Author Topic: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Get em before they are gone. License lost)  (Read 38450 times)

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Black Lagoon and Black Knight out on ios)
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2012, 08:17:25 PM »
If the Wii ain't running Pinball Arcade I'm assuming the 3DS ain't happening

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2012, 09:24:24 PM »
I thought it was? Maybe im confusing it with vita
o_0

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #122 on: July 31, 2012, 02:32:12 PM »
Brace for it 360 players - add-on packs 1 and 2 should be released today! The update for the launch tables is schedule for August 2nd

Finally.

Add on Packs 1 and 2 are

Medieval Madness 
Bride of PinBot
Cirqus Voltaire
Funhouse

Stoney Mason

« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2012, 11:12:56 PM »
Got all 4 and played them for a good bit.

Medieval Madness 
Bride of PinBot
Cirqus Voltaire

all are great to me. Really fun tables.

I don't like Funhouse so much, but that's mainly because of the theme and that I find the music annoying for the table.

Man 60 fps rock solid is why I have to play these on the 360 versus the ipad. Just too good.

One table crashed on me and one table locked up on the post game high school table. Hopefully that doesn't happen to often with the new tables. Otherwise I'm quite happy with them.

Preview of upcoming Table Pack #3 on 360.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:27:13 PM by Stoney Mason »

Stoney Mason

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Table Pack #1 and #2 DLC out for 360)
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2012, 03:24:07 PM »
Preview of upcoming Table Pack #3 on 360.

ferrarimanf355

• I have the cutest car on The Bore
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
They couldn't put Monster Bash and Creature From The Black Lagoon into the same pack and release it on Halloween? That would have been good marketing.

Eh, as long as Twilight Zone comes out soon I'll be happy.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #126 on: August 15, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »
Anyone know what the next batch of tables is supposed to be?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2012, 06:53:37 PM »
Anyone know what the next batch of tables is supposed to be?

Pack 3 was up temporarily yesterday on 360 and then taken down for some reason.

:-\

Stoney Mason

Stoney Mason

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Kickstarter: Star Trek The Next Generation)
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »
Two table add-on pack #3: Gorgar™ (1979) and Monster Bash™ (1998)

out for 360 now

Stoney Mason

« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2012, 03:11:26 PM »

Table Pack #5

Sho Nuff

« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2012, 12:37:47 PM »
This was supposed to be out last week but they fucked up and it's delayed another 10 days.

They also did a new PS3 release and fucked up and it's unplayable unless you choose certain screen resolutions.

I love the work these guys do, but my god they need to make some changes regarding testing/cert.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #132 on: September 10, 2012, 12:08:53 AM »
Seeing Taxi and Harley Davidson just makes me want Red and Ted's Road Show even more. :(

Bebpo

« Reply #133 on: September 14, 2012, 03:16:58 AM »
I went to the PSN store and felt like buying things so I picked up all the DLC tables, booted the game, it installed the latest patch...and now I get a black screen that freezes my PS3 everytime I try to launch the game!

F%^K

I will try again in 6 months and see if the game at least starts.  I mean, I was expecting glitches of the highest magnitude based off my experience with the game 6 months prior, but THE GAME NOT EVEN STARTING is kind of a major one.  Wtf!

Sho Nuff

« Reply #134 on: September 14, 2012, 08:47:46 AM »
Jesus Christ these guys are clueless. What's your display resolution?

Stoney Mason

« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Steam Greenlight PC version)
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2012, 11:15:32 AM »
upvoted
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #137 on: September 14, 2012, 01:28:10 PM »
Jesus Christ these guys are clueless. What's your display resolution?

1080p. 

Seems like a common thing after the last patch (https://www.google.com/search?q=pinball+arcade+ps3+black+screen&rlz=1C1_____enUS495US495&sugexp=chrome,mod=19&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8)

It also seems like you can fix it by deleting the game, deleting your DLC table downloads, re-installing the game, updating, then installing the DLC tables post-update patch.  Will try it out over the weekend and see if that works.  Also there may be another patch coming with the next set of DLC tables in 11 days so might just wait it out and see if that fixes it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95907686

Steam Greenlight for Pinball Arcade.

Would be nice.  Should run the smoothest and be the easiest to patch and fix.

Will be a little irked to rebuy the tables on another platform, but if it's a great superior version I'd just make that my main platform like it was supposed to be when this was announced.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 01:30:43 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2012, 12:36:03 AM »
Alright, that fixed it.

