Author Topic: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening  (Read 3370999 times)

Bebpo

Re: Random talk thread: It just keeps happening
« Reply #36480 on: July 05, 2023, 08:28:47 PM »
Dont listen to Nintex in the Nertherlands people move out and take the floor with them and the next person has to bring their own floor its insane

:what

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
:O

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36482 on: July 06, 2023, 02:57:13 AM »
Yall use other peoples floors?
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36483 on: July 06, 2023, 04:25:32 AM »
I put laminate flooring into my own crib

Also bought two new HDD's, one an SSD lol 2TB and one 8TB HDD both external

Time to install my entire Steam Library lmao
What

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #36484 on: July 06, 2023, 08:54:59 PM »
I was watching a music video and saw “Edited by Miles Trahan”.  I thought no friggin way, looked up our boy and sure enough. He’s worked on a lot of music videos it seems. Thats pretty bad ass.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36485 on: July 07, 2023, 12:51:48 AM »
I was watching a music video and saw “Edited by Miles Trahan”.  I thought no friggin way, looked up our boy and sure enough. He’s worked on a lot of music videos it seems. Thats pretty bad ass.

ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #36486 on: July 07, 2023, 03:26:03 AM »
Yall use other peoples floors?

Might as well raze the place to the ground and start from scratch then.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #36487 on: July 07, 2023, 05:06:40 AM »

Had the same kind of realisation a while back. Guy that made that Dusk boomer shooter game is someone I knew from the Gametrailers forums. Figured it out by his dot IO site still using his old user gametrailers username. Pretty cool stuff.

Himu

« Reply #36488 on: July 07, 2023, 01:17:51 PM »

Yeah he edits for films and music videos and such. He's done well for himself. Check his instagram, he's doing good.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #36489 on: July 12, 2023, 02:23:31 PM »
Survived my experimental surgery. Don’t know if it worked or not for 6-8 weeks and want to kill myself from the pain but the drugs at least bring the pain down to like 9/10 and I’ll manage.

But at least didn’t die so far, so yay for that and I guess I’ll be able to finish FF16.

Theoretically this should be the last surgery for me after 4 surgeries in the last year.

Bebpo

« Reply #36490 on: July 13, 2023, 05:55:53 PM »
Well the last 24 hours kinda made me wish I died

Have you ever had constant pain so extreme that pain killers DO NOTHING? Yeaaaaah. Like the every 4-6 hour pain killers would take 20 mins to kick in, bring the pain down from 12/10 to like 8/10 for about an hour and then it would go straight back to 12/10 and had to watch the clock and endure every minute for another 4-5 hours until next one.

Went back to the doctor today and asked if I could check myself into a hospital and be on some pain med IV drip for a day or two until I get past the initial post-surgery pain and he said don't be dumb and it is really bad and this is the worst of it and just endure it for 48-72 hours and then it'll get manageable and the pain meds will work like normal as the immediate pain levels lower.

Couldn't sleep because PAIN. But the pain killers would make me sleepy, so I'd just be unable to focus and nod off and wake up a second later over and over all night.

Anyhow, maybe day 2 today will be a bit better. Hope it is.

Polident Hive

« Reply #36491 on: July 14, 2023, 09:35:39 PM »
Hoping you feel better, man.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #36492 on: July 15, 2023, 08:54:41 PM »
What was the surgery for?

Bebpo

« Reply #36493 on: July 16, 2023, 10:51:11 PM »
After like 4 days of 12/10 pain, today is like 9/10 so I can actually function and think beyond the pain. Hopefully it's getting better.

I think what happened with the pain killers is that I already developed a tolerance to Vicodin/Norco after a couple surgeries with it :| Which would explain why they only work for like an hour and then have to wait another five hours to take the next one. This really sucks for recovering from an extremely painful surgery. Tomorrow I'm supposed to call my doctor to get a refill on the pain killers (since CA now only allows 5 days prescription at a time) and I'll see if he's open to changing to a different one. I think the only one left is Oxycotin and my doctor's pretty conservative and is very much a "use tylenol for surgeries" kind of guy so he may not want to prescribe that.

Butt stuff

spoiler (click to show/hide)
had a rectal infection in 2021 which turned into an abcess.
-had surgery last year in 2022 to cut open the abcess and drain it
-Didn't heal, so in 2023 they had to drill a hole in my butt from the outside to create a tunnel where the abcess could finish draining
-to repair that tunnel they drilled they are doing an experimental stem cell implant which they cut out of my abdomen two months ago
-so far success rate is like 55% and it's extremely painful having the implant
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #36494 on: July 18, 2023, 09:57:13 AM »
Goddamn that must suck... All strength to you, and hope you have a recovery soon

For me, my contract didnt get renewed, so now I have to find a new job.

