Author Topic: Sports gaming ghetto thread  (Read 69699 times)

Syph

Re: Sports gaming ghetto thread
« Reply #480 on: January 06, 2016, 03:34:53 AM »
If anyone was thinking of getting NHL 16, do yourself a favour and put that cash in a pile and light it on fire. Still a more enjoyable experience and at least you'll generate some heat.
XO

Am_I_Anonymous

• And I'm pretty sure fuck you (italics implied)
« Reply #481 on: January 06, 2016, 10:41:14 AM »
Shame the online community is virtually dead on PC :gloomy

play sports games on PC, brehs.
YMMV

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #482 on: January 06, 2016, 10:45:50 AM »
If anyone was thinking of getting NHL 16, do yourself a favour and put that cash in a pile and light it on fire. Still a more enjoyable experience and at least you'll generate some heat.

If I was looking for a hockey game, which year or iteration was the best in the past five years?

This same question applies to the NBA2k series as well.
OH!

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #483 on: January 06, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

If I was looking for a hockey game, which year or iteration was the best in the past five years?

If you are talking about PC, NBA 2k16 or 2k14 would be what you want. NBA 2k16 is a fairly balanced game compared to some of the recent editions. And has a lot of good content in the modes. 2k14 would also be a good choice as while its the last gen version, it's the last version that has the ultimate base roster available for it.

http://192.186.195.96/~hawk23/UBR/UBR.htm

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #484 on: January 06, 2016, 03:47:22 PM »
I would be playing the last gen versions of stuff (360).

I don't care much about the newest rosters, I'd want the best 2k basketball game when it comes to content. Something that's great across the board.
OH!

Stoney Mason

« Reply #485 on: January 06, 2016, 06:18:31 PM »
I would be playing the last gen versions of stuff (360).

I don't care much about the newest rosters, I'd want the best 2k basketball game when it comes to content. Something that's great across the board.

Here is a thread that may be useful to you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comments/3obvio/which_was_the_best_nba_2k_last_gen_11_12_13_or_14/

Syph

« Reply #486 on: January 07, 2016, 12:57:03 AM »

If you don't mind last gen then I would recommend NHL 13 or 14
The problem of course would be the outdated rosters (if that matters to you)
If you're a casual fan though NHL 16 may be worth it for you; it may be that I only am choked about it because I notice the lack of improvements or am more familiar with the recent iterations.

Objectively 16 is still playable I may have been marginally melodramatic haha

edit: missed that second post of yours, in that case yea for sure you'd be fine with NHL 13 (which is probs like $5 nowadays)
XO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #487 on: May 11, 2016, 11:59:24 AM »
Hey LIVE fans:

I want to share some important updates on what’s next for NBA LIVE and give you an overview of where we’re going with the franchise over the course of this year.

It’s important that you know that we are committed to NBA LIVE in the console space. While we won’t be shipping a product this Fall, we will be back on the courts with something new and exciting for you to experience in early 2017.

Our focus this year is to deliver an amazing, high-quality basketball game to a global audience. The best way to do that is through the fastest growing, largest, and most accessible gaming platform…mobile. As a team, we’re really excited about taking the franchise to new places with the worldwide release of our mobile game later this year.

More details to follow in the coming months!

Sean O’Brien
Executive Producer, NBA LIVE

benjipwns

« Reply #488 on: June 07, 2016, 05:03:15 AM »
Can preorder NBA 2K17 PC for $40 on GMG with code 20OFF: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/nba-2k17/

Preorder comes with VC and other crap, also game will unlock four days early apparently.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
« Reply #489 on: June 07, 2016, 06:55:00 AM »
Not sure about it considering how dead the servers were on PC
itm

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #490 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:14 PM »
Not sure about it considering how dead the servers were on PC

Cross-platform play like with Rocket League would help PC sports games a lot.
AMC

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #491 on: June 09, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
NBA2k16 crashes to the desktop after I try to advance after playing a game. Whatevs, I had my fun. I'm not going to miss my career character with that ugly face and dumbass voice.

