Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 368416 times)

Bebpo

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #1140 on: November 25, 2013, 03:17:30 PM »
Yeah, if you've never played any before it could be the best one.  Then again I really liked the cell-shaded look of GM3 and the speedy smaller battlefields so I doubt this will top GM3 for me.  But if you've played them all it doesn't really seem worth an upgrade.  Hell they're not even calling it GM4 because it's such an incremental advancement. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1141 on: November 25, 2013, 03:18:40 PM »
Yeah, if you've never played any before it could be the best one.  Then again I really liked the cell-shaded look of GM3 and the speedy smaller battlefields so I doubt this will top GM3 for me.  But if you've played them all it doesn't really seem worth an upgrade.  Hell they're not even calling it GM4 because it's such an incremental advancement.

Are you going to apply this Infamous Second Son and not bother with that either? 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1142 on: November 25, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
Where is a Sengoku Musou 4 trailerrrrrrrrrrr? :(

<-- been waiting for months
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1143 on: November 25, 2013, 03:22:27 PM »
They got two musous out before that.  Patience!
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #1144 on: November 25, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »

Are you going to apply this Infamous Second Son and not bother with that either?

That doesn't even make any sense Lyte.  The reason they are not calling this GM4 is that it has no new Gundam franchises or stories.  It's the same as the last game but with some new B-tier units from existing series.  It's the equivalent to a Musou expansion pack (which they do all the time for DW and SW games) that they're selling for full price.

Infamous is an entirely new game in a new city, with a new character and new powers and new graphics engine and new missions and new moves and new physics and wait, why am I even replying to this post.  I know you love musou Lyte and you feel like you gotta defend each and every one of them, but you just said you've never even played a Gundam Musou game, so obviously you don't really care about the franchise and you're not knowledgeable about the franchise, so why are you defending this one again?  Just because it's the one you're going to buy and you want to justify your purchase?  I already said it's probably going to be the best one in the series if you haven't played any before, which is you but not most of us who've played 3 games in the franchise already and are figuring out if this is worth getting on top of that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1145 on: November 26, 2013, 11:15:24 AM »
Sure it makes "sense."  I'm just going by what you posted!

Infamous looks like Infamous with better graphics, more powers, more destruction.  If you liked Infamous 2 (like a lot of people did), this will be fun.  If you are an Infamous hater, you will hate this.

Game will score mainly 8s like Infamous 1 & 2 did.  It's the same damn game.  Not expecting it to change anyone's minds.

That Gundam game has new characters, powers, maps, and all that crap, and is more of the same too.  I'm not defending anything- I'm just pointing out what you said.   ;)
ど助平

« Reply #1146 on: November 26, 2013, 11:55:09 AM »
I don't even care if it's incremental. It's Gundam. I'm buying it.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also have SRW OG Infinite Battle LE preordered
[close]
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1147 on: November 26, 2013, 11:56:21 AM »
I don't even care if it's incremental. It's Gundam. I'm buying it.

I think "incremental" and "musou" go hand in hand.  These games are like sports titles.

This Gundam looks pretty cool to me.   The Gundam Breaker demo I tried was  :yuck.
ど助平

« Reply #1148 on: November 26, 2013, 12:03:33 PM »
Gundam Breaker ruled.  :maf
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1149 on: November 26, 2013, 07:39:36 PM »
Ordered DW8+XL for Vita.  Sigh.  I'm hopeless. 

Apparently the PS4 version is coming out in December- in Asia.

Gundam Breaker ruled.  :maf

Loved the concept- build a Gundam and fight dudes on a pool table!?  Sounds awesome!

But then I tried the demo and it sucked.  It played like a bad musou game where you fight 4-5 enemies at a time.  Zzzzzz.

That said, I can see the appeal for Gundam fans.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1150 on: December 03, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »
DW8+XL came in today.  Only had time to mess around and play a few levels.  Lu Bu's daughter is pretty fun to play as.  That crazy cross weapon is back!  Gonna try the new Lu Bu storyline route but then focus mainly on the new XL stuff in this port I think.  Although you have to go through the story modes to unlock levels, I like that all of the characters are available right off the bat to use in the other modes.  Speaking of which, Challenge Mode has been added.

