Poll

what's the shittiest shitgame of a shit year?

heavy rain
3 (8.6%)
castlevania: lords of shadow
3 (8.6%)
sonic the hedgehog 4
0 (0%)
donkey kong country returns
1 (2.9%)
final fantasy 13
6 (17.1%)
the entire wii library overall (again)
12 (34.3%)
console games overall
1 (2.9%)
gran turismo 5
3 (8.6%)
metroid other m
2 (5.7%)
bioshock 2
1 (2.9%)
crackdown 2: down to tha crack
3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: evilbore votes: shit game of the year 2010 (RESET WITH NEW OPTIONZ)  (Read 6920 times)

Oblivion

Re: evilbore votes: shit game of the year 2010
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2010, 04:47:17 PM »
looks like the wii will sweep another evilbore shitawards

Even Super Mario Galaxy 2?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 04:49:11 PM by Oblivion »

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
niot a single xbox 360 game or exclusive  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

rename this palce team xbox
USA

Raban

• The baby...
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2010, 04:53:33 PM »

How could we forget, 2010 was definitely the year of the PS3.
SRY

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:11 PM »
methodis as write-in
cat

drew

• sy
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »
i voted for bioshock 2

why? because its bioshock

why why? check my post history circa 2007

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2010, 05:17:58 PM »
  • Methodis

But if I had to narrow it down....ugh.  Probably a toss up between FF13 and Heavy Rain.
Tacos

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »
i voted for the entire wii library... i mean nobody knows it better than me :smug

and donkey kong country is cool,i don't see why people harkens it to the snes game other than they are called the same,they really share nothing between them
<----

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »
Bioshock 2 was entirely forgettable.

Actually. Now that I think about it, I would have to say that Kane and Lynch 2 is unequivocally the worst game I played this year. I usually go out of my way not to play stinkers, but man, this one snuck up on me.

so yeah, K&L2 as write-in.
I thought K&L2 was fun and original as hell.  The actual game was pretty short and had a few frustrating parts but I really enjoyed it.

Bioshock 2 is just like the first game but with better gameplay all around.  It was more linear than the first game also so you didn't have to keep back-tracking.

My vote goes to GT5.  It's not the worst game of the year, but it's the most disappointing.

Himu

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2010, 06:07:15 PM »
I enjoyed my wii than the other consoles this year: super mario galaxy 1/2, nmh 1/2, klonoa, sin and punishment 2...

It was mostly SMG and SP2 that put it over, though.

Still haven't played Trauma Team.

Wii's a pretty groovy system these days.
IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »
People shouldn't comment on a software library they ignore because it not 'aych dee'.  Wii brought the fire this year. And we got the first good sonic game in a long time out of it too. That is a fucking MIRACLE in itself. Wii is Jesus. :bow
sad

Bebpo

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »
I've enjoyed every Wii game I've played this year.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
all 2 of them
[close]

So I voted for the wii library.

Himu

« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »
People shouldn't comment on a software library they ignore because it not 'aych dee'.  Wii brought the fire this year. And we got the first good sonic game in a long time out of it too. That is a fucking MIRACLE in itself. Wii is Jesus. :bow

smg and sp2 > hollywood gaming
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2010, 06:21:53 PM »
Best consoles this year:

1. Ps3
2. Wii
3. X360

X360 had lame exclusives, except for Alan Wake, which was a total disappointment anyway.

Wii and Ps3 were the best game consoles this year.

Himu

« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2010, 06:23:17 PM »
Er...what exclusives did ps3 have this year?

IYKYK

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2010, 06:24:42 PM »
I voted for other m even though I never played it. I could just feel the failure emanating off of it when I started watching how the game plays and how it took itself too fucking seriously.
sad

Himu

« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:21 PM »
ds had a pretty average year. ds is shriveling up, yo. :( Need to get Ghost Trick and the Layton games and Ace Attorney Investigations.
IYKYK

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2010, 06:27:08 PM »

- GOW3
- Heavy Rain
- 3d Dot Game Heroes
- Modnation Racers
- GT5
- Sly Collection
- MLB The Show
- MAG

What a great variety of excellent exclusives.

Himu

« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
I haven't played any of those yet. Certainly looks better than the 360 exclusive list though. Except Mag. Mag demo was shit. Also, GT sucks.

