Author Topic: DEAD RISING 2 - no BS !OT! of no Bebpos and Rabans  (Read 23380 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: DEAD RISING 2 - no BS !OT! of no Bebpos and Himuros
« Reply #180 on: September 28, 2010, 05:18:23 PM »
You aint gotta dream no more Himu.. DR2 is awesome
What

Himu

« Reply #181 on: September 28, 2010, 05:41:32 PM »
DR1 was solid 30 fps. I can't even remember any framerate drops. DR2 on the other hand is probably going to wind up being the choppiest game since Shadow of the Colossus when it's all said and done.

::)

IYKYK

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2010, 05:47:50 PM »
please spoiler if you specify shit like that btw fyi

PLEASE

What you need painkillers for when u got weed?

LOL, i dont even have that, and even if i did it wouldnt do the trick, to understand how much i love narcotics, take your love of weed and multiply it by at least half a million, and there you go

....... if you consider having "room to escape" in a boss fight a spoiler, dont read the damn thread!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »
DR1 was solid 30 fps. I can't even remember any framerate drops. DR2 on the other hand is probably going to wind up being the choppiest game since Shadow of the Colossus when it's all said and done.

::)

Icono's not complaining about it, and he's right to some extent...there's some big drops in certain areas.  It doesn't stop the game from being awesome though.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #184 on: September 28, 2010, 05:52:09 PM »
I'm going to bring in a co-op bro to beat these chicks. They're both twice as fast as me.

You only need to kill one man. Try to find the infinite drinking magazine, and then just hide behind the counter with all the whiskey behind it.
What

drew

• sy
« Reply #185 on: September 28, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
i knew someone would take it like that, of course thats not a spoiler, i meant spoiler the description of the boss, a meek request in which green man was happy to ignore :)

G The Resurrected

« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »
TiR is freaking awesome online  :D

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #187 on: September 28, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Wait...Can I co-op the entire story mode?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: September 28, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »
Wait...Can I co-op the entire story mode?

Yeah dude!
What

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #189 on: September 28, 2010, 06:02:24 PM »
This game isn't that good. The fact that you have to constatnly run back and give that little shit zombrex is super annoiyng, plus the graphics aren't good at all.

atleast I can ignore survivors
USA

drew

• sy
« Reply #190 on: September 28, 2010, 06:03:38 PM »
spoilers ahoy

bye bye thread

seriously, common sense seems to be a rare commodity here sometimes

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2010, 06:05:27 PM »

And at least I can ignore YOU

(Clicks Ignore button)

Himu

« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
You can acquire like 1 gazillion packages of zombrex making that a non-issue.
IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2010, 06:08:29 PM »
wanna tell me how? it still sucks you have to rub back.

And at least I can ignore YOU

(Clicks Ignore button)
God forbid osmoene doesn't like the next big PS3 game.  >:(
USA

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2010, 06:10:18 PM »
This game isn't that good. The fact that you have to constatnly run back and give that little shit zombrex is super annoiyng, plus the graphics aren't good at all.

Constantly?  :lol

4 times in the entire game which is like 20 hrs long  :lol
What

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2010, 06:12:12 PM »
3 times too many, we get it, she's going to die in the end and turn into the zombie, just get it over now and let us have some fun.
USA

Himu

« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »

uh

DR2 20 hours long? Each day is 2 hours in real time, right? And there's 3 days again plus some change for overtime mode, right? So how is that 20 hours?

3 times too many, we get it, she's going to die in the end and turn into the zombie, just get it over now and let us have some fun.

Surely you couldn't POSSIBLY get zombrex while out getting survivors and doing story missions. IMPOSSIBLE.
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2010, 06:14:13 PM »
You're being stupid again...
fat

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
it might change later on i've only met the reporter so far. it just sucks knowing I can't go exploring too far it because I have to give dakota fanning her medicine.
USA

Himu

« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »
How is that preventing you from exploring?
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »

uh

DR2 20 hours long? Each day is 2 hours in real time, right? And there's 3 days again plus some change for overtime mode, right? So how is that 20 hours?

Surely you couldn't POSSIBLY get zombrex while out getting survivors and doing story missions. IMPOSSIBLE.

Well it sure felt like 15-20 hours. And after that you'll probably want to play a second playthrough because imo the game isn't finished till you at least reach lvl 50. And that will take more than 20 hours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 06:26:03 PM by MMaRsu »
What

drew

• sy
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
see, i dont even want to know how long the game is, god to the damnit

Himu

« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
Of course. But the first playthrough of the game to get the final ending isn't 20 hours, right? DR1 is a pretty decent sized game but it doesn't go past the 10 hour mark. I'd be surprised if DR2 did.
IYKYK

Chinner

« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2010, 06:52:12 PM »
well its 2 hours a day, but that doesn't include cutscenes, loading and going into the menu. if you're just doing the first 3 days its probably 9-10 hours including those things mentioned.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »
Getting Zombrex is pretty easy considering you only need a total of four. I had enough for the rest of the game by the third case. I only bought it once, the other times I just found it while playing.

