Author Topic: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread  (Read 343364 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Dynasty/Samurai/Orochi/Whatever Warriors Thread
« Reply #2400 on: December 27, 2018, 02:00:12 PM »
So this is interesting- just booted Dynasty Warriors 8XL (Switch) up and it started giving me bonus gold for having other musou game save data. One of the messages said "Save data for WARRIORS OROCHI 3: Ultimate has been detected."  Interesting since this game has not been localized on Switch.

Very well could mean nothing, but that's the first time I can remember the U.S. version of a Koei Switch game detecting the sava data for a Japanese game and listing its name in English like that.  Koei's games are not the same in each region (they have different languages/don't share the same region DLC) like some other releases are, too.

It also says you can get more data if you have a save for DW8 Empires and Spirit Of Sanada.  Two more games only available in Japan. Hmm...

:thinking
Switch sold a fuck ton this holiday. Already outsold base PS4+Slim in Japan.
I suspect more of those games will be ported and released digitally.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2401 on: December 27, 2018, 02:23:03 PM »
Sengoku Basara openings
:lawd

That music :rock
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2402 on: December 27, 2018, 04:43:03 PM »
That looks super cool. I wish I could get into Basara.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2403 on: December 27, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
That looks super cool. I wish I could get into Basara.

4/Sumeragi is so good.
:lawd

Just the play style for characters like Naotora Ii alone shit on anything Koei has done, tbh.  Their Sanada Yukimura game was pretty meh though.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2404 on: December 28, 2018, 02:49:06 AM »
This game!

It truly is SamuWar! Put it on Normal, neglected Ina and she's level 1. On the final mission for Nobuyuki's story she gets wrecked in five seconds by regular spear mooks. This game isn't the mindless Musou I was afraid KT turned the franchise into! So I leveled her up in survival and now she's ready!

I. Love. this. game!

IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2405 on: December 28, 2018, 07:42:48 AM »
Himu has seen the SW4 light
:rejoice :lawd
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2406 on: January 31, 2019, 12:24:22 PM »
Got Fate/Extella Link for Switch (digital)- it's not out in 'Murica yet and got delayed until sometime in March for some reason.  Doesn't make sense to me when the game was fully localized months ago and released in English on PS4 and Vita in Asia regions.  Would have just imported for PS4 but decided to wait for the Switch port, which offers full English.  The first game turned out really well on the Switch and the sequel is just as good -if not better- of a port, so glad I waited.  It runs at a very smooth framerate (appears to be 30 FPS, but may be higher) and seems to be running 1080P docked.  It really doesn't look like that much of a visual downgrade from the PS4 version overall and looks nice.  Lots of enemies on-screen at the same time, too.

Like the original game, Fate/Extella Link is a musou-style action game that takes place in a digital word.  It's Musou Matrix!  Everyone is back from the original, with Nero Claudius and Tamamo No Mae as the main characters again, but Altera has been replaced with newcomer Charlemagne, who seems to be a total bro, lol.  There's a lot of assets being re-used here including some of the same stages as the original game, but everything feels much more refined now.  Fate/Extella had an exhausting amount of visual novel-style storyline between stages and the story bits alone were hours and hours of the game, which you had to play through four times to finish.  It also didn't allow for all of the characters to be played in the story modes and instead characters got unlocked for use in side stories that generally were a few levels each.

While there's still visual novel-type cut scenes, they are generally short and the game instead focuses on getting you right back into the action.  Whereas the first game felt like 50% VN and 50% action game, this feels like it's 100% action now.  Instead of going through long conversations to choose a path, clearing a stage opens up several levels that you can choose to play, broken down by day (I.E. day one is one stage, day two has two, etc.).  You can go back and play (or replay) all of the stages available as well- so far, each has generally had the same storyline, but with a few differences and boss/general types.  It's not necessary to play all of the stages to progress, but is useful for level grinding if needed.

The original game's four stories had you playing as one character throughout.  You can now choose from multiple characters to play as and can use in-game currency earned from playing levels to raise all characters' levels to match up with your highest-leveled character.  You still can 'craft' accessories that give you attack/defense/health regen/etc. options in battle, but now you also have four special move slots per character and can earn and switch up attacks inbetween battles.  The added special moves really help the game play to feel more varied and a bit less button-mashy like musou games can be.

Unless something unlocks, character side stories and free modes are gone- instead you get the story mode, extra battles that unlock as you play, and there's now a multiplayer mode which I haven't tried yet.  On Switch, this appears to be local multiplayer only.  Pretty sure it's online on PS4 and can't remember how it works on Vita.