I have over 75,000 VC and nothing to use it on.
©ZH

bluemax

« Reply #492 on: June 10, 2016, 11:47:15 PM »
Played some 8v8 2k with dudes from Madden GAF last night, was a lot of fun. Highlight was CPU Lebron getting a flagrant foul in an All Star game matchup.
NO

benjipwns

« Reply #493 on: September 11, 2016, 02:11:40 AM »
https://twitter.com/Steve_OS/status/774436203005349888

game comes out on friday if you pre-ordered it (it was available for $35-40 on PC a couple times)

pilonv1

« Reply #494 on: September 12, 2016, 08:32:46 AM »
Was very close to getting an Xbone just to play this online, but then came to my senses. Will probably just skip it this year since the PC community is non existant
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #495 on: September 16, 2016, 01:51:23 AM »
https://youtu.be/qP1MoHzkbyU?t=561
dem physics

also lol at not unlockin pc version until 1pm, you only preload 108mb, would have the whole 45+GB by then if preload was like last year

console gets 2gb patch

benjipwns

« Reply #496 on: September 16, 2016, 01:54:29 AM »
(Sidenote: What a shame there isn't more demand for a mode featuring women's basketball. It would be a lot of fun to take on the role of a female athlete playing for a powerhouse like UConn. It'd certainly be a step up from what FIFA attempted a year ago, which was decent but ultimately unexciting).

Stoney Mason

« Reply #497 on: September 19, 2016, 12:05:19 PM »
Played some 2k17. The biggest difference this year seems to be in the quality and variety of animations. That's my initial impression. The game seems a lot more fluid than prior years.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #498 on: September 20, 2016, 06:13:20 PM »
My fantasy draft GM franchise team.

Starters

Conley
JR Smith
Ben Simmons
Ryan Anderson
Bismack Biyombo

Bench

Evan Turner
Jon Leuer
Dellavedova
Marjanovic
Koufas
Dunleavy
Barbosa
Belinelli

I did the draft a few times until I was in a position to get Ben Simmons.  :-[
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:52:46 AM by Stoney Mason »

pilonv1

« Reply #499 on: September 22, 2016, 06:34:40 AM »
I dont want to buy a console for this but I probably will :gloomy
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #500 on: October 05, 2016, 01:21:12 AM »
MyGM with an Expansion Team  :lawd

I've got Leuer and Boban too, though they're currently starting  :lol

I've actually got two of the premade teams in mine, Vancouver Ravens (mine) and St. Louis Sound (I think...another AI team) because I wanted to keep the team numbers even. I played around with MyLeague using all the expansion teams, it's neat how it automatically and pretty accurately readjusts the divisions geographically.

Even more fun is that I went young like the Bobcats did when they drafted, my average age is 24, only drafted three guys over 27, and the team is like 78 rated or something. The St. Louis team just went for all the best players, so they're now the second oldest team in the league and yet only 80 overall. Also they have a bunch of garbage contracts. Allen Crabbe is my highest paid player and only long term deal and he's 24. Also like second highest rated player.

My team is built around Brandon Jennings pick and rolls, Shabazz Muhammed being absurdly overrated shooting wise, and a bunch of shooters. Also Boban and Roy Hibbert being gigantic in size in a timeshare in the middle. And then Tony Wroten just because he's absurd cheese like Terrence Williams used to be.

I love love love the auto-adjusting stats they added last year. The game totals can look weird (since you go from 0 to 3 or whatever) but over the season it averages out.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #501 on: October 05, 2016, 01:44:19 AM »
I feel like you have to be way more careful with minutes and such. My team was getting injured left and right. Not that I'm complaining about it. Just an observation.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #502 on: October 05, 2016, 09:26:52 AM »
You just sold me on this game, benji.  :gladbron
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #503 on: October 05, 2016, 09:27:02 PM »
this is what happens if you have only one expansion team in a draft with no protected players:

benjipwns

« Reply #504 on: October 05, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »
i think the team was like $250 million over the cap or something

Brehvolution

« Reply #505 on: October 06, 2016, 08:46:00 AM »
Was that an auto draft?

Can you manually draft your team?
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #506 on: October 06, 2016, 09:38:13 AM »
Yes. There are two modes now since last year, MyGM and MyLEAGUE. In both you can manually do the expansion draft for the teams you control.

In MyGM you only control one team and are limited by the actual rules (teams can protect eight players, you can only pick one player from a team, etc.), deal with the player/team AI, etc. You go about as if you're doing a standard franchise mode but instead of picking an existing team, you create an expansion team (or up to six) and do an expansion draft before starting the mode.

