Author Topic: xbox tgs thing feat. Fire Pro Wrestling with avatars and radiant silvergun  (Read 6021 times)

Third

• BODY TALK
Re: xbox tgs thing feat. Fire Pro Wrestling with avatars and radiant silvergun
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:34 AM »
A New Steel Battalion for the X360???

Oh, it's a Kinect game...  :-\

A new X360 game from the developers of Panzer?

Oh, it's a Kinect game...  :-\

A new Grasshopper project for the X360?

Oh, it's Kinect game...  :-\

Well, at least there's Radiant Silvergun and Fire Pro Wrestling.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2010, 02:16:22 AM »

A saturn port and a game with Avatars. Wowee.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 02:27:45 AM by maxy »
cat

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2010, 02:47:54 AM »

It's a Kinect game...
乱学者

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2010, 02:56:35 AM »
Is it? I thought it was XBLA
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2010, 03:01:53 AM »
Project Draco youtubed

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

And totally crazy awesome Gun Loco trailer

[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

:bow2

cat

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2010, 05:41:01 AM »
I don't know how I feel about new firepro with 3d cartoony people.

Depends on the gameplay.  If you can still make your own move lists and the gameplay is awesome, then maybe half-win.

Yeah, 'cuz there's that history of realism:

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2010, 05:49:13 AM »
Steel Battalion? LOL

and it's Kinect enabled.... so they totally made another $150 controller for it.
nat

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2010, 06:34:21 AM »
LOLing at Steel Battallion should be grounds for the death penalty.
CBG

Himu

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2010, 06:40:17 AM »
Project Draco :(

KINECT ONLY?

I have been waiting for a new Panzer Dragoon for years and this is the closest I was to obtaining one. And it's for Kinect. :(
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »
the only way steel battalion could work with kinect is if it's MASSIVELY nerfed.
nat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »
Steel Battalion and Fire Pro will be dumbed down for certain, BUT I think it's very unlikely the masters of mecha will deliver a babby game. I'm more worried about Fire Pro, since it's obviously going to be a casual game and it's going to lose most of the complexity from the original series, but still, there's gotta be a bunch of guys at Spike who have been dying to make a new wrestling game. I really don't see them delivering a turd.
BiSH

Saint Cornelius

• Always rockin' the sawed-off wisdom.
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »
Why oh why can't there be a Phantom Dust XBLA version or something. Fuck!
dap

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2010, 12:35:04 AM »
I can't believe there aren't more people popping chubs over FirePro coming back, even if Avatars are usable in it. You know it's going to get a PS3 release because they want it to SELL IN JAPAN, and the PS3 doesn't have Avatars, so of course there will be more standard-looking characters available.

FirePro. Current-gen. C'mon. Where's the love. You KNOW someone had to bring the smackdown to Smackdown.

cool breeze

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2010, 12:47:33 AM »
Check the title.  Fire Pro Wrestling is capitalized and all nice because this thread was just going to be about that.  Then radiant silvergun was announced and I threw that in and mentioned the xbox tgs thing.  Secretly everyone posting here is hyped for Fire Pro Wrestling.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 02:04:04 AM »
I can't believe there aren't more people popping chubs over FirePro coming back, even if Avatars are usable in it. You know it's going to get a PS3 release because they want it to SELL IN JAPAN, and the PS3 doesn't have Avatars, so of course there will be more standard-looking characters available.

FirePro. Current-gen. C'mon. Where's the love. You KNOW someone had to bring the smackdown to Smackdown.

It's 3D  :-\

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 02:18:08 AM »
I bet it's already more playable than Smackdown vs Raw
itm

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 02:42:00 AM »
I bet it's already more playable than Smackdown vs Raw

Tru dat

The problem is, FPW has this insane legacy move library. It's basically EVERY WRESTLING MOVE THAT HAS EVER BEEN PERFORMED BY A HUMAN BEING. There are, like, 5 variations on the Michinoku Driver for chrissakes. The problem is all that animation data was for their weird 2D animation system with swappable body parts, and they're gonna have to go from scratch animating it all in 3D :((((

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 02:52:50 AM »
Excellent. Hidden borito boners is what pro-wrestling is all about.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2010, 07:32:04 AM »
http://www.1up.com/news/treasure-radiant-silvergun-xbla

