Author Topic: Vita Thread  (Read 628746 times)

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Re: Vita / PSP2 thread (US/Euro release: Feb 22)
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2011, 10:22:21 AM »
I don't mind the model, it's the only realistic solution that appeases to both publishers and (some) users.

However I have a problem with the steep $10 price ceiling, obviously. You just know that all the games that matter will hit it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:57:49 PM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

cool breeze

« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2011, 01:51:59 PM »
yeah, $10 is too much, but the idea behind it isn't that bad.  It's just a discount to buy the digital version of it.  You don't lose your physical copy and essentially own the game twice.

the only company that did it better (surprisingly) was EA with Origin.  any retail game can be claimed as a digital/original purchase for free.  I tossed all my old EA PC games in my garage because I can just download them now.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #122 on: November 23, 2011, 08:02:22 PM »
http://andriasang.com/comz2b/ridge_racer_courses/

Namco Bandai held a Japanese media briefing for its PlayStation Vita launch titles yesterday. Impress Watch and Famitsu.com delivered impressions and screens for Ridge Racer.

As we previously detailed, Ridge Racer (which appears to be the game's final Japanese name) carries a lower price compared to most Vita launch titles. The game's package version is priced ¥3,980. The download version is regularly priced ¥3,580, but through March 31 you can pick it up for the special price of ¥2,980. Regardless of the version, the game requires a Memory Card.

One of the tradeoffs for the low price appears to be content. The sites report that the demo build had just five cars and three courses, and this will be true for the final version as well.

The course list includes Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs and Southbay Docks, all form past entries in the series. They can be played in normal and reverse.

Namco Bandai will, of course, be offering download content to add to the game. Details on DLC will be shared in December. The game's main menu has an option for directly accessing PlayStation Store.

The official Namco Bandai reason for the low price is that it hopes to get as many players as possible in order to make the Planetary League mode more active. In the Planetary League, players throughout the world split into circle, x, triangle and square teams. Every 24 hours, the game sends out new team battle missions. At the end of the month, the game's servers will determine the rank of each of the four teams based off points earned during the missions.

These team battles can be played as real time races via Wi-Fi and Ad-Hoc. Or, you can play against rival ghost data. The game supports Vita's Near functionality for transferring ghost data.

For those hoping to use Ridge Racer to show off your pricey new portable, Famitsu.com reports that the game has detailed visuals and fresh colors thanks to the OLED screen, with the night courses looking particularly pretty. Due to the focus on detail, the game runs at 30 frames per second rather than the 60 some Ridge Racer fans may have hoped for.

:lol
itm

pilonv1

« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
The sad thing is that THQ already tried this approach with low priced base game and DLC and it failed miserably.
itm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
http://andriasang.com/comz2b/ridge_racer_courses/

Namco Bandai held a Japanese media briefing for its PlayStation Vita launch titles yesterday. Impress Watch and Famitsu.com delivered impressions and screens for Ridge Racer.

As we previously detailed, Ridge Racer (which appears to be the game's final Japanese name) carries a lower price compared to most Vita launch titles. The game's package version is priced ¥3,980. The download version is regularly priced ¥3,580, but through March 31 you can pick it up for the special price of ¥2,980. Regardless of the version, the game requires a Memory Card.

One of the tradeoffs for the low price appears to be content. The sites report that the demo build had just five cars and three courses, and this will be true for the final version as well.

The course list includes Harborline 765, Highland Cliffs and Southbay Docks, all form past entries in the series. They can be played in normal and reverse.

Namco Bandai will, of course, be offering download content to add to the game. Details on DLC will be shared in December. The game's main menu has an option for directly accessing PlayStation Store.

The official Namco Bandai reason for the low price is that it hopes to get as many players as possible in order to make the Planetary League mode more active. In the Planetary League, players throughout the world split into circle, x, triangle and square teams. Every 24 hours, the game sends out new team battle missions. At the end of the month, the game's servers will determine the rank of each of the four teams based off points earned during the missions.

These team battles can be played as real time races via Wi-Fi and Ad-Hoc. Or, you can play against rival ghost data. The game supports Vita's Near functionality for transferring ghost data.

For those hoping to use Ridge Racer to show off your pricey new portable, Famitsu.com reports that the game has detailed visuals and fresh colors thanks to the OLED screen, with the night courses looking particularly pretty. Due to the focus on detail, the game runs at 30 frames per second rather than the 60 some Ridge Racer fans may have hoped for.

