Author Topic: Bore 7th annual Secret Santa Mayan Edition: Gifts are arriving!  (Read 17928 times)

G The Resurrected

Went on a spontaneous trip up to San Francisco today cause I was frustrated, cause I couldn't find anything for my tiny tim locally. Ended up buying stuff for all 3 of my tiny tims. Now I have to wrap it all up and send it off. I hope people get my sense of humor, however dry and unfunny it might be.

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
I think my victim is going to get two packages this year :teehee
itm

Tasty

Got the salary yesterday... now I can buy my gifts mwhahahahahahaha...

Won't get mine for a few days. :( But then, buying time.

I've purchased one thing so far for a total of 99 cents. I need to get in gear and finish this up. Good thing my person is from the states, not as much pressure on shipping early.
野球

G The Resurrected

Wowsa $141 for international shipping, I did not think this through at all... I'm gonna break it down to multiple boxes and hope to get a cheaper quote.

Gundam your's should be a quick 2 days via UPS and possibly 3 days with USPS. You've got a lot of time so don't fret.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Nice hint, Bz. Can't even play secret santa correctly.
fat

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
Wrapped my presents and will have them off this monday hopefully when the parcel service opens up again  :-[
USA

pilonv1

Need to sort mine out too, I'm trying to organise them to hit at the same time but I don't think it will happen.
itm

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Got my gifts shipped to me from Amazon today... will wrap this weekend and hopefully send them out early next week.
^_^

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
So much dilemma on what to get my victim...  Oh the decisions...
HURR

G The Resurrected

You have no clue who it is. I went to UPS and USPS and put in both addresses to give him a time frame of how long it will take to get to his person. Sorry if that's spoiling something. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Hey why do you get to comment when you didn't even participate?

G The Resurrected

Someone is so gonna get some of this stuff!
http://baconlube.com/

Just ordered some extra stuff to add to my gifts. This has been so much fun so far.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
gift sent enjoy santee :)
USA

Eric P

• I DESERVE the gold. I will GET the gold!
  • Icon
my gift is out for delivery
i realized after sending it that i fucked up the "secret" part by including my real name and address on the return label

Tonya

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
lmao I just realized I did the same thing since my name was my username here for a while also

:'( :'(
USA

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Just ordered. The person requested something local but I couldn't think of anything that would fit their tastes. It's going to a PO box on the east coast and should arrive by tomorrow.

G The Resurrected

Just ordered. The person requested something local but I couldn't think of anything that would fit their tastes. It's going to a PO box on the east coast and should arrive by tomorrow.

That's like a dead giveaway.

Might as well call this the not so secret santa!  :P

pilonv1

everyone is ruining xmas :(
itm

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude

So I should check my mail tomorrow?  :lol
WTF

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
sorry, it's a po box so I wanted to give him a heads up when to check it. And I thought it was only supposed to be a secret until the person gets it.

So I should check my mail tomorrow?  :lol

uh no.

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Well guess what?  I checked my mail anyway, and do you know what I found?

Probably not, because as it turns out, you weren't my secret Santa.  Thanks for the movie, Bebpo!  I'm putting it in my BR player right now!

Candy-gram for Mongo!
WTF

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.

You have no clue who it is.

I have a pretty good idea.  :lol
©ZH

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Bepbo only got you a movie?

No, the note that came with it said there was more coming!
WTF

G The Resurrected

I hate wrapping, but you good folks are worth the hate. So enjoy my wrapping bitches!

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
 :drudge Check yo po boxes eagle one ahs landed :drudge
USA

Tasty

Man I'm usually good with picking gifts out but I just drew a complete blank this time. :-\ So I went with the Amazon list provided.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
They said it should arrive next week, so uh, enjoy your stuff person-who-was-chosen-for-me-and-who-thankfully-has-an-Amazon-list! :shh
[close]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 06:11:07 AM by Andrex »

Purchased everything today, will get it shipped out this week.
野球

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Got another gift from my SS!

(Not my photo, obviously)

This might be one of the coolest coffee mugs that I've ever had!  Thanks Bebpo!
WTF

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Wrapped my gifts last night, and heading over to the PO during my lunch break... hopefully they will get them soon...
^_^

pilonv1

Finally sent my stuff off today. Hope it makes it in time...
itm

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Just placed the order for my SS's stuff.  They should get it between the 17th and the 20th!

I hope they like it!
WTF

G The Resurrected

Everything is now shipped!

To all of my santa's I hope you enjoy your gifts. Expect them through USPS around 12/13.

$95.36 for shipping that's a new record. I hope to god I filled out all the forms properly.

tehjaybo

Got almost everything together for my package today, just finishing something up and then sending it out.  Hoping it gets there before Christmas, but I was drawing a lot of blanks with this person.  Hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Also, apparently my incoming gift was supposed to have been delivered a week ago, and the Post Office didn't leave a door notice for me, and has now lost the package.   :lol   Gonna go back tomorrow and try to get it all lined out. 
HURR

pilonv1

My shipping was $41 this year, ridiculous. It's worth it though!
itm

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
It's heeeeeeeeeeeere.

G The Resurrected

It's heeeeeeeeeeeere.

Damn that looks jacked up!

I hope everything in it was ok.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:56:32 AM by G The Resurrected »

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
Well I opened it with my keys.