In MyLEAGUE you can basically customize everything, control all the teams, control all the teams but let the AI do everything, can override anything, etc. For that one I turned off the ability of teams to protect players in the expansion draft and created only one expansion team to see if it actually would draft the best player from 13 teams and what kind of havoc that would create in the league.

I play with one team in MyGM but sometimes will sim some seasons in MyLEAGUE while messing around with stuff like setting the salary cap low and not letting it rise (you wind up with one max contract guy and everyone else making the minimum on every team while half the stars sit out seasons because they can't get a contract they want) or making it so player progression is all messed up so you wind up with rookies averaging like 45ppg because as soon as players hit their third year in the league they start declining and retire after seven or so if they're lucky.

MyLEAGUE also lets you completely replace the teams. You can put all the Euroleague teams in the league or use the classic teams. I messed around last year one night with a league that consisted of all the Bulls, Celtics and Lakers historic teams there were like six Jordan's of different ages in the league. :lol

Brehvolution

« Reply #507 on: October 07, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »
I'm not sure why they changed how you shoot the ball. I'm not entirely sure about the target you are trying to hit ???
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #508 on: October 07, 2016, 06:21:17 PM »
It's the end of the half circle now, like in a golf game, Hot Shots or something. Just imagine it as like before only, they got rid of the whole side you can go past the mark. Now the bar just comes back instead of going past.

It still puts up the indicator when you're timing it right, but it's only after like five shots or something for some reason. The whole shot meter actually looks kinda unfinished at least from a graphical standpoint.

Really, much of the UI stuff is way oversized on the PC version imo. Like the little thing you can put up that has a few player ratings plus their stats. It's gaudy as hell and like four times as big this year, yet the stats are smaller.

2K's always been weird with their UI though, even when they make a good one they ditch it for next year. And then will bring back like half of it.

I can't count how many times they've moved the score from a corner box to a bar and back.

Brehvolution

« Reply #509 on: October 12, 2016, 11:29:16 AM »
Non skippable scenes in my career are stupid. It looks like no matter how you do in your college games, it only effects your draft position and not your starting overall score. Starting that low as a shooting guard sucks because you start out as not very good at shooting or defense. Small forward is much more fun early on at least.

Had one hilarious glitch in practice shooting 3's from a spot. The trainer gave me the ball and the court camera swung 180 degrees and instead of shooting 3's, I had to heave 3 quarter court shots.  :lol
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #510 on: October 12, 2016, 07:40:02 PM »
I put in a patch request to people I know at VC/2K to let you skip the cutscenes a couple days ago. If you could skip Spike Lee's garbage you should be able to skip these!

Though now I kinda want to make like a 6-3 300+ guy just to watch the cutscene where his mom complains about how skinny he is.

If you have existing VC (from anywhere, even just playing a bunch of one minute quarter quick games) you can use it before the draft, the mobile app gives you a decent amount just for checking everyday. I also had some amount from pre-ordering so my guy was like 66 overall when drafted instead of 55 or whatever you start at.

I notice in the college games they started penalizing you for being an epic ballhog, in last years game you could just demand the ball every possession so you put up like 30+ points just from jacking shots every time. The HS games were even more fun in that regard since everybody was like 5-11 and low rated, especially if you had like a 60+ rated 7 footer running around swatting everything then running his own fast break and dunking on everyone. Though those games didn't mean anything in terms of progress they were a fun little twenty minutes.

pilonv1

« Reply #511 on: October 14, 2016, 03:07:58 AM »
Bought an Xbone just to play this online with an actually community and no cheaters

Will probably just end up streaming to my PC to play MyGM :gloomy
itm

pilonv1

« Reply #512 on: October 17, 2016, 04:18:26 AM »
So I made a MyGM league with 2 new expansion teams (Sonics and Vancouver - me) to sim through to and see how it goes.

