Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3362902 times)

Himu

Re: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening
« Reply #36060 on: September 24, 2022, 10:51:05 PM »
I really dslike how leftist academia is. The grad program I was in, the program I'm currently looking at, all the gender studies stuff. It's ridiculous how pervasive this stuff is and how they have to shove their agenda.
IYKYK

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #36061 on: September 25, 2022, 04:34:59 PM »
Himu, academia isn't "leftist".

I've given you a lot of shit cause you seemingly took a weird turn, to me at least. It's not academia.

I'll be honest, it seems like you're being radicalized.

Bebpo

« Reply #36062 on: September 29, 2022, 04:59:51 PM »
You know, I'm pro bringing back extinct species if they are cool big ones. I would like to bring back the T-rex.

Majority of intelligent people seem against bringing back extinct species, especially against bringing back dinosaurs, but this is my one fuck you, got mine thing, where I don't care what negative effects on the world there would be, if I can go see a T-rex in person that off-sets them all (unless I get eaten). I'm sure it would be better contained them Jurassic Park. Just don't bring back the flying ones or underwater ones and put the zoo on an island so worst case scenario they're contained.

Plus pretty sure we could take any non-flying dinos if they got out given our surveillance abilities and massive amount of weapons in the world. I don't think an escaped T-Rex would cause too much havok.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36063 on: September 29, 2022, 06:22:16 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:35:18 PM by team filler »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36064 on: September 29, 2022, 06:24:42 PM »
christ i hope some scientist manages to resurrect a stegosaur so it fucks you to death
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36065 on: September 29, 2022, 09:37:24 PM »
You know, I'm pro bringing back extinct species if they are cool big ones. I would like to bring back the T-rex.

Majority of intelligent people seem against bringing back extinct species, especially against bringing back dinosaurs, but this is my one fuck you, got mine thing, where I don't care what negative effects on the world there would be, if I can go see a T-rex in person that off-sets them all (unless I get eaten). I'm sure it would be better contained them Jurassic Park. Just don't bring back the flying ones or underwater ones and put the zoo on an island so worst case scenario they're contained.

Plus pretty sure we could take any non-flying dinos if they got out given our surveillance abilities and massive amount of weapons in the world. I don't think an escaped T-Rex would cause too much havok.
You want exticnt giant fauna to be revived?

Make the primary purpose hunting safaris or survival reality TV where we can watch survivalist influencers get torn to shreds.

You will have that shit funded in an instant.
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36066 on: October 04, 2022, 02:17:50 AM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:35:05 PM by team filler »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36067 on: October 04, 2022, 09:05:14 AM »
what do you do when your neighbor screams obscenities at the top of her lungs outside in her yard for hours from 11 PM to 1 AM several times a week and you know she has a few very young kids but maybe it's none of your business except it keeps you awake at night and is the kind of screaming that sounds like it's about to erupt into violence and it's mystifying how none of your other neighbors have called the cops themselves yet
Uncle

archnemesis

« Reply #36068 on: October 04, 2022, 09:16:36 AM »
what do you do when your neighbor screams obscenities at the top of her lungs outside in her yard for hours from 11 PM to 1 AM several times a week and you know she has a few very young kids but maybe it's none of your business except it keeps you awake at night and is the kind of screaming that sounds like it's about to erupt into violence and it's mystifying how none of your other neighbors have called the cops themselves yet
You could call the police (114 14, for non-emergencies). They will send out a patrol car if they aren't busy with more important tasks. If needed, they will also contact social services to help the children.

Some municipalities also have a number you can call for general disturbances ("störningsjour"). If you're lucky they will send out a couple of guards who will politely ask the neighbor to not disturb the neighborhood.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36069 on: October 04, 2022, 11:38:45 AM »
Being a sexual have nothing to do with vanity, and getting paid.

