Author Topic: Sports gaming ghetto thread  (Read 69679 times)

cool breeze

Re: Sports gaming ghetto thread (really this thread is only for me)
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2012, 03:44:38 AM »
wait, where the hell did Blitz come from? I'm reading the giantbomb thread on gaf and people are talking about the quicklook or something.  Was this just announced, or is EA just bad at advertising it, or am I just really out of touch?

I played a lot of Blitz back in the day.  Mostly in the arcades.

Was there ever an arcade hockey series? I remember NHL 98 was a lot more arcadey than even NHL 2000 (like how Madden 04 was more lax than later games).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:49:54 AM by Linkzg »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:12 AM »
NFL Blitz is only available in North America. As a digital title. In 2012. After NBA Jam, Madden Arcade and NHL 3 on 3 were released worldwide.

This industry is fucking stupid.
itm

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2012, 07:12:48 AM »
It is, almost certainly, some stupid distribution contract remaindered from its Midway roots. For example, Midway was distributing most of their stuff through Taito in Japan, so if Taito still had some brand-related claim to that, EA might not be interested in promoting it in that territory, as a matter of competing, or blurring their own brand?

I'm just totally guessing here, though.

pilonv1

« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2012, 05:54:58 PM »
Explain NBA Jam then.
itm

cool breeze

« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »

I guess EA wants to compete with Virtua Tennis and Top Spin now.  It's looking pretty good.

I still don't get EA Sports fascination with dual analog control in sports games.  It's not bad, but also not really an advantage.

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2012, 07:15:50 PM »

I guess EA wants to compete with Virtua Tennis and Top Spin now.  It's looking pretty good.

I still don't get EA Sports fascination with dual analog control in sports games.  It's not bad, but also not really an advantage.

Marketing hokum. It all started back in the day with their shitty "freestyle" controls in NBA Live. That being said I'm open to a  tennis sim. Top Spin is okay but they've never really put it all together imo.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2012, 08:26:16 PM »

Marketing hokum. It all started back in the day with their shitty "freestyle" controls in NBA Live. That being said I'm open to a  tennis sim. Top Spin is okay but they've never really put it all together imo.

I thought Top Spin 4 was really, really good. Tough as nails, but I loved it.
AMC

Stoney Mason

« Reply #127 on: January 06, 2012, 09:59:51 AM »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #128 on: January 06, 2012, 10:57:11 AM »
Explain NBA Jam then.

No idea. Different title, so different contract?

...I got nothin'.

cool breeze

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
it's really interesting to hear jeff talk about blitz

Stoney Mason

« Reply #130 on: January 06, 2012, 11:29:21 AM »
I downloaded the trial and tried it out. And it seems like Blitz. Removing all the extra stuff like the extreme tackles and late hits does suck some of the the soul and character out of the game though.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2012, 01:40:08 PM »
Grand Slam Tennis Demo is up.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/EA-SPORTS-GRAND-SLAM-TENNIS-2-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80245418892

I kinda like the right analog stick thing.  :-[

It's sort of like a timing release window thing you get in basketball games. The controls are simply but still fun and there is a skill element there. I might pick this up.

cool breeze

« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:42 PM »
yeah, it was fun.  Timing is a bit off compared to virtua tennis or top spin, almost feels like a delay.  You really need to be really close to the ball to hit it.  In the other games you can hold the button running up to it and then release to make contact, where here that whole range of motion is more contained near the ball (if that makes sense).  I'm assuming it's because of the analog stick swinging since you can't really prepare (unless you do topspin, where it's back and forward instead of flick).  It seems to be more like Top Spin simulation than Virtua Tennis arcade, which is nice.  And I like that the AI gets fierce when you up the difficulty.  I liked the demo.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2012, 02:17:58 PM »
It's definitely more sim-ish than virtua tennis but I prefer that style. Top Spin is very sim-ish itself. And yeah it took me a second to find the timing. You have to swing a bit later in this game than in a lot of tennis games where you can just run around and having your prewind animation set as soon as it comes over the net. You kinda don't want to swing until the ball hits. But I like how you lose power and accuracy if you don't hit the right timing window.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2012, 10:19:44 PM »
How did you like Rockstar's Table Tennis, Stoney?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #135 on: January 10, 2012, 10:23:29 PM »

