Author Topic: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW  (Read 189424 times)

whiteACID

• RAWR
Re: Adventures of GOINIO: WoW
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2006, 12:55:24 PM »
I would pick fury for leveling
boo

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2006, 01:06:42 PM »
Last night was a blast. I explored Ironforge some more and talked to as many people as possible. After entering this huge building in the War Room-esque part of the city I found this military table surrounded by all these badasses. I talked to one and he took a look at me and said I was too much of a sissyboy warrior to join in on their talk. In order to prove myself he told me to leave Ironforge and journey deep to the steps of the mountain and challenge a certain troll; "bring me his head, and then I will know you're AWESOME" he said (well not really, but that's the King James translation).

So after awhile I finally found the troll and fought him. He kept using this spell that lowered my armor by like 300, but I was able to kill him. I got his head and started looting his hut. During this I decided to go to the back of the hut and look around; nothing was there, so I walked back to the front of the hut, intending to return to Ironforge. But then WTF I saw he had respawned, and I fought him again and killed him.

At that point I had an idea. Both times I killed him I got 100XP and a bunch of copper. So I went down the mountain a bit, waited for him to respawn, and then ran up to kill him again. Once again I got 100XP and a bunch of gold. I did this countless amounts of time, and then I started getting very strong armor, a powerful two handed hammer (which I STILL can't use), some swords I can't use, and a fucking GUN. OMG.

After doing this tons of times and getting to level 11 (I haven't spent this talent point yet) I returned to Ironforge with the troll's head. The warrior dude told me that I now deserved a more kickass weapon, so he sent me to the blacksmith. But of course I have to do a quest for him before I can get the weapon.

Instead of going on the quest at that time I decided to pick a profession: blacksmith. GOINIO THE SMITTY. Basically I chose this after visiting some of the shops in Ironforge and seeing how fucking expensive all the good stuff was. I figure as a blacksmith I'll be able to make some of my own equitment and also sell much of it for money so I can buy more goodies. Now I just need to find a place where I can get the ingrediants needed for the job: I bought all the tools, but now I need stuff like iron bricks, which I can't find anywhere.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »
If you're going to go blacksmith get mining too. You can mind your own ore and turn it into the bricks.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2006, 01:44:22 PM »
If you're going to go blacksmith get mining too. You can mind your own ore and turn it into the bricks.

Really? That's a good idea. I always see places you can mine in the caves

tale

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2006, 02:00:25 PM »
I love this thread.

I wish I could wipe my memory of WoW and play it all over again.  It's such an awesome game - just the first 10 levels have so many cool moments.

* Sniff * PD, please keep up your stories - it's great.

I think I might just "roll a toon" (<3 ya, Drinky) on Ravenholdt too.  Maybe a Warlock or Druid.

cubicle47b

« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2006, 03:28:22 PM »
I created a dwarf priest called Gloitre and added Phoenix/Redwood to my friends list.  I have to go back to work, though.  Will play later.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2006, 06:49:26 PM »
Does anyone know if I'll be able to transfer my character from the free trial once I buy the game? I don't want to have to start all over again

EDIT:
You may upgrade your account at any time to a
full version by purchasing a retail copy of
the game at most software and video
game retailers. When you upgrade,
all trial restrictions are removed,
and you are free to explore the
full depths of this amazing
online world.
https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/trial/QS5.htm

That's good to know

etiolate

« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »
Maybe I'll make a priest then.  I'd like to make a druid but fuck night elves.

druid m fun

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2006, 03:53:59 AM »
Wow today was a blur. I played for a few hours during the afternoon, during which I accomplished some things. I started by taking whiteAcid's advice and learning the mining profession. In no time I crafted my first chain mail; this is a pretty good way to earn money.

After this I took on the quest given to me by the blacksmith: apparently his mentor was killed by jealous dwarves, and since he was too pussy to avenge him he wanted me to do the deed. It took me awhile to find the mentor's shop, and when I did I saw that it was filled with dwarves. I avenged the mentor and headed back to Ironforge; once there I was given this kickass axe which could be used with one hand. That  allowed me to use a shield also.

With my newfound wealth and weapons I decided to level up a bit in a cave troll. Interestingly cubicle47b was able to talk to me, although I never saw him in the game; he said he's still in the earler areas. Anyway while I was in the cave I joined a group and started leveling. Due to some stupid mistakes we wound up going too far into the cave and we both died. When I returned to my body I noticed it was surrounded by trolls. Once I revived myself I was quickly killed again. This happen a couple more times before I could get out the cave alive, and it sucked. Once your spirit returns to your body you have like half of your health, which isn't much help when you're surrounded by enemies who have ranged attacks.

