Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3420948 times)

chronovore

• relapsed dev
Re: New Random Talk Thread: Let the Bottom-Feeding Commence!
« Reply #30060 on: May 14, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
I'd say Roku is the best for supporting everything including Amazon video and having a remote.

Doesn't the remote also have a headphone jack in it? That's gotta be cool.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #30061 on: May 14, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »
I'd say Roku is the best for supporting everything including Amazon video and having a remote.

Doesn't the remote also have a headphone jack in it? That's gotta be cool.

It does indeedly doodily. From what I remember when shopping for these things a few months ago, the Fire stick has the most processing power/RAM but Roku functions without any lag although I've only tested it with Netflix and Amazon Video. Apparently if you play games with the streaming sticks, there is a large advantage for the Fire stick. Ultimately I went with the one that just does the video streaming thing well.

The Chromecast is a cool device due to its versatility but it doesn't seem to be as geared towards regular TV watching. As PD says, you have navigate with your phone everytime. Good for parties tho.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30062 on: May 15, 2017, 08:18:51 AM »
Ever find a chick so hot at one time that her quirks were delightful to you only to run into her years later and when there is no fucking involved you realize how annoying they are? :lol

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30063 on: May 15, 2017, 08:35:25 AM »
Ever find a chick so hot at one time that her quirks were delightful to you only to run into her years later and when there is no fucking involved you realize how annoying they are? :lol
I had a very similar experience with you-know-who years back after he did something weird. :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30064 on: May 15, 2017, 10:35:05 AM »
I had a very similar experience with you-know-who years back after he did something weird. :lol
:stahp :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30065 on: May 15, 2017, 10:41:33 AM »
Was on the phone with someone when one of the more notorious partners came stomping down to our office, screaming about something.  Expletives flying out all over the place.  I hear "I HAVE NEVER BEEN TALKED TO THAT WAY IN MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!!".  Then one of the DTS guys sticks his head in and says "Dosukebe, [Partner] is here to see you.  I just kept looking straight ahead at my PC and kept talking to the person I was on the phone with.  :lol  Fortunately for me, one of the heads of IT walked over and got the guy to calm down, then took him away from our location.

So what was he so pissed off about?  This guy has been having problems with a loaner datacard we gave him.  But that wasn't it, either.

Earlier this morning, his secretary sent us a message, asking if we had any more datacards available to give him.  I asked if I could give him a second one, was told no, and politely responded (to the secretary directly, not him) that "we cannot loan out two datacards at once and to please return the first card and we'll be glad to provide a second one if available." 

And this is what set the guy off.  Seriously.    He is one of those special snowflakes who feels very much entitled to everything and will act like a complete manchild if he doesn't get his way.  There are stories of him cornering people and blasting them for shit they had nothing to do with.

So hopefully that's that and he won't try to come back here to scream at me again later.  :doge
ど助平

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #30066 on: May 15, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »

:gurl

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30067 on: May 15, 2017, 11:07:30 AM »
Why bother naming someone nobody else here would know?

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #30068 on: May 15, 2017, 11:25:10 AM »
I know who she's referring to, that's what the scust is for :pacspit

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30069 on: May 15, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
:comeon

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #30070 on: May 15, 2017, 11:31:45 AM »
And that man's name?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:bobby
[close]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #30071 on: May 15, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
And that man's name?

[close]

Albert Einstein?

Oh.

Marine Todd?
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30072 on: May 15, 2017, 11:40:17 AM »
:comeon
That was in agreement of the vague choice of words. :stahp

Didn't know Purr Skirrp knew, too. :yeshrug

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30073 on: May 15, 2017, 11:56:49 AM »
He doesn't. No one would know, except Momo because we've been friends for like 8 years. So we can safely diss common acquaintances. :lol

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30074 on: May 15, 2017, 12:08:31 PM »
I should just stop making assumptions. :shaq2

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #30075 on: May 15, 2017, 12:29:03 PM »
He doesn't. No one would know, except Momo because we've been friends for like 8 years. So we can safely diss common acquaintances. :lol

:neo

I should just stop making assumptions. :shaq2

Me too. Thought that was some vaguebooking in reference to Evilore :yuck

Feels good being so wrong.

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30076 on: May 15, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

Dude what the fuck  :kobeyuck :kobeyuck :kobeyuck

Purrp Skirrp

• Mr. Paté
« Reply #30077 on: May 15, 2017, 01:20:20 PM »

Dude what the fuck  :kobeyuck :kobeyuck :kobeyuck

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30078 on: May 17, 2017, 10:21:35 AM »
And that man's name?