This was my first editing position fulltime, so I hope I can stay in this business.

But reading Bepbo's nightmare story made me realize I shouldnt be so down on myself.
What

james

« Reply #36495 on: July 18, 2023, 10:04:15 AM »
After like 4 days of 12/10 pain, today is like 9/10 so I can actually function and think beyond the pain. Hopefully it's getting better.

I think what happened with the pain killers is that I already developed a tolerance to Vicodin/Norco after a couple surgeries with it :| Which would explain why they only work for like an hour and then have to wait another five hours to take the next one. This really sucks for recovering from an extremely painful surgery. Tomorrow I'm supposed to call my doctor to get a refill on the pain killers (since CA now only allows 5 days prescription at a time) and I'll see if he's open to changing to a different one. I think the only one left is Oxycotin and my doctor's pretty conservative and is very much a "use tylenol for surgeries" kind of guy so he may not want to prescribe that.

Butt stuff

-Didn't heal, so in 2023 they had to drill a hole in my butt from the outside to create a tunnel where the abcess could finish draining
-to repair that tunnel they drilled they are doing an experimental stem cell implant which they cut out of my abdomen two months ago
[close]

That sounds like a pain in the ass

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36496 on: July 18, 2023, 05:20:07 PM »
Got shot in the ass, doctor said it got infected,
Asked if I was in pain, his idea of a joke
At least he got the bullet out

maybe it's the mold, maybe monkeypox or maybe just my luck
whatever it is I gotta take a pill
Doctor doesn't know I've been on these pills for 2 decades
They do nothing to numb the pain,
asked around for help in this seedy place called Reddit

They tell me not to drink. Possibly dangerous, probably lethal
They can talk easily from their bedrooms and basements but they've never had Taco Bell this bad
🤴

james

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #36498 on: July 31, 2023, 11:14:02 PM »
And now you're saying I can fit on a plane.

james

« Reply #36499 on: August 01, 2023, 10:37:29 AM »
And now you're saying I can fit on a plane.

We support each other here

Bebpo

« Reply #36500 on: August 05, 2023, 10:57:32 PM »
Well, after a bit over 4 months of work, today finished assembling, cleaning up, fixing the last stuff at my new house and it's getting photos this week and listed for sale a few days afterwards.

Whether it sells or not and at what price will remain to be seen, but at least the work of bringing this house to sellable condition is officially done.

Unless something else falls apart in the next few weeks.
...which unfortunately based on this houses' track record, is very probable.

(fingers crossed)

Himu

« Reply #36501 on: August 06, 2023, 01:51:04 AM »

Butt stuff

[close]

How are you holding up? Prayers.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #36502 on: August 06, 2023, 02:20:52 PM »
How are you holding up? Prayers.

Doing pretty good. Not done healing yet, but like mostly there and pain level is pretty minimal and not really any worse than the daily pain I've been living with for the last year.

Basically back on my feet. Back to work full time and stuff. Just waiting for the healing to finish up and to be done with selling my house so I'll be in good health and have free time and then will start getting back to social life/travel/dating hopefully.

Himu

« Reply #36503 on: August 06, 2023, 02:49:11 PM »
Good news!!
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #36504 on: August 17, 2023, 05:17:28 PM »
My house is finally up for sale and during the first open house weekend, CA is having their first tropical storm since 1939 passing directly overhead.

:(

Fucking cursed house. The amount of damage that a real storm could do and cost me in repairing as I have to take the house off the market to fix it...could be really bad. Don't have flood insurance or anything.

Not to mention the first weekend on sale open house is the most important and people aren't going to come out during a major tropical storm. They're saying storm is predicted to hit with tons of rain Sun/Mon here in So Cal, so Saturday might at least be safe.

But yeah, real fucking nervous. Was finally at the finish line and about to get and review offers on Monday and hopefully get into contract to sell this place and then this storm/hurricane comes out of nowhere. Already had some people making verbal offers within 20k of what I'm asking and we told them to put it into writing, but nothing yet.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #36505 on: August 17, 2023, 11:23:43 PM »
Have you considered having a professional come in to remove the curse? Or even just an amateur who is willing to take a crack at it

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Bebpo

« Reply #36507 on: August 21, 2023, 11:02:11 AM »
So the once in 85 years act of god tropical storm that arrived during my first open house came and went.