DLC stuff currently being offered includes a bunch of outfits/swimsuits, disturbing 'chibi' character models for some of the main characters (got some of this stuff for free from having an Extella 1 save), and one playable character- Young Altera, who has not shown up in the story mode yet as a playable or enemy character, but from using her in the Extra Battle mode, seems to be the best character in the game by far.  Bit too loli for me with her half-nekkid design, though.  Might have to see if she has an alt costume to cover up with available.
:exxy

Overall, the improvements made to the game fix just about all my complaints on the original.  If you like musou games, this is worth checking out!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 12:32:08 PM by bork »
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #2407 on: March 07, 2019, 09:56:49 PM »
Koei Tecmo Steam sale this weekend if there's anything you've missed and want for semi cheap. :doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2408 on: March 07, 2019, 10:16:07 PM »
Koei Tecmo Steam sale this weekend if there's anything you've missed and want for semi cheap. :doge

How about that DOA6 season pass for a reasonable price?
:neogaf
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2409 on: March 07, 2019, 11:55:08 PM »
Still $92.99. :doge If you want anything from that wait until it's available piecemeal, no sane person should pay more than a $60 games base price for add on shit.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2410 on: March 08, 2019, 03:08:21 PM »
Still $92.99.

:rage

I will reveal a dark, dirty secret.  I bought one or two of those similarly-priced season passes for DOA5 Last Round.
:stahp

THE SHAME

Not happening again.
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2411 on: March 19, 2019, 02:54:53 PM »
Not really the correct thread but does anyone has some feedback on Nobunaga : Sphere of Influence. I kinda want something to scratch my strategy sore patch but I only have the PS3.

I read a couple reviews and listened to the 3MA podcast but I'm still a bit fuzzy on it.

Was curious about Romance of the 3 kingdoms but apparently the PS store has nothing for the PS3 there (in English)...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 02:59:18 PM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #2412 on: March 19, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »
Not really the correct thread but does anyone has some feedback on Nobunaga : Sphere of Influence. I kinda want something to scratch my strategy sore patch but I only have the PS3.

I read a couple reviews and listened to the 3MA podcast but I'm still a bit fuzzy on it.

Was curious about Romance of the 3 kingdoms but apparently the PS store has nothing for the PS3 there (in English)...

Check steam. There's more options there in english i believe. I can't tell you how these games are because I haven't played them but they have intrigued me.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2413 on: March 19, 2019, 03:04:05 PM »

Check steam. There's more options there in english i believe. I can't tell you how these games are because I haven't played them but they have intrigued me.

No PC for games.  >:(
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #2414 on: March 19, 2019, 03:06:51 PM »
sry
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2415 on: March 19, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »
sry

I should get a PC soon but probably not one to run anything over Invisible Inc. ( :lol ).

I'll probably try to watch a LP on YouTube or something.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2416 on: March 20, 2019, 10:16:03 AM »
Nobunaga... looks a bit like a Paradox game.
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #2417 on: March 20, 2019, 12:49:47 PM »
Is that good or bad
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2418 on: March 20, 2019, 01:11:48 PM »
Is that good or bad

Depends if you like Paradox games I guess. :lol It's a solid formula but it's more about the management, grand strategy, and your middlemen than the wargaming (as far as I can tell, the battles are more fleshed out in Nobunaga... than in most Paradox games I played). It's a bit on the busywork side too, which can have its charm : most of the playing time appears to be on the Japan map and in submenus. ROTTK has more of a passing similarity to Civ (managing your cities and the battles happens on the same map).

I'll maybe buy that off the PS store, there's no ROTTK game on PS3 available in English or so it seems (digital or disk).
ὕβρις

Himu

« Reply #2419 on: March 20, 2019, 01:22:05 PM »
I mean, ROTK/Nobunaga are all about management. It's a simulation as much as it's a strategy game. So this sounds good.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2420 on: March 20, 2019, 01:24:25 PM »
Fate/Extella Link is out now in 'Murica.

IT IS GOOD MUSOU
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2421 on: March 20, 2019, 01:26:25 PM »
For fwiw, the game on steam (I know, I know) is reviewed very positively.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/392470/NOBUNAGAS_AMBITION_Sphere_of_Influence/#app_reviews_hash
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2422 on: March 20, 2019, 06:14:07 PM »

IT IS GOOD MUSOU
I have it installed (and bought the tropical set dlc :teehee ) but haven't had a chance to have it yet. I'll probably be pretty damn free in April if I haven't gotten to it by then. :doge
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2423 on: March 20, 2019, 08:32:40 PM »

IT IS GOOD MUSOU
I have it installed (and bought the tropical set dlc :teehee ) but haven't had a chance to have it yet. I'll probably be pretty damn free in April if I haven't gotten to it by then. :doge

