Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 343454 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Dynasty Warriors 9 Announced!
« Reply #2040 on: March 27, 2017, 10:06:18 PM »
But I would say that the past year or so has largely been disappointing- I'm not counting Valkyrie Drive since it's a 2015 game (and is good), and without that...I got:

Uppers
Sengoku Basara Sanada Yukimura-Den
Arslan
Berserk
Fate/Extella

Out of those, only Fate/Extella was really enjoyable.  Uppers could have been something awesome, but falters with shitty braindead enemies.  Sengoku Basara isn't bad, but is just sort of...there.  It's just like a big story mode expansion for Yukimura and a couple of others.  Arslan = crap and Berserk = eh.

Oh, I did also get Drive Girls on Vita, which I barely even touched.  It's another Senran Kagura style game with the gimmick being that the characters transform into cars.  It's...weird, lol.  It went pretty much ignored at release and I don't even recall seeing it on PSN for download.  Makes me wonder if it will be a rare game someday.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2041 on: March 28, 2017, 10:03:52 AM »
Koei focusing on important details for Musou Stars.

:obama
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2042 on: March 29, 2017, 06:23:26 AM »
Importing a bit of Team Ninja's tech I see.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2043 on: March 29, 2017, 07:29:45 AM »
Tomorrow! :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2044 on: March 30, 2017, 10:33:51 AM »
LET'S DO THIS

MUSOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2045 on: March 30, 2017, 12:49:41 PM »
OMG, one of the option menus started playing an orchestrated version of the MIGHTY BOMB JACK theme.  I marked the hell out!  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2046 on: March 30, 2017, 02:33:05 PM »
The curse of Bebpo strikes- this game has framerate problems.  Some really, really bad ones.   :-\  Sucks, because otherwise it's awesome.  Import games letting me down lately.
:stahp
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2047 on: March 30, 2017, 02:59:49 PM »
The curse of Bebpo strikes- this game has framerate problems.  Some really, really bad ones.   :-\  Sucks, because otherwise it's awesome.  Import games letting me down lately.

Maybe just needs a patch.  Aren't their PS4 and especially PS4 Pro musou games fairly smooth?  I don't remember framerate issues in musou in a while.

If the game has a PC version, that should fix that.  Outside of framerate does the game seem any good?

Trent Dole

« Reply #2048 on: March 30, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Slowdown in a Musou game? Well I never!
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2049 on: March 30, 2017, 06:31:31 PM »
Maybe just needs a patch.  Aren't their PS4 and especially PS4 Pro musou games fairly smooth?  I don't remember framerate issues in musou in a while.

They've never been stable, but Pro has helped.  Just not with this game, which is kind of hilarious since this is the first PS4 (and not PS3) musou title.

If the game has a PC version, that should fix that.  Outside of framerate does the game seem any good?

Yeah, it will run better on PC if gets a port...and then be fucked up with everything else.  :lol  Always follow the golden rule and don't buy Koei musou games on PC.  ;)

Apart from the framerate problems...yeah, I'm digging what they're doing in terms of it being a musou all-star fest.

Slowdown in a Musou game? Well I never!

Not the normal framerate stuff you'd see.  I wouldn't complain about that- this game has levels where you feel like you're moving and fighting underwater.  It's really, really bad.  Haven't seen it that bad ever in fact.  Since it happens in the exact same places on both PS4 and Vita, I'm hoping that means it is something they can patch.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2050 on: March 30, 2017, 11:03:45 PM »
Seeing a lot of the same opinions on this game, I.E. that it's really fun but that framerate can really bring things down.

I just played for a while and had some fun after getting used to the technical issues.  You can do some insane damage since you can chain up to five members of your team together and attack as one (which first appeared in Warriors Orochi 3, but was restricted to a bonus mode), plus go nuts with fever mode. 