Ended up signing Clarkson, Lin, Bazemore and Boban in FA, drafted Jamaal Murray and got Leuer, Kyle Anderson and Withey in my expansion draft. The whole season has basically been guys on my team who don't play like JaVale and Ground Jordan complaining about not enough training, then complaining about too much training. I'm just doing the full sim though, might try again now I know what I'm doing. There's a lot of waste of time screens though.
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #513 on: November 06, 2016, 01:10:34 AM »
patch for errybody in 2K17:
GENERAL
HDR support has been added for the PS4.
Support for the PS4 Pro has been added. NBA 2K17 will run at a native 4K resolution at 60 FPS on the Pro.
The Cleveland Cavaliers court floor has been updated to match their new 2016-17 design.
The Golden State Warriors uniforms now have the #42 patch in honor of the late Nate Thurmond.
Authenticity improvements to a large number of uniforms.
You can now use post-release uniforms in Play Now games when using a custom roster.
Post-release shoes will now dynamically appear in your game mode saves when starting a new mode or when using a custom roster created after October 15th.
Users now have the ability to toggle off the ‘Zoom in Paint’ camera option when using the default broadcast camera.
Fixed an issue where the user was unable to unequip certain animation types from their MyPLAYER.
The user can now unequip socks from their MyPLAYER.
Addressed an issue where controller settings would reset after played games online.

GAMEPLAY
Users will no longer be able to prolong MyTEAM Blacktop games by committing reach-in fouls.
The Jamal Crawford double behind-the-back combo size-up move now functions properly when equipped.
Aiming should now be much easier in the broadcast camera for users who use Pro Stick shot aiming.
Disabled shot timing for all shots (including layups, hooks, floaters and heaves) when Shooting Type is set to Real Player %.
Improvements to make catching short passes more reliable.
Dial back pass speeds (especially on longer passes) to achieve better game balance.
“Soften” top front rim ball bounces for more realistic physics-based outcomes.
Reduced the frequency of “ticky tack” shooting fouls on jump shots and layups.
Fixed illegal screens, which were not being triggered in the proper situations.
General improvements to responsiveness, primarily in offball motion.
Improvements to the CPU’s double team logic and general defensive AI decision making.
Addressed a visual issue that would sometimes cause hook shots to branch into jumpshot follow through landing poses.

MyPARK/2K PRO-AM
Teams in Rivet City are again able to grab a Got Next spot while a game is in progress.
Fixed a hang that occurred to some users when they were hopping from one MyPARK to another.
Fixed a number of camera-related issues when shooting free throws during Pro-Am games.
Addressed an issue where some users were unable to use their custom jumpshot in MyPARK.
When editing your Pro-Am court, the backboard logo and wall texture can now be switched back to none/blank.
You can now view the team rosters of each team directly from the Power Rankings menu in Pro-Am.
All of your teammates will now have a unique color indicator when playing Pro-Am.
Grand Badges will now appear on the 2K Card in both MyPARK and Pro-Am.

MyCAREER/MyCOURT
You can now skip through story scenes that you have already watched.
Fixed an issue that would result in the user being unable to play their next game in MyCAREER (a restart is required if you are affected by this).
Fixed a case where some users were not seeing triggered story scenes.
Fixed an issue where some MyCAREER sponsor contracts were not rewarding the user with the correct amount of VC.
Corrected an issue where you could not purchase/equip shoes from your new company when switching shoe endorsements.
Addressed an issue where the phone in MyCAREER would inform the user of a new message when that was not the case.
Fixed a case where the player would get stuck in the line during the Free Throw Golf drill in Live Practice when using specific signature animations.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE
Points of Emphasis have returned to the Gameplan feature! Note that these only affect simulation results.
The Advanced Rotations feature will now scale all rotations to work regardless of your chosen quarter length.
Fixed cases where some approved city names (e.g. Buffalo) were not being permitted through the content filter when moving your team to another city.
Fixed an issue where player attributes were being slightly modified when loading a draft class after the first season.
Injuries will now occur during head-to-head gameplay in MyLEAGUE Online.
Color improvements have been made to the Kansas City Knights uniform.
Fixed a hang that would occur when attempting to use SimCast on the Rising Stars game.
Expansion teams will no longer get unlimited funds in MyGM.
The NBA logo is now located in the correct spot on the shorts when creating a custom uniform.

pilonv1

« Reply #514 on: November 07, 2016, 03:51:29 AM »
Finally fixed relentless finisher :bow2
itm

Brehvolution

« Reply #515 on: November 07, 2016, 04:44:22 PM »
I hope this fixes some of the difficulty issues I have. In myCarreer, if I play on Pro, I'll easily beat the team by 30+. If I bump it to All-Pro, I'll lose by 15-20 almost every time even against bottom tier teams.

