Author Topic: 10 years of xbox  (Read 2401 times)

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
Re: 10 years of xbox
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2011, 11:02:56 PM »
Ninja Gaiden + Black were the best games last gen.  Put 80 hours into DOAUltimate in a week or two as well.  Put in a ton of time into CVS2 and 3rd Strike online as well.  I liked more games on the PS2, but those xbox games were the ones I played most.

having a modded xbox was pretty damn sweet too thanks to XBMC and ripping games so easily.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 10:39:31 AM »
Excuse the bump, but I just got ahold of a quality second hand Xbox :D So far this thing looks very impressing and I haven't even started it up yet!

Immediately opened it up to check out the insides (have v1.6a). I'll start modding it in a minute but for some reason I see this white chewing gum-like gunk sitting on the mobo. Is this normal?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5X97e.png

Of course that isnt normal. Who in their right mind opens up Xboxes and smears chewing gum all over it?
fat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
Excuse the bump, but I just got ahold of a quality second hand Xbox :D So far this thing looks very impressing and I haven't even started it up yet!

Immediately opened it up to check out the insides (have v1.6a). I'll start modding it in a minute but for some reason I see this white chewing gum-like gunk sitting on the mobo. Is this normal?

(Image removed from quote.)

That stuff is normal,you can see it lots of old electronics-some kind of plastics used to secure and insulate things
cat

Jamie

« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2011, 08:37:40 PM »
Thanks for the answers, good to know  :lol

I'm reading up on the ndure hack, probably gonna do it this weekend.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5X97e.png

Of course that isnt normal. Who in their right mind opens up Xboxes and smears chewing gum all over it?

Some people are crazy when they sell stuff, I've seen it before man

Don Flamenco

• FootDiFootDiFootDive
« Reply #64 on: December 23, 2011, 08:51:03 PM »
i once got a ps2 slim that was once a roach nest.   :-\   i read up and apparently it happens-- they like a warm enclosed space.  I wouldn't have known, but I opened it to mod it.  I thought someone spilled a cup of chewing tobacco spit in there, then I noticed the carapaces and barbed legs...

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2011, 02:34:59 AM »
i once got a ps2 slim that was once a roach nest.   :-\   i read up and apparently it happens-- they like a warm enclosed space.  I wouldn't have known, but I opened it to mod it.  I thought someone spilled a cup of chewing tobacco spit in there, then I noticed the carapaces and barbed legs...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'd have had a conniption fit and died.
[close]