Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 371912 times)

Bebpo

Re: Warriors/Basara Thread: One Piece Kaizoku Musou 3, Dragon Quest Heroes!
« Reply #1200 on: December 19, 2013, 01:24:49 PM »
Looks clean, looks PS3, can't tell framerate from stream.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1202 on: December 19, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »
Looks clean, looks PS3, can't tell framerate from stream.

I see little extra effects and stuff like footprints being left in the snow, but yeah it's what one would expect from a Koei port up.  Reminds me of the PS2-to-360 ports they used to do.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1203 on: December 19, 2013, 04:41:20 PM »
Gundam finally came in.  Fedex late as fuck WHAT THE HELL.

Anyway, just had enough time to load it up and confirm that there's no major framerate issues on Vita.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1204 on: December 19, 2013, 07:17:39 PM »
Is it 60fps on PS4?
no

Himu

« Reply #1205 on: December 19, 2013, 07:33:40 PM »
Haha. Told you, Mox. Why'd you sweat? :heh
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1206 on: December 19, 2013, 07:46:07 PM »
never saw this opening for dw8xl but holy shit

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1207 on: December 19, 2013, 11:57:50 PM »
Very impressed with Shin Gundam Musou's performance on Vita.  The framerate is very stable and shits all over the DW8 port.  No compressed sound quality issues either.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 12:01:55 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1208 on: December 20, 2013, 12:18:52 AM »
Also, this game has a partner system.  When you go into hyper mode, your character will do his/her musou, and then your partner will appear in his/her mobile suit to wreak more havoc.  You have control over the partner character during this time.  Was surprised to see that there's no limit to size on this- you can even have a giant spaceship come down and reign down all over the place!   :lol

Did any of the previous Gundam Musous use this system?  It's similar to One Piece Pirate Warriors 2.
ど助平

« Reply #1209 on: December 20, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »
Also, this game has a partner system.  When you go into hyper mode, your character will do his/her musou, and then your partner will appear in his/her mobile suit to wreak more havoc.  You have control over the partner character during this time.  Was surprised to see that there's no limit to size on this- you can even have a giant spaceship come down and reign down all over the place!   :lol

Did any of the previous Gundam Musous use this system?  It's similar to One Piece Pirate Warriors 2.

They did not, that's lifted from one piece.

Bebpo

« Reply #1210 on: December 20, 2013, 12:56:07 AM »
Yeah, they had partner system like your buddies are running around the map with you and you can do powered up musous in conjunction with them, but that sounds like One Piece Musou 2 system for sure.  Which is cool, I like that system.

Glad to hear it runs well on Vita.  Could be fun to have a portable musou. Graphically it looks like it took a big downgrade from the console version.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1211 on: December 20, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
Yeah, they had partner system like your buddies are running around the map with you and you can do powered up musous in conjunction with them, but that sounds like One Piece Musou 2 system for sure.  Which is cool, I like that system.

Glad to hear it runs well on Vita.  Could be fun to have a portable musou. Graphically it looks like it took a big downgrade from the console version.

PS3 shot below.  Looks like the backgrounds took the biggest hit, unless I just haven't gotten to a stage like this yet. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1212 on: December 20, 2013, 11:12:20 AM »

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1213 on: December 20, 2013, 01:42:15 PM »
Some good Gundam impressions from GameFAQs:

Since my copy arrived earlier than I expected (I was tempted to give the FedEx guy a tip because he had a huge smile on his face when he knocked on my door--one of the perks of living near FedEX world headquarters), I thought I'd share an initial impression/review of about an hour of gameplay.

For those on the fence about importing, consider this a WAY more polished DW Gundam 3. KT definitely took their time with this, and it shows with the suit models, story modes, and how battles play out.

Each pilot has unlockable skills as they level up, but now the skills can be leveled up too (three levels) with the in-game currency (there's two types: pilot points and team points). Combat's been refined to make the suits more responsive and effective against large mobs starting out, so you won't feel pressured by beam/rocket spam. EDIT--You no longer level up your mobile suit like in DW Gundam 3, but attach better parts to it, and the materials you have determine the parts you can equip.