:shrug

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36070 on: October 04, 2022, 04:26:51 PM »
I think all parents have urges like this, but actually doing it is probably a sign that something might be broken inside. Call the non-emergency police number.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36071 on: October 04, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
full details:

- they moved in at the start of covid. one day I opened my garage door to see a 5 year old girl standing there.  I kind of said uhhh sweetie please move so I can leave? mom came running over and hurriedly said she's immunocompromised and please put my mask on. I thought, that seems like a good concerned parent

- a guy was involved at some point but haven't seen him in a while.  they used to scream at each other.  I can't make it all out most of the time but at one point heard something like "you're more interested in smoking crack than taking care of our daughter" "tell that to the filthy whore you're fucking"

:-\

- the yells last night were something about "...out in the yard you lazy son of a bitch" and this morning trash was scattered all over their yard

- earlier today she was yelling in the backyard while seemingly playing with the daughter. I don't know if it was aggressive or if she's just always a yelly person? but she had a full on dark knight joker red smile painted on, I really hope it was something silly like she let the girl do goofy makeup for fun

:joker

- also today a big plastic squeegee receptacle of the kind mounted at gas stations was busted up lying in front of my garage door so I couldn't pull in (along with other trash).  I put it in the grassy median between our houses so I could get in.  when I came out a few hours later it was thrown in front of my door again

??? ??? ???
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #36072 on: October 04, 2022, 05:43:39 PM »
Do you live in West Virginia
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36073 on: October 04, 2022, 05:58:08 PM »
Do you live in West Virginia

no!! it's a nice quiet street with retirees and friendly families playing basketball!

was
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36074 on: October 04, 2022, 10:04:07 PM »
Sounds fucked.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36075 on: October 05, 2022, 09:21:30 AM »
twist: uncle is the "guy involved"

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36076 on: October 08, 2022, 02:02:38 AM »
My dog is elderly, and I haven't slept because she keeps wanting to go out.

I feel like bale in machinist

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36077 on: October 08, 2022, 06:19:29 AM »
That's hard dude.  My dog is 12.  Taking care of her is certainly getting more difficult. 

james

« Reply #36078 on: October 08, 2022, 12:32:22 PM »

Get a doggy door

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36079 on: October 08, 2022, 02:37:52 PM »

Get a doggy door

I'm poor  and live in an apt.

mr money bags

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36080 on: October 08, 2022, 07:43:32 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:34:47 PM by team filler »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36081 on: October 08, 2022, 07:44:33 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:34:39 PM by team filler »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36082 on: October 10, 2022, 05:13:30 PM »
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 09:34:25 PM by team filler »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36083 on: October 22, 2022, 01:28:43 PM »
full details:

- they moved in at the start of covid. one day I opened my garage door to see a 5 year old girl standing there.  I kind of said uhhh sweetie please move so I can leave? mom came running over and hurriedly said she's immunocompromised and please put my mask on. I thought, that seems like a good concerned parent

- a guy was involved at some point but haven't seen him in a while.  they used to scream at each other.  I can't make it all out most of the time but at one point heard something like "you're more interested in smoking crack than taking care of our daughter" "tell that to the filthy whore you're fucking"

:-\

- the yells last night were something about "...out in the yard you lazy son of a bitch" and this morning trash was scattered all over their yard

- earlier today she was yelling in the backyard while seemingly playing with the daughter. I don't know if it was aggressive or if she's just always a yelly person? but she had a full on dark knight joker red smile painted on, I really hope it was something silly like she let the girl do goofy makeup for fun

:joker

- also today a big plastic squeegee receptacle of the kind mounted at gas stations was busted up lying in front of my garage door so I couldn't pull in (along with other trash).  I put it in the grassy median between our houses so I could get in.  when I came out a few hours later it was thrown in front of my door again

??? ??? ???

update on this situation:

today I was watching a podcast on my TV at a reasonable volume

suddenly the lady starts screaming WHAT?!? WHAT?!? and banging on my garage door, I mute because I want to hear what she's yelling about

a minute later there's a splash sound on my porch and she screams MOTHER FUCKING CREEPER, I HEAR YOU IN THERE YELLING FOR HELP

I called the non-emergency police line and said I don't know what the hell to do and told them the whole story

after some talk she asked me to go outside and see what was thrown on my house, with her on the line, so I did (seems like it was water or beer or whatever she had on hand)

but as I stepped outside, neighbor was there and said hey, so we talked, without her knowing that the police were listening

I was basically like can I help you, is there anything I'm doing wrong or need to do differently, and she was kind of apologetic like no no, we're good...

she asked who was screaming for help and I said no one, I was just watching TV with people talking calmly, and she was like was it a scary movie? nope...

