Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS thread  (Read 100117 times)

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Our own Nilay Patel has had a headache since this morning's playing session, as has columnist-at-large Michael Gartenberg 

lol  wow

magus

• LIKES FF7
sony should add a vuvuzela option to induce headaches into people buying PSP2 too! :smug
<----

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Another Ubisoft game
[youtube=560,345][/youtube]

Awesome trailer.
dog

maxy

• Sales Loser
Our own Nilay Patel has had a headache since this morning's playing session, as has columnist-at-large Michael Gartenberg 

lol  wow

Part of it is tech,part of it is people messing around with non-familiar device

either way,fuck this fake shit,give us holograms,real holodeck not this brain melting stuff
 :pirate can see the 3D world just fine,no dizziness(except from alcohol  :smug )

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kinect is a small,but important step towards that
[close]
cat

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
I've gone from 'OMG DAY 1, first handheld I'm going to buy since GBA' to 'eh' so very quickly since the lead up to launch has been peppered with so much disappointing news. Primarily region locking and crappy sounding online implementation. ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuck Nintendo
◕‿◕

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

Nintendo 3 Dog SKUs
乱学者

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Is that a miniature poodle? :heart
itm

Himu

Looks like a pretty good line up to me. Go play your shitty first person shooters, babbies.

Mean while I'll be playing my 3ds and Tactics Ogre on my psp.
IYKYK

pilonv1

Looks like a pretty good line up to me.

kiss of death
itm

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
I heard Nintendo was going to move their 3DS production facility

...to Portland

Himu

Looks like a pretty good line up to me.

kiss of death

Go play Football Manager, plebe.
IYKYK

pilonv1

u mad?
itm

Himu

I'm mad that you always seem mad at me :(
IYKYK

pilonv1

it's just a front :-*
itm

Himu

IYKYK

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Isn't the 3DS supposed to be more powerful then the PSP? How come all the games look like Sub Dreamcast graphics?
USA

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
3DS is really shaping to be the pinnacle of gaming :smug

Target audience is obviously someone that has lots of money,has 3D fetish,loves ports and dreams about Ubisoft games

btw,saw something on gaf about 3DS Pikmin game

E3: OMG MGS3, MAINLINE RE, RE MERCS, SSFIV, DOA, ZELDA OOT REMAKE, STARFOX 64 REMAKE, ETC. ETC. ETC. ALL AT LAUNCH!!!!!!!!!

Today: lol no

I never understood the reactions to the E3 reveal fucking ports and shit looking games everywhere and yet everyone was losing their shit.
Drunk

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
Seeing the PS3 for the first time at E3 was pretty awesome though.  Even though my friend and I knew that those "PS3"s had nothing inside, it was still cool to see them with all the fancy sports cars-like paint jobs.  It's too bad that Sony never even bothered to release limited editions of those fancy colored PS3s. 

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I hope the next Paper Mario is as good as TTYD. Every Mario RPG since then has sucked.

But yeah the launch line up is pretty terrible. Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, and Resident Evil are the only interesting games there, and I'm in no rush to play any of them. Everything else is a remake or rehash of old games with superior versions already available.
BiSH

EmCeeGrammar

• Casted Flamebait lvl. 3
The 3ds supports mp3s.
This changes things.

hmmmm.
sad

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
The 3ds supports mp3s.
This changes things.

hmmmm.

i guess, if you want the largest and most inconvenient mp3 player ever.

EmCeeGrammar

Ghost Recon game is by J.Gallop

OLD

The 3ds supports mp3s.
This changes things.

hmmmm.

I broke my ipod. I need chunky durable things. :fbm
sad

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
The 3ds supports mp3s.
This changes things.

hmmmm.

3DS is a PSP killer in every way :bow

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
I don't know, Street Fighter IV looks pretty bad-fucking-ass if I were a fighting game fan.  I'll probably wait until June when OoT is out.
pόp

pilonv1

what is this j.gallop stuff
itm

cool breeze

SF4 would be cool if you did take your 3DS around with you.  For me, it is worse version of the same game I already have on PS3/360, with worse controls.  Even though Street Fighter is a billion times more interesting than DoA, if I got one 3DS fighting game (ignoring Blazblue) it would be DoA because it at least seems new.

I'm speaking more from my opinion experiences.  I bought Tekken on PSP and didn't play it much and passed on Soul Calibur psp when that came out.  The last fighting game I really played on a handheld was Street Fighter 2 on the GBA.  well, ignoring anime fighters like the Bleach games and Jump - Stars games.

realistically I'll buy pilot wings and the thing will sit here doing nothing until the next batch of games come out.  I haven't learned my lesson from pretty much every other console launch, except maybe the Dreamcast.

Ghost Recon game is by J.Gallop

yeah, that seems like it may be the surprise exception from Ubisoft's usual pile-o-quickie shit ports.

what is this j.gallop stuff

x-com talent
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 01:12:19 AM by Linkzg »

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
I don't know, Street Fighter IV looks pretty bad-fucking-ass if I were a fighting game fan.  I'll probably wait until June when OoT is out.

It sure does. That's why I've been playing it for 9 months.
BiSH

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
some ninfags haven't  ;)
pόp

maxy

• Sales Loser
Lazer Squad :bow2

Gametrailers has bunch off-screen videos

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
boxart time

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
Also, why do we need cases that are CD dimensions with DVD case thickness for a frigging smartcard!?

probably some marketing reason,casuals are strange...i don't think that Nintendo cares about some hardcore nerd drooling over boxart

Smaller case is bound to cost less money...small amount,but million copies
cat

naff

Make them thin as fuck

Thin as fuck has some negative connotations imo, even though it's software keeping classic media dimensions has a certain level of comfort.

and stop wasting so much shitty plastic. Use card, paper, whatever.

