Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword  (Read 15547 times)

Himu

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
« Reply #240 on: June 16, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
i liked some of wind waker's
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

I guess wind wakers was alright, atleast compared to TP.

I am amazed that Nintendo finished Wind Waker in 2.5 years. Imagine what they could had done in 4-5.

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

I thought the WW sidequests were pretty good.  I remember a few of them whereas I can't remember any of TP's.

SantaC

« Reply #243 on: June 16, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »

I thought the WW sidequests were pretty good.  I remember a few of them whereas I can't remember any of TP's.

probably because in TP you found a chest with 50 rupees and but you cant hold that right now so link closed the chest again. A little later you opened the chest again and realized the mistake.

Oblivion

« Reply #244 on: June 16, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
I liked how Aonuma mentioned that TPs overworld was too expansive, and that they set out to boil Zelda down and make the game world more dense in Skyward Sword.

Even if TP's Hyrule Field was 1/50th as small as it was, it wouldn't make much of a difference. It's the quality of the side quests, not the quantity that should matter imo.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #245 on: June 16, 2010, 09:07:40 PM »
Wind Waker had a believable, magical world. That's what Twiblight Abscess didn't have. It's what SS needs.

Believable?  :lol

It's a fucking fairie world.  With magic and shit.  Twilight Princess was a natural extension of the OoT/MM overworld; large, expansive, and personally for me, fun to traverse–far more than Wind Waker.  Barren for some, sure, but only if you didn't explore it properly.
püp

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2010, 09:11:21 PM »

this picture gives me a chub
püp

The Fake Shemp

• Ebola Carrier
« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »
Looks like a muddy mess. What a piece of shit. Zelda died with the GameCube.
PSP

Himu

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2010, 09:16:58 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

this picture gives me a chub

I feel that's the best shot yet
IYKYK

brob

• 8 diagram pole rider
« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2010, 09:17:47 PM »
I don't get you ninthings. All these games look exactly the same. Go play OoT on an emulator with that shitty "cell shading" filter if these pictures soaks your panties.

Himu

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2010, 09:24:49 PM »
I'm not a ninthing. I'm a Zeldafaggot. And I've played OoT cel shaded mod. It rocks.
IYKYK

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »
I don't get you ninthings. All these games look exactly the same. Go play OoT on an emulator with that shitty "cell shading" filter if these pictures soaks your panties.

you suck a fuck!  :maf
püp

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »
it's a console zelda.

getting wet is part of the game.

cool breeze

« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2010, 10:06:08 PM »
Apparently the guy directing this is the same who worked on both Oracle games and Minish Cap  :omg

Barry Egan

• The neurotic is nailed to the cross of his fiction.
« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2010, 10:26:32 PM »
huh.  I had assumed it was Aunoma. Cool.

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #255 on: June 16, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »
Minish Cap is easily the best zelda game after link to the past.
Drunk

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #256 on: June 16, 2010, 10:38:39 PM »
No lefty mode.

Not that I'd play this shite
itm

archie4208

« Reply #257 on: June 16, 2010, 10:39:40 PM »
I'm left handed irl and this doesn't affect me one bit.   8)

Himu

« Reply #258 on: June 17, 2010, 03:31:09 AM »
Apparently the guy directing this is the same who worked on both Oracle games and Minish Cap  :omg

minish cap :piss2

but sounds good
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

Damian79

« Reply #260 on: June 17, 2010, 03:56:52 AM »
:bow Minish Cap :bow
:bow Oracle of Seasons/ Ages :bow2

Good god this will be the best Zelda since Twilight Princess.

Not hard.

Beezy

« Reply #261 on: June 17, 2010, 03:58:49 AM »
:bow Minish Cap :bow
:bow Oracle of Seasons/ Ages :bow2

Good god this will be the best Zelda since Twilight Princess.