I'd like to play 3d Dot Game Heroes.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:31:08 PM by Stringer Bell »
IYKYK

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2010, 06:39:04 PM »
Bioshock 2 was entirely forgettable.

Actually. Now that I think about it, I would have to say that Kane and Lynch 2 is unequivocally the worst game I played this year. I usually go out of my way not to play stinkers, but man, this one snuck up on me.

so yeah, K&L2 as write-in.
I thought K&L2 was fun and original as hell.  The actual game was pretty short and had a few frustrating parts but I really enjoyed it.

Bioshock 2 is just like the first game but with better gameplay all around.  It was more linear than the first game also so you didn't have to keep back-tracking.

My vote goes to GT5.  It's not the worst game of the year, but it's the most disappointing.

sorry K&L2 is the opposite of fun. I guess people will put up with a lot when a game borrows heavily clichéd movie tropes to seem like an original game. Horribly executed third-person gameplay.

and gameplay was never bioshock's strong suite. So the sequel has slightly better shooter mechanics - who cares? the original bioshock was never about really about the gameplay; ittook console shooters in a new direction - one with narrative focus, compelling characters and a bold, interesting new world to explore in rapture. Instead of expanding on these ideas, the sequel was a half-arsed attempt at a cynical cash grab, "oh try and make it like the first game, don't forget to add multiplayer" - it was like they were following the CallofDuty design philosophy under the guise of a bioshock game. It was a completely hollow follow-up to one the most memorable shooters in a long while.

bioshock infinite is how you make a sequel, delivering what looks like a completely enchanting new world to explore.

Himu

« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2010, 06:48:52 PM »
He said exclusives, not first party.
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »
It had a better selection than ms, Fable 3 :rofl
Drunk

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »
Worst game I played all year was Kirby. It's literally a game for babies.

Wii library shouldn't win though, since Monster Hunter Tri and Sin and Punishment 2 are excellent. Especially S&P.

The only good exclusives Microsoft had all year were from niche Japanese developers and XBLA games.
BiSH

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »

- GOW3
- Heavy Rain
- 3d Dot Game Heroes
- Modnation Racers
- GT5
- Sly Collection
- MLB The Show
- MAG

What a great variety of excellent exclusives.

MS and Sony just produce shit that I just don't care a lot about, especially this year.  Halo Reach was alright and so was God of War 3 but besides that neither company put out an exclusive that was really worth a damn (if you take ME2 out of the equation). It's all about 3rd party multiplatform stuff these days.  The PSN/XBLA stuff has been interesting though, particularly XBLA. 

And even though I don't own one, Wii probably had the better exclusives all in all this year but the PS3 and 360 still come out on top because of stuff like Red Dead Redemption and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.
Tacos

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #83 on: December 03, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
ds had a pretty average year. ds is shriveling up, yo. :( Need to get Ghost Trick and the Layton games and Ace Attorney Investigations.

it will only get worse with the 3DS release,i pretty much expect everyone to declare a miracle once okamiden hits and then promptly ever forgetting about the DS existence ever :-\
<----

Himu

« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2010, 07:26:45 PM »
when does okamiden come out? Is 999 good?
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
fuck yes 999 is good but i'm the only one here who played it graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

apparently okamiden gets released in march
[close]
<----

Beezy

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2010, 07:35:50 PM »
The only good exclusives Microsoft had all year were from niche Japanese developers and XBLA games.
That alone + Reach is enough to put it ahead the PS3.

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2010, 07:44:47 PM »
Forgot about Reach, but yeah 360 had the best exclusives easily. Too bad most of them were from a single developer...
BiSH

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2010, 07:45:04 PM »
Wii library is consistently shit so it shouldn't count.

I enjoyed Heavy Rain until the stupid twist at the end.

FFXIII was the only choice for me. GT5 almost gets it but it shows some effort amidst laziness, where FF is just pure shite.
itm

bachikarn

« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »
FF13 was sooo bad

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2010, 03:11:31 AM »
I havent played any of the games on the list!

I try not to play turds.

