Author Topic: Game  (Read 331085 times)

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Get over yourself.

Although I guess you already died, didn't you?  :-*
乱学者

archie4208

Can you skip normal and start out at nightmare?

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon

No :(

But if you started on Nightmare with a L1 character with no skills you would die on the first zombie pack into Tristram
乱学者

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
I wonder, what are the perks for playing at higher difficulties aside from added challenge? Titan Quest handled this nicely in regards to drops and bosses. Once you reach the last difficulty you start getting relic recipe drops that allow you to make relics from the Gods and you also seeing the absolute best dropped gears.
:9

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I wonder, what are the perks for playing at higher difficulties aside from added challenge? Titan Quest handled this nicely in regards to drops and bosses. Once you reach the last difficulty you start getting relic recipe drops that allow you to make relics from the Gods and you also seeing the absolute best dropped gears.

Different enemy suffixes (so they do different shitty shits to you).
Randomised events that you didnt see in your first playthrough.
New armor tiers.
New recipes and gems I guess.

Watch this vid, the first bit is about this.

Id like to do this too, but alas.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:37:51 PM by Premium Lager »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I played through the demo a 2nd time with my barbarian last night, because I got a yellow sickle for her and now was able to dual wield awesome sickles and also it never really gets old hitting a zombie and then watching them fly off into a chasm or whatever.  She was so kitted out that it was basically like I was some sort of God that beamed down to laugh at a bunch of pitiful zombies n' crap, which makes me excited to try out higher difficulties.

Of course, I'm also excited to open Crazy Uncle Triumph's House of Item Farmin'
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I played through the demo a 2nd time with my barbarian last night, because I got a yellow sickle for her and now was able to dual wield awesome sickles and also it never really gets old hitting a zombie and then watching them fly off into a chasm or whatever.  She was so kitted out that it was basically like I was some sort of God that beamed down to laugh at a bunch of pitiful zombies n' crap, which makes me excited to try out higher difficulties.

Of course, I'm also excited to open Crazy Uncle Triumph's House of Item Farmin'

The weight of the combat is just perfect yeah. Hitting a zombie with the barb is like unfffffff

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
I think I'll try to beat Dungeon Siege 3 before this comes out.

Yeah this ain't gonna happen. After playing for about 30 minutes, I think its absolutely terrible. Nice job Obsidian.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

IM READY :drool

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I think I'll try to beat Dungeon Siege 3 before this comes out.

Yeah this ain't gonna happen. After playing for about 30 minutes, I think its absolutely terrible. Nice job Obsidian.

How I felt when I completed Dungeon Siege III (3:48)

乱学者

Bacchus7

Yeah, I only had a chance to play as the Witch Doctor, and when I beat Leoric for the first time he dropped a godly rare dagger. +8 to life after every kill, 15 dps, unkillable after that. Also, thanks for the info., Himuro, didn't know you could die in the Beta.
DTF

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
Also, thanks for the info., Himuro, didn't know you could die in the Beta.

:lol
乱学者

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Grindan my way to Lv. 13 with my Wizard. Equipped enough items so that I got +24 XP for every kill, and it still took nearly 3 complete runs to get from 10 to 13.
©@©™

Himu

Yeah, I only had a chance to play as the Witch Doctor, and when I beat Leoric for the first time he dropped a godly rare dagger. +8 to life after every kill, 15 dps, unkillable after that. Also, thanks for the info., Himuro, didn't know you could die in the Beta.

You're welcome! Do not join random pub games!
IYKYK

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Did you add your battletag to the list yet DC?

Youre in the UK on the 15th? Stopping by Dublin by any chance for a pint? :P

Human Snorenado

• Icon

You're welcome! Do not join random pub games!

I think you also died when you joined my game as a level 1 and we then did the Jar of Souls event where a google amount of skeletons come out.  Though to be fair, you were level one but yeah.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Oh yeah forgot about that  :o

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
My money would be on Kosma + Dublin putting DC to rights :)
vjj

chronovore

• relapsed dev
My money would be on Kosma + Dublin putting DC to rights :)
My money is on DCharles ordering an iced tea, leaving Kosma alone with the drink, and waking up several hours later in a tub full of ice, missing a kidney.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
I put my $50 gift card on this for pre-order. My body is ready. I wanna run through the game first then you niccas best play with me.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
We need to get some Boresquad D3 teams going on FO SHO
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
what server are we rolling on?

just kidding D3 doesn't have servers. it's a game for cool bros to hang out and play whenever
乱学者

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
We need to get some Boresquad D3 teams going on FO SHO

Boresquad :rock

Eel, I think we are gonna have to get the band back together.
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I'll need to stick to the Euros for timezone purposes

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I'll need to stick to the Euros for timezone purposes

Nonsense, I rarely sleep.
yar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I did see you online during the beta at 10am eurotime, which would be like 4am eastern time there, I was like ":lol :lol :lol" you and Himu both

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
I encountered a new Monster Type after 6 months of beta.

