can't play for 4 1/2 more hours

:fbm

watches vids of people playing d3 instead

has no life

yar

cool breeze

So is there any point to equipping the monk with a sword and shield?

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
can't play for 4 1/2 more hours

watches vids of people playing d3 instead

has no life

Not having to deal with issues making lesser folks MAD = win
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Nah, I just had to work today.  I definitely would have liked to have played the game more, but whatever.  As long as these issues don't keep up, I'm a forgiving sort...
yar

Himu

Someone name a game that is a serious contender for d3's title of goty
IYKYK

MrAngryFace

issues are almost non-existent now from what I can tell- auth servers never went down- but instead taken down- then they had a couple hour-two hour maintenance periods today to improve the experience.
o_0

Human Snorenado

• Icon

...Baldur's Gate 2 ipad re-release?
yar

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
issues are almost non-existent now from what I can tell- auth servers never went down- but instead taken down- then they had a couple hour-two hour maintenance periods today to improve the experience.

error 3003
sup

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
just finished playing for like 3 hours.  made it through most of act 1, i figure.  my eyes are fucking dried out and sore.  i haven't felt like this since starcraft 1.  dear blizzard, i love you guys
pcp

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
no errors for me besides the occasional small bit of lag btw
pcp

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
error 75
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
error 37
sup

MrAngryFace

well it was working earlier- sorry :/
o_0

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
error 61
sup

drew

• sy
well, shit. it won't install on my MBP because I guess you have to have snow leopard, on top of that my XP partition would run it but it's fucked (system 32). drove 45 minutes and paid a 6 dollar toll fee to go get this shit too ( down in Florida on vaca). FML
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:32:25 PM by drew »

Himu

i have explored every nook and cranny in cathedral lv 2. why is it not checking off exploring it in the achievements list
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
error 75
sup

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Just got booted before this
spoiler (click to show/hide)
spider queen
[close]
dying on my next blow to it. Are you kidding me?  :maf
©ZH

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
error 3003

anyway I really like the intro screen music, perhaps because I've spent so much time trying to log in. It reminds me of the Coppola Dracula score, which I love

Vizzys

• green hair connoisseur
ya i lost connection just now :(

luckily i was in town
萌え~

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Game is a nice set of tits to rest my head on though. 10/10

My monk is a bad ass.

I have a nice rare helm that I found though I'm not using it at the moment.
©ZH

cool breeze

The launch is pretty weak.  I'm sure when everything is unfucked the online won't be like this, but it's basically all the complainers' fears realized.

It wouldn't hurt if it were a shitty game  :'(

Himu

my game was terminated :wtf :(
IYKYK

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
The launch is pretty weak.  I'm sure when everything is unfucked the online won't be like this, but it's basically all the complainers' fears realized.

It will all most likely be fixed in a couple of days if not hopefully tomorrow but yeah, its kinda lame what's going on for a single player game. I remember the co-op stuff was utterly fucked for Diablo 2 when it launched but the single player stuff I seem to remember working fine.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Well, you get increased attack and defense, for one thing.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Fuck it, I give up. Wish I'd just saved my money for right now and gotten Max Payne or something instead. Say what you want, but not being able to just play my $60 game by myself for a few minutes without Auctions or Grouping or whatever is straight bullshit. Lesson learned. I'll never buy another game which requires a constant online connection to play by yourself.
sup

Brehvolution

I'd show you my character but the whole shit is down. This is bullshit and no one should be defending it.  :maf
©ZH

Brehvolution

Fuck it, I give up. Wish I'd just saved my money for right now and gotten Max Payne or something instead. Say what you want, but not being able to just play my $60 game by myself for a few minutes without Auctions or Grouping or whatever is straight bullshit. Lesson learned. I'll never buy another game which requires a constant online connection to play by yourself.

+1
©ZH

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator

Welcome to the future of videogames.
dog

Himu

bnet is down for maintenance again
IYKYK

Himu

bullshit. if this were infinity ward or someone NOT blizz or valve, they would be absolutely crucified for this launch.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual

they can have it, then

it's a good thing there's only like a million other things to do in the world besides play video games
sup

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
Was adventuring away with Treesong there but we got kicked off I think.  Will try again in a bit. Got a 4hr window for killin' and lootin' here

vjj

Brehvolution

Gonna play some xbox now cause it don't pull this shit. :middlefingertoblizzard
©ZH

cool breeze

Well, you get increased attack and defense, for one thing.

yeah, I figured.  Something about how he carries them around, then sheathes to attack (with his fists WITH HIS FISTS  :punch) makes them seem useless.

Female Monk is actually my favorite looking character, or male Wizard.  I'm playing male Monk because I like his voice and beard and beard and beard and beard.

Damian79

bullshit. if this were infinity ward or someone NOT blizz or valve, they would be absolutely crucified for this launch.