Great game though.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #516 on: November 21, 2016, 06:03:57 AM »
Latest update added Steve Nash and some other missing classic team guys. Wish they'd add teams like 2002 Kings and 1985 Sixers back. Especially now that Webber and Barkley are in the game.

pilonv1

« Reply #517 on: November 23, 2016, 06:56:23 AM »
Grinding badges is fucking annoying :fbm
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #518 on: December 02, 2016, 05:25:31 AM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2017, 10:09:28 AM »
I took this picture last night after a game. Read from the bottom up.

:leon
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2017, 04:49:48 PM »
The difficulty spike between all-start and superstar in NBA2K17 is pretty drastic. Shooting is much harder and maybe a little more realistic. I can deal with that. The team defense is just horrid because the computer can't switch right which usually leaves a guy wide open for a shot.
I got 60+ wins on Pro, 60+ wins in each of 2 seasons on all-pro, and now I'm 2-9 to start the season.

What usually happens is the game is close until I'm subbed out late in the 3rd. Come back in sometime in the 4th and it doesn't matter what lead(if any) I sat with. We are always now down by 10+ somewhere in the 4th and the defense can't get the stops needed.

Whatevs, I'll still play.
©ZH

benjipwns

« Reply #521 on: September 17, 2017, 02:27:40 AM »
2K18 in general seems to play better than last year, the AI on offense is definitely more active instead of just pick and rolling, there's a whole new system for setting up how you want your team to operate on offense/defense and the stuff is named after league phrases like "grit and grind" and "seven seconds" and so on...I was messing around with the new classic teams in Pro and the AI was actually decent at that level for the first time since like 2K3.

They also fixed the body types so half the league doesn't look completely emaciated anymore.

MyCAREER is now so bad it's almost good, the story is seriously some hot garbage, after last year being a change in the right direction by stripping that all back, it's right back to stupid story full of terrible characters and stereotypes. Also now instead of menus you log into a tiny open world that you have to physically travel to the different locations for stuff. Luckily you can hop right into the next game from anywhere and don't have to walk back to the arena lol

But if you're the kind of person who has already bought enough VC to max out your player and give him a bunch of tattoos and garbage so you can go play two-on-two it might be more enjoyable than it's ever been.

One cool thing in the open world is the mini arcade basketball shooting game. Like in a bar or arcade or whatever. Too bad it's the farthest away from where you spawn.

Also there's a hilarious bug where no matter what size your player is, when it goes to a cutscene, he immediate becomes like six foot, 165 or something. So you could have a 7-3 350lb giant running around the court and it cuts to a cutscene with the assistant coach is now taller than you. :lol

The story stuff added to MyGM basically just adds more little text discussions and stuff it's not as bad as I feared, you can skip through it for the most part. It just adds this backstory about you being a former injured start player otherwise it operates the same as it has other than adding in that whole SYSTEM COMPATIBILITY thing for the coaching.

Euroleague teams are out. In exchange we get a bundle of new classic teams, especially recent ones like 2001-02 Kings (obvious one to me since Webber is in the game as a commentator) or 2004 Lakers or 2011 Mavs. Along with this there's also now All-Time Teams for every franchise and these include players who don't have corresponding classic teams, for example, Bob Pettit is on the Hawks even though the only Hawks classic teams are from the Nique era and Maravich/Hudson era. And you can put all these teams into the MyLEAGUE mode, I simmed a season with all the All-Time teams replacing the standard ones and it was amusing with multiple LeBrons and Wilts and Shaqs all over the league.

Allen Iverson is the highest rated 76er though. I don't even.

Worst part: STILL NO SHEED. It's like why do they even bother putting these games out.

