Author Topic: Sonic Colors  (Read 1727 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Sonic Colors
« on: November 08, 2010, 10:08:23 PM »
Looks pretty good to me.

DS version is just another Sonic Rush game, enjoyed both of those.

Wii version is like the HD version of Sonic Unleashed minus the Werehog, enjoyed that.

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
Re: Sonic Colors
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 10:11:21 PM »
I'm going to buy it but I still feel like there's a little too much hold forward/right to win. Definitely a step in the right direction though if they're going to completely abandon genesis sonic game mechanics.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:59 PM »
LIVE STREAM

http://www.justin.tv/Cyberman6#/w/536819072

edit: This 2d stuff looks pretty damn good, even with the homing attack. Sonic can swim now!

edit 2: mULtiple paths, platforming, i don't understand, sonic died, this isn't real
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 11:00:53 PM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »
Sigh story shit, but that was the first time I've seen genuinely fun looking platforming in a sonic game in a long time.
sad

cool breeze

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 12:54:36 AM »
I saw enough to know I will get the wii version, just not right away because I wouldn't be playing it this instant.

Surprisingly the Wii has some decent games this holiday where the other consoles don't.  The other consoles actually have random motion control filth or re-releases of PS2 games (Sly Collection, Gran Turismo 5).  Epic Mickey is the only one I'm getting at the release date, but I'll catch up with Goldeneye, Sonic Colors, Donkey Kong, and Kirby eventually.

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »
I'll totally get the Xbox vers--HEY WHAT THE HELL

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 12:25:13 PM »

I know, right? Sega has this awesome HD engine from Unleashed, and they make what is probably the best 3D Sonic ever a Wii exclusive.

fukken nintendo money hatz. :maf
BiSH

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »

I know, right? Sega has this awesome HD engine from Unleashed, and they make what is probably the best 3D Sonic ever a Wii exclusive.

Sonic fans and wii owners have a large overlap, don't take it personally guys.

Sonic team is on the record saying they may get to work on an hd version if the Wii version sells well enough to pay for the development, so there's a catch 22 for you.
sad

archie4208

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »

Sonic fans and wii owners have a large overlap, don't take it personally guys.

Sonic team is on the record saying they may get to work on an hd version if the Wii version sells well enough to pay for the development, so there's a catch 22 for you.

True.  Sonic fans and Wii owners both share the "disgusting manchild" demographic.

Bebpo

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
Surprisingly the Wii has some decent games this holiday where the other consoles don't.  The other consoles actually have random motion control filth or re-releases of PS2 games (Sly Collection, Gran Turismo 5).  Epic Mickey is the only one I'm getting at the release date, but I'll catch up with Goldeneye, Sonic Colors, Donkey Kong, and Kirby eventually.

???

stop with the crazy talk!

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:15:46 PM »
Looks very gay. I will check it out.
The gameplay video's are elready better than whole Kirby's Epic Yarn game.

SantaC

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
meh even if it looks good it is hard to get excited over a sonic game anymore. He has been so whored out that he is significant with shovelware for me. Nothing beats Sonic on the MEGA-CD

Bebpo

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 04:32:59 PM »
Sonic is so bad that it even makes SantaC seem like a rational poster

cool breeze

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 04:54:49 PM »

???

It's true, and I'm more normally just as apathetic towards the Wii as any other rational human.

I'm not saying the Wii has a good line-up, just that it manages to be better than the bleak list of games coming out on the 360/PS3.  Looking at the games for PS3/360 coming out between now and the end of the year there is:

Need for Speed (weak demo.  will wait for impressions to know if it's good)
Ass.Creed 2.5 Brotherhood (really liked AC2, but I'm in no rush to play what looks like a rushed expansion pack)
Splatterhouse ( >:( )
Majin (fun demo)
Gran Turismo 5 (lol)

It's just a weird holiday is all.  Q1 2011 looks absolutely insane, though.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »
Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu saves this holiday :bow
BiSH

Bebpo

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 05:37:33 PM »

???

It's true, and I'm more normally just as apathetic towards the Wii as any other rational human.

I'm not saying the Wii has a good line-up, just that it manages to be better than the bleak list of games coming out on the 360/PS3.  Looking at the games for PS3/360 coming out between now and the end of the year there is:

Need for Speed (weak demo.  will wait for impressions to know if it's good)
Ass.Creed 2.5 Brotherhood (really liked AC2, but I'm in no rush to play what looks like a rushed expansion pack)
Splatterhouse ( >:( )
Majin (fun demo)
Gran Turismo 5 (lol)

It's just a weird holiday is all.  Q1 2011 looks absolutely insane, though.

Well, there's also Dead Rising 2, Basara 3, FoTNS Musou, Enslaved, CV, Medal of Honor, CoD7, Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, NV, Halo Reach, Fable 3.  It's not the strongest Q4 lineup but PS3/X360 do have a healthy amount of big hitters this year in the end months.