[close]

Albert Einstein?

Oh.

Marine Todd?

David Fucking Bowie.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #30079 on: May 24, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
I met Brandnew in Nashville. Nice handsome dude.  Would defiintely :lawd

We were supposed to hang out two nights in a row but I got stuck babysitting a drunk winemaker
[close]
vin

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30080 on: May 25, 2017, 06:47:32 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/are-charter-schools-the-new-mortgage-crisis-2016-1

Is there a way to short charter schools? Asking for a friend.  :doge

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30081 on: May 28, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
My cousin broke up with his fiancé this week.

Which I'm relieved to hear because I didn't want to waste vacation days going to a wedding in NJ. And last time I had visited my cousin I could tell he was having second thoughts about marrying this girl after we had a couple of drinks.  :doge

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30082 on: May 28, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »
My cousin broke up with his fiancé this week.

Which I'm relieved to hear because I didn't want to waste vacation days going to a wedding in NJ. And last time I had visited my cousin I could tell he was having second thoughts about marrying this girl after we had a couple of drinks.  :doge

:dap

When I had /just/ arrived back in the USA, my sister told me our cousin was getting married again. My sis asked me, "You're going, right?"

Me: "No, why would I go?"

Sis: "It's her WEDDING."

Me: "She HAD ONE already. I went to it. I drove from Santa Cruz to Fresno for it. I brought gifts. She got divorced and is getting a do-over, but I'm done. Anything else is superfluous."

<.<

My brother-in-law said, "Dude, it's /your/ cousin, but I'm going. Are you going to make me face this alone? There are craft beer places on the way."

Me: "I'm in."

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30083 on: May 28, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
Oh yeah, I didn't mention that my cousin married some other girl a couple of years ago and ended up divorcing her after a year. (I didn't have to go to that one because my family knew it wasn't going to last.)

So if you thought I was bad for going "Facebook official" after sleeping with some girl a handful of times my cousin is even worse.  :doge

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30084 on: May 28, 2017, 01:37:04 PM »
A female friend suddenly wanted Indian cock so she moved to India to marry some guy (I met him though, he's pretty cool). But then they decided they were gonna have their wedding in India, and heavily implied she was expecting all of her friends/family to fly from Japan to attend (aka pay their own flight tickets + hotel). I hit "Can't Go" on their Facebook event page faster than speed of light. :doge

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #30085 on: May 28, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »
I had a friend who wanted a destination wedding but expected everyone to pay for themselves to go.  After almost nobody agreed to go they decided to keep it in the US but they were butthurt that nobody wanted to spend a couple grand (minimum) going to Hawaii for a wedding.
🍆🍆

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30086 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21:32 PM »
I had a friend who wanted a destination wedding but expected everyone to pay for themselves to go.  After almost nobody agreed to go they decided to keep it in the US but they were butthurt that nobody wanted to spend a couple grand (minimum) going to Hawaii for a wedding.

Hopefully their friends pointed out what selfish shitheads the couple were being.

El Babua

« Reply #30087 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21:38 PM »
My friend may have done a destination wedding in Italy had they stationed him there. Glad that didn't happen lol

I'm also happy you don't have to spend vacation days to go to New Jersey Atra. Bullet dodged on all fronts.

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30088 on: May 28, 2017, 10:24:46 PM »
A female friend suddenly wanted Indian cock so she moved to India to marry some guy (I met him though, he's pretty cool). But then they decided they were gonna have their wedding in India, and heavily implied she was expecting all of her friends/family to fly from Japan to attend (aka pay their own flight tickets + hotel). I hit "Can't Go" on their Facebook event page faster than speed of light. :doge

[close]

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30089 on: May 28, 2017, 11:50:46 PM »
Not sure India is a place I ever even want to visit.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #30090 on: May 28, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »
less poop on ground than sf
rub

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #30091 on: May 29, 2017, 12:20:27 AM »
I'm searching for an apartment to buy.  A 2 bd/2 ba 1200 square foot apartment in my area goes for $225,000, which I thought was steep until I saw Manhattan where they go for $2 million or San Francisco where they go for $1.5 million.  I guess $225k isn't so bad :lol :-\
🍆🍆

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #30092 on: May 29, 2017, 12:34:31 AM »
living in a place with affordable housing, eww

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30093 on: May 29, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
I'm sure I've mentioned how much I hate going to Costco.  Every fucking time:

-Can't find parking because the (huge) lot is always full, seven days a week, no matter when you go
-"Traffic jams" in the aisles because people stop short to grab samples
-Did I say "grab?"  I meant LUNGE.  People were almost fighting to get a sample of some fucking cake
-Long lines at the checkout
-More lines as you wait for the Costco gestapopolice to check your receipt on the way out.