I need to get back to it- I stopped after clearing all the story mode levels and the first few EX levels, but there's a shitload more of the latter to go.  It's so much better than the first game- improved game play and way less story shit.  Gone are the visual novel sequences that went on and on in the original.  Now you just get in and KICK ASS.  Note if you want a crazy-awesome character to play as, get the child Altera DLC character.  She's OP as hell though.  :lol

I got the physical U.S. version too- it's not compatible with the Japanese version (the save data and DLC aren't shared, boo, hiss), but still keeping it because it's a really nice package from XSeed.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2424 on: March 21, 2019, 01:35:22 AM »
Ha but she's like 10 bux and the game itself cost me $50. :doge I guess if she's OP that's sort of a fair price. :lol
Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #2425 on: July 05, 2019, 11:24:40 PM »

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 2020 on the 3 consoles and PC
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #2426 on: July 06, 2019, 12:15:08 AM »
Hmmm, ok I'll take it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2427 on: August 20, 2019, 07:13:11 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2428 on: August 27, 2019, 08:14:40 PM »
Amazon Japan has listed Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate for PlayStation 4.

While the listing has since been removed, the product description mentioned new playable character Gaia and the return of earlier playable characters such as Joan of Arc (who was last playable in Warriors Orochi 3). It also mentioned other additions including a new story, new side scenarios, new modes, and new actions.

An official announcement is planned for August 29. While the Amazon Japan listing was only for the PlayStation 4 version, like the original Warriors Orochi 4 before it, Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate is likely due out for Xbox One, Switch, and PC as well.

:phil
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2429 on: August 27, 2019, 10:50:59 PM »
Oh man I never finished the regular ass version. :-[
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2430 on: August 28, 2019, 07:21:17 AM »

Following the reveal of Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate on PS4, more info has surfaced from this week’s Famitsu, where Koei Tecmo confirmed that it is also coming to Switch and PC in Japan. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]

The game is set to release in Japan this December for both PS4 and Switch versions, while the PC version is expected to release in February. It is priced at 7,800 yen. Those with the original Warriors Orochi 4 will get to purchase the Upgrade Pack as a download for 4,800 yen.

In Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate we’ll see over 170 characters from previous titles. Tomohiko Sho is the producer of the game. He previously worked as the lead planner of Dynasty Warriors 3 to Dynasty Warriors 6. He then worked as the director of Dragon Quest Heroes and development producer for Dragon Quest Builders 2. He says that he’s looking to use the experience from having worked with Dragon Quest series creator Yuji Horii for the development.

As for new characters, the first is a brand-new character named Gaia. She fights using a Hecatoncheires, basically a giant with multiple arms. She’s a favorite of the producer, and is said to be even more powerful than Zeus.

The other confirmed character is Joan of Arc (Yumi Touma) who debuted in Bladestorm. She is said to have been added as a way to please fans from the West.

New Sacred Treasures will be featured in the game as well as a new type of cooperative move called “Musou Switch Combo” that brings out continuous Musou Attacks from three characters, plus more experience points gained when used.

In addition to more for its story and characters, the overall feel and playability has been improved as well as the UI. There are new side stories consisting of stories that didn’t make it into the original game. Players will also get to switch Sacred Treasures.

There are also new modes such as Challenge Mode that supports rankings and Infinite Mode that will let you party with three people to aim for records.

There will be some sort of save data bonus, but more information will be shared later. Koei Tecmo aren’t thinking about DLC other than  first-print and retailer bonuses, as they want to make it a game you can properly enjoy on its own.

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate releases for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in Japan in December 2019. The PC version releases in February 2020. While an Xbox One version wasn’t announced for Japan it’ll likely be announced for the West.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2431 on: August 28, 2019, 04:55:37 PM »
Having an upgrade path for OG buyers is cool af. 8)
Hi

Trent Dole

« Reply #2432 on: August 30, 2019, 05:13:31 PM »
I'M DOUBLE POSTING AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME
https://gematsu.com/2019/08/warriors-orochi-4-ultimate-coming-west-in-february-2020
Orochi 4 Ult in the USSA in February :rock :rock :rock
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2433 on: September 03, 2019, 11:34:27 AM »

:phil :phil
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2434 on: September 11, 2019, 07:07:37 AM »

Wano setting = One Piece Samurai Warriors
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2435 on: September 11, 2019, 10:05:15 AM »

:phil :phil

Why is the camera all the way back what the fuck
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2436 on: September 11, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »
To show off the special attacks.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2437 on: September 11, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
Bad way to do it imo
IYKYK

Trent Dole

« Reply #2438 on: September 20, 2019, 07:47:58 PM »

Feb 14  8)
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2439 on: November 14, 2019, 07:49:58 AM »
Publisher Koei Tecmo and developer Omega Force have released the second official trailer for Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate.