:lol

This is just fucking sad.  WTF Namco?
ど助平

« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »
How long before every game is F2P?  And made in Korea?
ǚ

pilonv1

« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
I don't know what I'm more annoyed about, 30fps or lack of content.

I honestly think the 30fps is more disgusting.

Maybe we'll get a 333mhz mode :(
itm

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2011, 10:50:41 PM »
How long before every game is F2P?  And made in Korea?
Clearly, not long. Maybe another gen or two?
Hi

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2011, 02:00:36 AM »
There is so no way I'm buying this hardware, possibly ever

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2011, 02:53:30 AM »
oh man, it gets worse and worse, after a promising initial showing. I have no boner for this whatsoever now.

The nonsense about paying Sony to convert your PSP cart games to Vita is also Sony to the core. A crazy fix to cover up their lack of planning. Better to just ignore the backwards-compatibility altogether than offer such a clumsy, insulting, RIP-OFF of a solution.
vjj

pilonv1

« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2011, 03:16:31 AM »
Next we'll find out that Minna No Golf has 6 holes and one course. Extra characters, items and courses will be sold separately. And there's an online pass.
itm

Damian79

« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2011, 06:33:54 AM »
Scamco strikes again!

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2011, 07:44:23 AM »
A future PlayStation 3 firmware update will enable Vita Remote Play on all games, Eurogamer has learnt.

However, this will be only at the PlayStation Portable 480x272 resolution, which will be upscaled to fill the screen.

For future games, developers will be able to include Vita specific 480p modes, Eurogamer understands.
cat

iconoclast

• レーダーマン
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2011, 04:35:07 PM »
I bet Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be 30 fps as well. Yet another failure from Team Ninja Dog

(I hope I'm wrong)
BiSH

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
30 fps wipeout

Is that confirmed? I thought they'd said they were still trying to hit 60fps

Still interested in Vita, not at launch though
◕‿◕

pilonv1

« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »
Sub SD resolutions for remote play. Please understand.

Eurogamer understands

:o
itm

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2011, 02:38:16 AM »
Sony just don't seem to understand that you don't need to pile on every crazy feature you can think of. It's exactly the problem Japanese phones have: every stupid hardware feature you can imagine - 3D photos being the latest - but none of them implemented well enough to gain any kind of traction.

Meanwhile Apple eats their lunch generation after generation by putting out relatively simple products that have a laserlike focus on what they can do extremely well. If a feature isn't polished, then it doesn't go live 'til it IS polished. Worse, Sony announces all this stuff upfront and makes it sound like it will be cool, than gradually turns it into an object of ridicule by downgrading and adding all these retardo 'gotchas'.
vjj

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2011, 03:17:40 AM »
A future PlayStation 3 firmware update will enable Vita Remote Play on all games, Eurogamer has learnt.

However, this will be only at the PlayStation Portable 480x272 resolution, which will be upscaled to fill the screen.

For future games, developers will be able to include Vita specific 480p modes, Eurogamer understands.

Imagine this, PS3 games with UI elements made for HD, first scaled down to 480x272, piped to the vita, then scaled up again to whatever the vita resolution is... dat squint-o-vision
地平線

cool breeze

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2011, 07:08:59 AM »
don't forget lag!

I tried the remote play on my PSP once and it was nigh unplayable.  It was only a few feet from my PS3 and router.  Maybe it has a place for turn based games, I guess.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2011, 08:28:09 AM »
I only remote play when I need to poop

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2011, 01:21:01 PM »
The Vita is kind of a pass to me at this point.  This handheld is oddly punitive in nature, considering the uphill battle Sony has against Apple and Nintendo.
🍆🍆

cool breeze

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2011, 01:09:48 AM »
tentative Gamestop (usually correct) memory card prices, or bohica

4GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $29.99
8GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $44.99
16GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $69.99
32GB PlayStation Vita Memory Card - $119.99

Sho Nuff

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2011, 01:48:55 AM »
Why the FUCK aren't they using MicroSD

Tasty

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2011, 02:35:24 PM »

Or regular SD ($15 for 16 GB.) :bow 3DS :bow2

OK I'll leave. ::)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2011, 06:56:58 PM »

So Sony can peddle their own shit like always with every device they make.