So today I only did one quest; hell I haven't accepted any new ones since the blacksmith one. Tomorrow I plan on going on more quests and leveling up. I'm level 13

etiolate

« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2006, 04:12:41 AM »
I think I'll re-up and join you guys.  I'm just deciding between a druid and a paladin. I like druids, but I go NE I'll have to trek across the map to where you guys are.

etiolate

« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 07:56:13 AM »
Alright, I just made a Druid named Emptybox (lol) even though I didn't want to do the traveling.  I'm level 6 right now. You can message me if you want.

PS: Did I see that right? Is this a RP server??

cubicle47b

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2006, 10:30:16 AM »
I died a couple times in the trogg cave SE of Ironforge.  I was invited into a group and decided to accept only to find out traveling in a PUG as a priest is more dangerous than going solo if you actually heal people because the fuckers will all kill one mob and watch all the others they managed to pull kill you because of healing aggro.  After the first respawn death I decided to spirit rez because it's basically impossible unless you wait for a group to come through and wipe out half room.  I should have made a paladin instead.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »
You can use fade, and there's talents to reduce threats. You also have PW Shield. You should be able to find ways to survive. I've dealt with some PRETTY stupid PUGs in the stockades so far and have only died maybe once because they didnt know how to pull aggro off me. Fade works really well, the cooldown requires you know when to fire it off tho.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 03:55:18 PM »
It's not that they didn't know how to pull aggro off me, it's that they didn't try.  They just kind of stood around.  I managed to survive a good 30 seconds between PW Shield, Renew, and a few other things (use of ledges).

MrAngryFace

« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2006, 04:15:12 PM »
when they start doing that threaten to leave.

PUG tend to forget exactly why Priests do for them, wanna teach em a lesson? Deal with it halfway then hearth out. It wont hurt your rep. Almost everyone who plays wow has the attention span of a gnat anyway.
o_0

cubicle47b

« Reply #75 on: December 23, 2006, 04:44:35 PM »
If it was an instance run I wouldn't have put up with it and I did leave the group immediately after that happened.  It's just not a hopeful sign and leveling is already becoming a real pain in the ass.  I'm trying out a pally right now and liking it so far so I'll probably run with that.  At least until the Burning Crusade comes out and I switch back to my warlock main (unless my guild falls apart *crosses fingers*).

MrAngryFace

« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2006, 06:24:48 PM »
What level are you? Im not shadow spec despite the correct suggestion TO be shadowspec, but even spirit tap + heavy wand usage makes it easy to grind when I need to and my spells still pack a pretty good whallop for big fights. Im big on solo-quest grinding.

The only hitch I hit was level 28-30 when quests got a little dry. Had to grind some Seletal Wardens n crap with rest exp and I hit 30 and 31 I hit with some questing in the wetlands. The key to quest grinding is straddling ironforge/stormwind trees.
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2006, 10:40:25 AM »
Can't believe I made a character to play with PD and I haven't seen him online once.
boo

FlameOfCallandor

• The Walking Dead
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2006, 11:00:43 AM »
Thats what you get for making an allience character.

MrAngryFace

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2006, 11:59:56 AM »
Doesnt matter much anymore. Dumb Alliance players will flock the Horde at expansion for the stupid belfs, and the good Horde players will run to alliance to either kill belfs or just escape them.
o_0

« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2006, 07:14:57 PM »
Thats what you get for making an allience character.

A what character?
haa

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2006, 01:29:30 AM »
Can't believe I made a character to play with PD and I haven't seen him online once.

Shut up fool!

My trial ran out, and I've been gone for Christmas. I'm buying the game with my Christmas monies

cubicle47b

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2006, 12:11:59 PM »
I was only level 10 or 11 on my priest.  I switched to a paladin and I'm loving it so far.  Being able to solo without having to rely heavily on mana and being able to heal, tank, or dps within a group is great.

I grouped with a really good feral druid last night and that combo is ridiculous.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »
I played with whiteAcid last night for a bit, but I was lagging terribly. Eventually she got off and I decided to tackle some quests.

I found a great place to level grind against these high level troggs. The good thing about fighting them instead of the basic bears/cats/etc is that troggs drop a LOT of money. When I entered the area I had very little money; in fact I couldn't afford the First Aid power when whiteAcid tried to get me to learn it. By the time I was done for the night I had around 30 pieces of silver (1 silver=100 copper). Dammnn.