Thought I had it made when I got in a self-checkout line with only two people ahead, both with 1-2 items each.  Unfortunately, the kids in front of me held the line up because they were too stupid to use the check-out and didn't know that they had to swipe their membership card first.
:dead

I'm searching for an apartment to buy.  A 2 bd/2 ba 1200 square foot apartment in my area goes for $225,000, which I thought was steep until I saw Manhattan where they go for $2 million or San Francisco where they go for $1.5 million.  I guess $225k isn't so bad :lol :-\

Yeah, I found a 2.5 bed/2 bath 1500 square foot condo for $149,000 two years ago and jumped right on it...and the estimated value is already up like $30,000 because the area its in is being built up and growing.  Fucking insane, man.  I think we are going to need a bigger place because my wife finally wants to start a family, but I have no idea what the hell we're gonna be able to afford in this area since prices only seem to be climbing.  Figure it will be at least another 3-5 years before I have to worry about it, though.
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30094 on: May 29, 2017, 03:17:39 PM »
Yeah, I found a 2.5 bed/2 bath 1500 square foot condo for $149,000 two years ago and jumped right on it...and the estimated value is already up like $30,000 because the area its in is being built up and growing.  Fucking insane, man.  I think we are going to need a bigger place because my wife finally wants to start a family, but I have no idea what the hell we're gonna be able to afford in this area since prices only seem to be climbing.  Figure it will be at least another 3-5 years before I have to worry about it, though.

Don't worry, the housing market is going to crash hard sometime in the next few years, so you should be able to get something relatively cheap then.
dog

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30095 on: May 29, 2017, 03:29:32 PM »
That'll probably be the time I'll be able to buy a house.

I'm just saving as much money as I can right now.

El Babua

« Reply #30096 on: May 29, 2017, 10:48:28 PM »
Waiting for a crash right now tbh.

Prices blew up where I'm at in the last year or so.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #30097 on: May 30, 2017, 12:49:09 AM »
legit wtf seeing yall complaining about house prices around $200k. In my area you can't find anything for less than a $800k. Go 3 miles west to Cupertino with the better schools and it's double that.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #30098 on: May 30, 2017, 03:29:42 AM »
A decent house here is about $100k

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #30099 on: May 30, 2017, 09:21:59 AM »
Girlfriend and I spent the weekend north of NYC in the Hudson Valley. We did a day hiking Bear Mountain State Park, saw some bears. Ate at a fancy restaurant by a lake, kayaked a bit, saw Alien Covenant (it was trash) in a cheapo local theater.

All around a nice getaway from the smelly busy city. What's even better is that it's only like 90 minutes away so we could go back again anytime we want without much planning.
nat

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30100 on: May 31, 2017, 03:03:05 PM »
legit wtf seeing yall complaining about house prices around $200k. In my area you can't find anything for less than a $800k. Go 3 miles west to Cupertino with the better schools and it's double that.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

LOL san francisco bay area

I've seen videos on people taking to living in RVs full-time and parking (illegally) on the streets.  People paying crazy prices to live in garages.   One guy even moved into a moving/storage truck and said he didn't care because his job had showers, bathrooms, and food all day/night long.  Crazy.  But those people at least have tech jobs.  There was another couple, with a couple of kids, who crammed into an RV and worked as house cleaners for a living.  Like...why would you stay?  Especially when all your shit is already ready to move in your vehicle?  And their answer was "because we've always been here."
:dead
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:17:22 PM by Dosukebe »
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #30101 on: June 01, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »
New picture of my doge

🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30102 on: June 01, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »
Will follow this trend with picture of mi doge:

ど助平

seagrams hotsauce

« Reply #30103 on: June 01, 2017, 08:29:01 PM »
i love both of your stupid dogs

oh yes i do yes i do who's a good dog oh it's YOU yes you are aren't you just delightful oh i know

etiolate

« Reply #30104 on: June 02, 2017, 01:55:30 PM »
I just googled for a banana bread recipe.

The top result tells people that the first step is removing "odd pots and pans from the oven".

Can someone else confirm this is the result for everyone.

And why are people who make banana bread storing all their pots and pans in the oven?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #30105 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
Confirmed.

