Author Topic: 007 Blood Stone / Goldeneye (Wii/DS)  (Read 4093 times)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: 007 Blood Stone / Goldeneye (Wii/DS)
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:32 PM »
i played with some hacks and raped online. rofl
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2010, 06:40:46 PM »
Good to see Nintendo is leading the industry in regards to anti-cheat technology

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »
I just played the first mission in goldeneye. Hip firing and general looking feels great with the pointer, but the ADS and sniper scope feel wonky, I had to go into custom settings and loosen that shit up. A little sad you can't do complete button mapping, only picking presets. As it is you have to be in ADS to use the lean which means you're vision is twisted 45 degrees during lean. Enemy AI is surprisingly good, they smartly run to and use cover, and will peek around corners to not give you an easy shot. In certain situations you need to be aware if a guard is near an alarm switch and dispatch him early. Level design is a tad bit scripted but you can often choose your path and playstyle. I generally try to be stealthy and go for takedowns until they wise up, gun everyone else and then maybe do some backtracking to see if I missed anything. A guard fired upon us with a rocket launcher at one point, destroying our vehicle. Later in the level after gathering some intel, I returned to the tower and found the rocket launcher, but I didn't use it because I figured I'd have to fight a helicopter or SOMETHING. Nope. Not a fan of the qtes, but I hardly ever am a fan of those.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2010, 05:55:03 PM »
The single player is great so far, I'm on a boat right now rescuing hostages. There's a nice risk/reward element with the stealth stuff, but you can just go in like rambo if ya want.  Essentially, you can sneak around and subdue guards or plug them full of holes before a patrol comes by. If anyone hears you firing an unsilenced weapon, or sees you or an enemy in his death animation- reinforcements are coming.  The AI continues to impress. Leaning, peeking, diving for cover, advancing with cover, occassional flanking, blind firing, blindfiring while hauling ass around a corner. Overall this and cool things like destructible cover really elevate the game. Although there's a hilariously bad way they try to make a crowd in a nightclub. Its so corny but awesome.  I have a bad feeling the game is going to end soon though.

Multiplayer is a really mixed bag.  There's some fun to be had here, mostly shotguns on Archives (small map) but the framerate takes a hit and the result is controls aren't as smooth as I would like, although doable.  They implemented a perk system with leveling up ala CoD, which is taking FOREVER and I really hate how every shooter these days won't give me all the toys in the toybox right away. I also suspect people are using their sniper rifles like shotguns much of the time.  Spawning is instantaneous which causes these stupid trains of people shooting each other in the back on modes like Golden Gun.  Haven't had a chance to try local yet, probably around thanksgiving.
sad

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2010, 07:07:41 PM »
Ah I think online is really fun. *shrugs*
püp

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2010, 07:57:41 PM »
They implemented a perk system with leveling up ala CoD, which is taking FOREVER and I really hate how every shooter these days won't give me all the toys in the toybox right away.

Grinding to unlock weapons is probably the worst thing to ever happen to FPS.
BiSH

cool breeze

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 12:04:21 AM »
Goldeneye Wii campaign was really great. 

The only good thing to come out of Epic Mickey was me plugging in my Wii again to play this  :heart

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2010, 08:43:32 AM »
I've put in about 84 hours into the multiplayer and I'm not even halfway done grinding (lvl 30 now, I think max is 56).  What was the rationale behind such a painfully slow level up system?  I also feel sorry for the low level noobs that wind up in our games with high level players.  They limp out of there with something like 20 xp for the whole match.  Although occassionaly I'll guard a noob sniper JUST TO BE NICE.

Campaign is awesome, yes.  I thought it was gonna be a short affair, but it keeps going and giving.  This is the definitive Wii FPS with fun if slightly flawed online, splitscreen, and great sp.
sad