There are other characters you can meet that need Zombrex, too.  IIRC you need a total of seven Zombrex to keep everyone covered.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2010, 08:06:50 PM »
I've only played a bit, but I gotta say I'm happily wrong here and Blue Castle has been able to churn out a Dead Rising that captures the gameplay and feel of the original.  Good for them.

Only thing is I wish the coop was better implemented.  I like that you can level in someone else's game, but then if you want to use that leveled character you have to restart the entire game from scratch is just blahhhh.  Seems like you need to beat the game in 1p, then join up and level in coop with people and then start your 2nd run 1p with your leveled character.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2010, 08:58:14 PM »
Protip for a weapon that annihilates bosses:
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Boxing gloves + Bowie knife
[close]
Tears them to shreds almost as fast as the mini chainsaws in DR1. :drool

Hopefully you can't easily miss scoops like you could in DR1, because that shit was distinguished mentally-challenged. Been saving everyone who's appeared so far.
BiSH

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:41 PM »
Installed on 360. Running at 1080p, although that probably doesn't affect it. I remember Banjo Kazooie had some terrible slowdown because of 1080p though.

I've not tried my copy of Nuts and Bolts yet; should I run at a lower rez when I do?

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
I meant the first XBLA Banjo Kazooie :lol. They patched the 1080p problem before the game officially came out, IIRC.
BiSH

drew

• sy
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »
damn im beat, ill dig into this tomorrow night

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #210 on: September 29, 2010, 01:27:50 AM »
You guys are making me want to get this, despite "the backlog." You are all evil.

I meant the first XBLA Banjo Kazooie :lol. They patched the 1080p problem before the game officially came out, IIRC.
Ah, thanks! :lol Man, I liked the demo for N&B, just have spent too much time in Red Dead Redemption to get to it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #211 on: September 29, 2010, 01:28:54 AM »
I've read that the ninja outfit is "broken" and that with it you will never be attacked.  Dunno what the sports gear does but it and ninja outfit parts together is being called "god mode."
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: September 29, 2010, 03:34:28 AM »
I've read that the ninja outfit is "broken" and that with it you will never be attacked.  Dunno what the sports gear does but it and ninja outfit parts together is being called "god mode."

Never attacked by any enemy or just zombies?

I bet a patch is already in the works.

There's a lot of talk about on Gamefaqs.  The "stealth" and enhanced blade attacks make everything too easy according to some people.
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #213 on: September 29, 2010, 03:49:01 AM »
Amazon gives me silly Avatar items and a "Super Slicer"

I wont use any of course... people pay for this stuff
fat

Himu

« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2010, 04:20:09 AM »
I had to work later than expected. Shame. But I got to play more!

In Dead Rising 1, you could always rely on basic items like lead pipes or baseball bats in a pinch. But such items "die" out so fast in DR2, making item management to be tons more interesting. And I still haven't found a book store for some good ol' bonuses. You can't survive in DR2 without your combo weapons as combo weapons last a big deal faster. And if your combo weapons die out when you're in the middle of a fight...lol. Intense.

The game also has picked up in terms of difficulty. Not DR1 night one difficult, but it's definitely testing resource management, map route planning/memorization that made Dead Rising 1 so damn special. It was that unique combination on top of time management that made Dead Rising a blast to play. Whacking zombies with sticks felt like a bonus.

Funny story, I've got case uh...2-2 open. And I tried it. Fought some guys with some really useful weapons (automatics!!!), reloaded and decided to save that mission for after some survivor runs. Killed a psychopath, saved. Then I went on a big survivor saving spree. I was avoiding the north (?) end of Plaza Park because there was a psychopath there and I was saving him for the assault guns. Used a way point and wasn't looking at the map...walked me and my group straight for the next psychopath only to get slaughtered.

I need to memorize this map quick. :lol

You know, Blue Castle and Capcom could have very well sold the fuck out and made Dead Rising 2 some vapid, lazy ass Dynasty Warriors hack and slash and killed off all the time management/item resourcing/surviving in the game. Instead, they gave the people who considered these things "flaws" the middle finger and enhanced. For once, the gamers have won.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:41:48 AM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #215 on: September 29, 2010, 04:51:03 AM »
The combo weapons are by far the best, yes. They are all I use, but it's usually pretty easy to come across what you need. Nails + baseball bat is everywhere and it's basically the go-to weapon. The more powerful weapons are a little harder to find, so I keep them in my inventory and only use them for psychopaths. Plus I rarely stop to kill zombies anyway, so my items don't break too often.