Not hard.
seriously :lol

Himu

« Reply #262 on: June 17, 2010, 04:05:05 AM »
Read the article, lost of juicy bits:

- Director from Minish Cap, Oracle games, done by PH/ST team, sub-director of PH (:yuck)
- no lefty mode
- sword fighting and combat will be the most visceral in the series, due to the inclusion of m+, players will have to take enemy shield and weapon placement into account and using positioning on top of well placed time strikes.
- weapons shown in demo won't have access until later in the game (disappoint)
- zelda oot 3ds isn't just a port, they are reworking the entire game :omg
- Aonuma considering a new top down zelda for 3ds :bow

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #263 on: June 17, 2010, 04:11:35 AM »
Square Enix: It's too hard to make towns in hd. It'd take us 40 years to remake Final Fantasy 7.
Nintendo: Remake of Ocarina of Time, the most highest rated game of all time? Sure, why not. Have some motion sensing and 3d on top of it.

:lol
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #264 on: June 17, 2010, 04:12:44 AM »
I'm left handed irl and this doesn't affect me one bit.   8)

8) Word, my fellow leftie.

edit: So the director wasn't involved with ST AT ALL. Good sign.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:16:54 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #265 on: June 17, 2010, 04:30:55 AM »
I was being facetious, dude.

Anyways:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21914789&postcount=112

I DID THIS JUST LAST NIGHT. I'm left handed and played EBA with my right hand with ease.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #266 on: June 17, 2010, 04:55:18 AM »
Do you guys remember the Ganon fight in the Forest Temple? When Ganon galloped out of paintings and shit!?? Holy fuck!!!!!! Can you imagine that in 3D!???!? OMGOGMGOMGOM

omfg :bow
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:45 AM »
if it just a graphics port with no new locations or content i dont see the need to play OoT for the 100th time.

Himu

« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:29 AM »
Santa....

IGN: I think one of the big surprises at the show was the 3DS. We knew the new Wii Zelda was happening -- you showed some artwork for it last year. But the 3DS showing Ocarina of Time 3D, that was a big surprise. I think it excited people. I was wondering if you could talk about some of the ideas you have. Not just adding depth, but some of the gameplay elements we might see. Will it be a direct port, or an enhanced game?

Aonuma: We've talked about remixing Ocarina of Time for a long time, saying "should we remake Ocarina of Time for Wii?" And, to be honest, I said no. I didn't want to just re-release it on a different platform -- I wanted to have a specific reason to remake Ocarina of Time. I didn't want to just make a port. And so I was waiting for something to come along that would not only help us to retell the story, but improve upon it. Making it different, more unique in its own way. Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it.

Consult the Mario 64 ds remake. Upgraded graphics, but new characters and even, iirc, more levels. Why wouldn't they give the same treatment to OoT?
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2010, 06:19:39 AM »
so they are porting master quest instead of the original? :smug
Consult the Mario 64 ds remake. Upgraded graphics, but new characters and even, iirc, more levels. Why wouldn't they give the same treatment to OoT?
the new character of mario 64 don't really add anything much... they just force you to switch even once in a while since the special hat were removed (now you get a single hat which has different effect depending on who you are using so for example in the ds version only wario can get that underwater star in world 3) and then they added a generic "find 5 silver stars" to every level,hidden some extra stars trough the castle to bring it to a round number and that's all they did
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:22:34 AM by magus »
<----

SantaC

« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2010, 06:22:21 AM »
Santa....

IGN: I think one of the big surprises at the show was the 3DS. We knew the new Wii Zelda was happening -- you showed some artwork for it last year. But the 3DS showing Ocarina of Time 3D, that was a big surprise. I think it excited people. I was wondering if you could talk about some of the ideas you have. Not just adding depth, but some of the gameplay elements we might see. Will it be a direct port, or an enhanced game?

Aonuma: We've talked about remixing Ocarina of Time for a long time, saying "should we remake Ocarina of Time for Wii?" And, to be honest, I said no. I didn't want to just re-release it on a different platform -- I wanted to have a specific reason to remake Ocarina of Time. I didn't want to just make a port. And so I was waiting for something to come along that would not only help us to retell the story, but improve upon it. Making it different, more unique in its own way. Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it.

well it is good and all, but i'd play  an enhanced port of wind waker

Himu

« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2010, 06:24:33 AM »
Okay, first you're like,"if it's the same ol thing I don't want it" so I give you info that apparently they're adding new content and maybe even reworking the story, so now you're,"I'd rather have wind waker instead"

???