That's something Hispanics do.  They put a ton of shit in the oven.  I discovered this the hard way when I tried to make some food at my Mother in Law's place years ago and I melted a ton of Tupperware that she had sitting in her oven :doge

Directions

1.Remove odd pots and pans from oven.
2.Preheat oven to 350º.
3.Cream together butter and sugar.
4.Add eggs and crushed bananas.
5.Combine well.
6.Sift together flour, soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add vanilla.
7.Mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
8.Pour into greased and floured loaf pan.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #30106 on: June 02, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
Not for me, maybe google has flagged you as special needs

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #30107 on: June 02, 2017, 04:18:27 PM »
My mother stores stuff in the oven too. And the microwave. And under the kitchen table, so you can't actually sit at it. Going by relatively recent complaints about her apartment magically shrinking on her, the situation has not improved. :shaq2

Atramental

• 🧘‍♂️
« Reply #30108 on: June 02, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #30109 on: June 02, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
Putting pots and pans in the oven is a way to keep the heat in the oven easier when you're baking shit. For some things this is pretty important like with bread and the oven needs to be super fucking hot. When you pre-heat and then open the door to put stuff in, the hot air just goes right out. But when it's pre-heated and it's almost full of stuff, you open the door, the heat stays in. So you only leave just enough space to bake your shit.

How do you weak ass niccas not know this. smh

Same stuff with a fridge. If it's full of stuff and you open the door, the cold won't get out so easily.

:wtf you high right now?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #30110 on: June 02, 2017, 06:39:18 PM »
:( I'm a weak ass nicca cause I don't stuff the oven to make bread.  I just get it at the store. 

nudemacusers

« Reply #30111 on: June 02, 2017, 06:41:25 PM »
I just googled for a banana bread recipe.

The top result tells people that the first step is removing "odd pots and pans from the oven".

Can someone else confirm this is the result for everyone.

And why are people who make banana bread storing all their pots and pans in the oven?
The only banana bread you need

https://www.facebook.com/TheAlmostHomeCoalition/posts/407513532617648
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

etiolate

« Reply #30112 on: June 02, 2017, 07:48:11 PM »
I finished the banana bread. Dufus, I don't think what you've been using is an actual oven.

PS: I don't like nuts in my banana bread. Sorry MAC

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #30113 on: June 02, 2017, 07:54:21 PM »
That's OK, you get enough nuts from your intellectual consumption already.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 08:01:49 PM by TheInfelicitousDandy »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #30114 on: June 02, 2017, 09:02:58 PM »

Last time I lived in California, I was in Redwood City. It's a bland, nowheresville place without any actual personality except a very small "old town" set of 3x3 small city blocks. There's nothing special about the place excepting that nearby are EA, Crystal Dynamics, and at the time Dreamworks' CG film rendering center. It's just stuck between more desirable zip codes.

Even so, the 1BR mother-in-law cottage I rented behind someone else's RWC house was considered an incredible steal at $1800/month, but that's also what my mortgage costs for my 2-story, 3BR, solar-powered home in Osaka.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30115 on: June 03, 2017, 08:12:43 AM »
Killed my smartphone (one drop too many) and had to go to the shop to get an "entry-level" replacement. Went for the ASUS Zenfone 3 Max because of the autonomy, had to get in gold because that was the only color left ( :lol ).
I liked Windows 10 mobile (but I am not big on apps, social media, games or videos) and I'm not super thrilled of going back under Android despite the obviously much better choice of third party apps but the phone in itself is an improvement if only on the autonomy. Also loves to get the FM radio chip back. The Microsoft Lumia was too short legged in the end.

My provider plan is coming up soon as well, maybe I'll try a Huawei or Honor ?
ὕβρις

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30116 on: June 03, 2017, 08:43:35 AM »
Huawei is good! I tested some of them before and the camera is pretty good on the new models. Haven't actually heart of Honor before though.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30117 on: June 03, 2017, 08:49:50 AM »
Huawei is good! I tested some of them before and the camera is pretty good on the new models. Haven't actually heart of Honor before though.

Honor is a Huawei line that became its own brand (still owned by Huawei) and apparently considered among the best entry level Android phones. Both brands made huge strides in France in the recent years.
ὕβρις

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #30118 on: June 03, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
Oh I see, so you'd probably like both then. Maybe just compare them with prices, budget and specs? Only you know what you'll like in the end.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #30119 on: June 03, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »
I finished the banana bread. Dufus, I don't think what you've been using is an actual oven.

PS: I don't like nuts in my banana bread. Sorry MAC

Nuts in bread is awful. Nuts in brownies is awful.
rub