The Vita version looks a bit better than some of the other Koei ports.  Definitely better than Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, for example, but unfortunately it suffers from some pretty bad framerate drops.  The console version has this problem too, but it's noticeably worse on Vita.  Still completely playable (it's a musou game- nothing particularly precise is needed here), but the other Koei Vita musou games perform better in comparison.  Maybe a patch will fix things up.  For now I'd definitely recommend getting this on PS3 or PS4 instead.

Some pics of the Vita port.  As always, Vita captures look shittier than the real thing.

For comparison, here's WO3U:

And One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2:

One Piece is Koei's best port to the Vita, IMO.  It may be more simplistic visually, but it looks the best.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1151 on: December 03, 2013, 11:33:01 PM »
ど助平

« Reply #1152 on: December 04, 2013, 09:47:12 AM »
Has there been any word on DW8XL coming to the US yet on ps3 or vita?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1153 on: December 04, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »

Nothing yet.  They only just recently announced that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate would be coming out in Summer 2014.  Pretty much why I'm back to importing these games again.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1155 on: December 06, 2013, 11:29:04 AM »

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1156 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:04 PM »
FINALLY
IYKYK

« Reply #1157 on: December 06, 2013, 12:31:31 PM »

Nothing yet.  They only just recently announced that Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate would be coming out in Summer 2014.  Pretty much why I'm back to importing these games again.

What platforms and formats?

Himu

« Reply #1158 on: December 06, 2013, 12:33:05 PM »
Oh my god first musou I import. I will know 2000 kanji before this game comes out and it will be my victory lap. :rejoice

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1159 on: December 06, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »
The part where my Oda PARRIES with that sword. :rejoice

Also Ranmaru's new model is so pretty. :heart hopefully he is faster in this one.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 12:43:09 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

« Reply #1160 on: December 06, 2013, 01:39:25 PM »
Two weeks until Shin Gundam Musou. :rock
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1161 on: December 06, 2013, 01:49:50 PM »
Man, I gotta work on my Kanji.  I focused on the language when I studied and as a result suck at Kanji reading.  Easy enough to look stuff up, though.

What platforms and formats?

You know what?  It's not 100% official yet.  Fuckin' gaffots.  No platforms mentioned.

https://twitter.com/koinuma_p/status/399756363888218114

Clearly very likely, however.  Plus Tecmo is releasing the WO3 Ultimate outfits for Kasumi, Ayane, and Momiji in for USA/Euro DOA5 Ultimate next week.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1162 on: December 06, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1163 on: December 10, 2013, 04:58:00 PM »
One piece 2 on sale for plus members for $12.50  :phil
no

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1164 on: December 10, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »
One piece 2 on sale for plus members for $12.50  :phil

been kinda looking at a musou....this one good? I have no attachment to the anime or anything, but also don't really want to spend more than 20 buxxx.

Himu

« Reply #1165 on: December 10, 2013, 07:40:03 PM »
It fucking owns. Story is fanfic bullshit, but as someone who hasn't read the comic or watched the animu this won't bother you. Gameplay rocks.
IYKYK

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1166 on: December 10, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
Sweet. Thanks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1167 on: December 10, 2013, 10:34:51 PM »
Yeah, you don't need to know anything about One Piece; it's just a good musou game.
ど助平

« Reply #1168 on: December 11, 2013, 10:44:20 AM »
Two weeks until Shin Gundam Musou. :rock

:drool

One week until Shin Gundam Musou :rock

Except I'll be in Nebraska when it arrives and won't get back home to Seattle until the 28th.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1169 on: December 11, 2013, 12:10:42 PM »
They are still revealing more Gundams for that game.  The character count is gonna be totally insane.
ど助平

« Reply #1170 on: December 11, 2013, 12:21:55 PM »
They are still revealing more Gundams for that game.  The character count is gonna be totally insane.

Sounds like there will be a ton of DLC, too.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1171 on: December 11, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »
I'll probably avoid that.  One good thing about playing these games on my American account means that I can't buy the content for the Vita versions.  That's good for me since it stops me from wasting money on dumb extra crap.   :P  The amount of DLC that some of these games have is absolutely massive in size.  Extra costumes, wallpapers, edit missions, etc. 
ど助平

hampster

« Reply #1172 on: December 18, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »

Well that was unexpected :o
Zzz

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1173 on: December 18, 2013, 09:22:00 AM »
aren't you guys happy that it will now be you three guys and all of the nintendo fans that have suddenly become huge musou fans?

you know the thing i don't get is that musou game have huge cast and there aren't enough relevant character in zelda game to make for a standard 8 character fighting game let alone a musou cast! what the heck are they going to put? play as malon? the guy with the trombone that plays the song of storm? a chicken? play as navi and annoy everyone to submission? the number of relevant zelda character is so low that they had to put toon link in smash bros just to add more zelda characters
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:54:58 AM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1174 on: December 18, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »

Well that was unexpected :o

:dead

I don't see anything stating that this is being made by Omega Force, though. 