Otoh, I haven't turned on my Wii since I finished Xenoblade in July.  Nothing worth playing on it this winter imo.  Maybe I'll play Metroid Other M & DKC eventually, but they don't jump out as "must play" games to me. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 05:41:02 PM by Bebpo »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »
I got it... but chances of me playing it are 0%. I just get the games for my amusement. Wii :lol
fat

cool breeze

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:46 PM »
Well, there's also Dead Rising 2, Basara 3, FoTNS Musou, Enslaved, CV, Medal of Honor, CoD7, Super Meat Boy, Vanquish, NV, Halo Reach, Fable 3.  It's not the strongest Q4 lineup but PS3/X360 do have a healthy amount of big hitters this year in the end months.

Otoh, I haven't turned on my Wii since I finished Xenoblade in July.  Nothing worth playing on it this winter imo.  Maybe I'll play Metroid Other M & DKC eventually, but they don't jump out as "must play" games to me. 

oh, your time frame is much larger than mine.  I was mostly talking about November-December.  October for other consoles is much better than both combined for the Wii.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
I played through the first world and the "Game World" or whatever it's called. It's basically more Unleashed day stages, except you're not speeding through the stages as often. There's still plenty of that, but they slow you down and have normal platforming sequences a lot more often. It's like a 50/50 mix I guess.

Game's okay so far. Not going to play through it unless they make an HD version though.
BiSH

Chinner

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 07:16:29 PM »
need to check funds, if i have enough may pick it up on friday. even though some of the influence is blatant i'm happy that mario galaxy has had a large influence.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
I played through the first world and the "Game World" or whatever it's called. It's basically more Unleashed day stages, except you're not speeding through the stages as often. There's still plenty of that, but they slow you down and have normal platforming sequences a lot more often. It's like a 50/50 mix I guess.

Game's okay so far. Not going to play through it unless they make an HD version though.

I didn't play Unleashed, but I played through the first world and the Eggman simulator, and it really struck me as pretty average.  Movement feels a bit stiff, too.  The game still has that "hold forward/right and hit jump for auto-homing while Sonic does everything for you" feel to it.
ど助平

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 07:41:06 PM »
Have both

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2010, 09:42:57 PM »
Both are good

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
I ordered the wii version with overnight shipping. Will have it tommorrow. I'm expecting to like everything but the homing attack nonsense.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 04:35:05 PM »
Pretty good so far. This is far better than sonic advance, which I thought was the last decentish game to come out in the sonic franchise. For the record I hate sonic rush.

Himuro, if you're reading this, there is honest to goodness platforming in this game. There's even been a few sections that make it so using your boost power to gain momentum allow you to reach a higher platform. :o

Hopefully this sells significantly better than every sonic game for the last 10 years and Sega refines this even further.
sad

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »
Real...platforming...?

No, no that's not true. You're kidding right? A REAL platformer in THIS gen? No. Shut up. You're lying. STOP LYING TO ME.
SRY

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2010, 04:46:57 PM »
Real...platforming...?

No, no that's not true. You're kidding right? A REAL platformer in THIS gen? No. Shut up. You're lying. STOP LYING TO ME.

I wouldn't go that far.  The platforming is nothing compared to something like NSMBwii. Many people are going to be confused by how sonic's jump works too. He has this weird little 'tick' towards the end of its animation that almost looks like a much smaller jump.

But as far as sonic goes, its nice that he's not going a zillion miles an hour at all times. He does that part of time in this game, but he has to jump on floating pieces of stuff too.
sad

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
That little tick is kind of annoying but I guess I will get uesd to it. I've played more of the DS one.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »
furfags
duc

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
Meh, I'm starting to run into little nitpicks here and there. Number one being the game likes to put up invisible walls as you go through a level. This prevents the backtracking I would like to do sometimes.

Edit: Numba twoooo- at certain times the game likes to mix and match your abilities depending on what segment of the level you are in. This causes confusion when, for instance, sometimes I can jump off of a railing and other times I can't depending on what the game wants.

numba three- You really have to whip the wiimote to activate the wisps. This isn't like galaxy where a flick gets the job done.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:17:26 PM by EmCeeGrammar »
sad

AdmiralViscen

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2010, 11:26:52 PM »
You aren't playing on a wavebird? lol

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »
This game doesn't use a lot of buttons, don't see the problem, other than the shake thing.
sad

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »
 :lol
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]
sad

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
Not at all funny. But convinced me to play my pirated copy for at least 30 minutes tonight.
fat

EmCeeGrammar

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 05:53:05 PM »
The John C Reilly voice gets me every time, I guess I'm easy to amuse like that.
sad

Himu

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:48 PM »
Pretty good so far. This is far better than sonic advance, which I thought was the last decentish game to come out in the sonic franchise. For the record I hate sonic rush.

Himuro, if you're reading this, there is honest to goodness platforming in this game. There's even been a few sections that make it so using your boost power to gain momentum allow you to reach a higher platform. :o

Hopefully this sells significantly better than every sonic game for the last 10 years and Sega refines this even further.

haha you're kidding me.
IYKYK