I dunno, I only pay $40-45 for it every year by getting it on PC and now that PC is an equivalent or superior version there's no gripes on that end of it, though it's still a little weird that the online works totally fine now even in the stupid open world thing

Just wish they would add to MyCAREER each year rather than overhauling it and writing these garbage stories about DJ or FREQ or PRES, especially with the G-League back in the game, instead it's just Streetballer makes the NBA and stars, doesn't even have college and the draft from last year you just pick the team you want and play in some pickup games where you get noticed by a dude from the team

Whatever, well, I spose.

pilonv1

« Reply #522 on: September 17, 2017, 02:41:38 AM »
MyCAREER is now so bad it's almost good, the story is seriously some hot garbage, after last year being a change in the right direction by stripping that all back, it's right back to stupid story full of terrible characters and stereotypes. Also now instead of menus you log into a tiny open world that you have to physically travel to the different locations for stuff. Luckily you can hop right into the next game from anywhere and don't have to walk back to the arena lol

But if you're the kind of person who has already bought enough VC to max out your player and give him a bunch of tattoos and garbage so you can go play two-on-two it might be more enjoyable than it's ever been.

Super annoyed they took out the difficulty level bonus for MyCareer, and they're being cheap fucks by making you pay for haircuts before you can see them on your character, and not putting them in your inventory, meaning you have to buy them every time you want to change. Also they reduced the amount of VC you get from the companion app from up to 1500 or so a day to a max of like 600

Worst part: STILL NO SHEED. It's like why do they even bother putting these games out.

That's not worse than no Andris Biedrins for the 2007 Warriors
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #523 on: September 17, 2017, 02:55:19 AM »
Through one of my contacts at 2K I actually have had that haircut preview thing submitted to their internal checklist. :doge

I had spent all my initial VC and went there the first time for the task with like 15 and was lol wat they're chargin VC for this now too??? :lol

I saw at least four separate dudes running around at the 85 rating cap or above during my 20 minutes in the open world.

Had forgot about the app. But I sorta figured they were going to do something considering just checking that everyday and just tapping through the quick games would give you more than playing six whole games worth of VC. :-\

Plus during the season the game picks could add up quickly.

pilonv1

« Reply #524 on: September 17, 2017, 03:09:02 AM »
The VC bonus shit is terrible because there's no benefit to playing on anything higher than Pro since you need to grind for badges anyway. So instead of 1000-1200 per game with an A+ you get like 600 max.

You get 500 for the daily MyNBA2k games, and 100 as a log in bonus. The card matching game is gone :gurl
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #525 on: September 17, 2017, 07:19:11 AM »
 :rofl card matching game is gone :rofl

i couldn't get it to connect on my phone and was going to try my kindle later so i haven't actually seen it and was just going off last years game, they must make serious bank off of this game in the microtransactions, i was told that just the mobile card game does quite well (though apparently the big moneymaker of those is the WWE one, even the NHL one does well enough that they made a new one this year...and the developer is the same company who made the infamous Carnival Games for the Wii and are making a Carnival Games VR)

and the only good "event" mode for picking up tons of cards to build out a sweet deck, road to the championship, doesn't give you any VC for playing it...i expected that to be gone for more of those matchmaking ones that always crashed the game when they failed to connect

I played a few more games in MyGM and it's basically same as always just expanded a tiny bit here and there as you'd expect (like being able to send guys to the D-League), the little backstory additions are barely in there. The coaching defensive settings seem really important to keeping guards out of the lane (which I have to assume is going to be patched since both sides can abuse it), except they don't save...you have to reset them every game in game. There's no league-wide defaults you can set like you can do with the rotation and stuff. Missing a lot of little eight footers and stuff that were automatic last year, might as well take the extra dribble to penetrate closer since the D seems glad to let you do so.

You don't seem to get the pop-up when players have complaints though, you have to switch to that tab to see them. I'm doing the Suns for my first run (or until I get bored of them...though I kinda love all the ball handlers and multi-position guys) and Eric Bledsoe had dropped to like 40 opinion because he thought I was trying to trade for someone at his position and then I was ignoring him since there was no pop-up. I wish there was an option to say stuff like "Eric, we have like four PGs or combo guards on the roster already, why would I trade for more? I already waived one of them!"

And the weird part is, I didn't even try to trade for anyone yet....