Although, I'm up to Zombrex 3 in the case files and I'd say the game is pretty easy so far -- a lot easier than the first DR. The psychopath fights are harder because there isn't a completely overpowered weapon like the mini-chainsaw (from what I've found anyway), but the survivors are never in any danger at all. I just run from one point of the map to the next without having to look at the guys who are following me because they'll be able to push through any zombies without much resistance. I haven't even needed to used a waypoint yet. There haven't been a TON of survivors to rescue so far either... Once in a while you'll be able to round up a sizable group, but for the most part the game just tosses one or two cases at you at a time. Then again, Blue Castle didn't fix the worst fucking thing about the first DR1, which is the easily missable scoops, so I've probably missed some. :-\
BiSH

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #216 on: September 29, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »
I just wanted you guys to know that you can actually let Katey turn into a zombie and keep playing. So drop the case files, drop Katey and you have 72 ingame hours to just mess around.

And Green Man,you only need one chainsaw for the paddlesaw. Yes it's weird but there it is.

And you can actually set waypoints for survivors, hold LT + Y. However you cannot set waypoints on the map for yourself ( and I think that's what you meant ).
What

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2010, 05:52:48 AM »
You only need 1 chainsaw for the paddlesaw. I don't think there are any 3 item combos.

Guns could come in handy in DR1 actually, much more so than DR2 from what I've seen. The shotgun was good for clearing out a horde of zombies so your survivors could run through without getting grabbed. Plus, giving some guns to the survivors was VERY helpful, since it let them do a decent job of taking care of themselves. I'd always try to run by the Hunting Shack and pick up as many guns as I could so I could give them to my next group of survivors. No need for that in DR2 though, they don't even need weapons.
BiSH

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2010, 06:00:04 AM »
You only need 1 chainsaw for the paddlesaw. I don't think there are any 3 item combos.

Guns could come in handy in DR1 actually, much more so than DR2 from what I've seen. The shotgun was good for clearing out a horde of zombies so your survivors could run through without getting grabbed. Plus, giving some guns to the survivors was VERY helpful, since it let them do a decent job of taking care of themselves. I'd always try to run by the Hunting Shack and pick up as many guns as I could so I could give them to my next group of survivors. No need for that in DR2 though, they don't even need weapons.

LMG + Electric Wheelchair.. You make the electric wheelchair by building a wheelchair with a battery
[close]

WHICH IS GODDAMN AWESOME

Oh wow, what the fuck. I thought that the paddlesaw was a top tier combo and needed both saws. Derp.
And you can actually set waypoints for survivors, hold LT + Y. However you cannot set waypoints on the map for yourself ( and I think that's what you meant ).

Correct. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

And wait, is it a glitch to let katey turn and keep playing because all Ive read is that once she turns you load, start over or quit.

I tried it out yesterday and no it's not a glitch. You get a cutscene and then you have the option to load, restart or continue playing. So awesome.
What

Himu

« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2010, 08:16:45 AM »

Trying saying this against bosses.
IYKYK

Robo

« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2010, 01:16:52 PM »
I got a DR2 t-shirt rolled up like a roll of duct tape as a gift from Kmart.  Unravelling it, it's the wrinkliest fucking shirt I've ever seen.
obo

drew

• sy
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2010, 03:46:16 PM »
get out of here you son of a bitch

drew

• sy
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2010, 07:23:27 PM »
katey is cute, you guys are monsters

Himu

« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2010, 07:52:24 PM »
Huh? Only one person hates Katey.

Katey is :-*

Gave her a water gun and she was so happy  :-[
IYKYK

drew

• sy
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2010, 08:17:36 PM »
ok good, glad we cleared that up

is there any way to get a buzzcut?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #225 on: September 29, 2010, 08:22:20 PM »
ok good, glad we cleared that up

is there any way to get a buzzcut?

Like as in not totally shaved bald?  Haven't seen that...just bald and mohawk/buzzcut.
ど助平

drew

• sy
« Reply #226 on: September 29, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
<-like that

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: September 29, 2010, 08:59:36 PM »
If you want something REALLY useful :

http://www.msxbox-world.com/features/Dead-Rising-2/index.php

Now that's something :)

Or

« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:01:35 PM by MMaRsu »
What

drew

• sy
« Reply #228 on: September 29, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
first link refuses to load for me, is it one of those interactive maps that gta4 and sr2 had?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #229 on: September 29, 2010, 09:44:16 PM »
first link refuses to load for me, is it one of those interactive maps that gta4 and sr2 had?

Yeah it is..
What

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »

Trying saying this against bosses.

I haven't fought any psychopaths yet with survivors around me, but I imagine they'd just get in the way.