Official Mode is impressive! I'm currently playing the Unicorn story (since it's my fave series) and it's almost like it was taken exactly from the movies with the exact same scenes, but with narration that bridges over most of each of the episodes. Expect to spend about 2-5 hours clearing each series, depending on whether you rush through it or take your time.

Customization--is VERY simple. As you fight, you'll get plans from defeated suits. The options are easy to understand, as each part you get SHOWS you what changes from your base suit and EXPLAINS in English the attributes that change as well. Better parts require more materials that you gain from beating levels, so expect to grind for the best stuff. Each suit has a list of it's weapons (in Japanese), and so far I'm not sure if you can switch out weapons with others (i.e. Beam Rifle with Beam Magnum).

Gameplay/Combat: Like DW Gundam 3, you can have a partner assist you in battle, but now they help you through combined musou attacks instead of various perks like giving you funnels or having the Satellite Cannon blast enemies near you. I'm hoping the favorite partner feature isn't like the previous games where you have to worry about being liked or disliked by other characters you meet (you can have up to five favorite partners and one dedicated partner for battle).

Music: Notable theme remixes from flagship series such as "Within the Flash (Zeta)", "Unicorn, Mobile Suit, Mad-Nug, Banshee (Unicorn), "Char's Theme (forgot the name--MSG) along with brand new tunes for this game work really well in the interludes. The custom BGM feature is fairly straight forward, as you can use your own music that's on your PS3 that you set up from the options menu.

Characters/Mobile Suits: I'm already surprised at the Mobile Suit Variation include (in the gallery, you can see the unlocked characters, suits, music, and famous scenes from each series), even if it's only one person (I haven't downloaded Bearguy yet).

***For the Gundam Wing fans--There's seven characters that are in-game (not sure if just playable or operator only--(i.e. Relina), so counting the Operation Meteor pilots, that's all of them along with Zechs/Milliardo and Treiz.

Thankfully, there's quite a few characters for ZZ Gundam (9), only two for Victory, five for Turn A, two for X, and that's all I can remember at the moment.

Anyhow, overall, this is definitely the best DW Gundam game in a LONG time and runner-up for best of the year (between this and Gundam Breaker).

EDIT--The card feature is new. I have no idea what it's for, but I'm guessing that they can be equipped to boost various stats or give you bonuses as you play.

I'll add more stuff as I uncover it, but feel free to ask questions if you're curious!
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1214 on: December 20, 2013, 09:36:11 PM »
Holy shit. Battle Of Tong Gate in DW8.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1215 on: December 21, 2013, 10:27:45 AM »
DW8 :obama

Later stages are so fucking baller. I have no clue what they were thinking with those earlier stages. Were straight DOG SHIT.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1216 on: December 21, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
Wait until you get to the later stages with starred actions to complete...some of them make shit just get INSANE.   :D

Gundam- still going with Amuro and the old RX-78, or as I like to think of it, Optimus Prime beating the shit out of multiple Shockwaves.   :P  Love the launcher/air-combo system that he has and hope everyone gets something similar as they level up.  I'm not much of a Gundam fan, but this game is just awesome.  Love how polished the game play/performance is, especially after DW8's framerate fluctuation issues.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 11:50:46 AM by bork laser »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1217 on: December 22, 2013, 12:07:22 PM »
Cleared the original Gundam scenario.  There was a bonus side-stage where you play a previous level as Zabi in his massive mobile suit.  Was kind of boring since all it can do is kick and shoot a laser.   :P

Just noticed that the Omega Force logo is nowhere to be found in this game.  Holy shit...did a "B Team" do a better job of getting one of these games running on Vita than they have?!   :o
ど助平

mjemirzian

« Reply #1218 on: December 22, 2013, 01:55:23 PM »
DW8 PS4/Vita is confirmed for NA and Europe.

Anyone know how it runs on PS4?

« Reply #1219 on: December 23, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »

Later stages are so fucking baller. I have no clue what they were thinking with those earlier stages. Were straight DOG SHIT.