I loved it back in the day. Haven't played it in years so not sure how well it holds up but I played it a shitload when it originally came out.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2012, 11:06:18 PM »

I loved it back in the day. Haven't played it in years so not sure how well it holds up but I played it a shitload when it originally came out.

I ask because it had Right Analog Stick controls, and I'm wondering if they're comparably implemented.

I sucked at Table Tennis; I cannot make it past Medium Career Tournament or whatever the normal difficulty was called. I liked it though.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #137 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:14 PM »
It's been so long since I played table tennis that I can't accurately remember how that system actually felt.

You should try out the demo and comment. I liked it but then honestly I played it for like 15 minutes.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2012, 03:20:11 PM »

Robo

« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2012, 12:42:34 AM »
I've been considering picking up NBA 2K12 over the last few weeks, but those strategy videos on the last page are making my head spin.  Is that guy going into unnecessary detail for the sake of depth and getting the most out of the game, or would I really need to know that stuff?  In other words, is it difficult to just pick up and play without knowing a thing about the 2K series?  "Practice Mode" isn't terribly appealing to me.
obo

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
Nah, especially on lower difficulties, you don't need to use the sticks and all those moves, you can shoot and pass with a button plus do "auto-moves" with a trigger + another.  The moves give you advantages of course but they aren't necessary to win games.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2012, 02:05:25 AM »
Nah, especially on lower difficulties, you don't need to use the sticks and all those moves, you can shoot and pass with a button plus do "auto-moves" with a trigger + another.  The moves give you advantages of course but they aren't necessary to win games.

I respect benjipwns but I'm going to disagree. I think NBA 2k has moved beyond being immediately accessible to casuals at least on a proper difficulty level. The isomotion stuff is bewildering to anybody who hasn't played the series before (and even to some of us who have). And I think the game kinda does require you to be in practice mode to figure some stuff out.  Don't get me wrong. I think its a really fun and great game. And I think 2k12 is more accessible than 2k11 was which had some really funny shot timing and you often tended to miss a lot of wide open shots. But I still think its a bit befuddling for someone new to the series.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:07:49 AM by Stoney Mason »

Robo

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2012, 12:32:17 PM »
Thanks.  I think it might be best to wait for a price drop or sale, just in case.
obo

Stoney Mason

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »
Thanks.  I think it might be best to wait for a price drop or sale, just in case.

It generally drops to $29.99 about halfway through the season. Just to be clear I think its an awesome game. Just a bit noob unfriendly.

Unrelated.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
:lol

Frank doesn't look like he's at fighting weight in that leotard.

...Don't tell him I said that.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
UFC Undisputed 3 demo is out. It's a Gold exclusive for now, for some reason.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/UFC-Undisputed-3-Demo/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025451887e

Stoney Mason

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »
It's only one round which is annoying although its fast to start another match right away again. I only played for like 5 minutes. I'll play some this evening and give some thoughts.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2012, 09:42:59 PM »
Still haven't had a chance to play the demo. Maybe this weekend.

etiolate

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23:45 AM »
This is where I post the lol personnel changes for My Player's team in NBA 2k12. I'm on the Suns as a pass-first PG. (WEE I'M A NASH REPLACEMENT) Now my team has made changes over the season and these players are all on the squad together: Me, Nash, Lou Williams, Jason Terry, Shannon Brown and Jared Dudley. There's one real big man in Robin Lopez. My team had all those players except Terry at one point, but Nash got hurt so they traded somebody for Terry. It doesn't show me the trades, I just notice that suddenly my backcourt mate changes every timeout.