Gotta say, Everyone Knows Slappy is a really unfun mission. I just skipped it.

Really wish I had the roll earlier too.

This has been like the easiest fight in the game so far.
Jump kick him as he's rollerskating. It'll knock him over and you're free to annihilate him while he gets back up. Alternatively, you can shoot him with the water gun, which stuns him for some free hits. But the jump kick is way better.
[close]
BiSH

G The Resurrected

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
Fucking thank you lord first I get kicked off the game cause of the new xbox experience. Only to be kicked again in a coop game for a fucking title update. But thank you lord for this update faster saving and coop problems seem to be fixed. WOOOO

A tip if your feeling generous to your host in coop just buy items for the host then exit out and don't save. Then come back in and you'll still have your money plus awesome weapons and stuff.

Terror is Reality is still awesome when it freaking works though.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:51 PM »
Nice, they fixed it? You wouldnt find that kind of quickness with JAP devs...
fat

G The Resurrected

« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2010, 10:23:34 PM »
Yeah saving is fixed and most all coop/multiplayer stuff is fixed. The multiplayer is still being done by region though.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2010, 11:37:06 PM »
I don't know how saving is fixed? It still freezes for 10 seconds whenever you save/load a file, unless you meant something else.

Never said it wasn't easy, it's just unfun. I just skip it because I'm not going for a complete every mission run.

I dunno, the only time the game gets unfun for me is when you have to fight psychopaths, because the boss fights in this game are atrocious (much like DR1). I welcome ones that you can annihilate with a quickness.

Also, :bow Bibi :bow2

LOL at the item Roaring Thunder
Goblin Mask (aka the Blanka mask) + Battery
[close]

Weapon combos are so awesome.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:16:03 AM by iconoclast »
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2010, 01:14:09 AM »
The chef one was really annoying, because the damage I was doing to him was minuscule and he'd heal it right up. That was until I discovered the Knife Gloves, then he was cake. I fought the two girls in an area that was loaded with beer, whiskey, and cocktails, so every time they'd hit me and run off, I'd drink another beer or two. By the time I was done fighting them there was vomit all over the place. :rofl

The guy in the church almost killed me too, but that was because I went into it with no healing items. Wasn't expecting a psychopath fight in there. I just ran to the bar down the street and drank a bunch of beer again.
[close]

The real problem with the psychopath fights is the lack of hitstun. It's so random if they'll get stunned giving you a quick combo, or if they'll start an attack, be completely invincible during it, and smash you for two bars of damage. So bad.
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2010, 02:07:51 AM »
You can jump up to one of them by climbing crates or whatever, the other three have ladders you have to climb to reach. Just come up behind them and take them out with the Knife Gloves, one by one. They're actually pretty easy, since you can usually get in two hits and dodge out of the way before they can hit you with a swing of their knife. Then rinse and repeat. There's plenty of whiskey and burgers around them so you can heal up after you fight each one.
[close]
BiSH

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2010, 05:53:39 AM »
Well, I just finished this (with ending S). Overall, pretty awesome game -- definitely a worthy sequel to DR1. Only real complaints are the awful framerate, long load times, and how once again, you basically need a FAQ in order to do a full run. I finished with 16 people missing from my notebook and only 47 survivors saved even though I completed every mission that came up. So annoying; I hate having to use FAQs.

That, and it was too easy. Feels like Dead Rising Easy Mode. Oh well.
BiSH

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2010, 06:23:43 AM »
The chef one was really annoying, because the damage I was doing to him was minuscule and he'd heal it right up. That was until I discovered the Knife Gloves, then he was cake. I fought the two girls in an area that was loaded with beer, whiskey, and cocktails, so every time they'd hit me and run off, I'd drink another beer or two. By the time I was done fighting them there was vomit all over the place. :rofl

The guy in the church almost killed me too, but that was because I went into it with no healing items. Wasn't expecting a psychopath fight in there. I just ran to the bar down the street and drank a bunch of beer again.
[close]

The real problem with the psychopath fights is the lack of hitstun. It's so random if they'll get stunned giving you a quick combo, or if they'll start an attack, be completely invincible during it, and smash you for two bars of damage. So bad.
boss comments spoilers
For the chef, I just grabbed a couple of pizzas from a restaurant across the way and wailed on him with a defiler. He went down without too much trouble.

The guy in the church (do you mean the guy in the chapel?) was probably one of the most disturbing bosses Ive faced in a game. I know the game is very tongue in cheek, but that boss had a very believable level of depravity to him. I fucked him up with the electric rake.
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2010, 07:43:15 AM »
Yeah, I'm so used to giving them a 3-4 hit combo and right at the third hit I can see them going into that "I'M GONNA FUCK YOU UP" animation and I try to cancel out of it by jumping.

Hit them twice then do the dogde roll.
What