I even had a Minidisc at one point before I learned  :-\

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2011, 05:29:49 AM »

Sony hardware underperforming?

News at 11!

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #146 on: November 29, 2011, 06:31:40 AM »
looks like ps3 to me
xbot

Seriously,it should look fine on small a screen but the amount of jaggies is uhhh...much lower native res syndrome

Power VR(gpu) is supposed to have nearly free AA so this is kinda surprising.
cat

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
Vita / PSP2 thread (US/Euro release: Feb 22)
« Reply #147 on: November 29, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »
It should (4xMSAA). Lots of devs talked about it, but for some reason very few actually used it. Especially Japanese devs. Holy shit those guys are lazy and out of touch.

(The only game I know that uses AA is Virtua Tennis)

Most of these games were rushed, though, so I'll blame Sony for sending mosd dev kits as late out as April.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:11:38 AM by Shaka Khan »
Unzip

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #148 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:27 AM »
It should (4xMSAA). Lots of devs talked about it, but for some reason very few actually used it. Especially Japanese devs. Holy shit those guys are lazy and out of touch.

It could be like 360 2XAA,nearly free...if programmers spent months tweaking it :derp
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 07:04:01 AM by maxy »
cat

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #149 on: November 29, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
i will gladly bite the bullet and get one on launch.  it's a disease...i always have to try out new consoles.  I hope there's some semi-widespread defect that I can use an excuse to return it after I get my jollies.   

but honestly, portable full PS3 games and dual sticks are the most exciting thing I've ever heard for a portable console.  the worst part, I don't even play portables outside.  and I own two ps3s.   :-\

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #150 on: November 29, 2011, 01:26:08 PM »
I will gladly buy a 3G model + a 32GB if the Japanese launch goes smoothly, the launch games turn out as good as I expect, and JBore recommends it. Otherwise, I'm gonna sit this one out, a first in a long time, because this is starting to have "Disaster" written all over it with each day we come closer to launch.

I don't think we've a piece of good news since Gamescom.
Unzip

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
well, the gaming part still seems fine to me.  resistance looking meh is no surprise, UMVC3 running at a lower res...um, all things I've gotten used to with this round of consoles!  I'm not really interested in any of the other functions or 3G...no way am I getting stuck in a contract.     

the memory card prices are fucking nuts, but I think there will be deals around launch, because it's not like this thing is gonna sell out by any means.  Kinda messed up that the prices probably won't drop on the cards like they did for the PSP1 since they're proprietary.  All in all, it's shaping up to be pretty par for the recent gaming industry course in my mind.   

Sho Nuff

« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2011, 01:54:43 PM »
I'm going to pass for now. I need something super unique on it, ports of console games were cool when PSP came out but now I'm older and wiser :derp

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2011, 03:16:06 PM »
Vita hype train derailed

I wonder if anything will be left for US/EU launch,probably not.All i see is meh,will wait for...something

Memory card thing is a big mistake
cat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:39 PM »
$250 system + $30 4GB vitacard + $40 game = $320 minimum ($345 with tax)

pass
sup

Bebpo

« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2011, 03:24:48 PM »
So basically about the same as 3DS launch give or take $30 but with 10x better system & games at launch.

Sounds great to me.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2011, 05:02:42 PM »
i'll buy one, but i'm stupid. can't be worse than a 3ds, and i bought *two* of those at launch.
duc

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #157 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:40 PM »
Don't see what's the big deal here.

I mean, I get paid to buy these expensive shit.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #158 on: November 29, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
i'll buy one, but i'm stupid. can't be worse than a 3ds, and i bought *two* of those at launch.
Go all the way and treat yourself to a HTC Titan and/or Samsung Focus S.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #159 on: November 29, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
i just can't justify that kind of dough for one game, i'm not a high-dolla holla
sup

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #160 on: November 29, 2011, 06:05:27 PM »
I'm going to pass for now. I need something super unique on it, ports of console games were cool when PSP came out but now I'm older and wiser :derp

I feel :derp  because the whole selling point for me is "now there's TWO analog sticks!"  but really, that's awesome.   

and if PS2 classics work from day 1, well, now you've got yourself a portable God Hand machine, which is pretty much going to be the high water mark of the video game industry.  the console wars will be over for the rest of history.  and it's only 1.4 gb

« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:07:37 PM by Don Flamenco »

Bebpo

« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2011, 06:12:32 PM »
i just can't justify that kind of dough for one game, i'm not a high-dolla holla

Buy more than one game?