Good news is that it didn't destroy the house and make me lose 1/2 my life savings with no flood insurance here (because we never have floods, it's CA), bad news is that a drain in the backyard got clogged and flooded the yard and an exterior structure, so may need to take the house off the market for a bit. And since getting a professional out right after a storm floods a million people's homes, will be impossible for a while, may end up being a pain.

Between loss in potential sales of the house, potentially lowered perceived values, and cost of repair, this may end up costing me like $20k, and profit margin was looking to be around $30-50k before tax, so should still be ok and not take a loss.

Definitely could have been worse, but yeah would've been nice if this did not happen  :(

Bebpo

« Reply #36508 on: September 12, 2023, 05:26:10 PM »
So the ending to my house hunt, house purchase, house fixing, house selling over the past year is that I ended up selling the house for about $250,000 more than I bought it and deducting costs put into repairs and costs of the house and commissions and stuff, and taxes I still ended up coming out pretty well ahead.

People kept asking me towards the end of the renovations/sales whether I'm going to do this again and start flipping houses on the side and I told them no fucking way. You couldn't pay me anything to go through the stress and depression and lack of having a life of this again, though I guess if you go into a purchase knowing you're going to flip it it's much less stressful and miserable than when you go in actually wanting to live there and then you've got to try to sell it and not lose a ton of money. Still, no fucking way.

So basically now I'm back where I was if I want to look for a house, but eh, I'm good for now. I'm making it through the summer in my condo with my AC and no reason to run out and deal with all the stress of a house and repairs.

Maybe I'll hit the road as a traveling nomad for a while.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:01:21 PM by Bebpo »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36509 on: September 12, 2023, 06:18:21 PM »
I wish all this was recorded in a reality tv show format

Himu

« Reply #36510 on: September 13, 2023, 01:16:41 AM »
Went to my grandmother's house today and watched soap opera with her. Love and hug your grandparents while they're still here brehs.
IYKYK

james

« Reply #36511 on: September 13, 2023, 02:24:23 PM »
selling the house for about $250,000 more than I bought it

hey its me you cousin i need money for food and college help

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36512 on: September 13, 2023, 04:38:54 PM »
So the ending to my house hunt, house purchase, house fixing, house selling over the past year is that I ended up selling the house for about $250,000 more than I bought it and deducting costs put into repairs and costs of the house and commissions and stuff, and taxes I still ended up coming out pretty well ahead.

People kept asking me towards the end of the renovations/sales whether I'm going to do this again and start flipping houses on the side and I told them no fucking way. You couldn't pay me anything to go through the stress and depression and lack of having a life of this again, though I guess if you go into a purchase knowing you're going to flip it it's much less stressful and miserable than when you go in actually wanting to live there and then you've got to try to sell it and not lose a ton of money. Still, no fucking way.

So basically now I'm back where I was if I want to look for a house, but eh, I'm good for now. I'm making it through the summer in my condo with my AC and no reason to run out and deal with all the stress of a house and repairs.

Maybe I'll hit the road as a traveling nomad for a while.
I told you folks, gamers always win :miyamoto
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #36513 on: September 14, 2023, 09:06:37 AM »
Thank you for contributing to the housing crisis.

:kermit
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36514 on: September 14, 2023, 07:19:56 PM »
bebps really made 250k on accident flipping a house. jews really are the chosen people

Bebpo

« Reply #36515 on: September 14, 2023, 07:55:49 PM »

Yeah, I know. My bad. Definitely contributing to raising the median house price for the neighborhood.  :-\

Bebpo

« Reply #36516 on: September 14, 2023, 07:57:12 PM »
bebps really made 250k on accident flipping a house. jews really are the chosen people

I didn't make $250k though. Costs/commissions/taxes eat up most of that. Still, at least my Jewish powers helped me make money instead of losing money.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36517 on: September 14, 2023, 09:45:39 PM »
shabbat shalom  :rejoice

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #36518 on: September 15, 2023, 12:54:08 PM »

Yeah, I know. My bad. Definitely contributing to raising the median house price for the neighborhood.  :-\

Go install blue lightbulbs in all the neighbors’ porch lights on your last night.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #36519 on: September 27, 2023, 01:22:58 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36520 on: September 27, 2023, 02:15:05 PM »
Lol get some work done in a train. Either your laptop is stolen before you board, you are distracted by the cum stains on your seat or some kid or hobo is throwing up all over you.

