Author Topic: Mario Galaxy 2 Thread  (Read 12539 times)

SantaC

Re: Mario Galaxy 2 Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2010, 08:16:13 AM »
typical italian.

isnt mario italian?

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »
is he now.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2010, 10:39:08 AM »
No I do like the first, I just don't have an orgasm whenever its mentioned like 99.99999999999 % of GAF. The people there think I hate it just because I thought Sunshine and 64 were way better.

I'll be picking this up definitely, but since I just bought RDR(Amazing game) I don't have either the money or the time to play through it.

So to a guy who didn't like the first much, how is the second any different?

???
ど助平

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2010, 11:30:17 AM »
You do realize that each galaxy actually has 5 or 6 stars, right magus?
püp

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

TripleA

« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:07 PM »
i lack a childlike wonder :'(

in all seriousness,i think the game has it's good bit,it's bad bit and i just like to ramble,that's all there is to it,i'm sorry if i'm pissing someone (except tripleA :smug) anyway so far it's good but the original was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better

Don't worry, I don't care about you  :D

twerd

• Twilight Nerd LOL
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2010, 12:28:07 PM »
having played the game, i can now confirm that magus is in fact insane.
wut

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Bebpo

« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2010, 01:12:54 PM »

Yeah, I was gonna say that.  I guess Magus isn't really exploring every nook and cranny of these galaxies because there is a lot in each one.  Tons of hidden stuff and secrets.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2010, 02:04:46 PM »
faceship har har

holyshit the drumming sound with the cubby cloud kuppa.  Magical.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 02:34:45 PM by Father_Mike »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »
no there aren't! each galaxy top at 3,and one of those 3 is always a comet
just to show proof here's ign walktrough of the game
http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/14354736/page_3.html
uh spoiler here
spoiler (click to show/hide)
i know of the other 120 stars but i just learned of it recently and from what i understand there is no unique mission on these,they are just scattered trough the level...
[close]

oh come on guys i just said that it isn't that good,give me a break  :'(
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:32:23 PM by magus »
<----

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
Uh...play the game more?
püp

Bebpo

« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »
no there aren't! each galaxy top at 3,and one of those 3 is always a comet
just to show proof here's ign walktrough of the game
http://uk.guides.ign.com/guides/14354736/page_3.html
uh spoiler here
i know of the other 120 stars but i just learned of it recently and from what i understand there is no unique mission on these,they are just scattered trough the level...
[close]

oh come on guys i just said that it isn't that good,give me a break  :'(

Wait, how many stars are there?  120, right?  Same as Mario 64/Sunshine/Galaxy.  I don't see how you can complain about there being too few in that case.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41:55 PM »
i'm not saying that there are fewer stars! i'm saying that since the stars are more scattered trough the levels (since there are more levels) and the level itself are pretty short most of the time you end up spending less than 10 minutes on a single galaxy
for example (spoiler about world 2)
take the level where you get yoshi and you have to dash trough it using the red pepper,it's good but the whole ordeal takes according to the game clock 2 minutes and half... why can't the level be longer?
[close]
<----

Bebpo

« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
So you would rather have fewer galaxies that you repeat more often in different pathways than more diverse levels?

yeah, I can't agree with that.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
People already have over 50 stars in this game?  ???

I have currently 11 stars. Are you guys game reviewers?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2010, 04:41:37 PM »
16 stars with about 3 hours into the game.  It is good. 

Bebpo

« Reply #77 on: May 23, 2010, 04:50:18 PM »
I have 15 stars!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2010, 04:54:16 PM »
OK 17 stars and actual 3 hours.  Just did the monkey 10000 points thing.  fun.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2010, 05:05:29 PM »
magus, there are 240 unique stars in the game.
püp

Oblivion

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »
Magus are you a big time Nintendo nerd? That's the only excuse I can see for you being so overly critical about a mario game.

I thought it would be the opposite.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #81 on: May 23, 2010, 05:17:18 PM »

JESUS

Bebpo

« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »

JESUS

JESUS

JESUS

How I feel.  Damn, this game will take me all summer at that rate.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2010, 05:31:01 PM »
bubububu too few stars
püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2010, 05:40:33 PM »
skulls that eat though the floor!  Brilliant!

Bebpo

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2010, 05:47:34 PM »
bubububu too few stars

Is it something like
120 stars normal game with Mario
& then
remix of those 120 stars with Luigi

or something?

Because if Magus beat it at under 100 stars, that seems a lot.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
It's:

Gather the 120 stars (thus also collecting all the big coins as well)
Beat the game
Game unlocks another separate 120 green stars in all the levels, ones that require expert platforming to find -- think of them as hidden stars, you're supposed to explore for them.

