Re: Diablo III Thread - Blizzcon Updates
« Reply #3661 on: November 03, 2018, 06:03:32 AM »
Blizzard is dead

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #3662 on: November 03, 2018, 06:27:57 AM »
Has Blizzard been working on much besides Overwatch updates and content? WoW expansion came out this year I think too? Probably some Hearthstone stuff too.

Overwatch League is the worst thing to happen to that game and Blizzard's priorities. Starcraft 2 was pushed as a very competitive game by Blizzard, but it didn't feel like all their energy went into fostering a competitive community, unlike Overwatch.

Who knows, all I know is Diablo 3 is nearing being 7 years old and some sort of sequel or remake coming out towards the end of this gen, when there's millions of consoles out there, seems like a safe bet financially.

They're working on D4. They've been filling a bunch of internal positions that have been advertised for "unlisted diablo project" so yeah. The mobile game is done by another Dev using assets that already existed; maybe they got some help from Team 3 members but if they did it wasn't a lot and that team is in maintenance mode anyway with not a lot to do unless they're working on D4.

I actually don't HATE that this exists, but Blizzard is increasingly tone deaf to what their fanbases want, Diablo fans in particular. After the not so great D3 launch and everything that came with it (auction house, perceived shittiness of the game's mechanics compared to D2, butthurt fans that got a sad because Deckard Cain got killed, etc etc) announcing this before D4 is super dumb. Especially because the big rumor heading into Blizzcon 2 weeks ago was a D4 reveal, but then that got toned down to "probably a HD D2 remake" which riled up that SPECIFIC section of the fanbase that loved D2 so much, then to give them this instead... I'm not saying they're not lunatics, but I understand where they're coming from.

People that have actually played the game seemed to like it ok for what it is, but it seems more focused on multiplayer almost to a necessity which I dislike, and I don't like gaming on mobile other than menu based rpgs, so I highly doubt I'm going to play this. I feel kinda bad for Wyatt Cheng, he's the closest thing to a Diablo founding father still left at Blizzard and had to announce this, lulz.
yar

Dennis

« Reply #3663 on: November 03, 2018, 07:23:43 AM »
oooh no Blizzard baby what is you doing?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3664 on: November 03, 2018, 08:47:32 AM »
Kripp doesn't hate it but he's been playing mobile games for years now :teehee YOU GOT SOFT OLD MAN

yar

Freyj

« Reply #3665 on: November 03, 2018, 11:08:09 AM »
“I’m in the best guild in the world for Dungeon Hunters Champions”

oh word

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3666 on: November 03, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
Diablo on PC has always been a clunky controlling game, so I'm okay with them replacing clickclickclickclickclickclickclick with taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap. I'm definitely more likely to play this than a full Diablo 4. As far as everyone online bitching about it being "too casual", bitch you are playing Diablo not a proper RPG so shaddup. It was already casual.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3667 on: November 03, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »
Bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine.  That dumb con got its new Diablo announcement and an Overwatch reveal.  Didn't they announce a remaster of Warcraft III too?  What more were people expecting?  Diablo IV will be revealed at something bigger.
:idont
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3668 on: November 03, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »
Bitch bitch bitch whine whine whine.  That dumb con got its new Diablo announcement and an Overwatch reveal.  Didn't they announce a remaster of Warcraft III too?  What more were people expecting?  Diablo IV will be revealed at something bigger.
:idont
Remaster of War3 (but not Frozen Throne so that'll be another $30 which I find funny), lots of new WoW details, Classic WoW release date, new OW character announced and a second one teased, new HOTS hero and major patch, new Hearthstone expansion, and mobile Diablo. If anything Starcraft fans should be annoyed cause they basically didn't get shit. Plus everyone gets Destiny 2 for free, so that's kinda neat.

Plus all that above content except for War3 and Hearthstone is free or included with a WoW subscription, but yeah I guess Blizzard is the new EA charging you for everything and out to screw their players or whatever.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:13:56 PM by nachobro »

Freyj

« Reply #3669 on: November 03, 2018, 12:17:31 PM »
You got em. They’ve been got.

BobFromPikeCreek

« Reply #3670 on: November 03, 2018, 12:48:23 PM »
What? Blizzard announced an outsourced mobile game that in no way impacts the development of Diablo 4? Riot! Gamers rise up!