So the PS3 bug is basically if you download and install the DLC tables BEFORE the latest update it'll brick the game on boot.  You gotta update to the latest version of the game THEN download and install the DLC tables.

Time to get some tables in this weekend!

Bebpo

« Reply #139 on: September 20, 2012, 08:51:02 PM »
So Pinball Arcade doesn't get approved for steam

But Dream Pinball makes it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/215790/

???

Sho Nuff

« Reply #140 on: September 21, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »
It's starting to look more to me that Steam turned it down for being a buggy pile of fuck.

It is a buggy POS and their constant screwups on every single platform have eradicated any remaining goodwill I have towards them, as much as I love their simulation engine.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #141 on: September 21, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »
Yeah my opinion on farsight keep changing because of their on going incompetence. What's sad is I've given them a lot of money to get some tables I feel deserve to be available to everyone. Especially when you promise a top notch reproduction you don't want it to fall apart at the seems. Top that off with their lack of communication and outreach when it has come to their two kickstarters. They seem like lazy assholes that don't want any real connection to the community they so desperately need to continue making their games.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #142 on: September 21, 2012, 10:40:42 AM »
It's ashame with the bug issues. I can certainly understand the frustration if you're on a platform that has been plagued with a lot of the bugs. The 360 version for me has mostly been pain free except for the slow pace of the update tables. So in that sense I haven't had a lot of these issues.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #143 on: September 21, 2012, 10:45:50 AM »
The 360 version for me has mostly been pain free except for the slow pace of the update tables. So in that sense I haven't had a lot of these issues.

While the 360 version does have some bugs its far less prone to them cause farsight actually sends the content off to M$ not only for certification but also implementation into the game. My understanding is once they have "finished" the tables they are sent over and then M$ put it through the paces and puts it into the game. Zen Pinball does the same thing, it has something to do with the way that kind of content is delivered as DLC in the marketplace.

PS3, IOS, ANDROID are fucked! And I love having the portable versions of these games damnit.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #144 on: September 21, 2012, 07:41:43 PM »
Yeah, they fucked up their iOS deliveries to the point where they said fuck it and are just skipping a month of table releases.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2012, 08:25:16 PM »

Sho Nuff

« Reply #146 on: September 27, 2012, 08:32:56 PM »
The new update just hit. My previously purchased tables are there, but I'm unable to buy the new tables because the program insists I am not connected to the Internet.

Farsight really redefines incompetence every single time they put anything out on any platform.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2012, 02:52:25 AM »
According to their Facebook it's a problem on Apple's end.  Seems reliable!

For some reason it always seems to be the platform holder's fault when an update goes sour.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2012, 09:17:57 AM »
All right the new tables are now obtainable.

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
picked em up last night- haven't played them yet
o_0

Stoney Mason

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Twilight Zone out on ios)
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:15 PM »
Twilight zone is out on iOS. If you kickstarted you just have to log out and then log back in.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 06:39:40 PM by Stoney Mason »

Sho Nuff

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2012, 06:41:26 PM »
TWILIGHT ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

Stoney Mason

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »
Also if you are wondering why the 360 version hasn't received any DLC in forever this was posted on Halloween but I forgot to post it in this thread.

The following is our X-Box announcement from our newsletter:

FarSight offers its apologies for the delays in releasing additional content for the Xbox 360 of Pinball Arcade. We want to assure 360 players that these delays are temporary and we fully intend to continue supporting this console. The issues are not the fault of Microsoft nor are they due to the title update procedure. The 360 is the only platform that we cannot publish on directly. Selling digital content requires a current Publishing License Agreement (PLA) with Microsoft to release games. We are working through complications regarding our publisher Crave Entertainment filing bankruptcy. At this moment, we are not able to submit new content. However, we expect to start rolling out the updates shortly and catch the Table Pack releases on 360 up to the other platforms within a few months.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »
Apparently they completely screwed up the kickstarter rewards, they didn't ask anyone for their info, they just assumed that their email addresses for their apple ID and Farsight ID shit were the same, if they aren't then you're SOL.  Lots of pissed people in the comments.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2012, 11:45:52 PM »
 :lol

Fortunately mine was the same.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2012, 02:17:11 AM »
Apparently they completely screwed up the kickstarter rewards, they didn't ask anyone for their info, they just assumed that their email addresses for their apple ID and Farsight ID shit were the same, if they aren't then you're SOL.  Lots of pissed people in the comments.

This is EXACTLY why I didn't kick in any money. Their simulations are great but they in no way have their shit together and have pulled plenty of unacceptable fuckups just like this.