Looks pretty cool but I'd need to see more.  And what characters will be playable?  It's Zelda- you got Link, Zelda (maybe Shiek), Gannon, and uh...uh...generic guard guy?  Moblin?   :lol
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:14:39 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1175 on: December 18, 2013, 11:59:48 AM »
NAME NOT FINAL
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1176 on: December 18, 2013, 12:15:22 PM »
HIMU I SAW YOU PLAYING DW8 LAST NIGHT

I SEEN IT
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1177 on: December 18, 2013, 12:48:01 PM »
I enjoy it more afrer taking pancakes tips. I don't ever fight officers with a strong weapon. I hate Storm Rush. It ruins the game for me. So I don't use those weapons. It is a lot more fun this way. Storm Rush sucks PATCH IT TO MAKE IT OPTIONAL, FUCK.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1178 on: December 18, 2013, 01:38:23 PM »
Shin Gundam Musou will be here tomorrow :hyper

I really think this was "the year of the musou" for me.  Was never this much into these Koei games -past Warriors Orochis aside- before 2013.  Although I did play a lot of the first Hokuto Musou.  I hope Shin Gundam Musou is good and is not like the disappointment that the second Hokuto Musou, released around this time last year, was.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:39:58 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #1179 on: December 18, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
aren't you guys happy that it will now be you three guys and all of the nintendo fans that have suddenly become huge musou fans? (Image removed from quote.)

you know the thing i don't get is that musou game have huge cast and there aren't enough relevant character in zelda game to make for a standard 8 character fighting game let alone a musou cast! what the heck are they going to put? play as malon? the guy with the trombone that plays the song of storm? a chicken? play as navi and annoy everyone to submission? the number of relevant zelda character is so low that they had to put toon link in smash bros just to add more zelda characters

Real talk.  If you can play as a chicken, I will buy a wii U.

Unrelated, I played One Piece warriors 2 since it was 13 bucks on psn.  I love it, it's really vibrant and energetic, and the movesets are interesting.  I wish the framerate was a little more stable on the DW8 engine, but I'll take it.  Seems much more true to the formula than Fist was, but it's not as open from the get go as gundam.  If you haven't picked it up yet, do it.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:47:41 PM by pancakesandsex »

« Reply #1180 on: December 18, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
My copy of Shin Gundam Musou should be here Monday, but I'll out of town until the 28th. Oh well.
野球

Takao

« Reply #1181 on: December 18, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
I think I might buy the new Gundam Muso but I'll wait a while to see if it gets localized.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1182 on: December 18, 2013, 07:18:19 PM »
Fire Emblem would have made way more sense as a musou game.  Hell, Link could have been thrown in as a bonus character.

But I'm still interested in seeing how the game turns out. 
ど助平

cool breeze

« Reply #1183 on: December 18, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »
yeah, I'm interested in it.  I like Zelda and Musou games.

I think they should've gone full on Nintendo Musou.  Link fighting goombas, Mario fighting Ridley, etc.  but Nintendo is oddly stingy about mixing franchises past Smash Bros.

Himu

« Reply #1184 on: December 18, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
Nintendo Musou makes more sense to me.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1185 on: December 18, 2013, 10:13:21 PM »
They seriously just need to f-ing make Berserk musou already.  It's the most obvious one since it has a great large playable cast with varied moves and is all about slicing through armies of 1000 and "best of" story modes for the arcs would be pretty neat.  The PS2 Berserk game was great and musou Berserk would be the best fit.  Hell they did FoTNS and Berserk is like the spiritual sequel.

Otherwise, yeah Fire Emblem is Nintendo's best fit.  I could see a Shin Megami Tensei one where you're using swords and guns and your combo finishers are summoning demons to attack mobs. 