::) ::) ::)
zzzzz

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #3671 on: November 03, 2018, 01:23:46 PM »
Wow classic is legit the only good news

I never understood why Bliz havent made a game yet thats based on WoWs battlegrounds, for people that love pvp

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3672 on: November 03, 2018, 03:01:47 PM »
they have two of them actually, wow and wow classic :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #3674 on: November 03, 2018, 04:32:37 PM »
This will probably be trash, because it’s a mobile game, but if blizz showed that exact same trailer with “coming to pc in 2019” I’ve no doubt that they would have jizzed their pants. From the video, the gameplay didn’t look THAT bad.

Making it China focused seems like a risk though. Aren’t they not allowing new games to be released in a China right now?

They should have went with their heart and release Diablo: Puzzle Quest.

Freyj

« Reply #3675 on: November 03, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
This will probably be trash, because it’s a mobile game, but if blizz showed that exact same trailer with “coming to pc in 2019” I’ve no doubt that they would have jizzed their pants. From the video, the gameplay didn’t look THAT bad.

Making it China focused seems like a risk though. Aren’t they not allowing new games to be released in a China right now?

They should have went with their heart and release Diablo: Puzzle Quest.

They’re in luck: it’s not a new game.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3676 on: November 04, 2018, 04:50:15 AM »
Tbf no one gave nintendo shit when they released mario 2

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3677 on: November 04, 2018, 04:19:01 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3678 on: November 04, 2018, 05:05:19 PM »
https://kotaku.com/blizzard-says-it-wasnt-expecting-fans-to-be-this-angry-1830204721

Speaking to Kotaku in an interview at BlizzCon, executive producer and Blizzard co-founder Allen Adham admitted that Blizzard was expecting some backlash, but “not to this degree.”

“We know our audience here is passionately PC- and console-focused,” he said. “We’ve also seen this before. We saw a similar response when we announced that we were bringing Diablo to console, and we saw a similar response to the announcement of Hearthstone.”

Is this true?

But, of course, there’s also the elephant-sized lord of darkness and torment in the room: People thought they were going to see Diablo IV. “That being said, we knew our audience here desperately wants to see and hear about one thing in particular,” Adham said in reference to whatever major Diablo game is coming after Diablo III.

:mindblown 

THEN WHY DID YOU ANNOUNCE THIS MOBILE GAME AT THIS CON!?
:kinison
ど助平

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3679 on: November 04, 2018, 05:36:07 PM »
"We saw a similar response when we announced that we were bringing Diablo to console"

Fucking hell if that's true, people were hyped about it, plus the console version is pretty damn good.

Freyj

« Reply #3680 on: November 04, 2018, 05:57:39 PM »
Hearthstone was strategically announced at like Gamescom or something wasn’t it? And despite the monetization Hearthstone was/is a quality internally developed product that wasn’t a Mobile only thing.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3681 on: November 04, 2018, 06:10:39 PM »
"We saw a similar response when we announced that we were bringing Diablo to console"

Fucking hell if that's true, people were hyped about it, plus the console version is pretty damn good.

Been playing it on Switch.  Is my first-time through!  Had it very briefly on PS4 a few years ago but it just didn't click with me at the time.
ど助平

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #3682 on: November 04, 2018, 06:51:05 PM »
Blizzard and Bethesda fans are the fucking worst though. JFC.

Also, is it just me or would most of you prefer more D3 DLC vs. D4? I think D3 is still in a great space and expanding on it is preferable to starting over.
◕‿◕

Valkyrie

• Good Christian
« Reply #3683 on: November 04, 2018, 07:16:47 PM »
The problem with adding more content to D3 is that it’s already at a very good place, and there isn’t much worthy you’d be able to add to gain back interest because of how repetitive it becomes once you’ve already played it a lot.

