Author Topic: Game  (Read 10375 times)

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
Exactly

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
There's no SD port on it? Wooooow

WAT?

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon
yeah the draw of this would be that it's an all in one -tiny- unit that you could throw in your bag and take on , i dunno, vacation or something.

But with everything removed, there's no point - plus the power pack etc is still sizable so.... the point is.... what exactly?

A hacked uberportable wii would have been pretty awesome. Alas, other than canadians, i have no idea who on earth would give a twopenny f-ck about this.

File under : Nintendo lol.
O=X

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Just because we'll buy milk in plastic bags doesn't mean we'll buy anything.

:cancry
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:57:49 PM by Flannel Boy »

pilonv1

• I love you just the way I am
Just because we'll buy milk in plastic bags doesn't mean we'll be anything.

what is this trickery?
itm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator

WAT?

No need for storage if you can't put anything on it. Nintendo's "One Save slot per game" strategy finally bears fruit!
©@©™

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
FUCK. No Online? Fuck off Nintendo.

That thing looks sexy though :'(

DCharlieJP

• the ex-XFE, now 3rd in-line for SFE
  • Icon

looks sexy?

if someone handed me that thing i'd have expected it to contain Turkish Delight chocolates.

O=X

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Sexy turkish delight chocolates.
©@©™

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
there are certain parts of eastern europe where all the cars and buildings are made of that scritchy black plastic.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

looks sexy?

if someone handed me that thing i'd have expected it to contain Turkish Delight chocolates.

I'm a sucker for sucker for RED+ White and RED+Black consoles because of my former love of Atari.

cool breeze

:nsfw

:nsfw

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog

Can't hack it without an SD port right? :lol this is the worst console redesign in history
◕‿◕

Tasty

You can use USB sticks but I don't know if this has those either.

Takao

Arbys Roast Beef Sandwich

• •••
well that's that. I was hoping to grab one pretty soon to hack.
うぐう

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
What a great deal

For moran

Tasty

Pretty weird that if we're looking at MSRP then 60% of the price of this is because of controllers.

Moral of the story: DROP THE PRICES ON FRICKING WIIMOTES, NINTENDO

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Its not that small what

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
Its not that small what

That's about as small as they can make it, given that it still has to fit a DVD inside it.
dog

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
And given they still have to make it as cheaply as possible because lol Nintendo.
©@©™

cool breeze

Its not that small what

That's about as small as they can make it, given that it still has to fit a DVD inside it.

It could always be thinner.  PS2 slim :bow2

Is it still an external power supply? if it's internal, that would add some appeal.  The Wii power brick is sizable.

Takao

Ethernet USB dongle doesn't connect you to the internet. Component has been removed as well. CHEAP AS FUCK

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Ethernet USB dongle doesn't connect you to the internet. Component has been removed as well. CHEAP AS FUCK

Haha, really? Does it come with an RF adapter in the box? :lol
©@©™

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
wait, there's no component cable connection at all? yikes at how that's gonna look
sup

Takao

Our main gripe is that component video output doesn't appear to work; we've asked Nintendo if there's any compatibility changes, but for now we'd stick to old-fashioned RCA. The company does offer help finding a component cable on its product page.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/06/nintendo-wii-mini-hands-on/

AdmiralViscen

• Murdered in the digital realm
absolutely incredible

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
boggle

nintendo is the new tiger electronics
duc

Tasty

This should be like, $50 max. :lol

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
Yeah, just $50 more for the Full Wii™ gets you a game, online capability, and all the missing hardware features. If you catch the deals during the holidays you could snag it for $125. Who the hell would buy this thing over that?
sup

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
I would think most chalet televisions have component
乱学者

Olivia Wilde Homo

• Proud Kinkshamer
Jesus Christ :lol :lol :lol

🍆🍆

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Collectors, 2nd Wii in the household etc.

I can see some usage of this model.

:lol :lol Of course YOU would, you lived off composite cable
fat

Tasty

And since you can't download anything that screen will NEVER fill up with anything.

Oh wait a second... this thing won't get any firmward upgrades either. :lol Not like anyone expected huge updates to Wii at this point but it could come about that Nintendo needs to plug a hole... not with these models.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
I understand the idea of wanting a very small console that you can just drop in your pocket and whip out wherever there's a TV around, but...this fails on all accounts.

-It's still not really all that small, certainly not small enough to carry in your pocket
-You can't play any downloadable games
-No internet, online multiplayer
-It's still got that huge powerbrick
dog

Sho Nuff

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

huh. so at the same time they're being accused of confusing the market by releasing a console with an almost identical appearance to its forbearer, they release a feature raped husk of said forbearer that not only looks like a completely new console, but has a giant goddamn red U on it.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
Can u get online with a usb Ethernet adapter?
◕‿◕

Sho Nuff

Can u get online with a usb Ethernet adapter?