The game world also looks to be pretty massive.  There's already a bunch of missions available -and even 'hidden' ones that pop up when you move around the overworld- and I just noticed that this is all happening in just one section of a what appears to be a giant island or continent.  Am pretty sure that some of the stages are recycled from other games, which is kind of par for the course.  I played on the yellow turban rebellion stage from DW8 and it played an orchestrated version of a classic yellow turban DW thing.  There's some nice music here.

The game play is a little different than other musou games, especially compared to Warriors Orochi 3, which is is basically the successor to.  Gone are individual character skills/attributes and instead the game uses a card system to enhance abilities.  You cannot switch characters and instead can either summon your teammates to do attacks or call them out for a chain attack, which lasts for a little while.  When you do this, you switch to playing as the character you last chained with and doing a musou will do their attack as well.  There's no horses, but you run pretty fast so it doesn't really matter.

Also came across some enemy officers who do insane damage to YOU.  Not something you see often in musou games, apart from someone like Lu Bu (who has already popped up a few times and is all nasty).

I really hope they address the framerate issues.  Otherwise I wouldn't recommend that anyone buy this unless they are a hardcore musou fan.  If they fix things, this could turn out to be a real blast.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2051 on: April 01, 2017, 03:16:34 AM »
There's a mobile game that's out in Eng now.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2052 on: April 01, 2017, 09:08:12 AM »
There's a mobile game that's out in Eng now.

Was actually impressed by what I saw, and I usually avoid mobile games.  Dem graphix
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2053 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:51 PM »
Maybe I'm going crazy here, but disabling boost mode on PS4 Pro seems to help with Musou Stars' performance!  Didn't feel like I was underwater when I tried that first Kasumi level.  Hmm...

First Pro game I've played where boost mode seems to be bad thing.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2054 on: April 02, 2017, 11:25:11 PM »
I think my new favorite character is Millennia from Kagero: Deception II.  All the trap-based attacks brought into a musou game are just fuckin' awesome.  Summoning guillotines mid-air and spikes, and even making pumpkins fall onto enemies' heads, disorienting them, is just too good.  I ran a train on the first level I tried her on, literally- her musou attack summons a locomotive that runs over people.  :lol  Gonna go for Laegrinna, from Deception IV, next.

I also got William from Nioh.  I like that he speaks entirely in English and there's even an option to make his dialogue subtitles display English, lol.

This game has little chance of getting localized, right?

It seems it'd be trickier getting the rights than it was for Orochi.

Why do you say that?  Koei-Tecmo localizes all their own stuff.  There's no reason why this wouldn't get an English release.  I expect them to release it at least by E3, maybe after the latest Samurai Warriors game comes out here.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2055 on: April 02, 2017, 11:44:35 PM »
Why do you say that?  Koei-Tecmo localizes all their own stuff.  There's no reason why this wouldn't get an English release.  I expect them to release it at least by E3, maybe after the latest Samurai Warriors game comes out here.
I wasn't sure if it'd be harder since they're pulling characters from so many different IPs. Character rights can be a mess sometimes, with characters being partially owned and rights changing on international releases.

Maybe it seems a bit weird considering Koei has been more forward with porting to NA, but I think that might be expected since it's targeted largely at JP audiences. I'm looking forward to playing this regardless at some point.

??? All of the IPs in this game are Koei-Tecmo IPs, dude!  :)  There won't be any problems.  There weren't any issues with the few guest characters in WO3, to my knowledge, either.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2056 on: April 03, 2017, 09:46:03 PM »
They brought all the Orochi stuff over, this is totally coming.

King Arthur Warriors incoming?
http://gematsu.com/2017/04/koei-tecmo-trademarks-seiken-musou-japan
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:26:36 AM by Trent Dole »
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2057 on: April 04, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
NOBUNYAGA >>>> NOBUNAGA

The little cat version of this dude is totally badass and way too damn good with his gun.  Really starting to enjoy the game now that performance is at least adequate (I.E. typical for musou) with boost mode off.  Also really enjoyed the stage based on Deception IV.  Rooms had traps and all that good stuff.  Fun level.  I also played on a stage taken right out of Toukiden, but there wasn't much going on in the way of monsters from that game. 
ど助平

Trent Dole

Hi

archie4208

« Reply #2059 on: April 11, 2017, 09:23:43 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2060 on: April 11, 2017, 09:30:13 AM »
8/29 for 'Murica.