Speaking of spooky stuff. When I was getting my "objective" haircut earlier this other player walking by outside suddenly came through the wall in the middle of the cutscene like he was the frickin Kool-Aid Man then teleported back outside. :lol

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #526 on: September 17, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
Think the biggest 'fuck you' this year is there's an option to give VC to charity  :lol

like we aren't scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is

wish game journalism gave a shit about sports games, the gp would be as outraged as they are about destiny shaders rn

benjipwns

« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2017, 06:12:14 AM »
someone who would know was in the online open world with me earlier pointing out players who walked by and saying how much real world money they probably had spent, especially if they had all kinds of clothes and tattoos and were already at the 85 level cap over $100 is not unlikely

probably won't get any confirmation from people i know there but heard through the grapevine of sports dev contacts that some of 2K's telemetry data indicated that people who stick to the NBA stuff spend barely any real money on the game after purchase, but shifting them into MyPARK and PRO-AM before and now with it really taking over the game with everything trying to push you towards trying all that out they start spending

guy who worked on another sports series until recently said that if 2Ks data looked remotely like his games that the old "hardcore" sports gamer often preorders the basic edition and plays the same old franchise/career modes, the "fan" who buys these deluxe preorders and then spends on all the ingame shit whether it's clothes or trading cards or whatever rarely touches any of the other modes and hasn't been with the series long and may not even care about the real league much (vs. an interest in gear or shoes or whatever) but locks into that one mode and plays tons of it and it's one of the few games they play

benjipwns

« Reply #528 on: September 19, 2017, 06:14:45 AM »
the funniest thing to me is that the gym equipment (that was in the practice facility last year) you have to stand in line for, even though there's no real reason for it other than they put it in the online world part

also the reason you don't have mandatory team practices in mycareer anymore is because it was one of the most hated aspects by players surveyed :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #529 on: October 05, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »

pilonv1

« Reply #530 on: October 25, 2017, 05:25:46 AM »
the funniest thing to me is that the gym equipment (that was in the practice facility last year) you have to stand in line for, even though there's no real reason for it other than they put it in the online world part

I had to wait for that fucking Gatorade reaction test because only one person can do it at a time

also the reason you don't have mandatory team practices in mycareer anymore is because it was one of the most hated aspects by players surveyed :lol

You still have them but they're unannounced during drills :(

I'd love to see the results of players surveyed, everything would be the most hated this year
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #531 on: October 25, 2017, 05:34:39 AM »
I had to wait for that fucking Gatorade reaction test because only one person can do it at a time
One time I went in the gym wasn't for that but I looked back there and there were like five people standing outside the room waiting, and like ten people packed into the room jumping around and doing their taunts and crap. :lol

You still have them but they're unannounced during drills
Yeah, I mean that you don't have to go to them and stuff, they just seem to randomly happen if you to to the practice facility. Stan Van Gundy must not schedule them because for like a months worth of games I kept going in there and we had like one.

benjipwns

« Reply #532 on: October 25, 2017, 05:36:30 AM »
Best part so far is going back to your Court and the stats guy and asian girls improv group is there and you can do the dumb improv game until it runs out of voiceovers.

Though I dread ever going back there because you have to talk to the doorman both in and out. :lol

pilonv1

« Reply #533 on: October 25, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »
I love it when Karl Anthony Towns tells me he's at my place and I show up and no one is there

Or it hangs in the lift

The shoe company meetings are the dirt worst
itm

benjipwns

« Reply #534 on: October 25, 2017, 07:59:51 AM »
my favorite was the thing asking if i wanted to take my drink with me to the press conference

and also how the responses in really every conversation all portray completely different personalities for the character even if you choose the same type over and over

also the fact that you still shrink in every cutscene which i hope they never fix

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #535 on: October 25, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »
I tried getting into 2k a few years back but it never stuck. I was on bestbuy last night and saw I had an expiring $5 cert could get the new live for like $17 so grabbed...wondering now if it was a mistake this morning though. anyone try it?

benjipwns

« Reply #536 on: January 23, 2018, 03:50:39 AM »
how the MLB said FINE we'll make our own baseball game, with blackjack and hookers: https://www.polygon.com/features/2018/1/22/16911760/rbi-baseball-18-ps4-switch-xbox-one-mlb-mlbam-history

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #537 on: January 23, 2018, 11:42:22 PM »
i saw blackjack and hookers and thought the story was gonna mention how the MLBAM CEO was pushed out because of hiring hookers for an all-star game party
AMC