And as I anticipated, being a blacksmith/miner allows me to sell many of the items I make for lots of money. But I seemed to get a lot of that money from finding various weapons I couldn't use, which confuses me. As a warrior I'm supposed to be able to use most weapons right? But right now I still can't use two handed swords or staffs; I actually sold two very powerful staffs last night. When I look at my weapon propertites I saw I can use axes, maces, and similar weapons. I don't see any option to learn how to use swords. :-\

cubicle47b

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2006, 04:33:29 PM »
You have to go to a weapons trainer and buy the ability to use those weapons just like you buy warrior abilities.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2006, 08:12:23 PM »
You can use everything I think.
boo

tale

« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2006, 12:48:09 AM »
You can use everything I think.

... after you see a weapons trainer and train in that class of weapon (2h Axes, 1h Swords, Polearms etc.).

Weapons sell to vendors for more than armor does - so if you need cash and are leveling up your Blacksmithing, go for weapons over armor.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2006, 01:18:06 AM »
My acount ran out. I plan on buying the game tomorrow, along with some other games.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2006, 04:04:34 AM »
Waiting to find out what happens to Goinio is as bad as waiting to find out what happens in the next Harry Potter book.  :-\
WDW

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2006, 09:59:08 AM »
Did you pick up the game yet PD?
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2006, 10:25:46 AM »
PD was online last night.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2006, 10:39:22 AM »
oh ok, I was for a minute but I didn't see him.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2006, 02:13:53 PM »
I played for a couple hours last night, maybe more.

I've been leveling against some high level troggs lately instead of taking quests. Last night did a lot of leveling in a cave too. I started a party with this level 8 gnome (bad idea). At first it was working very well, and I was close to getting to level 14. But then we both jumped off this cliff further into the cave and landed right in the middle of a fucking trogg orgy. Like 10 troggs surrounded us. While they attacked him I decided to try to run away (Goinio is a bitch) but I killed in the process. At the graveyard the gnome told me to fuck off and quit the party :lol

I journeyed back to the cave, found my body, and revived in time for more ass kicking. By the time I got out of the cave I was level 14 and had a TON of money.

So I decided to go sell some weapons to a trader in the nearby dwarve camp, but as I talked to him the game disconnected. I reconnected and found that I was in the cave instead of in the dwarve camp. And as if it was all a big joke I noticed I was surrounded once again by 10 troggs. I got killed again lol. Hm that's the first time the game has disconnected.

I've been in the same area (Don Morogh, near Khagahas and Ironforce moutain) for awhile now, and I noticed there are few quests left in the area. Tonight I plan on leaving that area and going somewhere else.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2006, 02:17:22 PM »
You're level 14, go to Westfall.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2006, 02:31:24 PM »
Alright.

Before I do I might go back to Ironforge and learn some new weapon abilities. The ones that were offered (gun, dagger) aren't interesting to me, but I'm guessing I have to learn them first before getting the sword option.

rocketman

« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2006, 02:33:50 PM »
PD, want a level 60 rogue? I'm selling. 100 bucks.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2006, 02:35:59 PM »
Alright.

Before I do I might go back to Ironforge and learn some new weapon abilities. The ones that were offered (gun, dagger) aren't interesting to me, but I'm guessing I have to learn them first before getting the sword option.
Just learn all of your weapon abilities.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

cubicle47b

« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2006, 02:43:28 PM »
but I'm guessing I have to learn them first before getting the sword option.

No, weapon trainers don't have the ability to train you in every weapon.  Try the trainer in Stormwind.

rocketman

« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

What the fuck are you talking about, son? I don't want my rogue anymore, and I'm selling it. 100 bucks.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2006, 02:52:15 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

What the fuck are you talking about, son? I don't want my rogue anymore, and I'm selling it. 100 bucks.
What race?
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

I'm not buying a fucking digital character for $100. Anyone who does it distinguished mentally-challenged.

Get out of my thread  >:(

rocketman

« Reply #102 on: December 28, 2006, 03:09:28 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

What race?

Undead.

rocketman

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2006, 03:10:28 PM »

Do you think I'm stupid?

I'm not buying a fucking digital character for $100. Anyone who does it distinguished mentally-challenged.

Get out of my thread  >:(

You better change your tone with me, boy.

You can spend 100 dollars to get a 'fucking digital character' and save your ass the 30 FULL days played it will take you to level to 60.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2006, 03:55:02 PM »
undead are the best for pvp
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2006, 04:24:35 PM »
I'd rather get to lv60 by my own accord thank you very much. Besides what's the fun at started with a lv60 character?