Most disappointing game I played was Comic Jumper. It was funny but the game sucked. Thank god Twisted Pixel are redeeming themselves by making my dream come true: Ms. Splosion Man. Fucking genius
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:13:07 AM by The Sceneman »

Herr Mafflard

Re: What are you playing?
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2010, 05:57:36 AM »
Stuck at work with nothing but persona 3 on psp. Am i the only one who thinks this game is boring as sin? I'm near the end at 70 hours on the clock and i can't recall anything i really enjoyed in this game. It's all grindan and high school otaku fantasy. And once you figure out the battle system's single conceit, you're basically playing every battle the same way. The dungeons are bland and you end up. . . wait a sec. Dungeons? There's only one dungeon in this game and it's not a very interesting one. Disappointed.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2010, 06:12:04 AM »
while i don't think the game is that bad,yes i do fight an eternal battle stating that is probably the most over-rated RPG ever released in recent memory for the reason you already stated above... i think the thing that pissed me off the most is the plot,it starts with a really cool premise but then it never moves up anywhere following a "monster of the week (pardon month)" pattern and after the monster end the plot devolve into the usual save the world pap :yuck

EDIT: i think we are in the wrong thread... :-[
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:16:25 AM by magus »
<----

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #93 on: December 04, 2010, 06:18:15 AM »
Agree wholeheartedly. And the fact that it drags on and on and on. I swear this could have been 20 hours and still, largely be the same game.

Third

• BODY TALK
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2010, 06:20:31 AM »
Playing a game you don't like for 70 hours.  :lol

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »
999 is great. okamiden jappy is unplayable gross.
duc

SantaC

« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2010, 11:25:59 AM »
voted castlevania.

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2010, 12:24:55 PM »
The Wii library.

It isn't even close.  For a system in its fourth year with the kind of sales it has, you'd expect it to be bursting at the seams with great games, much like the PS2 was at this point in its life cycle.  Instead, it was as anemic as it was in 2009.  It featured a sequel to one of the best games of this generation but how could a system with 60+ million units sold have such a pathetic lineup just four years in?  The fact that developers would rather face bankruptcy and buyouts than develop for the Wii is very telling.  The fact that you know Nintendo is going to abandon the Wii full stop once the 3DS comes out, much like Nintendo did with the GameCube when the DS came out.

Runner Up: Final Fantasy XIII - I'm convinced Square dinked around with the game until 2009 when they realized they have to get off their asses and put something out before the money well runs dry.  Everything in the game was done better by its predecessors.  Annoying anime tropes and insipid personalities that we're supposed to relate to.  A museum style game that artificially lengthened gameplay by having enemies with high HP.  A game world that we're supposed to give a shit about but won't let you actually explore it.

On Deck: Gran Turismo 5 - Over $80 million spent for a game that took 5-6 years to develop that needed at least another year before release.  Like FFXIII, I'm convinced Polyphony Digital was fucking around for most of its life cycle and only got serious about the game within the past year.  With this and GT PSP, I don't know how anyone could say they are a premier developer.  A high price tag but the quality doesn't match.  The massive updates and the all but apologetic statements from Sony since its release are a sign of how they realized they fucked up.  Fantards posting photo mode screen shots don't seem to be actually convincing anyone.
🍆🍆

Himu

« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2010, 12:26:28 PM »
I thought you liked FF13.
IYKYK

Herr Mafflard

« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2010, 12:36:58 PM »
Experiment with the real talk. :bow

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »
The Wii library.

It isn't even close.  For a system in its fourth year with the kind of sales it has, you'd expect it to be bursting at the seams with great games, much like the PS2 was at this point in its life cycle.  Instead, it was as anemic as it was in 2009.  It featured a sequel to one of the best games of this generation but how could a system with 60+ million units sold have such a pathetic lineup just four years in?  The fact that developers would rather face bankruptcy and buyouts than develop for the Wii is very telling.  The fact that you know Nintendo is going to abandon the Wii full stop once the 3DS comes out, much like Nintendo did with the GameCube when the DS came out.

Runner Up: Final Fantasy XIII - I'm convinced Square dinked around with the game until 2009 when they realized they have to get off their asses and put something out before the money well runs dry.  Everything in the game was done better by its predecessors.  Annoying anime tropes and insipid personalities that we're supposed to relate to.  A museum style game that artificially lengthened gameplay by having enemies with high HP.  A game world that we're supposed to give a shit about but won't let you actually explore it.