And enhanced port of Wind Waker would mean nothing as WW is an unfinished product. Now, a Wind Waker remake, with the two missing dungeons included, maybe some bonus dungeons, and a hard mode would be awesome. But you'd take an enhanced port of an unfinished pretty great game over a re-imagined, remade version of arguably the most influential 3d game ever.

Okay.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:26:40 AM by Himuro »
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »
Okay, first you're like,"if it's the same ol thing I don't want it" so I give you info that apparently they're adding new content and maybe even reworking the story, so now you're,"I'd rather have wind waker instead"

???

And enhanced port of Wind Waker would mean nothing as WW is an unfinished product. Now, a Wind Waker remake, with the two missing dungeons included, maybe some bonus dungeons, and a hard mode would be awesome. But you'd take an enhanced port of an unfinished pretty great game over a re-imagined, remade version of arguably the most influential 3d game ever.

Okay.

thats what i meant. I want wind waker 3ds with extra dungeons

SantaC

« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2010, 06:34:18 AM »
Wind Waker is in much more need of a remake than OoT. OoT is perfect, Wind Waker isn't. WW most def needs a remake. But better than nothing I guess

nintendo hates WW though :(

fuckers

Himu

« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2010, 06:34:26 AM »
Some on gaf are speculating Majora's Mask could get this treatment butttt it's just pure speculation at this point.

Honestly, a triple pack with OoT, MM, and WW remade on the 3ds with cel shaded graphics akin to WW/SS would really make me...I don't know what.
IYKYK

SantaC

« Reply #275 on: June 17, 2010, 06:35:32 AM »
Some on gaf are speculating Majora's Mask could get this treatment butttt it's just pure speculation at this point.

Honestly, a triple pack with OoT, MM, and WW remade on the 3ds with cel shaded graphics akin to WW/SS would really make me...I don't know what.

it would make me so happy that i would forget about skyward sword

Himu

« Reply #276 on: June 17, 2010, 06:35:34 AM »
Wind Waker is in much more need of a remake than OoT. OoT is perfect, Wind Waker isn't. WW most def needs a remake. But better than nothing I guess

fuckers

You mean they hate it so much that they've used Toon Link as the standard look for Link in EVERY non-major console Zelda release SINCE Wind Waker? Santa where do you get this stuff? :lol

In all honesty, WW deserves another shot.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #277 on: June 17, 2010, 06:54:56 AM »
comparison shots really make the new zelda look fabulous. at this point, I'm all aboard.

IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #278 on: June 17, 2010, 07:17:29 AM »
I like how in those screenshots Link has a shadow in TP and WW, but not in SS :lol Downgrade total

Wii less powerful than GC confirmed

Gonna be a ninhomo on this one and point out that they haven't added drop shadows yet.
SRY

SantaC

« Reply #279 on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »

fuckers

You mean they hate it so much that they've used Toon Link as the standard look for Link in EVERY non-major console Zelda release SINCE Wind Waker? Santa where do you get this stuff? :lol

In all honesty, WW deserves another shot.

that's not what i meant. What i mean is that Nintendo rushed the game, excluded 2 dungeons and later on anouma and miyamoto criticized the game.

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2010, 07:26:36 AM »
TP Link still looks better Himuro.

The model? Yeah. The surroundings? lol no
SRY

Himu

« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2010, 07:35:44 AM »
New footage from E3 demo

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-zelda-skyward/700017

Looks fantastic.

Notice the mid-boss with the stalfo. He uses his shield in certain positions, and you have to slice the wiimote in his unguarded areas. Also, the boss punishes for being sword happy. If you attack randomly he counterattacks and knocks you on your ass. And this is a mid-boss at an E3 demo. Finally, one hit means a loss of one heart, not half a heart. Here's hoping in the final game some bosses hit for 2-3 hearts at a time.

Combat seems to have been seriously improved.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #282 on: June 17, 2010, 07:41:05 AM »
Spoil things. Spoil what? ??? That you fight a Stalfo? That you run around a green environment slaying monsters?
IYKYK

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #283 on: June 17, 2010, 07:42:43 AM »
Ruzbeh I highly doubt any of the E3 footage is going to present in the game.