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2006, 06:49:30 PM »
Yeah, it would be like buying a Final Fantasy that starts at the last boss of the game.
WDW

cubicle47b

« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2006, 07:06:04 PM »
There's nothing like warping straight to the raid or die part of a MMORPG without ever having developed any skills.

rocketman

« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2006, 07:14:20 PM »
undead are the best for pvp

orc, for stun resist. makes a big difference.

rocketman

« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2006, 07:14:55 PM »
Yeah, it would be like buying a Final Fantasy that starts at the last boss of the game.

Uh, no. You're an idiot.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2006, 12:37:37 AM »
NO YOU ARE
 :punch

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #111 on: December 29, 2006, 02:08:23 AM »
Jesus fucking Christ this fucking lag

Every fucking time I try to play late at night I get crippling lag. It's so bad I can't do anything. Everything works fine for an hour an a half, but once it get's around 1:30-2am things to go hell. I don't have anything else running either.

btw what is the "Blizzard Background Downloader"? Everytime I get off I see it downloading, yet it's always at 0%

etiolate

« Reply #112 on: December 29, 2006, 03:46:43 AM »
I think Blizzard is trying a streaming update service like ANets.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2006, 07:32:56 AM »
Cubicle made a Paladin and he seems to love it. He's already 10 levels higher than us.
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2006, 11:35:16 AM »
Human males look stupid.  I'm a total mangina.

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2006, 11:40:00 AM »
Human males look stupid.  I'm a total mangina.
They do look stupid, short and stocky with huge shoulders.
boo

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2006, 02:24:45 PM »
Last night I died at least 12 times :lol :(

I finally left the snowy areas and journeyed south, where I found this South Pass tunnel that led me to Loch Modan. TREES. GRASS. JUNGLE. Everything looks so beautiful, and perhaps this brings me back to my fascination with the game: everytime I get tired of something I discover something else that's even more interesting.

I talked to a mountainer who gave me a quest that he said would require more than one person to finish. Instead of doing it right away I decided to explore the area and meet some new people. Suprisingly I found a lot of people who I had seen around the snowy environments for a last couple weeks. Eventually I was able to start a group and do a couple kill quests. The enemies in this area and very tough and they give a lot of XP. This was made easier for me at first because I grouped with a dwarve priest. We died a couple times together but I thought nothing of it.

Later in the night I accepted some more kill quests and expected them to be just as easy. I had to kill 10 Shamans and 10 uber troggs. My WCIII intelligence helped me remember that Shamans use Bloodlust a lot, but I figured I could still kill them. I was wrong. After I finally found one I engaged it. Everything was going  well, but right when I was about to kill the Shaman it HEALED itself fully. I had like half my health and got killed. After I found my body I decided to run back to town, but these Seer Troggs surrounded me and killed me. This happen over and over again basically.

At one point I saw this Night Elve having trouble with a Shaman trogg. I jumped to the rescue and killed it right in time, at which point the Elve (female) thanked me. Since I needed to kill more I decided to follow her and her group into the Shaman cave. I helped out a bit but they never asked me to join their group. Finally I asked.

Goinio: I need to kill these Shamans but my powers are not great enough. Can I join your group?
Night Elve: *no answer*
Goinio: HARKEN TO ME
Night Elve: Oh, we're done here. Good bye. And thanks for the help
Goinio: AW SHIT!

At that point a fucking Shaman came out of NOWHERE and started raping me while the Night Elve and her entire group slowly walked away. I will never trust Night Elves again

So I died there, and then I died again after I found my body. At that point just said fuck it and decided to have my body revived; I had more than enough money to get everything repaired. I then decided to get better armor before trying to fight the Shamans again. After that I found this small gnome and we formed a group. We agreed to help each other with our quests but at that point my computer started lagging. He told me to turn the settings down so I did; the game looks ugly now (well the trees/bushes do) but it works better. I'll try to see if I can fix that.

After I helped him kill the Seers he needed for his quest I escorted him back to town where he got his reward. At that point he said "lol I have to go to bed" and left. ARRRGHHHGHAAH

MrAngryFace

« Reply #117 on: December 29, 2006, 02:26:05 PM »
Haha, its cool youre getting into it. Ive played so much im at the point where its all mechanical, no more adventures. Just quest grind. Ive sorta taken a break till the expansion comes out tho, just got a gamecube with a buncha games so what are ya gonna do.

Also Night Elf players are some of the dumbest around.
o_0

whiteACID

• RAWR
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2006, 04:28:48 PM »
Stranglethorn Vale?
boo

cubicle47b

« Reply #119 on: December 29, 2006, 04:49:32 PM »
Dustwallow Marsh, maybe.