MyNameIsMethodis

• QUIT
  • Ebola Carrier
just came in the mail! package got kinda jacked up but I hope everythings ok! christmas can't come soon enough  :hyper :hyper
USA

tehjaybo

Ooooooooooooooooh snap!  Went to the post office and lined everything out, and look what they had waiting for me!

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper
HURR

Tasty

Someone drew you a comic? :o

pilonv1

Why isn't it opened yet!?
itm

I guess my gift was supposed to get here today in the mail, but didn't show up. No big deal, everything is slow during the holiday season.
野球

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
I got another part of my SS gift yesterday in the mail! 

It's a super nice 32" Borderlands 2 print!

Here's a pic I found of it on the net:

Thanks Bebpo!  I've got to go find a frame for it now!
WTF

Tasty

Got my package today! What could it be what could it be what could it be what could it be :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

G The Resurrected

Got my package today! What could it be what could it be what could it be what could it be :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper

You should open it up and show us what was inside. I too am anxious!

Bebpo

Yay, you got all your stuff!  Glad you liked it Groogrux!

Tasty

You should open it up and show us what was inside. I too am anxious!

Oh you!

So from internet detectiving I think this was you G, right?  :-* Apologies if mistaken.

The Thomas the Tank Engine wrapping paper goes really well with my pillowcase, good choice.

Unwrapped! :o I literally laughed out loud when I saw the glasses. :lol So many useful IRL applications but I doubt anyone would get the reference. :'(

Are you trying to make me (more of?) a weeaboo? :P

Biggest highlight for me is the SNES Classic Controller, I've been meaning to get one foreeeeeeeeeever since playing SMW and LttP VC isn't the same with the CC Pro. This is absolutely perfect. Now, if I could just fix my Wii so I can transfer the stuff to me Wii U, we'll be good...

Legitimately nice card design and awesome Nintendo funland bucks cards. (Although Wii U has no games so what could I spend them on? Amirite fellas?)

This has incredibly brightened my day week in a way I wouldn't think.  :heart  Thank you secret Santa who may or may not be G.

Now I feel worse about just using Amazon and not doing any kind of real personal touches. :( Next year I'll definitely do better.
[close]

G The Resurrected

This has incredibly brightened my day week in a way I wouldn't think.  :heart  Thank you secret Santa who may or may not be G.

Now I feel worse about just using Amazon and not doing any kind of real personal touches. :( Next year I'll definitely do better.
[close]

You would be most correct sir! I had no idea of your personal tastes so I did some snooping of my own and tried to come up with something personal. I was originally only going to include the wii card, but thought since you also have a 3ds/WiiU that you could use that too!

I wanted to get you a USB controller but thought since you already were invested into the VC games that you'd appreciate having an authentic experience with them.

And please for the love of god let me know how those chips are. That or victimize someone's taste buds for me. And make them wear the shades! :p

As per you using Amazon, please don't feel bad. I feel bad after seeing that and I felt what I had sent you was inadequate. So If you get something else from me or someone else don't be surprised!
[close]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:02:22 PM by G The Resurrected »

Tasty

Yeah the eShop card is awesome! Think I might get some 3DS games I'm lacking like Push/Crashmo.

And the controller is awesome. I thought it was too much to hope for concave Y/X buttons but they're there. :o L/R are a bit squishy but they're not really necessary for my SNES games.

I dunno about the chips, I'll try them but I can't guarantee I'll eat the whole bag. :lol Hopefully my roommate will help out if that's the case.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Very nice haul there Andrex. You must have been a good boy this year.
©ZH

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
Me too. oh well, first time doing this.

i didn't really know anything about my person also...
nat

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
That's one of the things I like about doing this though, it gives us a good chance to get to know other Boritos that we might normally never converse with.
WTF

G The Resurrected

It was a lot of fun trying to learn about some of you. And even more fun to shop for some of you. I'd most definitely do this again next year as I had an absolute blast.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 01:56:00 PM by G The Resurrected »

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
It was a lot of fun trying to learn about some of you. And even more fun to shop for some of you. I'd most definitely do this again next year as I had a absolute blast.

Provided we don't all die next week...  That's why I shipped mine out sooner than later.  :smug
WTF

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Oh, my SS should have their gift there today!  I'm tracking it online and it says it's out for delivery.  I hope they're home or have good neighbors.
WTF

Bebpo

Got an awesome package from Groogrux today!  Picked it up right as I was stepping out the door to go see Killing Them Softly (movie was sooo good!).  Will post with pictures tomorrow!

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
i havent gotten anything yet... :'(
nat

MrAngryFace

• I have the most sensible car on The Bore
Man, Andrex's haul embarrasses the stuff I bought for my Santee :(

Its not about that- don't sweat it
o_0

Groogrux

• Unofficial Bore Prude
Got an awesome package from Groogrux today!  Picked it up right as I was stepping out the door to go see Killing Them Softly (movie was sooo good!).  Will post with pictures tomorrow!

I hope the "special" book turned out okay.  They were supposed to customize it for you so that it would blend in with your office, then they sent me an email saying they couldn't do that through their Amazon store.  If it doesn't work, let me know and I can work something out to get you one that will blend in.
WTF

So... it seems like Bebpo had Groogrux and Groogrux had Bebpo... is that how it works for everyone? Kinda takes some of the surprise out of it.
野球