the run.  I just wanted to teach PD how to tank.  In our SM group the tank pulled with proximity aggro and never used hamstring so we ended up unintentionally chain-pulling most big rooms in the instance.  Since the group was really good other than that it was fun and chaotic instead of being a disaster but I shudder to think what the cathedral would have been like (if we'd been 2-3 levels higher).

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2007, 02:41:25 PM »
Ok now that my brain is active again, I must say HOLY SHIT.

I had been in the game killing orcs with another group when etiolate/whiteacid/cubicle signed in. I left my group and flew to Iron Forge, and after some confusion I finally found the train that leads to Stormwind. The train is pretty badass, and next time I get on I want to try to jump off or something.

Then I finally got to the exit and saw whiteAcid, who kindly put up with my lag (I always lag a bit in huge areas full of other players/NPCs). We turned a corner and then I saw it. HOLY SHIT STORMWIND IS AMAZING. And I thought Iron Forge looked awesome lol. This was like leaving Africa and coming to America or something lke that. THE ROADS ARE PAVED IN STONE. And they had a bank! I wasn't able to explore the town at that time though because I had to follow whiteAcid.

Eventually we were teleported to Westland, where we met the other players in the group. Outside of etiolate and whiteAcid (lv 25 and 26 or so) I was the highest lv in the group at 20. We also had a lv17 and lv16 lol, but they were pretty awesome.

Before I go on I must say everything I saw last night - from Stormwind to Westland to the Deadmines - all looked 10 times better than the Wetlands, and I can't possibly imagine going back there for long period of time. I'll turn in some quests there and then come back to the Deadmines lol.

The Deadmines is a very cool environment. It's like an underground gold mine or something, and there are a lot of enemies around. We were able to kick their asses pretty easily for the most part - the human NPC characters in there were a joke. But there were these little ass goblin things that gave us trouble. Since I was supposed to tank I always tried to Rend them, use Demoralizing Shout, and then disarm them; that would cut their attack power down a lot. I didn't use Hamstring enough, and I noticed that after I would stun an enemy, it would just walk past me and charge everyone behind me. Ugh :(

We died a couple times in that area, but for the most part we were able to get to the center of the area without trouble. That's where the problems began. We saw this bigass ship, and the area leading to it was filled with PIRATES OMG. Got by them pretty easy, after which we saw one of the boss's minions. He was a HUGE minotar, and his name was MR SNIDE. What a complete bastard. First time we fought him he killed us, in part because he'd stun us and yell "oh no you didn't, now I'm gonna get HARDCORE" and run and get duel wield blades from a chest. Second time we killed him.

Sadly as we moved up the ship people started having connection problems. whiteAcid got disconnected; she was saving all our asses with healing powers and this really cool snowflake spell, but we thought we could carry on with our other mage. We did for a bit, then HE got disconnected lol.

So then Etiole decided to give me his gun and have me pull enemies towards us, but as I loaded the gun all the pirates and goblins (like 10) charged us. I have no idea what happened, but I guess one of our players went too far up the ship and aggro'd them. SHIT. I tried jumping off the ship like a pussy, but they got me in mid air :lol

After that the party slowly disappeared, and me and Eti were left. He went one way and I went the other.  Apparently he attacked the main boss and got killed lol. I was able to make my way all the way out of the Deadmines alive, but I certainly wasn't helped by the scores of players I passed by. I'd fucking save all their lv17 asses but when I was in trouble they'd run by. Then when I asked to be in their group they didn't want me. "Nah, we only have 3 people but we're good." LIKE HELL YOU ARE DUMBASS. >:(

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2007, 03:55:54 PM »
Lol, I don't have healing powers, that was emptybox healing you. Mage's can't heal, only priest's, druids and paladins can. The snowflakes were Blizzard, an AOE (Area of Effect) spell.

Ironforge also has a bank, you should check it out sometime.
boo

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:16 PM »
Did you make a character on our server?
boo

Prost

« Reply #175 on: January 04, 2007, 11:49:40 PM »
lol this sounds like so much fun....

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2007, 02:25:01 AM »
SHIT

I was in the Deadmines for about 4 and a half hours, half of which consisted of me being on a real shitty "team". My eyes... :lol

cubicle47b

« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2007, 02:39:57 AM »
I did 2 SM Armory runs tonight.  The first time through we had a good priest and things went extremely smoothly.  On the second run we were supposed to pick up a main healer but ended up with another paladin instead.  I volunteered to do the healing and told the other paladin to back me up if needed.  On a bad pull I went OOM and the other pally was (of course) OOM because he'd been spamming judgments and consecration.  He dies, the tank dies, but the rest of us survive.  When we get to Herod I tell the other pally that I'm not single healing this fight and he has to help me and I get a "FINE" in party chat.  So what happens?  First thing he does is get killed by Herod's whirlwind.  Seriously, the first one.  So I single heal the fight, running OOM and having the tank die at 5% but finishing Herod off.  Before all the suicide cultists or w/e make their way down someone loots (probably the hunter).  This is before rezes of course.  The helm drops (+13 str, +8 sta, and +14 crit rating) and I ask in party chat if I should roll.  The warrior, who is the only person who can actually wear the item ATM tells me to go for it so I do.  I win and the hunter / pally are incredulous.  The level 35 hunter, who actually asked before we started the dungeon if we'd give him the helm if it dropped, gives me shit for rolling because "in a few levels I'll be wearing plate."  5 levels away from being able to use something with the primary stat of strength on it and he gives me shit...

Anyway, I was relatively proud of myself for healing that group through the armory.  Not bad for a full ret (for leveling) pally with few +int items at level 35.  And the new helm is pretty nice although I can't wear it for another level and a half.  I need Mograine's mace now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 02:41:44 AM by cubicle47b »

cubicle47b

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2007, 02:42:43 AM »
Hah, you finally got out of there.  I think you were in the Deadmines when I logged on and I almost went from lvl 34 - 36 in that time.

Wobedraggled

• Almost Died Once
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2007, 08:00:26 AM »
I'm "" <------that close to hopping back into WoW

I just need more self control.

Wii