EDIT: And that footage is pretty bomby.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:46:16 AM by startselect »
SRY

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #284 on: June 17, 2010, 07:49:25 AM »
Spoil things. Spoil what? ??? That you fight a Stalfo? That you run around a green environment slaying monsters?
what if they use an hookshot? :o
<----

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
Its not a hookshot. Its a whip...
fat

SantaC

« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »
Yeah I'm not gonna watch that. Don't wanna spoil things. Waiting for TP was awful, luckily this won't take so damn long. Less than a year to go I think

it is probably going to be november 2011, which is ridiculous. They should aim for a may release.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #287 on: June 17, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
I like how in those screenshots Link has a shadow in TP and WW, but not in SS :lol Downgrade total

Wii less powerful than GC confirmed

Nope, he's got a shadow, it almost blends into the ground texture because of how soft it is, but it's there alright.
dog

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #288 on: June 17, 2010, 10:38:36 AM »
Game's gotten so much of a 180 in the last day   :lol

The concept of epic sword battles with the enemies blocking your moves depending on where the sword comes from makes me :hyper
püp

bachikarn

« Reply #289 on: June 17, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »
Finally, one hit means a loss of one heart, not half a heart. Here's hoping in the final game some bosses hit for 2-3 hearts at a time.

Yeah, combat looks hot. I'm also thinking since they are making such a big deal about how easy it is to use potions and that you can use it while running, they expect people to take a lot of damage while fighting.

SantaC

« Reply #290 on: June 17, 2010, 11:03:22 AM »
are there any more interviews about this zelda game? Or was Iwata (staged) the only one allowed to ask questions?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2010, 11:10:57 AM »
are there any more interviews about this zelda game? Or was Iwata (staged) the only one allowed to ask questions?

check the aonuma interview on IGN
püp

Tristam

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2010, 11:17:03 AM »
New footage from E3 demo

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-zelda-skyward/700017

Looks fantastic.

Notice the mid-boss with the stalfo. He uses his shield in certain positions, and you have to slice the wiimote in his unguarded areas. Also, the boss punishes for being sword happy. If you attack randomly he counterattacks and knocks you on your ass. And this is a mid-boss at an E3 demo. Finally, one hit means a loss of one heart, not half a heart. Here's hoping in the final game some bosses hit for 2-3 hearts at a time.

Yeah, combat looks like a lot of fun. It's about time that it was improved after 4 iterations of essentially the same thing...

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #293 on: June 17, 2010, 11:18:53 AM »
Game's gotten so much of a 180 in the last day   :lol

The concept of epic sword battles with the enemies blocking your moves depending on where the sword comes from makes me :hyper

ITT: flip flops

cool breeze

« Reply #294 on: June 17, 2010, 11:22:53 AM »
I'm just hoping they put out an offical wireless nunchuck before this comes out.  In the bit of RS2 I played, the wire was jumping all over the place.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #295 on: June 17, 2010, 11:33:09 AM »
You can get a really good one from Nyko:
http://gear.ign.com/articles/840/840028p1.html

edit: oh wait, fuck, you need a motion+-like accessory at the bottom of the wii remote, nevermind  :lol
püp

cool breeze

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2010, 11:37:44 AM »
yeah, that and they had to change what it looked like because of legal reasons.

Nintendo should put out a wireless nunchuck where they combine the dongle at the bottom of the remote with motion plus.  I'd buy that.

also, one thing funny about all these Skyward Sword videos is that you can tell the people playing are pointing the remote towards the screen because you see Link running with it pointed directly forward.

Beezy

« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2010, 12:59:54 PM »
WW is perfect as it is. It doesn't need a handheld treatment.
???

WW had like the least dungeons out of any Zelda game. How can you say that it's perfect?

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2010, 01:26:02 PM »
Did you forget MM  ???

spoiler (click to show/hide)
even though it only has four, it has some of the BEST dungeons in the entire series
[close]

I honestly wouldn't mind if Skyward Sword only had 5-6 dungeons, just as long as the gameplay in between dungeons is tightly packed and entertaining, like MM was.
püp

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2010, 01:52:59 PM »
I like Link's tunic from TP.  The SS one looks fresh from the dry cleaners and like something a Link cosplayer would wear.  The TP tunic is all "i'm a motherfuckin' elf living in the motherfuckin' forest...my tunic is dirty and dark green because we dyed it by rubbing leaves all over it in the mud."