The notable thing here is a PC port on Steam and no Vita version in English.  Hope the PC port is good, because that would mean no framerate issues.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2061 on: April 11, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
PC day one means I don't have to buy a PS4 for this. :hyper
8/29 for 'Murica.

The notable thing here is a PC port on Steam and no Vita version in English.  Hope the PC port is good, because that would mean no framerate issues.
That's uh, a pretty iffy thing. :yeshrug
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2062 on: April 11, 2017, 08:43:58 PM »
:confused
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2063 on: April 12, 2017, 03:50:21 AM »
(omega force pc ports tend to be not very good)
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2064 on: April 12, 2017, 07:27:16 AM »
Ah, yeah, am well aware of that fact.  Koei games in general, really.  But they've done OK recently.  Fingers crossed!
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #2065 on: April 12, 2017, 07:04:10 PM »
I get that "Warriors" has historically been the western term KOEI uses for musou games but goddamn if "Warriors All Stars" isn't the worst, most generic name for a game ever.
no

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2066 on: April 12, 2017, 07:15:02 PM »
I get that "Warriors" has historically been the western term KOEI uses for musou games but goddamn if "Warriors All Stars" isn't the worst, most generic name for a game ever.
Horizon: Zero Dawn is up there. It doesn't even evoke anything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2067 on: April 12, 2017, 10:03:44 PM »
Fate/Extella is coming to the Switch this summer.  I might end up buying it again.  :-[
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #2068 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:19 PM »
Any reason to get DQH2 on PC over PS4?  Does it look/run better?  Guessing no.  I can probably pick up DQH2 on PS4 for <$30 used JPN copy these days, so probably should get that over steam $60 version.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2069 on: April 26, 2017, 07:21:51 AM »
Any reason to get DQH2 on PC over PS4?  Does it look/run better?  Guessing no.  I can probably pick up DQH2 on PS4 for <$30 used JPN copy these days, so probably should get that over steam $60 version.

I've been looking at early Steam reviews and while the game seems to run fine for most people, it doesn't look to be any better than it is on PS4.  Doesn't look like you can even downsample it.  But that could change.

I'm still holding off buying it and waiting for the English Switch port.  Although the game doesn't run as well on Switch, it has a few extras over the PS4/PC versions and I like having portable versions of these games.
ど助平

a slime appears

• retro king
« Reply #2070 on: April 27, 2017, 09:26:39 AM »
Yep, I'm in the same boat.

I'd like to have it on PS4 because I already own DQH for PS4 but the portability of the Switch is a huge bonus for me. Wish they would hurry up and announce a release date for the Switch version.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2071 on: May 10, 2017, 12:05:52 PM »
Finally, some real DW9 info:

Dynasty Warriors 9

Famitsu has gone up with its first online preview of Dynasty Warriors 9, providing the first direct-feed screenshots of the PlayStation 4 sequel.

Dynasty Warriors 9 uses an open-world format. Players will experience Musou action in world of Three Kingdoms era China that stretches from one end of the land to the other.

The game promises further evolved stages and action. The world of Three Kingdoms era China is represented by a single, vast map. Each area has its own climate and culture, making simply visiting its various places an enjoyable experience. Warlords will fight fierce battles in this open-world.

The December 2016-announced Dynasty Warriors 9 is a PlayStation 4 title, the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals.

The first open-world game in the Dynasty Warrior series, Dynasty Warriors 9 will of course feature actions that let players toss around large armies, as well as various other actions such as shooting at enemies from a distance and invading castles with a grappling hook. The mechanisms behind attack actions are being completely changed, and new characters and various “innovations” are also being added. One of the new warlords being added is Cheng Pu, whose weapon is a dual spear.