I think the problem is that every time you play story mode, it's essentially designed as if it were your first DW.  I think they need to scale back the tutorial-ness though.  One stage per kingdom is more than enough.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1221 on: December 23, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »

I think the problem is that every time you play story mode, it's essentially designed as if it were your first DW.  I think they need to scale back the tutorial-ness though.  One stage per kingdom is more than enough.

There's no need for this anyway- DW8 has a tutorial mode already!  :dead
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1223 on: December 26, 2013, 08:41:24 PM »
So glad we still have musou strings. Fuck the haters. Some of Oda's moves have been nerfed but damn does he look sexy to play as.
IYKYK

Himu

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1225 on: January 14, 2014, 12:30:09 PM »
Money-Hat Magazine has 'reviewed' Sengoku Basara 4: 9/9/9/8 [35/40].

The game comes out next week!  Who's getting it? HIMUS IS U WIT' ME?
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1226 on: January 14, 2014, 12:33:47 PM »
Naw I'm still waiting for FFX HD from play Asia. Shit is ridic. I'll import Basara 4 by year end tho. Looks amazing. :drool
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: January 14, 2014, 12:46:09 PM »
Naw I'm still waiting for FFX HD from play Asia. Shit is ridic. I'll import Basara 4 by year end tho. Looks amazing. :drool

Why would you order FFX HD, which is coming out here in March, over a game that has little chance of coming here?   ???

ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1228 on: January 14, 2014, 01:04:35 PM »
To practice Japanese on it. I've played FFX about three times and X-2 three times. I know the story and I know the dialogue. This makes easier to understand. Versus Basara 4 which is uncharted land are far more challenging.  Plus, I was going to get FFX HD anyways and doing this breathes new life into the game. I don't want to play FFX the same way the fourth time. This time it'll be different.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:11:36 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1229 on: January 14, 2014, 04:04:14 PM »

Seriously, I think Basara would be waaaaaay easier to practice on than a huge RPG.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1230 on: January 14, 2014, 06:53:47 PM »
What about the kanji? Game that take place in that era tend to be kanji oriented and I'm still not there yet.
IYKYK

« Reply #1231 on: January 14, 2014, 06:59:16 PM »
Both are gonna be kanji heavy, but Basara is way less text heavy in comparison.
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1232 on: January 14, 2014, 10:44:12 PM »
Basara is going to be way easier to do some translation stuff with than FFX will be.  Are you really going to spend hours and hours translating video game text on-screen?  That would drive me insane.  Would be way easier to do with comics or something.  But then I think we've had this discussion before, haven't we?  I'm not up on what you're trying to do here- have you been learning the spoken language or just memorizing kanji?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1233 on: January 15, 2014, 04:18:04 PM »
Hype has gotten to me- ordered the Sengoku Basara HD Collection from Amazon.  It's pretty awesome being able to buy an import game without any real markups like that.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1234 on: January 15, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
Fuck it. I ordered FFX HD almost three weeks ago. It still hasn't shipped.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:17:05 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1235 on: January 15, 2014, 06:15:22 PM »
The problem Lyte, is that you assume I am a Basara fan. I'm not. I've only played 3 and think it is pretty good. But I'm not really attached though 4 looks great. I will be spending 80 dollars on risk. I do not like playing with risk. I have played FFX and X-2 and am familiar with FF item names, weapon names;etc. On the other hand, I am not a Basara fan. You should be convincing me to buy Basara 4 for 80 dollars and not saving it for Sengoku Musou 4.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:26:44 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1236 on: January 15, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
Watching a 24 minute Basara 4 vid. The claim that Basara has less kanji is bullshit. Especially since FFX/X-2 have a shit load (ie. MOST) of items in katakana. FFX menus are in full katakana. Basara 4 menus, I see kanjikanjikanjikanji.

lol Fuck this. Basara is at least high school/college level especially since it's a period game with crazier kanji. FF is for middle schoolers.