Realistically?  I think now that they've caught up with Gundam and One Piece and FoTNS, the next franchise musous will be Kenshin, Attack on Titan, and Berserk?.  If they want to keep using popular manga series, the problem is some of them are already tied up with other developers.  Like Naruto already has musou-rip offs and yearly games from CC2, so I can't see Koei getting the license for a Naruto musou.  Bleach isn't popular anymore, plus it has games from Sony, or at least had them while it was popular.  Jojo's is with CC2 now.  FMA is with Square-Enix because the manga is owned by their manga publishing department.  I bet CC2 & Koei-Tecmo are in a bidding war for acquiring popular manga licenses to turn into games these days.  Then you have Bandai stuff which Namco does themself and won't let anyone else touch at all because they're stingy fucking Scamco.  I'd see Koei-Tecmo's picks are a bit limited...which means maybe Berserk is actually more likely than not to really happen! 

Himu

« Reply #1186 on: December 18, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »
Kenshin Musou would make me cream.
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #1187 on: December 18, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
With the new movies (live action & animated), it's popular enough that I can see it at some point.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1188 on: December 18, 2013, 10:32:10 PM »
I would rather see a J-Stars style game with tons of Jump characters teaming up to beat the shit out of all their series baddies.  Basically Warriors Orochi with anime and manga characters.

ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1189 on: December 18, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »
I wonder if link will be mute as usual? Musou games also have lots of chatter and talky talk so i dunno how a silent protaginist will work.
no

Himu

« Reply #1190 on: December 19, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »
lyte play dw8 coop with me
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1191 on: December 19, 2013, 06:33:44 AM »
I wonder if link will be mute as usual? Musou games also have lots of chatter and talky talk so i dunno how a silent protaginist will work.

"link the castle is under siege! save us!"

<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1192 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »
Wow, Koei already announced DW8 XL for North America/Europe- Spring 2014 (likely April) release on PS3, PS4, and Vita.  No info on whether or not North America gets this retail or if it's gonna be download only yet.  If they can't go for closer releases, I'm still going to import DW8+XL on PS4 in February, especially with the Vita version to sync data with.  Plus Sengoku Musou 4 will be out before then.

Himu- sure, never tried online co-op before although I read it was broken.  Hit me up if you see me online.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 09:01:33 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

« Reply #1193 on: December 19, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »
Kenshin Musou would make me cream.

You know, I'm not really a fan of Kenshin.  Even in it's heyday it never clicked with me. However, I would totally play a musou version.  The characters are weird enough that this could be really fun.  "Rurouni Kenshin: Bakumatsu Musou".  I'd better be able to set folks on fire with burn mummy though.

MoxManiac

« Reply #1194 on: December 19, 2013, 11:06:21 AM »
Wow, Koei already announced DW8 XL for North America/Europe- Spring 2014 (likely April) release on PS3, PS4, and Vita.  No info on whether or not North America gets this retail or if it's gonna be download only yet.  If they can't go for closer releases, I'm still going to import DW8+XL on PS4 in February, especially with the Vita version to sync data with.  Plus Sengoku Musou 4 will be out before then.

Himu- sure, never tried online co-op before although I read it was broken.  Hit me up if you see me online.

:dead :dead

I knew i just needed to be patient!
no

« Reply #1195 on: December 19, 2013, 11:48:22 AM »
Just do a Shonen Jump Musou.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1196 on: December 19, 2013, 12:22:15 PM »
Too many licenses, some held by other companies like Naruto & Bleach.

Also decreases the licenses they can use for seperate musou series over the years.  A lot of these manga have enough characters for 2-3 musou games as is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 12:23:46 PM by Bebpo »

« Reply #1197 on: December 19, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
Too many licenses, some held by other companies like Naruto & Bleach.

Also decreases the licenses they can use for seperate musou series over the years.  A lot of these manga have enough characters for 2-3 musou games as is.

Bandai managed to get them all in for the upcoming Jump fighting game, so it doesn't seem like it would be a problem. I personally don't have an interest in the game myself, just figured it would probably do well.
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #1198 on: December 19, 2013, 01:15:42 PM »
I dunno, I think any license from Koei would have to license from Jump & Bandai because bandai holds so many licenses.  Not sure it'd be worth it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1199 on: December 19, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
The Chinese version of Dynasty Warriors 8+XL is out for PS4.  Being streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/lizardman19
ど助平