Author Topic: 2011: yay, nay, or gay?  (Read 14043 times)

Robo

Re: 2011: yay, nay, or gay?
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 02:38:33 AM »
Definitely ended on a gay note.
obo

drew

• sy
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 03:28:24 AM »
Definitely ended on a gay note.

couldn't have ended on a gayer note than mine, i was involved (ie happened to be walking past) an exploding aerosol can at work (ie one second i'm minding my own damn business the next i'm standing inside a ball of fucking FIRE).  it was a can of vegetable cooking spray that got knocked over and rolled under the flattop.  it singed my stubble, eyelashes, completely "shaved" both forearms, gave me a haircut, and got me pretty good on my hand and arm that was facing it - first degree burns up my entire arm right to where my t shirt started and second degree burns on my hand, took some skin off the tip of my nose too, the ER wrapped me up like a mummy

long story short i really need to get off my ass, finish college, and find a nice safe desk job

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:30:42 AM by drew »

drew

• sy
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 03:15:23 PM »
thanks man

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »
Hey Drew, whatever happened with that one disease you were suffering from (IIRC) earlier in the year? Has that gotten better for you?
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2012, 06:32:15 PM »
2010 was fucking miserable but 2011 shat all over it in terms of being shitty.

so nay

low lights include the earthquake, quitting booze, and a miscarriage

Holy shit, how did I miss this?

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine it.

TakingBackSunday

• Banana Grabber
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »
2011 was the worst year in my life.  Awful girl experiences, had some health scares, my newborn nephew had a stroke and is pretty much stunted from now on (he probably won't ever walk or talk), school was really hard, I've been rejected by 10 jobs that I wanted to get hired at...it's fucking sucked.
püp

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »
so is that nay or gay
AMC

hyp

• Casual Gamer™
2011: yay, nay, or gay?
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
pretty bad ass 2011 for me. 3rd year being self employed, moved the fuck outta the silicon valley and just overall a much higher quality of life. hope everyone has a good 2012, happy new year.
pyh

drew

• sy
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 11:16:44 PM »
Hey Drew, whatever happened with that one disease you were suffering from (IIRC) earlier in the year? Has that gotten better for you?

yeah, the only thing that bothers me now is my hands, my feet bounced back 100% quitting adderall really helped everything, i'm convinced that shit caused all my problems, now i just need to quit smoking and wait the 7 years it'll take for my cells to replace themselves

Also get better Drew!

thanks!  i'm getting more sympathy here than i am at work, all they seem to be worried about is when i can come back

CajoleJuice

• kill me
  • Icon
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »
seriously hope everyone's 2012 is better than their 2011

i'm not off to a good start myself, but 2011 was pretty godawful so i'm hoping somehow i manage to pull it off
AMC

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 11:44:24 PM »
thanks!  i'm getting more sympathy here than i am at work, all they seem to be worried about is when i can come back

That sucks, duder. Shouldn't they be worried about whether or not you're going to sue them?

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2012, 12:34:48 AM »
2011 kinda sucked. My father got sick and passed with a respiratory illness I had never heard of before. I had to take care of him for about 5 months as he got sicker and passed. We always had a not so great relationship and it didn't get any better and only got worse over that final time in many ways unfortuntely. Made me realize how shitty the final days are for anyone as their helth declines. It's not all noble and heartwarming like a made for tv movie.

So yeah 2012 should hopefully be able to top that.

drew

• sy
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:26 AM »
That sucks, duder. Shouldn't they be worried about whether or not you're going to sue them?

thats what my dad just said, i just got off the phone with jew boy and he gave me all kinds of shit about it being the first time he's heard of it.  how is that my fucking problem?