FF it is.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 06:44:48 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1237 on: January 15, 2014, 07:25:56 PM »
The problem Lyte, is that you assume I am a Basara fan. I'm not. I've only played 3 and think it is pretty good. But I'm not really attached though 4 looks great. I will be spending 80 dollars on risk. I do not like playing with risk.

THIS IS FOR THE GREATER MUSOU GOOD I THOUGHT YOU UNDERSTOOD THIS VISION   :gun :punch :punch

I have played FFX and X-2 and am familiar with FF item names, weapon names;etc.

Right- so what's the point in importing the game then?  You're "cheating" by being familiar with the content and I'd be surprised if you actually commit to trying to translate the game story as you go along.  You still haven't answered my question, either- have you been studying the actual language or just memorizing kanji/kana?

On the other hand, I am not a Basara fan. You should be convincing me to buy Basara 4 for 80 dollars and not saving it for Sengoku Musou 4.

Nah, I can't do that until I play it for myself and see how I like it after the year of [Koei] musou that was 2013.  At work there's a dude who loves musou games but never imports them- he told me already pre-ordered SB4, because it's just (sadly that obvious that this game has little chance of coming out here.  Out of all these games (FF, Basara, Sengoku), this is easily the one to import for that very reason.

Watching a 24 minute Basara 4 vid. The claim that Basara has less kanji is bullshit. Especially since FFX/X-2 have a shit load (ie. MOST) of items in katakana. FFX menus are in full katakana. Basara 4 menus, I see kanjikanjikanjikanji.

lol Fuck this. Basara is at least high school/college level especially since it's a period game with crazier kanji. FF is for middle schoolers.

FF it is.

Dude.  Think about how much shorter Basara is going to be than freaking FINAL FANTASY.  There's way less to translate here.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:28:39 PM by bork laser »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1238 on: January 15, 2014, 07:36:41 PM »
Good. More vocab. I won't be learning shit while I play Basara. Action is too quick, dialogue pops up too fast. When I look up words, don't want to have to deal with this.

How is it cheating by doing something you're familiar with? :what I'm familiar with DQ1. I've beaten it multiple times. 冒 was one of the first vocab and kanji I learned. When I started DQ1, I was greeted with ぼうけんのしょをつくる。 I knew that 冒 (bouken) meant risk, but I didn't know that it also meant adventure. A quick question thrown to Oscar and a tour through my mobile dictionary solved that pretty quickly. It was the first vocab word I learned from a Japanese video game, in a game I've beaten multiple times. With 'adventure' out of the way, I could quickly solve that combined with tsukuru - which is to create - it mean Create New Adventure, something I'm very familiar with in the English versions of DQ. Nay, sources you're familiar with are the best language learning sources.

And since I'm familiar with Musou and RGG, I'm importing that Sengoku Musou 4 and Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin. I'll get Basara 4 when it hits The Best and I have a better handle on the language.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:58:24 PM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1239 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:41 AM »
Good. More vocab. I won't be learning shit while I play Basara. Action is too quick, dialogue pops up too fast. When I look up words, don't want to have to deal with this.

Er...of course.  You would be looking them up on menus and between levels.  Are you really going to sit there with a what....40+ hour RPG like FFX and constantly look stuff up?  Can you even pause the dialogue when the characters are speaking?  It's been so long since I played that game that I don't remember.

How is it cheating by doing something you're familiar with? :what

"Cheating" because you're already familiar with so much of it.  But that's just me.  I still don't get why you aren't practicing by translating manga or something, but whatever.  Back to musou.

And since I'm familiar with Musou and RGG, I'm importing that Sengoku Musou 4 and Ryu Ga Gotoku: Ishin. I'll get Basara 4 when it hits The Best and I have a better handle on the language.

You totally don't need any kind of handle on Japanese to play Sengoku Basara games.  You just aren't hyped for it.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1240 on: January 16, 2014, 10:09:26 AM »
Himu y u no put yr guns on :japancry
Hi

« Reply #1241 on: January 16, 2014, 10:11:44 AM »
I still don't get why you aren't practicing by translating manga or something, but whatever.  Back to musou.