"oh well it must've been the voices in my head, sometimes I hear spirits, I'm in the middle of a stress breakdown right now"  :derp

she asked me if I was a priest, and then if I was catholic, and then said she was a spirit medium and hears a lot of voices

I asked her about the big plastic squeegee thing I mentioned above and she said oh honey I've been in and out of a psych ward, I have no idea

:insane

also she has meth mouth

but basically a peaceful conversation and she ended with a fist bump  :respect

got back inside, the dispatcher heard every word and was like dude, that's...something

they are not sending someone right now because I expressed my concern that I didn't want her to connect the dots and live next to a strung out mental patient who hates me, but next time there's a disturbance at midnight I should call

basically the best possible situation, all things considered...the fact that she happened to be outside, and in a mood to chat, while the cops listened

but jesus christ

:phil :tinfoil
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36084 on: October 22, 2022, 07:16:08 PM »
Sounds fucked.
I stand by this opinion.

Don't rile up the meth head mental patient.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36085 on: October 24, 2022, 01:27:52 PM »
I don't know any of you, but I know alot of you.

Just wanted to follow up, we ended up putting our beautiful princess chihuahua to sleep last week.

It's been tough. I don't know why I'm posting this, I don't really want sympathy.  Maybe as a writer and an artist I just need to put word to thoughts to let it out.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36086 on: October 24, 2022, 01:33:14 PM »
Sorry man.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36087 on: October 24, 2022, 01:59:19 PM »
Thanks mad, it was her time.

I feel selfish every time I want to see her running around again.

They give us their entire life. 

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #36088 on: October 24, 2022, 02:01:37 PM »

Just wanted to follow up, we ended up putting our beautiful princess chihuahua to sleep last week.

It's been tough. I don't know why I'm posting this, I don't really want sympathy.  Maybe as a writer and an artist I just need to put word to thoughts to let it out.

How old was she?
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36089 on: October 24, 2022, 02:01:56 PM »
15 coming up on 16

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36090 on: October 24, 2022, 03:44:51 PM »

Had to do the same earlier this year. I still come downstairs in the morning expecting to be greeted at the back door begging for a treat.
Spud

james

« Reply #36091 on: October 24, 2022, 04:24:53 PM »
If I had Elon Musk money, I would spend my full R&D on making dogs live 50 years

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36092 on: October 25, 2022, 04:01:44 AM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:03:25 AM by team filler »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36093 on: October 25, 2022, 11:38:08 AM »
Stop simpin and move on :stahp
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #36094 on: October 25, 2022, 12:31:01 PM »
I would spend it on figuring out how to get the one girl I want to talk to reply to me

Stop DMing Valkyrie.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36095 on: October 26, 2022, 04:54:12 PM »
I  thought I was done.

I'm bawling for this fucking beautiful dog.

laugh at me

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36096 on: October 26, 2022, 05:05:31 PM »
it's alright man, my childhood cat and dog are long gone but if I let myself sit and really think about them I'll tear up too

poor cat became deaf and at the end became blind and started bumping into things, those final moments with the car ride and vet's office she must've been so scared...if we'd known it was coming it would've been more merciful to be able to put her down before that point

:fbm
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36097 on: October 26, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »
They're so innocent.

Their stupid little tongue.

thank you uncle

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36098 on: October 27, 2022, 02:14:33 AM »
I  thought I was done.

I'm bawling for this fucking beautiful dog.

laugh at me

When we had to put our family dog down, my parents were out fishing, and my sister couldn’t deal with it emotionally, so I took the dog to the veterinarian by myself. I stayed with him while he passed, then I went out to my car and cried harder than I ever had in my life.