The updated release adds all-new characters Gaia, Hades, and Yang Jian, as well as returning characters Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden, Joan of Arc from Bladestorm: The Hundred Years’ War, and Achilles from Warriors: Legends of Troy. This is in addition to new scenarios, game modes, and side activities.

Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate is due out for PlayStation 4 and Switch on December 19 in Japan, and for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on February 14, 2020 in North America and Europe.

Hope there's more characters that were added than just the ones they've shown so far...but expectations are low.  Was hoping for everyone (except say, Sophitia) from WO3 Ultimate coming back at the least.
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #2440 on: November 14, 2019, 07:59:25 AM »
It's Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate , but the video says it's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate?   :whatisthis

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2441 on: November 14, 2019, 10:10:48 AM »
It's Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate , but the video says it's Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate?   :whatisthis

What we got as Dynasty Warriors 2 was "Shin (New) Sangoku Musou" over there, followed by Shin Sangoku Musou 2 which was Dynasty Warriors 3 for us and so on.

Same thing happened with Orochi.

In Japan, the first game was followed by Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin (Rebirth of the Demon Lord), which makes more sense to me since that game was heavy on asset re-usage and felt like more of an expansion than a brand new title.  They still called it "Warriors Orochi 2" in English, however, so the Dynasty Warriors naming convention applies here too, with Musou Orochi 2 being Warriors Orochi 3 and so on.

:expert
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2442 on: November 20, 2019, 04:30:25 PM »
Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate popped up on the Japanese eShop does now- was like WAT WAT WAT WAT IT'S OUT!?  But naw, looks like you can buy it and get the vanilla content now, then Ultimate on 12/19.

And it shows English language support.  Now I'm gonna be tempted to buy the J-version so I can play it two months early.  But that means I'd have to replay the vanilla content, I assume.  But I also wouldn't mind doing that again  :lol  :dizzy
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2443 on: November 20, 2019, 09:49:53 PM »
I didn't play all that much of vanilla 4 on PC and might just snag Ult on Switch. :-[
Hi

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
« Reply #2444 on: November 20, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »
In hindsight, WO4 is a pale shadow of WO3. I’m hoping WO4 Ultimate is a strong enough package. WO3 Ultimate was pretty much a whole new game added.
🍆🍆

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2446 on: December 07, 2019, 08:32:08 PM »
Bit the bullet and got the Japanese Musou Orochi 3 Ultimate pre-order.  Can confirm it runs in full-English on Switch, so why Koei is waiting two months to release this elsewhere is beyond me.

It downloaded Vanilla WO4 so I plan to re-play that before Ultimate drops on the 19th.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2447 on: December 15, 2019, 05:00:29 PM »
US WO3 is on the bone and fairly inexpensive, I only played the very base version and some of its DLC cause that's all that was on 360, I'm tempted even though 4 Ult is like two months away, might as well have an actual disc for the thing alongside all the free gamepass stuffs.
Hi

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2448 on: December 15, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
It goes a lot quicker when you skip all the cut scenes and stuff, lol.  Almost done with Chapter 3.  Just using mainly Kaihime as a tank and crushing everyone with her magic like I did on the first play-through. 
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #2449 on: December 15, 2019, 08:45:01 PM »
How does 4 ultimate compare to 3
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2450 on: December 15, 2019, 09:26:13 PM »
How does 4 ultimate compare to 3

Ultimate content isn't out yet.  Will be later this week! :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2451 on: December 17, 2019, 07:32:47 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2452 on: December 18, 2019, 10:56:39 AM »
I'll see about getting this whenever it drops in price- it's digital only, AFAIK, and is $84.99 on PSN. :dizzy

Sucks that they don't have an "all DLC bundle" for sale, too.  You can get a physical DW9 for $29. It's more expensive to get the DLC packs stand-alone.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2453 on: December 18, 2019, 08:29:11 PM »
Warriors Orochi 4 Ultimate content just downloaded from the J-eShop.  :hyper

I haven't finished the base story yet, but upgrading gave me a ridiculous 600,000+ growth points to use, unlocked a few characters you get post-game (IIRC), and is letting me switch out magic for characters- the latter already makes the game 10 times better since you're no longer stuck with magic for a specific character.  FINALLY.  Don't think I can access the new story content yet, but what has been added is going to make finishing up the WO4 vanilla content a lot more fun.  :)

They also redid the character select screen.  It's more like Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate now and much easier to navigate.