Diablo 4 has a lot of potential, they could make it an ARPG with a different system, and get away with it if it’s good. D3 is the modern Diablo game so we could do with something extra like I dunno, focus on different things in game (on top of fresh graphics, lore and what not). More focus on the bosses would be cool, boss specific loot and variated dungeon systems. Lota of ways to make D4 work. But D3 kinda just need to die out already. lmao

naff

« Reply #3684 on: November 04, 2018, 09:00:20 PM »
Iterative updates to an existing game can be pretty expansive though, see: WoW and Path of Exile. Tho new Diablo that begins impressive might be important for those too burnt to return, however throwing away the careful balancing that has made D3 so great in old age seems like a waste. My take is iterative updates make a lot more sense in 2018 for a game like Diablo that overhaul content leaving the core game in tact.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #3685 on: November 04, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »
Of course, D4 could just take D3 and iterate on it vs completely overhauling it's systems but then: Why D4 instead of just a D3 update?
◕‿◕

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3686 on: November 04, 2018, 09:21:13 PM »
They have to adopt a different art style if they want fans to get hype again. I think we're already seeing that in this mobile game art/design. The rumored netflix animated show will probably push us further away from D3's sort of grim fantasy tales aesthetic at as well. Then we'll get D4 (and probably a remastered D2) when nostalgia for classic diablo approaches it's zenith.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3687 on: November 05, 2018, 12:48:03 AM »
There was definitely a negative reaction to D3 on console when it was announced from "true Diablo fans," whatever that is. Which is funny because the guy who led the console development (Josh Mosqueira) ended up leading Reaper of Souls and IMO "saving" D3 with a lot of design choices that were missing initially (smart loot, endgame rifts, etc)

That said, it wasn't to the extent that this is. And like I said- I don't necessarily AGREE with everything that these lunatics are saying but I understand where they're coming from. After everything that's happened with D3, with Diablo basically being the red headed stepchild of Blizz franchises (fucking Heroes of the Storm gets more attention these days) announcing a MOBILE GAME in the franchise at your home convention filled with hardcore Blizz fans is malpractice.
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3688 on: November 05, 2018, 02:36:40 AM »
I want Diablo 4 to return to the roots of 1.

Slower pace, hard single player campaign, dark.

No more twin stick shooter og lazerbeemz time trial gameplay.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3689 on: November 05, 2018, 04:12:25 AM »

They also never did that before.

*Boots up PS1*

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3690 on: November 05, 2018, 05:16:58 AM »
D3 plays better with a pad

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #3691 on: November 05, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »
There was definitely a negative reaction to D3 on console when it was announced from "true Diablo fans," whatever that is. Which is funny because the guy who led the console development (Josh Mosqueira) ended up leading Reaper of Souls and IMO "saving" D3 with a lot of design choices that were missing initially (smart loot, endgame rifts, etc)

That said, it wasn't to the extent that this is. And like I said- I don't necessarily AGREE with everything that these lunatics are saying but I understand where they're coming from. After everything that's happened with D3, with Diablo basically being the red headed stepchild of Blizz franchises (fucking Heroes of the Storm gets more attention these days) announcing a MOBILE GAME in the franchise at your home convention filled with hardcore Blizz fans is malpractice.

Yeah, I mean I think we can all agree that throwing a complete spergfit over any video game or entertainment property in general is a bad look, but at the same time, this is probably gonna suck and I don’t know what they were thinking showing this off at Blizzcon. It’s not toxic masculinity to notice what a landfill the mobile market has become.
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3692 on: November 05, 2018, 09:26:42 AM »
They also never did that before.

*Boots up PS1*
The save took up an entire memory card. :lol

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #3693 on: November 05, 2018, 04:08:13 PM »
yar

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3694 on: November 05, 2018, 05:32:58 PM »
 :rollsafe
©@©™

Freyj

« Reply #3695 on: November 05, 2018, 05:33:41 PM »
Some rough times over at Blizzard. Battle for Azeroth is a retention disaster that'll probably hit them worse than Warlords of Draenor did. If they can't pull off another Legion level course correction with whatever 9.0 is that's bad news for retail World of Warcraft. Good news for anyone that wants Wrath Classic tho.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #3696 on: November 07, 2018, 11:34:33 AM »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #3697 on: December 16, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
Diablo III Switch is $40 this weekend @ Amazon/BB/GS. $32 at BB if you still have an active Gamer Club.
©@©™

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3698 on: December 17, 2018, 11:58:07 AM »
Ive put a lot of time into D3 on Switch, think I finally get the game after hundreds if hours played

Still hope D4 is more like D1 (lol never will happen)

naff

« Reply #3699 on: December 17, 2018, 02:37:51 PM »
lol, the nostalgia goggles. when was the last time you played D1?
◕‿◕

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #3700 on: December 17, 2018, 02:57:47 PM »
Its not nostalgia goggles, d1 is a different experience and concept.