A release date for Dynasty Warriors 9 has yet to be announced.

Thanks, Famitsu.

Update 7:25 a.m.: New information has leaked from Weekly Famitsu.

The latest entry in the Dynasty Warriors series uses an open-world format. The continent of China of the Three Kingdoms period is represented by a single, vast map.

By making the game open-world, capture methods are also powered up. Since you can roam the map freely, you can even circumvent castles and attack from high places. There is also an extreme variety of attack methods that tests the power of the player’s conception. Can you infiltrate the castle without the enemy noticing and take out your target?

Long distance attacks using bows will return. Any character can use a bow to attack.

Time and weather change in real-time. The enemy’s field of vision is poor during the night or when it’s raining, making it harder to be discovered.

Here’s an overview of the game flow: among the missions that appear all over the map, there are also “main missions.” By clearing main missions, history will greatly advance forward, but these missions have a high degree of difficulty. By clearing missions associated with main missions, you can lower the degree of difficulty.

“State Combo” is a new system that lets players react in different ways depending on the situation. The combo starts with a trigger attack, follows up with a flow of consecutive attacks that change based on the state of the enemy, and ends with a strong finish attack.

“Interactive Actions” are actions that change depending on the surrounding terrain and objects. You can use grappling hooks to climb up high mountains and walls. Or you can unleash attacks that use certain things on the spot.

Development is currently 40 percent complete.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Update 8:35 a.m.: Here are some tidbits from Weekly Famitsu’s interview with producer Akihiro Suzuki and director Jun Miyauchi.

The main flow of the game will follow the history of the Records of the Three Kingdoms, just like previous games.
    Battles aren’t broken up into stages, but various battles that correspond to the era will occur all over the land, which you will participate in.
    For example, if we’re talking about the Yellow Turban Rebellion, you can fight with the Yellow Turbans in a place where Zhang Jiao can be found. If you go to the south-east, you can hear gossip of Zhang Jiao and company. When you defeat Zhang Jiao, history will progress to the Campaign Against Dong Zhuo era, and whatever is occurring on the map at that time will change completely to match the new period.
    Stories are being planned for each warlord, but since there are no branches that change history, the overall flow is the same.
    The era and period that each warlord plays a role in are different. If you start with Zhao Yun, you can play the period in which he was active, but if you choose Wang Yuanji, you’ll play in an era set after the life of Zhao Yun.
    The ability to switch between warlords is under consideration. Since the era changes so significantly depending on the characters you switch between, we would need to explain the background of the period. We’re currently looking for a solution.
    It takes about five minutes to swim across the Yangtze River and Yellow River, since it’s a wide place. There are also ports that you can move to instantly.
    Major cities such as Luoyang are smaller than they are in reality, but since one side is about one kilometer, it is an experience of considerable scale.
    There are more than 10 cities. General-purpose cities and villages are also being prepared.
    Movement is mainly by horse. Fast travel, which will allow you to instantly travel to places you have already visited, is also being prepared.
    Urban areas will have buying and selling elements.
    The warlords’ costumes are being updated. This time, we’re cutting back on the flashiness and aiming for something that more realistically matches that period.
    There are various missions such as hunting wild animals with a bow and battles against different races with dedicated visuals.
    Development seems to still have some way to go. I don’t think it will be released at least until it’s cold out.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dynasty-warriors-9-ps4-title-adds-cheng-pu#KZdsbH3g36euWFWh.99
ど助平

Trent Dole

Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #2073 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:13 PM »
Bork, what are your thoughts on how DW9 sounds?  Seems similar to allstars, right?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2074 on: May 13, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »
Bork, what are your thoughts on how DW9 sounds?  Seems similar to allstars, right?

Cautiously-optimistic.  I'm not the biggest fan of open-world, but if they do it right...OK.  Also not thrilled by what sounds like "auto-combat", like it automatically propelling you into the air for combos and such.  But we'll see.