EDIT: Yeah, can't get to the new content beyond what was added immediately yet- Infinite Mode won't let me play it until the WO4 vanilla story is cleared.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 08:33:20 PM by pork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2454 on: December 20, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
Getting close to finishing up WO4 vanilla content for the second time around- on chapter 5 now.  I forgot that a side story or two opens up in chapter 4 after chapter 5 unlocks.  Weird. 

Still mainly using super-OP Kaihime tank to steamroll through the game- really need to check out how some of the other characters are now that you can use any magic with anyone, but am more interested in checking out the Ultimate characters, so whatever.  They also added two new DLC magic equips- one that summons a giant dog and the other that uses plant-binding moves.  The latter is pretty useful.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2455 on: December 24, 2019, 09:04:30 PM »
Finally cleared the vanilla WO4 content for the second time and am now in the Ultimate content.  Impressions so far:

-Have four of the added characters unlocked right now- Hayabusa, Joan Of Arc, Achilles, and newcomer Yang Jian.  It's nice having the returning WO3 guests, but more new characters or at least all of the previous guests being there would have been a lot better.

-In addition to selectable magic for everyone and some DLC magic, a new magic ability got unlocked after a few stages.  Maybe more are there?  You can also now "chain" musou attacks together and do all three of your characters' in a row. 

-You can take characters up to level 100 and then kind of do a CoD-style "prestige", where you start back at level one, but retain abilities unlocked.  This can be done up to five times.

-You can get Upgrade Stones to boost abilities.  Haven't gotten any yet.

-You can craft new weapons- can't say anything about this yet because it's done by getting materials in the Infinity Mode, which I haven't tried yet.  Probably should do that after this post!

-EDIT: Infinity Mode is kind of a different game.  Your characters keep their weapons/levels/etc. but you are starting over, roster-wise, and get to select seven characters to start with.  It's got its own small storyline in which you have to clear 12 challenge towers and will become the new ruler of Olympus at the end.  You can set your team members to search, attack, or protect you and the maps have loot boxes that appear.  Seems fun!

-No new maps (yet?)- the Ultimate content starts with a new Chapter 6 and has stages that are just recycled from WO4- themselves already recycled from other games.  Lame.  I remember loving how WO3 and its upgrades had cool stuff like a Ninja Gaiden-themed level for Ryu and cool intro cut scenes.  None of that is here.  It does appear that there are some new maps later on, however.  I think I've played on on one but am not 100% sure. 

-The story kind of ignores the vanilla ending and continues on with Da Ji and crew still being a-holes and Odin still the bad guy.  Loki switches sides and is your buddy and Gaia, who appears as a soul without a body, leads everyone to stop him and blah blah blah.  More side-story levels also get unlocked including ones that take place during Chapter 5.

-There's a subplot where you can gather 21 "pieces" of the real Perseus to resurrect him.  Unsure if this means he'll pop up as a new character or just Loki clone.  From a gameplay standpoint, what this means is re-playing older levels , but with challenges and time limits in place to get to a Perseus clone, and then you have to complete the level.  This would have been much better if you just did the challenge and that was it- this is basically like Hundun 2.0 and is kind of lame.

WO4 Ultimate so far is good stuff, but does it dethrone WO3 Ultimate as the champ?  Nope.  Still not as good to me- WO3U had better map variety and I liked all those guest characters.  WO4U is definitely #2 in my book though.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 10:18:59 PM by pork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2456 on: December 24, 2019, 11:32:45 PM »
Got 'grandmama' Gaia, who looks like a teenager (of course), complete with bonus schoolgirl outfit.   :doge  Seems like every new god character looks younger than the last- Hades looks like a teenager too, lol.

She's OP as hell.  Only level eight and already destroying everyone with ease.  She isn't like the other characters and has a magic attack made with her weapon- gives her more attacks using the giant flying hand she rides on.  Basically this character is flying around on a mecha-hand and can shoot mecha-hand missles and shit.  Insane.  :lol

Hoping Hades gets playable soon.  Dunno how long Ultimate's story is but I want to get Perseus before finishing it, not after.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 11:44:33 PM by pork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2457 on: December 25, 2019, 06:28:11 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2458 on: December 28, 2019, 11:24:02 AM »

:nugenix
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #2459 on: January 04, 2020, 03:17:55 AM »
Orochi 3 Ult is on its way. 360 never got any of the expansions so even having played that there's a ton of new stuff in it. There's not any listings of how much the 4 - Ult costs that I've seen, there's a 'deluxe' version that mostly just includes some level boosting stuff as well.
Hi