I'm getting like 6 and they all should be pretty rad:

Uncharted, Wipeout, Hot Shots 6, LBP, Gravity Daze, Shinobido 2

Tasty

« Reply #162 on: November 29, 2011, 06:30:59 PM »

::) You mean Galaxy Nexus.

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #163 on: November 29, 2011, 06:33:54 PM »
No self respecting MSfag would buy any Android shit.

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2011, 07:02:22 PM »
i just found out my brother's kids are getting android tablets for xmas.   my sister's kids got iPads.  my brother and sister have a competitive relationship, this could end up being pretty funny :lol   

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2011, 07:06:39 PM »

waitin' for the lumia 800, bro :pimp
duc

pilonv1

« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:09 PM »

Nintendo 3DS owner
itm

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »

waitin' for the lumia 800, bro :pimp
That's old news.

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-900-hit-us-early-2012

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Conduit 3 is shaping up pretty nicely, will probably end up being the last great Wii game.
dog

Tasty

« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2011, 08:12:53 PM »
No self respecting MSfag would buy any Android shit.

:bow 720p screen
:bow 1 GB RAM
:bow 1.2 GHz dual core
:bow 4G

:bow Android 4.0 :bow2

Conduit 3 is shaping up pretty nicely, will probably end up being the last great Wii game.

I looked at your post, then the screens, thought for a second, then realized. :lol

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »
feature leaking douchebags, i hope that shit gets cracked on launch :maf

cool breeze

« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2011, 09:45:12 PM »
I'm getting it.  Just don't know if I should go with the $250 + $30 memory or $350 irresponsible pack. 

The main reasons I'm getting it are improved PSP games and games I actually want in Shinobido 2 and Gravity Daze (maybe Uncharted).

and hopefully that UMD program is announced for the states and not as expensive.  I've seen people complaining that it's not free, which is a bit ridiculous, but $10 is still too much considering you can buy some games for $10 without going through the whole process.  $5 is more reasonable.

I've been sitting on some of those "free" PSP games from the sony hack.   Bigger screen, real analog sticks, filtered, and second stick options should be nice.

Bebpo

« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2011, 10:37:27 PM »
Hot Shots 6!!

/sorry, you don't understand how LONG I've waited for a new HSG.  5 was sooooo long ago and it was freaking great.  Playing online with Astrolad and other gaffers were some of my best memories this gen.  Like Chromehounds for golf.

pilonv1

« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2011, 11:01:14 PM »
I liked it but the online mode was pretty average. If there's good online for this it's the one thing that can sell me on it.
itm

Bebpo

« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2011, 11:08:26 PM »
Eh, you don't need the best online ever for golf.  Sure you can make it better, but just being able to play and compare scores is fun enough.

Bebpo

« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2011, 11:12:29 PM »
Yeah.  I'll give you that.  Once they started with the insane hour long updates I bailed.

HSG5 & GT5 both are plagued by 1 hour worth of 20 updates totaling 5-10gigs just to play online.  Hope they learned from that disaster.

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #176 on: December 01, 2011, 09:04:34 AM »
A recent preview of the OS...

Sponsored by RAM.
Unzip

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: December 01, 2011, 05:50:41 PM »
I know, I know...I'm fucking insane.

I just pre-ordered a Japanese Vita+8GB memory card+UMvC3+Uncharted from P-A.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 06:11:07 PM by lyte edge »
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #178 on: December 03, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »
yeah, I remember murmur about it on twitter but it was never truly confirmed since the murmurs were in response to a story that you could indeed use multiple account, as you can on the PS3.  I guess not! really dumb

If it works like the PSP, you don't need to reset the machine.  You can switch anytime you're transferring a game from a different region through your PS3.  But still switching using a console is a pain in the ass.

It could be worse.  What if there were no accounts at all! not that a company with a shred of perspective would do that in 2011
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 03:43:47 AM by Linkzg »

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2011, 03:41:09 AM »
I knew about the one-account limitation, but I had no idea about the resetting factory defaults bit :lol

The saved/downloaded data on memory sticks should be safe though, right? Since it can basically be removed.
Unzip