I'm winning more now that they put me in the starting PG spot while Nash got hurt. Now Nash like plays 2 minutes a game. I put up Rubio #s. Assists, points and steal on a low, low FG%.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2012, 08:45:22 AM »
The My Player feature is the most fun I've had with a sports game in years. I'm still playing 2k11 and my player is in his 3rd season. I still try to get one game in a night if possible.
©ZH

Stoney Mason

« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
Probably doesn't apply to a lot of people here but the PC version of NBA 2k12 has some nice mods.

This one adds the following historical teams. Very fun to play with Barkley. It also replaces the fake players from the legend teams with the real players.

•   2010-2011 Dallas Mavericks
•   2008-2009 Orlando Magic
•   2008-2009 Houston Rockets
•   2007-2008 Boston Celtics
•   2007-2008 Seattle SuperSonics
•   2006-2007 Phoenix Suns
•   2006-2007 Denver Nuggets
•   2005-2006 Miami Heat
•   2003-2004 Detroit Pistons
•   2003-2004 Los Angeles Lakers
•   2003-2004 Minnesota Timberwolves
•   2002-2003 San Antonio Spurs
•   2002-2003 Washington Wizards
•   2001-2002 New Jersey Nets
•   2000-2001 Philadelphia 76ers
•   1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers
•   1999-2000 Portland Trailblazers
•   1999-2000 Indiana Pacers
•   1999-2000 Toronto Raptors
•   1998-1999 New York Knicks
•   1997-1998 Minnesota Timberwolves
•   1997-1998 Indiana Pacers
•   1996-1997 Detroit Pistons
•   1996-1997 Houston Rockets
•   1996-1997 Chicago Bulls
•   1996-1997 Charlotte Hornets
•   1996-1997 Miami Heat
•   1992-1993 New Jersey Nets
•   1992-1993 Phoenix Suns
•   1992 Dream Team

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=2600

This one adds a bunch of portraits

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=2599
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:01:33 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »
whoops wrong thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:32:24 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »
The My Player feature is the most fun I've had with a sports game in years. I'm still playing 2k11 and my player is in his 3rd season. I still try to get one game in a night if possible.

These my player features being added to sports games are awesome. At first I didn't get them because I was so used to franchise mode but its a completely different experience just being one guy. I know it sounds lame to say but you almost really feel like an nba player since you can only play your role. My immersion in these types of modes really increases.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
I made the mistake of reading the UFC Undisputed 3 thread at The Other Forum. Jesus, there are some idiots on this planet.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2012, 01:06:49 PM »

I picked this up this morning. I'll post some thoughts hopefully this evening.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2012, 06:35:42 PM »
Played for a few hours. Game is pretty deep and I haven't even touched online yet so my gameplay impressions are very limited.

Sees fun enough and an improvement over prior Undisputed titles. I still think the game is too technical with too many button presses. I kinda prefer the EA MMA approach of making it more accessible but that being said this does open a lot of depth through the gameplay systems. When you play through the tutorial there are all these gameplay mechanics that really balance out the gameplay but I have a feeling I'll never remember half of it and stick to the basics.

On the negative side I still think the animation system by Yukes is sub par. There are moments where things look good but too often it looks robotic and doesn't chain together as well as it should.

But there are a lot of moves for a lot of different situations. It really feels like you can do a lot of shit. There are a ton of fighters and hell Pride Mode not only has its own rules but its own announcers. Extending out the dev time for this edition was really the right move from a game quality perspective.

THQ has gone nuts with their passes. This game not only has an online pass but a season pass for DLC which obviously you don't get even for buying the game. I'll post some more thoughts when I go online and put some more time into career mode.

pilonv1

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2012, 08:10:56 PM »
How are submissions? I heard they're still terrible control wise
itm

Stoney Mason

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
How are submissions? I heard they're still terrible control wise

It's better in the sense that there is some visual feedback now to go along with it although it looks goofy with those colored bars chasing each other. I mean it gets the job done but it still feels like there should be a more elegant way to handle this area of combat.