If it were someone else doing it they wouldnt have the servers down so much because not many people would be playing it.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Shit better be fixed in 3 hours, daddy needs loot

But yeah, this shit is really inexcusable Blizzard.  :wag
yar

Himu

If it were someone else doing it they wouldnt have the servers down so much because not many people would be playing it.

That's completely incorrect, especially since i brought up the makers of cod
IYKYK

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
lvl 15 Wizard btw

I have Creepy Old Guy's '10 points for Gryffindor, bitch!' permanently on loop in my head now :lol
vjj

Human Snorenado

• Icon
lvl 15 Wizard btw

I have Creepy Old Guy's '10 points for Gryffindor, bitch!' permanently on loop in my head now :lol

:fistbump

Lv 12 here, I'm sure if it weren't for server issues and having to work I would have beaten the stupid thing.  Fortunately I'm hopped up on caffeine so I will be playing the shit out of it tonight if I'm able to.  I need to level mah blacksmith!

Also, there's something really satisfying about playing as a wizard.  Charging into a mob, freezing them, then shattering their stupid asses with a force wave is awesome.
yar

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
The freeze and force wave help EVERYBODY.

Unfortunately my current set-up is really weak defensively so can't afford to use freeze - have to have diamond skin or whatever on basically permanently.

I've played such a crazy mish-mash of other people's games that I've barely had time to think about gear or load-out or whatever. Just grab whatever shit is lying around and go :lol
vjj

Cormacaroni

• Poster of the Forever
vjj

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I can't believe they thought they had this covered.
itm

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck

tribes

Damian79

That's completely incorrect, especially since i brought up the makers of cod

You do know that infinity ward are no longer with ther publisher right?

http://www.tek-9.org/news/call_of_duty_legal_warfare-2610.html

Himu

No shit. It was just an example.
IYKYK

Damian79

I am confused, are you trying to say that a big name game cant get away with bs like this?  WoW before it got big had the same problem.  Look where they are now.

Stoney Mason

He's simply saying that when a forum favorite has these issues many people look the other way (Not on a place like the bore) But when it happens to companies, games, or devs, forums love to bash then they are all over it with the pitchforks.

He's right for the most part.

Himu

I also said anyone NOT Blizz or Valve.
IYKYK

Himu

He's simply saying that when a forum favorite has these issues many people look the other way (Not on a place like the bore) But when it happens to companies, games, or devs, forums love to bash then they are all over it with the pitchforks.

It's not just forums. It's also the media. They won't care to write slander pieces because they get free shit.
IYKYK

Damian79

Oh, then he is right.  Carry on.

It's not just forums. It's also the media. They won't care to write slander pieces because they get free shit.

Um the media is ripping blizz a new whoel with bad publicity on the web.  Not that anyone cares.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 12:11:29 AM by Damian79 »

Stoney Mason

I agree about the media in a general sense but it has less to do with free shit and more to do with them sharing the same biases as the type of people who populate forums.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

Also, there's something really satisfying about playing as a wizard.  Charging into a mob, freezing them, then shattering their stupid asses with a force wave is awesome.

my game tonight had three wizards, all lvl 15 when we finished.  it was embarrassing how easy the game was, even on bosses or mobs :lol we all took turns freezing them and blasting them with that big-ass nova shot
pcp

Damian79

I dont care what you guys say witch doctor is so much better than any other class because of minions.  I put on elective mode o i am going to get the 3 zombie dogs, a gargantuan zombie and for boss fights the fetish that gives attack and movespeed and a fetish army for 20 seconds.

Damian79

my game tonight had three wizards, all lvl 15 when we finished.  it was embarrassing how easy the game was, even on bosses or mobs :lol we all took turns freezing them and blasting them with that big-ass nova shot

Um the game gets harder after the
butcher
[close]
fight.

Bacchus7

My only complaint is that you can't hotkey skills to f-keys. Right now with my level 27 wizard, the way I have her geared, i can't fit meteor into my 6 slots, as much as I would love to have it for certain situations; I need everything else in there. OHHHH WELL.
DTF

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
The complaints over the new BNet and the general online requirement are nothing new; SC2 fans have been complaining about this for two years. It is what it is. Blizzard felt like they lost control of some of their games to a certain extent last time, from piracy to the esports cash cow. Whether we like it or not, they aren't going back to the old way of doing things anytime soon. Persistent online play is here to stay, and people will continue to purchase their games and support their franchises.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa

Um the game gets harder after the
butcher
[close]
fight.

good, because that's where i left off

that fight was the first real challenge in the game
pcp

FatalT

Here's a good link for you shitlords to have: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

I'm being a shitlord about the whole Americas getting screwed in the butthole too so don't worry.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
WTF IS THIS BULLSHIT, KICK THEM DURTY AZNS OFF

USA, USA, USA
yar