Twilight Zone table is god tier btw

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:38 AM »
Dunno if any of you guys play Future Pinball, but a friend of mine made an awesome game with it. It's called Junkyard Cats and he did everything himself, including some awesome early 90's sounding music.

http://junkyardcats.net/
^_^

Stoney Mason

« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2012, 06:24:33 PM »
UPDATE Here are some news tidbits and updated information released within the last week.

• Mac Version 1.0.8 featuring optimizations for older machines and bug fixes is AVAILABLE NOW!

• For those still having trouble claiming their Twilight Zone table Kickstarter reward on Mac, please send your FarSight login account information to support@pinballarcade.com.

• Fixes for end of game bug on Scared Stiff and a bug that does not allow Kickstarter backers to see both their previously purchased tables and The Twilight Zone table simultaneously will be included in the next iOS update which should be available by the end of December.

• FarSight is hoping to include a brand new UI in the next Android, iOS and Mac updates. A brand new UI for Kindle Fire, PS3 (NA/EU) and PS Vita (NA/EU) should follow soon after.

• The next Kindle Fire update featuring The Twilight Zone should be available this week.

• The Twilight Zone and Table Pack #7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot) are currently in submission with SCEA and SCEE and awaiting approval.

• There are many fixes and improvements for previous tables included in the upcoming PS3/PS Vita (NA/EU) Title Update which includes the assets for The Twilight Zone and Table Pack #7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot).

• The Twilight Zone and Table Pack #7 (Scared Stiff and Big Shot) should be available on PS3 (NA/EU) and PS Vita (NA/EU) in early January and Star Trek : The Next Generation in early February.

• FarSight is looking to submit Pro Packs to SCEA and SCEE as soon as they have them ready.

• FarSight is looking to add an option to toggle the 2-stage flipper feature on/off in the near future.

• FarSight is looking to add an option to give the user the choice of downloading all updated tables at once or one at a time in the near future.

• The Xbox 360 publisher issue is currently in the process of being resolved and FarSight hopes to submit new content, improvements and fixes to Microsoft as soon as possible.

• FarSight is still working hard on the Wii U version and is looking to submit it to Nintendo and release it as soon as possible.

• The Pinball Arcade is currently sitting at #85 on Steam's Greenlight Top 100.

The Xbox 360 publisher issue is currently in the process of being resolved and FarSight hopes to submit new content, improvements and fixes to Microsoft as soon as possible.

:-\

G The Resurrected

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2012, 12:36:42 AM »
Still can't play Twilight Zone on anything...

Sho Nuff

« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2012, 09:59:42 PM »
These guys are huge fuckups but HOLY SHIT IM PLAYING STAR TREK PINBALL RIGHT NOW AND I'VE GOT THE BIGGEST BONER

Stoney Mason

« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2012, 12:31:29 AM »
I updated and logged in and didn't have the table. So I checked the kickstarter page and apparently hadn't ticked which platform I wanted it on so now I have to wait.  :-\

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #161 on: April 12, 2013, 03:35:30 AM »
Wow, has it seriously been that long since someone posted here?  I thought we had a dedicated pinball thread too, but only found this one.  I'll assume it's relevant!

Anyway, Zaccaria pinball has been released by ASK.  I guess they were a huge maker from Italy back in the day?  Apparently their machines are quite rare in America so it's a pretty interesting set of tables.  $1 gets you one table with 2 others available, and they'll slowly be adding more tables for a total of 27.  Tables are $2 each, or you can buy a membership for $30 which gives you everything as they come out, they say it'll be more expensive as time goes by but who knows.

Unfortunately, the physics are pretty shit and don't even come close to Pinball Arcade.  I bought the membership anyway, mainly as just a way to look into these obscure machines.  I like the old-style simple pins, so if you're a bigger fan of the newer ones with multiple objectives and game-like presentations, you should probably stay away.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #162 on: April 12, 2013, 06:34:27 PM »
Looking at the screenshots for this I totally would have bit, but thanks for letting me know the physics are ass-tacular so I can pass on it.

originalz

• Z!?
« Reply #163 on: April 12, 2013, 09:32:58 PM »
It just got an update that added a "simulation" mode which apparently has better physics.  To be honest I didn't see that much of a difference, it does seem easier to make shots in sim mode but that could just be a placebo effect, who knows.  Still, at least they're making an effort to improve things which is promising.

I'd say spend the dollar and check out the first table if you're interested, especially if you like these oldskool tables.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #164 on: April 12, 2013, 09:38:12 PM »
OK, giving it a shot. I remember playing some weird Italian shit at the Pinball Museum here in Seattle, this might be up my alley.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #165 on: April 12, 2013, 10:56:04 PM »
Still haven't resolved their 360 publisher issue.