This is nothing like Musou All-Stars.  All-Stars is more like the current crop of games.  Pretty straight-forward and even less strategy-oriented in some ways, in fact.  If All-Stars were a DW or SW game with the regular cast, I probably wouldn't care about it or like it.  It's the cast that makes it fun.  I'm really hoping that the PC version coming out will have good framerates, because it really does still need a lot of work on PS4 and runs like shit on Vita.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2075 on: May 14, 2017, 08:48:44 PM »
Dynasty Warriors 9 will have 4K resolution / 30 frames per second and 1080p resolution / 60 frames per second modes on PlayStation 4 Pro, director Atsushi Miyauchi revealed during an interview with Gamer.com.tw.

Here are a few more details from the interview (via Google Translate – Chinese is not our strong suit):

The PlayStation 4 version of Dynasty Warriors 8 was an improved port of the PlayStation 3 base version. But for Dynasty Warriors 9, the game is being developed for and tailored to PlayStation 4.

The game engine has been completely revamped and practically tailored to Dynasty Warriors 9. Some existing resources will be also used, but improved upon.

All 83 warlords that appeared up until Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends will appear in Dynasty Warriors 9. New warlords such as Cheng Pu and Zhou Cang will also appear, but they’re not announcing the number of new warlords being added. That number, however, does include new female characters. (Update: There will be over 90 playable characters, according to a separate interview.)

There are no plans to include online multiplayer elements. (Update: They’re unable to implement local co-op as well.) This includes asynchronous online elements such as those featured in Nioh and Toukiden.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/05/dynasty-warriors-9-4k-30-fps-1080p-60fps-modes-ps4-pro#B2E728lDybP1r19T.99

:jawalrus
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2076 on: May 30, 2017, 07:40:27 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2077 on: May 30, 2017, 12:26:12 PM »
 :gladbron
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2078 on: May 30, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/fire-emblem-warriors-adds-twin-original-protagonists-marth-chrom

The characters that appear are generally from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as Fire Emblem Fates. This won’t be a gathering of the protagonists from across the series.

No Ike, Hector or Epharim.  :fbm

I guess that's what the season pass is for, though.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2080 on: June 01, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »
Nice, I expect this to be good in case DW9 ends up flopping.
ど助平

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2081 on: June 03, 2017, 05:22:50 PM »
This might actually sell me on a Switch if it's good
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2082 on: June 22, 2017, 07:23:31 AM »
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2083 on: August 14, 2017, 07:59:15 AM »
SOON, y'all. :hyper

Haven't been exited for an impending release of well, any game prior to this one for a while now. Cuphead is the next hype thing after this I think.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2084 on: August 14, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »
Guess you missed my impressions on the import-- the game is brought down by performance issues and is kind of "shallow" even for a musou.

Am really hoping that the PC version turns out well and runs at a good, steady framerate.
ど助平

archie4208

« Reply #2085 on: August 14, 2017, 04:33:53 PM »

Trent Dole

« Reply #2086 on: August 14, 2017, 05:02:35 PM »
Guess you missed my impressions on the import-- the game is brought down by performance issues and is kind of "shallow" even for a musou.

Am really hoping that the PC version turns out well and runs at a good, steady framerate.
Aw it kinds sucks huh. But I haven't rocked a mainlineish musou in a minute now. :-[
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2087 on: August 15, 2017, 10:12:01 AM »
The last really good musou they released was Dragon Quest Heroes II.  I'd get that if you don't have it.  If you want something more traditional, Samurai Warriors 4-II or Empires or One Piece Pirate Warriors 3.  I don't know about that SW Sanada game.  It looks OK I guess?  And Marvelous' Fate/EXTELLA is good if you want a musou with a heavy visual novel-style story focus and waifu~.