My current issue with the submission system is that I keep accidentally clicking it when I'm trying to do ground transitions. Although that may be due to an older worn down over sensitive controller.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:54:32 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
Played some more over the weekend. Still haven't played online yet as I don't feel I'm good enough yet.

It's okay. I still feel like the problem here is Yukes. The game has a good bit of depth. Has all the bells and whistles you want but it still feels like those WWE products where you can get all the little stuff right but if the core gameplay isn't right, it just isn't right. I feel detached often when I'm playing the game. The game feels too tight and too simish where it sucks the fun out of it for me. That is a fine line all sports game need to straddle as they try to balance that sim feeling with the game being snappy and responsive and based on this being the 3rd entry and the history of the WWE games I don't think Yukes will ever get that. This could just be a me thing as most people are loving this title. And I don't hate it. I just don't love it either.

EA MMA was broken when it came to the sim aspect but I felt it got the fun aspect right. This game gets the sim aspect but fails at the fun aspect. You have to be a real MMA nut to enjoy this game. And I am. But I think it needs more than that.

I'll probably post one more time about it when I try the online.

DJ_Tet

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2012, 02:23:49 AM »
Probably doesn't apply to a lot of people here but the PC version of NBA 2k12 has some nice mods.

This one adds the following historical teams. Very fun to play with Barkley. It also replaces the fake players from the legend teams with the real players.

•   2005-2006 Miami Heat
•   1996-1997 Miami Heat
•   1992 Dream Team

Nice.  This is why I bought 2k12 for PC.  Can't wait to try out the Rice/Mason Hornets team  :-*
TIT

Himu

« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2012, 02:36:17 AM »
Thanks for the Grand Slam Tennis impressions. Gonna check it out bro.
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
The retro team patch has gotten ever better on 2k12 for PC

Teams:

124 Additional Retro Teams (not including the original retro teams that came with the game) were added to the file in chronological order (so they show up by the correct year in order from the "Quick Play" screen). All 124 of these teams have now been added into the game (using correct jerseys and courts) without using up a created team slot. They are:

Team additions to the roster (while keeping all other retro teams and NBA teams):
• All-Time Boston Celtics Legends (HAWK23)
• All-Time Chicago Bulls Legends (HAWK23)
• All-Time Los Angeles Lakers Legends (HAWK23)
• All-Time Franchise Teams now have starting 5’s (HAWK23)
• All-Time 2010’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• All-Time 2000’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• All-Time 1990’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• All-Time 1980’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• All-Time 1970’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• All-Time 1960’s Legends Team (HAWK23)
• 2008 USA Redeem Team (HAWK23)
• 1992 Dream Team (HAWK23)
• 2010-2011 Dallas Mavericks (HAWK23)
• 2008-2009 Portland Trail Blazers (Brenzon)
• 2008-2009 Orlando Magic (HAWK23)
• 2008-2009 Houston Rockets (Nuhmete)
• 2008-2009 Cleveland Cavaliers (Laker06)
• 2008-2009 Los Angeles Lakers (Laker06)
• 2007-2008 New Orleans Hornets (Nuhmete)
• 2007-2008 Boston Celtics (HAWK23)
• 2007-2008 Seattle SuperSonics (Nuhmete)
• 2006-2007 Golden State Warriors (TSD77)
• 2006-2007 Phoenix Suns (TSD77 tweaked by Nuhmete)
• 2006-2007 Denver Nuggets (TSD77 tweaked by Nuhmete)
• 2006-2007 Utah Jazz (Nuhmete)
• 2005-2006 Los Angeles Clippers (TDS77)
• 2005-2006 Los Angeles Lakers (Tommyhtc)
• 2005-2006 Miami Heat (HAWK23)
• 2005-2006 Washington Wizards (TSD77)
• 2004-2005 Seattle SuperSonics (Nuhmete)
• 2003-2004 Dallas Mavericks (TSD77)
• 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons (HAWK23)
• 2003-2004 Indiana Pacers (CecilHayes)
• 2003-2004 Los Angeles Lakers (HAWK23)
• 2003-2004 Minnesota Timberwolves (HAWK23)
• 2002-2003 San Antonio Spurs (TSD77)
• 2002-2003 Washington Wizards (HAWK23)
• 2002-2003 Orlando Magic (CecilHayes)
• 2001-2002 Los Angeles Lakers (TSD77)
• 2001-2002 New Jersey Nets (HAWK23)
• 2000-2001 Milwakuee Bucks (TSD77)
• 2000-2001 Sacramento Kings (Brenzon)
• 2000-2001 Philadelphia 76ers (HAWK23)
• 1999-2000 Los Angeles Lakers (HAWK23)
• 1999-2000 Portland Trailblazers (HAWK23)
• 1999-2000 Indiana Pacers (HAWK23)
• 1999-2000 Toronto Raptors (HAWK23)
• 1998-1999 New York Knicks (HAWK23)
• 1997-1998 Minnesota Timberwolves (HAWK23)
• 1997-1998 Indiana Pacers (HAWK23)
• 1996-1997 Phoenix Suns (Laker06)
• 1996-1997 Los Angeles Lakers (Broadsun)
• 1996-1997 Philadelphia 76ers (HAWK23)
• 1996-1997 Washington Bullets (Nuhmete)
• 1996-1997 Detroit Pistons (HAWK23)
• 1996-1997 Houston Rockets (TSD77)
• 1996-1997 Chicago Bulls (Nuhmete)
• 1996-1997 Charlotte Hornets (HAWK23)
• 1996-1997 Atlanta Hawks (RF10)
• 1996-1997 Utah Jazz (Converted from NBA2K11)
• 1996-1997 Miami Heat (HAWK23)
• 1994-1995 Chicago Bulls (Nuhmete)
• 1994-1995 San Antonio Spurs (RF10)
• 1994-1995 Houston Rockets (Maximus)
• 1992-1993 New Jersey Nets (Nuhmete)
• 1992-1993 New York Knicks (HAWK23)
• 1992-1993 Phoenix Suns (HAWK23)
• 1991-1992 Portland Trail Blazers (Conv from NBA2K11)
• 1991-1992 Chicago Bulls (HAWK23)
• 1991-1992 Boston Celtics (CecilHayes)
• 1990-1991 Utah Jazz (tommyhtc)
• 1989-1990 Atlanta Hawks (Converted from NBA2K11)
• 1989-1990 Detroit Pistons (Converted from NBA2K11)
• 1989-1990 Chicago Bulls (Converted from NBA2K11)
• 1986-1987 Seattle Supersonics (RF10)
• 1987-1988 Dallas Mavericks (Nuhmete)
• 1985-1986 Houston Rockets (Maximus)
• 1984-1985 New York Knicks (HAWK23)
• 1984-1985 Denver Nuggets (RF10)
• 1983-1984 Utah Jazz (RF10)
• 1982-1983 San Antonio Spurs (RF10)
• 1982-1983 Philadelphia 76ers (RF10)
• 1981-1982 Denver Nuggets (RF10)
• 1981-1982 Los Angeles Lakers (TSD77)
• 1980-1981 Boston Celtics (CecilHayes)
• 1978-1979 Seattle Supersonics (Nuhmete)
• 1977-1978 Washington Bullets (HAWK23)
• 1976-1977 Portland Trail Blazers (Jayatsena)
• 1974-1975 Golden State Warriors (johnpipepipe)
• 1971-1972 Chicago Bulls (Francis27nba)
• 1969-1970 Baltimore Bullets (jayatsena)
• 1969-1970 Philadelphia 76ers (jayatsena)
• 1966-1967 San Francisco Warriors (RF10)
• 1961-1962 Cincinnati Royals (jayatsena)
• 1961-1962 Philadelphia Warriors (jayatsena)
• 1959-1960 Boston Celtics (RF10)
• 1957-1958 St. Louis Hawks (jayatsena)
• 1951-1952 Minneapolis Lakers (jayatsena)