:why

archie4208

« Reply #166 on: April 13, 2013, 08:11:16 AM »
or fixed the flipper lag on the ps3

or figured out an alternate plan to greenlight for the pc version since that obviously ain't happening

but hey star trek pinball is pretty cool.

The devs talked to Valve at GDC and said that the PC version should be coming in late May.

Sho Nuff

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Make me wanna holler)
« Reply #167 on: April 13, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
Yeah, playing this on iOS is the only way to do it. You get the tables first, it looks great on retina displays, and there's no bullshit with console cert. I would be furious if I'd bought this on Xbox.

Stoney Mason

Sho Nuff

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Greenlit! Coming to Steam finally)
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
About time

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2013, 05:24:57 PM »
Agarest: Generations of War - This Japanese role-playing strategy game quickly shot up the charts and will now add to the small but growing number of Japanese RPGs on Steam.

:datass

how long it takes before greenlight games usualy get put on the actual thing?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:28:12 PM by magus »
<----

archie4208

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2013, 06:09:35 PM »
It depends on when the developer is ready to release it.  The shortest greenlit -> release time I've seen has been about a week.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2013, 01:33:59 PM »

Stoney Mason

Re: The Pinball Arcade Platform (Now on Steam)
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
Pinball Arcade is Now Available on Steam! Download now and you’ll get the incredible Tales of the Arabian Nights™ table for free!

Pinball Arcade features exact recreations of the all-time greatest pinball tables from Williams®, Bally®, Stern Pinball®, and Gottlieb® together in one game. Every flipper, bumper, sound effect, and display pixel has been painstakingly emulated in astonishing detail.

In addition to Tales of the Arabian Nights, Twilight Zone™, Star Trek: The Next Generation™, Theatre of Magic™ (named the best video pinball simulation of all time by G4TV), Scared Stiff™, Elvira and the Party Monsters™, Monster Bash™, Gorgar™, Circus Voltaire™, Funhouse™, Medieval Madness™, Pin•Bot™, The Machine: Bride of Pin•Bot™, Creature from the Black Lagoon™, No Good Gofers™, Big Shot™, Taxi™, Harley-Davidson® 3rd Edition, Black Knight™, Cactus Canyon™, White Water™, Space Shuttle®, Centaur™, Flight 2000™, Goin’ Nuts™, Terminator 2: Judgment Day®, and other great tables are also available from within this great game.

Each month, regular updates will add classic pinball tables for years to come!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/238260/

Stoney Mason

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
Still plays a solid game of pinball. Texture quality is worse than you would expect though.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
i've kinda given up on pinball arcade,i want the 100% but there is one goal in space shuttle that is fucking hard and annoying and i just can't do it and at the same time i don't have in my heart to just ignore it and move on :S

<----

Stoney Mason

« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
It wouldn't be a pinball arcade release without some usual farsight weirdness. So when I said the textures were kinda bad, that's after booting up the game and turning all the graphical options up and turning on post processing. It looked like this. Very Jaggy. This is a screen capture from my game.

So then I went on GAF and noticed that that people were saying on ATI cards post processing was fucking things up. And sure enough here is a screen pic on my machine with post processing turned off and it looks better.

Oh farsight.   :fbm

Any way you might as well download the game. It's free to download and you get Arabian Nights for free. After that you have pay for separate packs depending on what you want.

Bebpo

« Reply #177 on: November 05, 2013, 12:55:40 AM »
Other than that it seems pretty darn good and the best thing about the PC version is that it'll still be around 10 years down the line for however long they keep adding tables.  I think I'm going to cut losses on PS3 version and buy the season packs on PC and play it here.  I wonder if I get the PS4 tables free if I had the PS3 tables?  That might convince me to wait a month and see how the PS4 version compares.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #178 on: November 05, 2013, 12:59:29 AM »
Other than that it seems pretty darn good and the best thing about the PC version is that it'll still be around 10 years down the line for however long they keep adding tables.  I think I'm going to cut losses on PS3 version and buy the season packs on PC and play it here.  I wonder if I get the PS4 tables free if I had the PS3 tables?  That might convince me to wait a month and see how the PS4 version compares.

Agreed. The PC is the best platform for what is essentially a nostalgia piece of software in this case.

Sho Nuff

« Reply #179 on: November 05, 2013, 03:31:20 AM »

Here's the iOS version off DAT RETINA for comparison