All-Stars has flashes of brilliance (some of the characters are just super-fun to play as) and I'd be fine with the dumbed-down play mechanics (I.E. it being less strategy oriented and more beat-em-up like in some ways) if it didn't have performance issues.  It is almost unplayable on Vita at times (which isn't being localized) and playable on PS4, but with framerate issues up the wazoo.  PS4 Pro actually makes it worse with Pro mode on.

So I'm hoping that it's good on PC and/or maybe that they actually fix the localized PS4 version.  I just kind of doubt it.  Koei did a really good job of making me a lot less of a fan over the past year or so.  I'm not really feeling the open-world DW9 stuff right now, TBH.

But hey, Fire Emblem should be good.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2088 on: August 15, 2017, 10:19:13 AM »
IMO the best musous of the last few years are:

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate
SW4/II/Empires
Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Dragon Quest Heroes II
Hyrule Warriors
Sengoku Basara 4/Sumeragi (Capcom's Japanese-only musou-like.  If you get this...make sure it's Sumeragi on PS4 and NOT the Sanada Yukimura game, which feels like an expansion pack)

I wouldn't get anything else apart from Fate.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2089 on: August 15, 2017, 03:51:33 PM »
I have 4-II but ain't really delved into the licensed games much, oh and Estival Versus which I've barely delved into. I remember the one Basara that got localized on the Wii/PS3, that shit was amazing and it's a goddamn shame it sold too poorly for them to bring any other entries over.
Hi

Himu

« Reply #2090 on: August 15, 2017, 04:30:41 PM »
Any new updates on dw9?
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2091 on: August 15, 2017, 05:28:58 PM »
Most recent Gematsu post on it was the 10th and that's more recent than any discussion of the game in detail here.
http://gematsu.com/2017/08/dynasty-warriors-9-details-xun-xiahou-yuan-xiaoqiao-daqiao-zhang-fei-zhuge-liang-lu-lingqi-story
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 05:08:06 AM by Trent Dole »
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2092 on: August 15, 2017, 08:36:32 PM »
I have 4-II but ain't really delved into the licensed games much, oh and Estival Versus which I've barely delved into. I remember the one Basara that got localized on the Wii/PS3, that shit was amazing and it's a goddamn shame it sold too poorly for them to bring any other entries over.

I don't count Senran Kagura as a musou.  It's a straight beat-em-up.  Estival Versus is good stuff...check out Valkyrie Drive too on PC.  It's better than the Vita version with a rock solid framerate and the game play is deeper than SK.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2093 on: August 25, 2017, 11:22:52 PM »
DW8: Empires, Samurai Warriors: Spirit of Sanada, And Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Headed To Switch
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/25/dw8-empires-samurai-warriors-spirit-sanada-warriors-orochi-3-ultimate-headed-switch/
November 9th in Japan. Maybe they'll dump them over to the states too. Only thing I've sort of played out of the three is standard WO3.
Hi

Himu

« Reply #2094 on: August 25, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
Wtf is spirit of sanada

Put WO3 da GOAT on Steam and ps4.

Wait WO3U is on ps4?!?!?!

Omg
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2095 on: August 26, 2017, 04:59:02 AM »
Spirit of Sanada is an almost all Yukimura all the time game that goes through his entire life featuring multiple models of him as he ages or whatever. I didn't play it cause I think he's Zzz. Seconding whatever the Ult/final ver of WO3 is on steam, there was enough content added after the initial release I own that there's practically an entire second game in there.
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2096 on: August 26, 2017, 06:46:34 AM »
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is the best Musou game out there.  Buy it, dorks.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2098 on: August 28, 2017, 10:47:39 PM »
Warriors All-Stars is out in the U.S. tomorrow.  Am waiting for the PC version to see if it has a good framerate and is a decent port.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: Warriors All-Stars Actually GOOD on PC! :O
« Reply #2099 on: August 29, 2017, 10:52:08 PM »
Warriors All-Stars actually runs GREAT on PC and is staying at a smooth 60 FPS on my setup.  :o  Amazing.  Koei actually did a good PC port for once.

Avoid the console version; get this one!
ど助平