Author Topic: ***FAILURE**** MAF's Holiday Ass Crud Challenge *potential spoilers I guess*  (Read 3092 times)

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
<--------------- FAILURE

FUCK ASS CRUD 1- FUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT;

playin saints row 3 and mvc3 instead lulz :*(
o_0

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
<--------------- FAILURE

FUCK ASS CRUD 1- FUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT;

playin saints row 3 and mvc3 instead lulz :*(
Hey it's not your fault it's such a crap game.
Hi

MrAngryFace

thats right! Right?! *sob*
o_0

Bebpo

hahaha

Mupepe

• Icon
AssCrud 1 is an awesome game!!!

2 is good, but not as good as 1.

Didn't play Brotherhood

Revelations is :omg awesome

MrAngryFace

wtf mupepe
o_0

chronovore

• relapsed dev
AssCrud 1 is an awesome game!!!

2 is good, but not as good as 1.

Didn't play Brotherhood

Revelations is :omg awesome

Try replaying 1, Mups. You are awash in nostalgia's seeping juices.

Mupepe

• Icon
NO!  I'll let my nostalgia stay untainted!!!

MAF is the one who convinced me to buy AC1 on this forum :heart  I love that game.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
2 is great because it feels like a full game. 1 is basically about 5-7 hours of gameplay padded out to 12 hours.
itm

Bebpo

More like 2-3 hours.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
NO!  I'll let my nostalgia stay untainted!!!

MAF is the one who convinced me to buy AC1 on this forum :heart  I love that game.

I'll relent, just because I'm afraid of getting your use of the word "taint" anywhere near my phrase "seeping juices."

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
More like 2-3 hours.

You're probably right, I think I was including the flag challenges or something.
itm

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
well i manned up and finished ass crud 2.  the fucking game tried to keep me from doing it tho - the pc version includes both expansion packs, which sounds great until you realize they're both TERRIBLE and they make you play through them right before the last boss. 

anyway, it's an alright game overall.  there's actually not much different between 1 and 2 gamplay-wise, both use the same mechanics, have a similar structure, and even have mostly the same mission types.  it's just that in 2 they put some fucking variety into it, forcing you to use different strategies throughout the game.  it's an ok start but there's so much more room for improvement and you start getting bored before the game is done.  like most open world games they give you an objective, maybe some rules to follow (time limit, don't get spotted) and set you off to use whatever tools you have.  this can be fun, but too often developers dont do the extra legwork of making it more of a challenge.  there's no clever traps or well-placed enemies so you can usually just bludgeon through to get to an unsatisfying conclusion.  i think open-world games as a whole would benefit A LOT if they'd spend the extra time putting some more effort into missions, like say by adding decent a.i., better interior levels, etc. /end rant

ANYWAY, the small amount of variety mixed in with an actual story make the game more compelling but not really more complex.  good game but it's a shame that ubi just said "well that's good enough" and started churning out shitty sequels.  i won't bother with those.

also yay italians
pcp

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
MAF, just power through AssSeed 1, it's not that bad. You're a man!
©@©™

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
don't do it maf!  the series isn't worth it!  just keep playin fun stuff
pcp