Nope lol

cool breeze

Re: Wii Mini - no BC, no ONLINE, Canucks exclusive, $99 - Still better than Wii U
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »
That's what I don't understand at all.  Assuming Nintendo will continue to manufacture usb ethernet ports for the wii u, what other reason is there to disable any internet connection?

Sho Nuff

Re: Wii Mini - no BC, no ONLINE, Canucks exclusive, $99 - Still better than Wii U
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »
People might get confused

Please understand

Sho Nuff

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2012, 12:53:55 PM »
It's too much trouble to change it

Please understand

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 10:23:14 AM »
:lol
duc

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
I wonder exactly how many of these they manufactured. 100k? I bet these are going to be worth some money down the road. Nintendo fans are crazy collectors.

Takao

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2012, 11:14:28 AM »
100k sounds like way too much for the Canadian market.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
Is it? There were a million Wii's sold in it's first year in Canada. Probably a few multiples of that afterwards.

I was just speculating they would have 50k for christmas and then restock another 50k when those sell through.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #107 on: December 12, 2012, 06:26:06 AM »

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-hardware-nintendo-wii-mini-review
Unfortunately, the sad reality is that the Wii Mini disappoints on almost every level. It's not a good-looking piece of kit at all, functionality has been stripped down to the absolute bare-bones, and perhaps worst of all for a product actively being marketed on its dinky form-factor is the fact that it's not actually that much smaller than the original model. What we have left is a console designed for young children, marketed at a price low enough to qualify it as a toy.

That's fair enough in that respect - there is clearly value here - but what truly rankles is Nintendo's bizarre decision to actively sabotage its own product, effectively alienating it from consideration for more discerning gamers. Removing WiFi is one thing, but killing off support for Nintendo's own Ethernet USB adaptor is quite another. Over and above that, purposefully removing 480p and component video functionality comes across as deliberately spiteful.

cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #108 on: December 12, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
Save money for PS4 or SteamBox.
No Cell in PS4 though(no BC)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:37:14 AM by maxy »
cat

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #109 on: December 12, 2012, 12:13:38 PM »

Not surprised tbh.

Half of the 360 is occupied by DVD drive.
cat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #110 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:33 PM »
How is that "mini"

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2012, 12:28:51 PM »
Mini as for minimal brain people(sorry Borys :P).

No component,no internet,no free games--you have to be insane to buy this,for few bucks more you can get full package.
cat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2012, 12:32:35 PM »
Uh... I might get a Wii next year :gloomy, would like to get the Mini but it will never launch in Poland.

Dumbass. you have a HD now. Buy a Wii for 480p at least -- and the opportunity to hack and steal games like a poor
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:59:53 PM by demi »
fat

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #113 on: December 12, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
We held out hope that we could get access to the internet using Nintendo's own USB-based Ethernet adaptor (a single USB port remains on the new hardware) but astonishingly this does not work at all, meaning that the platform holder hasn't just removed the WiFi hardware, but has also deliberately nerfed any kind of internet access. To confirm that, we also found that all the internet configuration options on the front-end have been completely removed.

cant have people using those workarounds as we need to sell less units than we would have.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #114 on: December 12, 2012, 01:26:26 PM »
Regular Wii is $130 at Best Buy and Toys R Us (probably everywhere else, too) right now. $30 more for both Wii Sports games, online, component, SD card slot...again, anyone who buys the Mini is just sort of dumb.
sup

Tasty

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2012, 01:31:06 PM »
Regular Wii is $130 at Best Buy and Toys R Us (probably everywhere else, too) right now. $30 more for both Wii Sports games, online, component, SD card slot...again, anyone who buys the Mini is just sort of dumb.

Well it is only being released in Canada right now.  :cancry

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #116 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:36 PM »
It's probably gonna be the replacement Wii everywhere after they clear all the holiday stock.
sup

Purple Filth

« Reply #117 on: December 12, 2012, 02:24:57 PM »
It's probably gonna be the replacement Wii everywhere after they clear all the holiday stock.

i can see it now.

"do you want online and all that jazz for your nintendo console? get a Wii U"

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #118 on: December 12, 2012, 02:27:07 PM »

i can see it now.

"do you want online and all that jazz for your nintendo console? get a Wii U. or do you want games?"

fixed
duc

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
Still looks like a McDonalds burger box, except when i eat McDonalds i can get wifi