On Deck: Gran Turismo 5 - Over $80 million spent for a game that took 5-6 years to develop that needed at least another year before release.  Like FFXIII, I'm convinced Polyphony Digital was fucking around for most of its life cycle and only got serious about the game within the past year.  With this and GT PSP, I don't know how anyone could say they are a premier developer.  A high price tag but the quality doesn't match.  The massive updates and the all but apologetic statements from Sony since its release are a sign of how they realized they fucked up.  Fantards posting photo mode screen shots don't seem to be actually convincing anyone.
:bow2

Hitler Stole My Potato

• The Pelé of Anal
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2010, 06:33:12 PM »
I've been playing Fable 3 all day today.

I'd like to add Fable 3 to the shit list.
Tacos

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2010, 09:46:49 PM »
artificially lengthened gameplay by having enemies with high HP. 

what

Battles in FFXIII are probably the fastest in the history of the series. I think you confused it for FFXII
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »
artificially lengthened gameplay by having enemies with high HP. 

what

Battles in FFXIII are probably the fastest in the history of the series. I think you confused it for FFXII

No, he's right. Enemies are hp sinks in FF13.
IYKYK

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
Most of them besides the Adamantoise can be killed in 20 seconds or less ???

Even the turtles only take like two minutes and they have 5 million HP.
BiSH

Himu

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2010, 10:11:48 PM »
FF13 is the type of game where fights are mindless and short if you're using the "wrong strategy" (even if it's still easy) but long and tedious if you aren't.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2010, 12:47:53 AM »

How could we forget, 2010 was definitely the year of the PS3.
methodis as write-in
[close]

OptimoPeach

« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:18 AM »
FF13 is pretty much the only title on that list I expected an A-quality game from, so that. I mean I'm even now playing it in chapter 9 or 10 or something and still think it's kinda crappy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 12:55:50 AM by OptimoPeach »
hi5

GilloD

• TAKE THE LIFE OF FRED ASTAIRE. MAKE HIM PAY. TRANSFER HIS FAME TO YOU.
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2010, 09:14:10 AM »
Wheres Mafia 2?

(Voted for Bioshock just because it felt so. Eh.)
wha

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2010, 08:40:35 PM »
On this list I only played a few Wii games and FFXIII. Would vote for FF but that game ended up redeeming itself. Write in for Kinect Adventures, it's such a boring distinguished mentally-challenged turd.
◕‿◕

etiolate

« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2010, 01:48:42 AM »
Other M over FF13. Final Fantasy was already circling the drain before 13, but Other M takes a solid franchise and makes an ass out if itself. The game was such a letdown N-Savior Reggie couldn't even spin its PR.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2010, 10:45:50 AM »
I only played the demo, but I'll say Crackdown 2 was the biggest disappointment this year for me. I guess all those times I claim "I just want more of the same..." I don't actually want developers to take me entirely seriously.

On this list I only played a few Wii games and FFXIII. Would vote for FF but that game ended up redeeming itself. Write in for Kinect Adventures, it's such a boring distinguished mentally-challenged turd.
I had some fun with Kinect Adventures! during my lunch break today. I suspect I'll be pretty done with it by Friday, but I also think it would work well in party instances. You and Sceneman should invite some lovely ladies over. Watching Kinect Adventures might be more fun than playing it.  :P :drool :lechery

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #112 on: December 06, 2010, 12:34:20 PM »
fuck, i forgot about crackdown 2

i want to change my vote, that game was 100% pure cat shit
sup

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
fuck, i forgot about crackdown 2

i want to change my vote, that game was 100% pure cat shit

What a huge disappointment that was. I never played it myself [didn't need to after reading all the reviews and impressions], but it was super hyped for it when it was first announced. And now the developer of the original is dead, so may as well kiss that "franchise" goodbye.
dog

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Re: evilbore votes: shit game of the year 2010 (RESET WITH NEW OPTIONZ)
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2010, 08:09:24 PM »
I didn't play enough of it to be disappointed. I think I did the first training mission and jumped around a bit, realised it was exactly like the first one but seemed to control worse and never touched it again.

The only thing that annoyed me were the renegade orbs :yuck
itm

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2010, 06:52:26 AM »
I forgot that I had Crackdown 2 in my Gamefly queue.  When I found out I was getting it, once I received it, I just sent it right back in.

Most of them besides the Adamantoise can be killed in 20 seconds or less ???

Even the turtles only take like two minutes and they have 5 million HP.

The turtles take two minutes only after you grind for hours to unlock the necessary abilities to do so.
🍆🍆