Himu

« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:23 AM »
tried out fifa street 2012 demo, and it's doppppppppppe

IYKYK

pilonv1

« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2012, 05:54:05 AM »
• 2006-2007 Golden State Warriors (TSD77)

WE BELIEVE :o
itm

etiolate

« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2012, 04:50:06 AM »

•   2005-2006 Miami Heat
•   1996-1997 Miami Heat
•   1992 Dream Team

Is there a mod that adds the Webber era Kings?

pilonv1

« Reply #165 on: April 26, 2012, 05:16:33 AM »
Weren't they one of the pre-order teams?
itm

etiolate

« Reply #166 on: April 26, 2012, 05:33:36 AM »
Yeah, I'm not sure which pre-order and which year of the team it was. I had heard the players and everything were on the PC disc somewhere.

benjipwns

« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2012, 03:12:20 PM »
Live 13 preview: http://www.operationsports.com/previews/148/nba-live-13/
During the gameplay, I noticed no off the ball player movement. I mean none. But the Developers stated they simply wanted to show off the passing, so plays were not being run. Another head scratcher to me as this made the game look a little ridiculous. They showed a signature shot from LeBron James, but it didn't look very natural to me at all. In fact, many of the animations seemed to skip frames, it just wasn't fluid. While zooming into player heads, facial hair and tattoos looked great, the gameplay was simply just not worth showing at this time. It's possible/likely this will be cleaned up before launch, but it's worth noting we simply weren't shown much to impress us on the gameplay just yet.

The game seemed too fast. Actually, it looked more arcady to me than sim. Players moved too fast and the developers stated there were no plans at this time to add a speed slider. That is not a good sign for sure. They are implementing a collision system, but they didn't show it at all. It almost seemed like they were more interested in showing off the graphics than actual gameplay.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2012, 03:36:24 PM »
To be expected sadly. Live hasn't been a sim since the early 2000's. That freestyle horse shit they did in the mid-2000's turned it even more arcade like. They've demonstrated they aren't really interested in building a sim. I'll still try it out as I love basketball games.

etiolate

« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2012, 03:38:29 PM »
How are you really showing off the passing if you don't have off the ball movement? Show that I can hit a cutter from the post if you want to show off passing.

benjipwns

« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't actually started development on this before last fall. Or started with Live 10 as their base.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/2K-Games-40806NBA-2K121-Download/dp/B005ODQC1O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1341172414&sr=8-3&keywords=nba+2k12

NBA 2k12 is $9.99 on amazon for the PC. Buy it and then download one of the best mods ever imo.

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2012, 05:15:13 PM »
ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh if only my laptop weren't a piece of shit
AMC

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2012, 05:22:13 PM »
nevermind the min specs are pretty low omg buying now thanks stoney you are the best
AMC

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2012, 06:20:04 PM »
Can you only use one conversion at a time?
USA

Stoney Mason

« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2012, 06:28:45 PM »
nevermind the min specs are pretty low omg buying now thanks stoney you are the best

Hopefully it runs well for you. I know I go on about this mod in this thread but its really awesome. They already did a post draft update.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2012, 06:30:50 PM »
Can you only use one conversion at a time?

Essentially yes. But all you have to do is load the correct roster and you can use a different one if you want. To get this one to work you have to add some files to the nba directory and then load up the roster in the game through the in game roster system. 

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2012, 06:42:57 PM »
oh ok. The NCAA mod isn't out anyways (I don't think) which would be what I would replace it with. Where can I get sliders?
USA

benjipwns

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »
oh ok. The NCAA mod isn't out anyways (I don't think) which would be what I would replace it with. Where can I get sliders?
Nah, it only has like six teams made and no ratings or anything set.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-sliders/

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »

:bow
USA