There’s absolutely no shame and crying at the loss of one of the few sources of perfect love we have in the world.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36099 on: October 27, 2022, 02:52:52 AM »
Out of all the family members that passed away I miss my childhood cat the most   :cry
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36100 on: October 27, 2022, 04:09:41 AM »
Yeah, but you're Dutch so I think it's a legal requirement for you to have the emotional range of a fridge magnet.
Spud

james

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36102 on: October 29, 2022, 11:13:00 AM »
If there's a genocide I would support, it would be a complete extermination of Reddit mods.
Spud

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36103 on: November 02, 2022, 12:06:49 AM »
Saw Big grande live, was great

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36104 on: November 03, 2022, 05:03:54 AM »
flirting with nuns is something everyone should experience.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #36105 on: November 06, 2022, 06:02:42 AM »
Last night I got the munchies and went digging round the kitchen for goodies. I found a bag of beef Hula Hoops and some boursin cheese. I was sat on the couch when inspiration struck. I put the Hula Hoops on my fingers and scooped the cheese onto my glorious beef dusted digits like a mad king. I've finally done it guys. I've gone next level.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36106 on: November 09, 2022, 03:12:50 AM »
Today was a good day.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36107 on: November 09, 2022, 02:25:43 PM »
Today was a good day.

Mom cooked you breakfast with no hog?
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36108 on: November 09, 2022, 02:28:41 PM »
Today was a good day.

Mom cooked you breakfast with no hog?

I only had happy tears and put away alot her her stuff.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36109 on: November 09, 2022, 03:12:58 PM »
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36110 on: November 09, 2022, 04:37:32 PM »
I assumed that was one of the "good" qualities because he had converted to Islam and didn't eat pork.
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36111 on: November 09, 2022, 04:51:16 PM »
I assumed that was one of the "good" qualities because he had converted to Islam and didn't eat pork.

other threads online seem to uncritically repeat that he converted to islam and thus didn't eat pork, but interestingly that particular thread questions this idea

he is quoted as saying: "Ah, when you say involved with the Nation, it's tricky. I never was in the Nation of Islam... I mean, what I call myself is a natural Muslim, 'cause it's just me and God. You know, going to the mosque, the ritual and the tradition, it's just not in me to do. So I don't do it."

so if he didn't really follow any rules, he may have not cared about the prohibition of pork

also, the song was recorded in 1992, some accounts say he converted to islam in "the early 90s" and others say "the mid 90s," so it may have been written before this would've mattered to him

:idont
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #36112 on: November 10, 2022, 10:00:06 AM »
Truly one of life's great mysteries.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36113 on: November 10, 2022, 10:08:05 AM »
Joe, check your pms

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36114 on: November 10, 2022, 10:31:06 AM »
Bombed an interview hard.  Never done so poorly before.  Questions weren't even hard.   :-\

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36115 on: November 10, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
Sometimes it's like that. Pick yourself up and get ready for the next one.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #36116 on: November 10, 2022, 02:16:54 PM »
Sometimes it's like that. Pick yourself up and get ready for the next one.

There's no other option.

Giving up isn't one.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #36117 on: November 10, 2022, 02:30:09 PM »
Thanks.  I wasn't super hot on the job so it's not a big let down, mostly just embarrassed with myself (and cause a friend recommended me).  O well.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #36118 on: November 10, 2022, 02:38:57 PM »
I remember one interview I did, they asked for a PowerPoint presentation. I went super simple on the PowerPoint and tried to focus on the content. As soon as I opened the presentation, I saw the reaction on the panel's faces and knew they wanted to see one of those complicated presentations with animation and dumb slide transitions. I didn't get the job. It was probably for the best given that my style wouldn't have fit the culture.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #36119 on: November 10, 2022, 02:44:45 PM »
"well Mr. Potato, you're the only one who was capable enough to insert a loop of distracting stock footage of business being conducted in the background of every slide, and the only candidate with the tenacity to include a star wipe. welcome aboard"
Uncle