Radiant Silvergun for Xbox Live Arcade

What's interesting about the announcement of Radiant Silvergun coming to XBLA is that, if you remember, when we spoke with Maegawa two years ago, he was somewhat doubtful that it would happen. At the time, he said that moving the game to the Xbox 360 and enhancing it along the way could require a significant amount of development resources, of which he wasn't sure Treasure wanted to spare. Last year, he went so far as to say that even though Microsoft had requested they bring the game to XBLA, it just wasn't in the cards. So why the change in heart? According to Maegawa, it was because enough Treasure fans had clamored for it -- that they paid attention to the comments on sites like 1UP and ultimately decided to go forward with the project. Because in Maegawa's mind, the game was going to need to be a complete HD re-imagining -- which is not the case now. He said enough fans simply wanted the original game, albeit still spruced up for the 360, but not necessarily completely redone -- that they decided to make it happen.

hmm...have to extend my hardcore xbot powers to 1UP

Bangai-O for Xbox Live Arcade

Another game Treasure has been working on is Bangai-O HD: Missile Fury for XBLA, which was just recently announced (and Ray Barnholt previewed it on 1UP). I asked Maegawa why they decided to bring the series (which previously had releases on the N64, Dreamcast, and DS) to the Xbox 360 now. According to him, there were a couple of reasons, the most important being that they liked the challenge of it. Maegawa said that they were a little disappointed with what they were able to do with the DS version because of the hardware limitations (because of all of the bullets and sprites on screen). So on the Xbox 360, they wanted to be able to pull off 1000 bullets and 1000 enemies at a time. Also, they wanted to see if they could pull the entire game off without using 2D sprites at all this time; Bangai-O on 360 is accomplished entirely with polygons. Again, just sort of as a challenge to themselves.

Xbox 360 is Treasure's Platform of Choice

With both Radiant Silvergun and Bangai-O now coming to the Xbox 360, it's clear that the Xbox 360 is Treasure's favorite platform of this generation. In fact, Maegawa pointed out that Treasure recently redesigned its website to include a big Xbox Live arcade header on it. He said that the studio definitely plans to do more titles for the Xbox 360 after Radiant Silvergun, and is eager to hear what fans might want them to work on (and yes, he said he would pay attention to what people say on 1UP). I asked Maegawa why he thought the Xbox 360 ended up being the best console for hardcore gamers this generation (especially in Japan, where a majority of the hardcore shoot-em-ups seem to reside on the 360). He wasn't sure the exact reason, but just that it felt kind of natural; that a lot of the hardcore games and developers all sort of flocked to it. Maegawa mentioned that when he thinks of fans of Treasure games, the overlap in audience is mostly with Xbox 360 owners. He actually alluded that it was this way with some of the Sega systems of the past -- to him, the Xbox 360 sort of picked up the reins from Sega's Saturn and Dreamcast.

360 :bow2

:piss PS3 lol

New Platforms: 3DS, iPhone, Move, Kinect

Of course, Treasure has always been a company that likes to exploit new hardware, especially if it offers some interesting innovations for gameplay. With that in mind, I was especially interested in what Treasure's thoughts were on the Nintendo 3DS. Maegawa admitted that they're really, really excited by the 3DS, but don't have anything for it just yet (again, Xbox 360 seems to be taking up most of their time at the moment). But I wouldn't be surprised if they work on something for it soon. I was also interested to hear if Treasure had any plans to expand into the iPhone market -- after all, other Japanese studios like Cave have seen good success bringing some of their shoot-em-ups to that platform. Interestingly, Maegawa said absolutely not -- that while they've been approached by publishers several times to do titles on the iPhone, they have no plans to work on the platform. Why? Because, according to Maegawa, Treasure makes games that are designed to be played on gaming machines. And, he pointed to the audience -- he thinks people playing games on iPhone are a different audience than those the company typically caters to.

I was also just curious to hear if Treasure had any plans to do anything with the Move or Kinect in the future. Of those, Maegawa said he's more interested in Kinect.
:rofl

:piss iphone :piss2
 :piss apple
cat

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »
Maegawa is just a bitter SEGA fan.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:26 PM »
I don't even think PS3 has any shooters besides those 3 doujin games and Raystorm HD. :bow 360, home of the hardcore games.
BiSH