The suffix "Waller" gives mobs the ability to build walls that you cannot shoot or move through. Shit like this will get one killed later on.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:43:57 PM by Premium Lager »

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

Shuri

I loved the first game when I was growing up, and for this one, I think i'm going to jump straight into it Hardcore mode. I've been playing a lot of nethack type stuff lately, and the feeling of perma-death really adds something.

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
Watching the TV spot I totally forgot about Blizzard being kinda known about their CG stuff. Another aspect to look forward and its going to be a blast to see some of the major players in the past with modern CG.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I loved the first game when I was growing up, and for this one, I think i'm going to jump straight into it Hardcore mode. I've been playing a lot of nethack type stuff lately, and the feeling of perma-death really adds something.

I strongly recommend you complete the game on Normal at least once before trying this
乱学者

Brehvolution

What is this perma-death you speak of?
©ZH

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
What is this perma-death you speak of?

Hardcore mode = perma-death

Supposedly there'll be visual perks for players that get far in hardcore mode

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
I wonder if we'll see Himu in hardcore mode?
©@©™

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
He'll be living in the purgatory that is Diablo III - Act 1

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I wonder if we'll see Himu in hardcore mode?
Absolutely not for me. Lag would make this too frustrating for me

Cerveza mas fina

• filler

You have to play through normal first I'm afraid.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
does the pc version support  the 360 controller?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
I don't think natively, but you're going to be pretty screwed as anything but a barbarian if you joypad this

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I don't think natively, but you're going to be pretty screwed as anything but a barbarian if you joypad this

FACT.  Quit being a little bitch and m&kb it up, Arvie.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
A buddy gifted me Torchlight on Steam, and while it's a fun diversion it just lacks some weird intangible element that makes the Diablo games what they are.  Should tide me over for a couple of weeks I guess.
yar

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
A buddy gifted me Torchlight on Steam, and while it's a fun diversion it just lacks some weird intangible element that makes the Diablo games what they are.  Should tide me over for a couple of weeks I guess.

agreed, but Torchlight II should hopefully up the ante and be a real competitor
乱学者

cool breeze

There isn't much the world in Torchlight.  Torchlight 2 is supposed to add a lot more, but it's coming out after Diablo 3 and well...

At least I'll miss having a pet in Diablo 3.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Things Torchlight does better than Diablo:

-packmule/pet
-shared stash AND stash

Absolute worst thing about Torchlight:

-IDENTIFY SCROLLS WTF I MEAN REALLY JUST TELL ME WHAT MY SHIT DOES MOTHERFUCKER
yar

cool breeze

There's an identify spell to help.  Don't remember where you can get it.

Brehvolution

What are your experiences finding legendary items?  I only ask because of the 'randomness of drops' the devs talk about.

What character are you guys going with first? Monk and barbarian really wet my whistle, but I think I'll roll with a monk at first.
©ZH

Himu

Torchlight sucks. That game is incredibly boring beyond belief.

Here's hoping Torchlight 2 is a better product, but I'd rather play a new Diablo clone from the ex Titan Quest guys.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Icon
What are your experiences finding legendary items?  I only ask because of the 'randomness of drops' the devs talk about.

What character are you guys going with first? Monk and barbarian really wet my whistle, but I think I'll roll with a monk at first.

Same here, likely a Barbarian because I like seeing enemies fly all over the screen when I whomp on them.  I'm a simple man.

Himu- I wouldn't say it "sucks" but it definitely suffers from a case of "not Diablo-itis"
yar

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Diablo 2 > Titan Quest > Diablo 1 > Sacred 2 > Torchlight > Path of Exile
dog

Himu

TITAN QUEST :bow
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I hope Grim Dawn turns out well.
dog

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
Me too, the idea of a dark open world arpg is cool.

Brehvolution

I have to say that the production values of this game, so far, are second to none. When is the last time you have seen a commercial for a PC game?
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
People seem to have forgotten that Blizzard can make a kick ass game.  I guess it's understandable because, you know, pandas n' shit.
yar

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
trying to pre-order the digital DL now but blizzard.com seems to be hosed
vjj

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
People seem to have forgotten that Blizzard can make a kick ass game.  I guess it's understandable because, you know, pandas n' shit.

it's been a looooooong time.  even warcraft 3 was pretty damn underwhelming
pcp

Human Snorenado

• Icon
SC2 is quality... obviously it comes down to preference and since I don't like RTS games so much (and don't even see mmorpgs as actual games) I'd prefer it if they did nothing but Diablo games but what can ya do.
yar

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
oops i always forget about sc2.  if a company's gonna put out a non-pirateable $60 game and expect me to bite then it's gonna have to be in a genre i really love, and i don't love rts

sc1 was tons of fun back in the day, til the multiplayer scene got too crazy for normal-thinking people to keep up with
pcp

Himu

it's been a looooooong time.  even warcraft 3 was pretty damn underwhelming

I really like WC3 though I admit it's not for everyone. I love the story and the rpg elements. I wish Blizz would make a new Warcraft. :(

Is WC2 still worth playing?
IYKYK