Apparently after you get all 240 you unlock something else.
püp

SantaC

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:19 PM »
the game is fun, but it is clearly Mario Galaxy 1.5

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2010, 06:01:32 PM »

I don't understand that mentality at all.  Have you even made it past the first world?  They recycle very little from the first game in this one.  Are you calling Majora's Mask Ocarina of Time 1.5 as well?
püp

SantaC

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I don't understand that mentality at all.  Have you even made it past the first world?  They recycle very little from the first game in this one.  Are you calling Majora's Mask Ocarina of Time 1.5 as well?

jesus man  everytime someone has some sort of criticism (even if it is minor) about a Nintendo game, you are there in full force defending it. Are you employed by Nintendo or something? I said the game is FUN, but the content is reused A LOT, which is fine. I'd say Majoras Mask had a totally different setup than Ocarina of Time, and thus it is not Zelda OoT 1.5

And yes i am in world 3.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2010, 06:09:24 PM »
People just come to expect big re-visioning between Nintendo game and this isn't the leap that it was between 64->sunshine->galaxy.  Going by industry standards and not just Nintendo's, it's a full squeal.

Bebpo

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
It's:

Gather the 120 stars (thus also collecting all the big coins as well)
Beat the game
Game unlocks another separate 120 green stars in all the levels, ones that require expert platforming to find -- think of them as hidden stars, you're supposed to explore for them.

Apparently after you get all 240 you unlock something else.

Damn, wish you didn't have to get all 120 stars to unlock these challenges.  I never get all 120 stars/shines in these games because a handful are just a total bitch/annoying.  Doubt I'll get 120 here either.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:16 PM »

jesus man  everytime someone has some sort of criticism (even if it is minor) about a Nintendo game, you are there in full force defending it. Are you employed by Nintendo or something? I said the game is FUN, but the content is reused A LOT, which is fine. I'd say Majoras Mask had a totally different setup than Ocarina of Time, and thus it is not Zelda OoT 1.5

And yes i am in world 3.

No, I just respond to you because you an everlasting fucknut with terrible criticisms and weird expectations.  I'm just as critical on Nintendo as some of the regular folks around here, but I do happen to like Nintendo games, sue me.  Please, enlighten me to the content that is "re-used."  Every level I've played so far has been a new design idea that was present in the the first game.

This game plays exactly like a sequel should.  Do people call Halo 3 "Halo 2.5" or Uncharted 2 "Uncharted 1.5?"  It makes no sense.  I'd understand if they used a lot of the same levels as the first game, but they don't.  At all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:17:56 PM by BrandNew »
püp

SantaC

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2010, 06:19:33 PM »

And yes i am in world 3.

No, I just respond to you because you an everlasting fucknut with terrible criticisms and weird expectations.  I'm just as critical on Nintendo as some of the regular folks around here, but I do happen to like Nintendo games, sue me.  Please, enlighten me to the content that is "re-used."  Every level I've played so far has been a new design idea that was present in the the first game.

This game plays exactly like a sequel should.  Do people call Halo 3 "Halo 2.5" or Uncharted 2 "Uncharted 1.5?"  It makes no sense.  I'd understand if they used a lot of the same levels as the first game, but they don't.  At all.

You dont need to get so upset. Did I write that I didnt like the game? I said it is fun. I am enjoying it a lot. It is 100x more fun than Halo or uncharted.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:23:37 PM by SantaC »

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
Do people call Halo 3 "Halo 2.5"
they do actually.

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2010, 06:42:12 PM »
"...even more varied, challenging, and fun than its superb predecessor"

- Gamespot

"...Super Mario Galaxy 2 is more of what made the original so amazingly good"

- IGN

"...It's a full squeal"

- Father_Mike

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »
:rofl

they do actually.

They do?  :-\

püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2010, 06:47:02 PM »
I knew that didn't look right :(.  I'm going to go back and play SMG2 because sometimes I collect a lot of coins and then the wiimote makes an applause and it makes me feel like I'm someone special!

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
So you would rather have fewer galaxies that you repeat more often in different pathways than more diverse levels?

yeah, I can't agree with that.
mmm yeah,especialy if i could trade those galaxies that really seems superfluous

anyway i got all 120 and unlocked the green stars... expert platforming my ass :lol
the first green star of world 1 was right at the start at the level,it took me 27 second to get,TWENTY-SEVEN SECOND and i'm pretty sure it would take me even less if i didn't look at it dumbfounded for a while...
some are hidden cleverly but beside people making "OMG 240 UNIQUE STARS :o" they aren't adding a lot... i got around 10 of them,i went to check the one hidden in the last galaxy since the last galaxy is really cool! the first one was at the start of the level,and the second one was at the end,very close to the actual normal star,none of them required more effort than the normal level itself... one thing that give these away is that while they are hidden,they still give the sound that star do,so you can notice when you are close to one (it's better this way as it would have been a pain in the ass otherwise)
Please, enlighten me to the content that is "re-used."  Every level I've played so far has been a new design idea that was present in the the first game.