:lol funny you should say this as greenpeace has Nintendo as one of the least 'green' electronics manufacturers

◕‿◕

maxy

• Sales Loser
It makes no sense to me either.
money,unwilling to change,it was fine before so let's continue,marketing...it's just wtf

This is like making 360 without DVD but maintaining the same size.DVD is like half of the 360

PSP2 will be interesting to see
cat

magus

• LIKES FF7

dead or alive giving a new meaning to button mashing :smug
<----

Corporal

Aw, now I want to play Links Awakening again.
!list

magus

• LIKES FF7
Aw, now I want to play Links Awakening again.

probably the best sentiment related to a zelda games

link's awakening! the only actualy really good zelda! even if it has that horrible horrible trading fetch quest
<----

SantaC

any news if OoT has extra content? Only extra areas can get me to buy it again.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
[youtube=560,345]vW41M_1zM4o[/youtube]
Resistance weakening...
Hi

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Any reports about the battery life, and for how much we can extend it?
Unzip

maxy

• Sales Loser
Nintendo official faq,via ign

Battery Duration: When playing Nintendo 3DS software about 3-5 hours. When playing Nintendo DS software about 5-8 hours. Battery duration differs depending on the brightness setting of the screen. The information regarding battery duration is a rough standard. It can be shorter depending on what functions of the Nintendo 3DS system are used.

David Yarnton,managing director of Nintendo UK.

Eurogamer: The 3DS' 3.5 to 5 hour battery life has disappointed quite a few people.

David Yarnton: Actually, if you have the 3D, Wi-Fi and other functions off it's longer than five hours. You're looking at a totally new piece of equipment that's doing lots of different things compared to previous products. It's a different ball-game. But if you don't have the 3D on it will be longer than five hours.

So yeah,battery life is here and there

We won't know until somebody buys the thing or some tech site gets it for review
cat

Himu

can you post the official faq
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
cat

Himu

IYKYK

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
I thought you couldn't turn off the wifi?

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
I'm waiting for the inevitable 3DS Lite.  I'm not paying $250 for a 3DS.

I hope the next Paper Mario is as good as TTYD. Every Mario RPG since then has sucked.

But yeah the launch line up is pretty terrible. Kid Icarus, Paper Mario, and Resident Evil are the only interesting games there, and I'm in no rush to play any of them. Everything else is a remake or rehash of old games with superior versions already available.

Nintendo's launches have pretty much all been terrible.  They seem to hit their stride about a year in, blow their load over the next two years after that, and then abandon the hardware.

The 3DS lineup is much better than the first year of the DS.  Your options for most of the first year were Mario 64 DS, Yoshi Touch and Go, Nintendogs, or Kirby Canvas Curse.  I see at least twice that amount of potentially good games to come out in the first year of the 3DS, even if some of them are port jobs.  That is just what we know.
🍆🍆

maxy

• Sales Loser
Some opinion piece

Opinion: Nintendo 3DS Is a Last-Gen Game Machine

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/01/nintendo-3ds-analysis/

It will be interesting to see how 3DS revisions will be handled

DS was going up,but 3DS has $250 starting point...

I like this

Ever since the cautionary tale of the PSP, I’ve been skeptical whenever game industry watchers line up in universal praise of anything. It’s not that I have a contrarian streak. It’s because when everybody seems to be on board with a new product, that means it is too understandable to them: It’s exactly like what is popular now, but better, therefore it could not possibly fail.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 03:22:55 PM by maxy »
cat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
it's surprising to see Kohler of all people dissenting a bit.
Hi

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
That's actually a pretty awesome Kohler quote. I liked that article.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Too bad Kohlers a fat racist.
USA

naff

Too bad you're a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow
◕‿◕

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Too bad I actually have proof of Kohler being one and he also called me a "distinguished black fellow".
USA

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
wow, good job Kohler
乱学者

EmCeeGrammar

Too bad I actually have proof of Kohler being one and he also called me a "distinguished black fellow".

Meh I called someone that once. I didn't mean it and only did it because he called me a cigarillo first. :(
But I let him know I don't think less of him really, so Kohler's not necessarily a racist. 
sad

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I wonder if the post is still here on these forums. It was brought up years ago when I first joined I think and then Kohler stepped in and bumblefoot his way out a excuse.
USA

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Yeah, I read that article today and really liked it. I had no idea it was Kohler's. I thought everything he said was pretty reasonable, drawing comparisons to the PSP launch was a bit grim, but still made sense.

Too bad Kohlers a fat racist.

If you're gonna start another one of your nerd-rage episodes about him I'm gonna freaking ban you on the spot.

Jesus, Every fucking time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 05:03:50 PM by Shah Rukh Khan »
Unzip

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
Thin as fuck has some negative connotations imo

That's what she said!! LMAO!

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
We went over this like 5 years ago go look up the thread if you want the proof.
USA

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
"Yes, this case will be nailed shut with a final, decisive piece of evidence"
                                /

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
I don't give a fuck ban me, side with a racist I don't give a fuck. If I could search i'd look it up myself BUT I CAN'T.
USA

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
It's amazing how i've been here for 5-6 years and I still don't get no fuckign respect
USA