Plus Japanese manga is crazy cheap.
野球

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #1242 on: January 16, 2014, 11:21:56 AM »
For free if you download raw scans. :larry

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1243 on: January 16, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »
 :mynicca
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1244 on: January 16, 2014, 01:57:46 PM »
I imported Yotsubato and Dragonball manga volumes from Yes Asia months ago. I'm still going to get FFX/X-2 HD. Win-win. Who cares.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1245 on: January 16, 2014, 03:34:51 PM »
You're not getting Sengoku Basara 4.

U LOSE, HIMU CHAN
ど助平

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #1246 on: January 16, 2014, 03:48:41 PM »
You're not getting Sengoku Basara 4.

U LOSE, HIMU CHAN

does this have sorin and/or mogami? if this doesn't have sorin and/or mogami i see no reason anybody would play this

EDIT: oh fuck it does :o
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 03:51:03 PM by magus »
<----

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1247 on: January 17, 2014, 01:42:42 PM »
Went back to Basara yesterday.

Tried SB2 and SB2 Heroes on the HD Collection first.  They run great-- everything is widescreen apart from in-game cut scenes and CG movies.  The latter I understand, but not the former.  Makes no sense when those cut scenes are already in a letterboxed 16:9 format.   :dizzy  But the game play definitely feels dated now.  A bit too simplistic.  Still offers a nice challenge on hard mode.

Then I played some SB3 Utage.  It still holds up nicely after so much Koei musou.  Took a bit to get used to the game play differences (SB being more free-form in everything and Koei games feeling more 'rigid', with set chains), but was having a blast again playing on hard.  I really did not play enough of this version of the game- Only a handful of characters were leveled-up.   :-[

I just hope that SB4 has its own identity and doesn't end up feeling like another SB3 update.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1248 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:55 PM »
#t=203

:mouf
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1249 on: January 22, 2014, 10:15:40 PM »
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1250 on: January 22, 2014, 11:43:01 PM »
So much murder. :hyper :hyper :hyper
Hi

« Reply #1251 on: January 23, 2014, 01:28:35 PM »
Looks like most the DW8 dlc is already downloadable on the psvita.  Can't get the game yet, but it's good to know that it's gonna be cross buy.

« Reply #1252 on: January 23, 2014, 01:39:19 PM »
Basara 4 is out this week in Japan, right?
野球

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1253 on: January 24, 2014, 02:55:17 PM »
Basara 4 is out this week in Japan, right?

Yup, got my copy today!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1254 on: January 24, 2014, 02:56:47 PM »
Looks like most the DW8 dlc is already downloadable on the psvita.  Can't get the game yet, but it's good to know that it's gonna be cross buy.

Really?  Maybe it will come out sooner than expected.  Might hold off on importing the PS4 version on 2/22 then.

And I have to warn everyone again about DW8 XL on Vita- it suffers from HORRENDOUS framerate issues.  Unbelievably bad. Only purchase if you have to have DW8 on the go no matter what.
ど助平

MoxManiac

« Reply #1255 on: January 24, 2014, 04:51:59 PM »
Been playing a lot of One Piece 2, it really is a great musou title. But as someone who is completely unfamiliar with OP, it has been a surreal and jarring experience. I can only imagine what kind of drugs the creators were on when creating the characters.
no

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: January 24, 2014, 04:59:32 PM »
"One Piece" actually refers to the pill the artist took when he came up with it.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1257 on: January 24, 2014, 05:20:04 PM »
Been playing a lot of One Piece 2, it really is a great musou title. But as someone who is completely unfamiliar with OP, it has been a surreal and jarring experience. I can only imagine what kind of drugs the creators were on when creating the characters.

It isn't surreal or jarring when you're familiar with the characters. The games story is basically fan fiction. So it is a bunch a random events that dont make sense even to a vet like me.
IYKYK

MoxManiac

« Reply #1258 on: January 24, 2014, 07:16:02 PM »
I dunno, no amount of familiarity would prepare me for Ivankov.
no

Himu

« Reply #1259 on: January 24, 2014, 09:38:07 PM »
Think Freddie mercury meets rocky horror picture show.
IYKYK