you know that one of the galaxy in the last world is a boss rush made up of several galaxy 1 bosses right?
[close]

uh... last summary!
so i grinded star bits for a while (annoying) and unlocked the secret stages of world 6,the first secret level is boo themed,the gimmick is that the level is shrouded in darkness but sometime a thunder will strike and you get to see the platform for a second,it was okay

the second level was a underwater level,no surprise here but the music was nice

World S

the first level is mario coins (you know the level that look like the 8-bit mario sprite),the comet level is luigi purple coins tough this time you get chased by shadows clone,since this is considered one of the hardest level in the original,i went in to see where the green stars where and they where hidden under two disappearing block,all you needed to reach them was standing on a spot and wait for the block to disappear

the second level is another ball level,but there is no ball rolling music so it's ruined forever :'( the level itself is a gigantic slide (it uses mario 64 slide music) and it's pretty fun,the comet star is the same but requires you to get 100 purple coin out of 110

the third level it's just a normal platforming level but the platform spins making it very hard to not fall... fun! the comet level is the same but the platform spins twice as fast!

the fourth level has those thwomp who go around on a corridor and are cube shaped (do these have a name? i think it's tox box) i seems to remember there was a level pretty similiar to this in the original galaxy.. anyway one thing this one has is those button that slow time which are usefull because everything goes damn fast!

the fifth level as i said above is a boss rush made up of 5 galaxy 1 boss,there is petey piranha,then the fire squid,then the giant mole,then you fight the rock guy,and lastly you fight petey piranha fire version... the comet ask you to pull off this again but under 5 minute,very annoying

the last level is very cool,it's like the switch secret galaxy of world 1 but this time you switch wall,so you have to continuously switch wall so you can keep wall jumping!

and uh that concludes the whole tour... apparently there is a last level that gets unlocked after you get all 240 stars so i guess that will be the last update
[close]

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 07:08:45 PM by magus »
<----

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2010, 07:01:13 PM »
the collect the purple coins in the flipflop world :bow2

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
Up to 17 stars now. This game is very good. Needs more checkpoints, though.

Bebpo

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2010, 07:30:32 PM »
Cleared world 2, game is great but that monkey challenge in world 1 wtf.  Why is something that is so simple in 2d Mario or even 2.5d Mario Galaxy (JUMPING ON MUSHROOMS) so difficult in 3d Mario Galaxy?  The distinguished mentally-challenged camera views + weird ass lack of momentum (Mario runs so slowww sometimes) really mess me up.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2010, 07:34:04 PM »
Cleared world 2, game is great but that monkey challenge in world 1 wtf.  Why is something that is so simple in 2d Mario or even 2.5d Mario Galaxy (JUMPING ON MUSHROOMS) so difficult in 3d Mario Galaxy?  The distinguished mentally-challenged camera views + weird ass lack of momentum (Mario runs so slowww sometimes) really mess me up.

I think it's just something you have to adapt to, especially coming from a 2D Mario game.  It would probably be a better level if it was all on a 2D plane, though.
püp

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2010, 07:41:34 PM »
I got the monkey challenge during my first try. I wouldn't have made it if I hadn't found an 1-up shroom in the last 5 seconds. The shroom gives you 1000 points.
My score was something like 10034 in the end.

But I agree about the jumping.

Bebpo

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »
Yeah, after I found the non-enemy points I cleared it.  But the first time I tried I got like 9700 or something and the second time I totally screwed up and got 7500 or so.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2010, 09:42:26 PM »
is there a point to playing with luigi?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:23 PM »
beat blocks!!!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2010, 11:31:58 PM »
50 stars bitches.

Himu

« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »
the game is fun, but it is clearly Mario Galaxy 1.5

mario galaxy is game of the generation

why is this such a problem
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2010, 11:53:16 PM »
Damn you guys are hardcore. I only have 2 stars. :rofl
fat

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2010, 11:56:36 PM »
Damn you guys are hardcore. I only have 2 stars. :rofl

This is like elementary school all over again for you, eh?

twerd

• Twilight Nerd LOL
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2010, 12:21:58 AM »
i can't stop playing i have 58 stars i think i have a problem
wut

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2010, 12:36:17 AM »
I have 90 at the moment.
püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2010, 12:40:27 AM »
I have 90 at the moment.

Didn't you start early though? theif!

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2010, 12:45:34 AM »
I'm buying it tomorrow, though.
püp

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2010, 01:32:33 AM »
60 stars and just one galaxy into world 5

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2010, 01:51:31 AM »
sailing the sandy seas :bow2

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2010, 02:02:26 AM »
the boo moon level :bow2 :bow2  The picture pook was such a neat idea, and the background actually looked eerie.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2010, 02:04:42 AM »
Having never played Mario Galaxy before... Ever. This is amazing. Only got 3 stars today, kinda busy so had to put it down. I didn't want to though!
◕‿◕

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #119 on: May 24, 2010, 02:16:00 AM »
stopping for the night at 66.