Trains suck.
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #36521 on: September 27, 2023, 11:41:10 PM »
So in my area, making new (non-dating) friends in your 40s is hard. I used to use Meetup.com but every damn group is 20s & 30s. Or there are some 50s and over groups. There's like nothing for 40s at all. Millennials don't make friends I guess.

Is it better to crash a 20s & 30s group or a 50s and over group?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36522 on: September 28, 2023, 12:10:14 AM »
I'll hang wid u bepbs. come pick me up, bb

james

« Reply #36523 on: September 28, 2023, 04:15:42 PM »
So in my area, making new (non-dating) friends in your 40s is hard. I used to use Meetup.com but every damn group is 20s & 30s. Or there are some 50s and over groups. There's like nothing for 40s at all. Millennials don't make friends I guess.

Is it better to crash a 20s & 30s group or a 50s and over group?

Covid destroyed meetup

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36524 on: September 29, 2023, 03:30:41 AM »
I put a link to thebore.com in my twitter bio  :lol

I'm sure at least a few of the sluts I harass on there have checked the link and saw the dumpster page "james is fat lol"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #36525 on: September 29, 2023, 05:22:22 PM »
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register:doge

Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register. :trumps
Sorry, only registered users can see this content. Please Login or Register.
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36526 on: September 30, 2023, 06:10:10 AM »
bebpo, if you want to visit the santa barbara county/san luis obispo county area. hit me up. I know the best places to eat and avoid people too if you need to for health reasons.  :pimp

BIONIC

« Reply #36527 on: September 30, 2023, 08:54:11 AM »
bebpo, if you want to visit the santa barbara county/san luis obispo county area. hit me up. I know the best places to eat and avoid people too if you need to for health reasons.  :pimp

True. filler’s sex dungeon is very covid conscious!
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36530 on: October 05, 2023, 03:06:11 PM »
reading that again and it has to be made up  :doge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36531 on: October 12, 2023, 11:38:40 PM »
I put a link to thebore.com in my twitter bio  :lol

I'm sure at least a few of the sluts I harass on there have checked the link and saw the dumpster page "james is fat lol"
https://twitter.com/sucioooooooo/status/1712640662611628246

I dropped this bomb thinking nobody would notice and it took off  :doge

if site traffic goes up it might be from people checking my bio and following it here  :success

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #36532 on: October 14, 2023, 11:44:09 PM »
What was the original deleted tweet? Fuck I hate tweet deleters

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36533 on: October 14, 2023, 11:53:48 PM »
video of some white girls crying because of a protest supporting palestine  :heh

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36535 on: October 20, 2023, 07:18:08 PM »
I remember back in my early to mid 2000s messageboard days. fat people would be called the army of largeness as a joke, but now it's real  :doge

https://twitter.com/DailyLoud/status/1715446568730394803

BIONIC

« Reply #36536 on: October 20, 2023, 07:39:55 PM »
BAN THE FATS AND KILL THEM!!
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36537 on: October 25, 2023, 06:23:44 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #36538 on: October 26, 2023, 09:46:21 PM »
So I just got into contract on another house lol

I thought I'd be away from this for months since the market is scarce, expensive and mortgage is 8%, but I only made it 6 weeks until something popped up and I saw it and had to make an offer within an hour because there were already two other offers and they were reviewing all offers that night. Then there was the counter and I didn't even go up past list but somehow I still got it  :lol

So now I get to do inspections and see if I'm doing this. Unlike the last place that was relatively cheap for modern times and 1950s house with everything breaking down and needing a ton of renovation this is a big 2,600 sq ft 1980s house with everything pretty much turn-key though some has maybe a mid 2000s suburban family aesthetic and appliances.

This time I'm going to the top of my budget so hookers and coke are off the table for the future. But maybe if interest rates drop down to like 4-5% and I refi, I can get the occasional escort and knock off coke.

Oh and the sellers are big beer fans so there is a keg/draft beer tap outside next to the bbq and a beer fridge. My brother is a part owner of a real good brewery so I should see if I can get a keg on discount if I end up with this place. Not sure if I drink enough beer to go through a keg in the 2 months they last once tapped.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #36539 on: October 26, 2023, 10:09:40 PM »
curious about the brew  :thinking

do they make anything not IPA, beb?