Author Topic: star trek  (Read 69615 times)

Esch

• burnt chocolate / dirty cake
Re: star trek
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
is that on the episode where everyone on the ship is horny ? musta missd that

cool breeze

« Reply #121 on: January 09, 2013, 02:04:46 AM »
it's episode 2, the one where everyone gets space drunk.  it's the one where geordi cries about being blind.  and where picard and crusher almost go at it.

and I watched generations but it was boring so I messed around on my tablet during.  I thought I was going crazy because I'd look down, then up, and characters would be wearing different uniforms.  only thing I enjoyed in the movie was malcolm mcdowell's auto-gangsta style gun.  dude's so baller not even arthritis can stop him.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2013, 02:57:00 AM »
i....i think Data just had sex
He is programmed in multiple pleasure-giving techniques.  ;)

Esch

« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »
so why exactly do we hate Wesley again? apart from him being too smart

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2013, 12:47:24 PM »
so why exactly do we hate Wesley again? apart from him being too smart

He's a little kid that constantly has to save a ship full of highly-experienced experts because only he knows what's wrong and how to fix it.

He was the equivalent of a 12 year old writing Star Trek fanfaction and inserting himself/herself as the main character:

“Gee, golly, gosh, gloriosky,” thought Mary Sue as she stepped on the bridge of the Enterprise. “Here I am, the youngest lieutenant in the fleet – only fifteen and a half years old.” Captain Kirk came up to her.
“Oh, Lieutenant, I love you madly. Will you come to bed with me?”
“Captain! I am not that kind of girl!”
“You’re right, and I respect you for it. Here, take over the ship for a minute while I go get some coffee for us.”
Mr. Spock came onto the bridge. “What are you doing in the command seat, Lieutenant?”
“The Captain told me to.”
“Flawlessly logical. I admire your mind.”
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:53:41 PM by Great Rumbler »
dog

Esch

« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2013, 01:42:47 PM »
i agree that a key flaw in his character design is how broad his genius is. it would be fine if he was basically just super geordi, but they make him extremely gifted in every aspect of science and social activity besides. if they isolated him more, like data by distinguished mentally-challenged fellowing him in some aspects. i even understand that they set precedent for it by claiming that he was essentially the next einstein or tesla, but i agree that its too much. he is a bit like Gohan actually.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2013, 02:09:35 PM »
There was only one good Wesley episode:

dog

Esch

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »
captain jellico seems like a huuuuuuge douche

Esch

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »
gaius baltar was definitely inspired by Dr. bashir

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2013, 02:59:43 PM »
ど助平

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »
This is one of my favorites:

dog

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2013, 02:07:10 AM »
captain jellico seems like a huuuuuuge douche

Dooooooooooooouchie douche.

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:44 AM »
gaius baltar was definitely inspired by Dr. bashir
Both of them :bow

cool breeze

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2013, 12:56:06 PM »
young picard in tapestry is awesome

they should make a show about young picard punching aliens and sleeping around

Esch

« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2013, 02:08:02 AM »
DS9 is good so far. feels like neo BSG and TNG had a baby with less style

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2013, 09:19:39 AM »
young picard in tapestry is awesome

they should make a show about young picard punching aliens and sleeping around

Yeah, that's one of my favorite episodes.
@

cool breeze

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2013, 02:49:26 AM »
I 'finished' TNG.  In truth only saw half the episodes, but really enjoyed it and I'll go through those later on.  Final episode was an amazing way to end things (err, ignoring the movies).

Starting up Deep Space 9, so far it feels like Star Trek: Mall Cops.  Naturally there's going to be a shift from Enterprise exploring the universe with Picard (:bow2) to a space base with some new guy running things.  I like that o'brien is on the show.  He's one of the likable B characters from TNG.  And Bashir totally is a sincere Baltar.  Kira is nothing yet.  The arab trader alien is OK.  Sisko isn't anything yet.  Odo is cool; seems like a better security person than Worf or Tasha.  Dax is conceptually interesting, because it's a 20-something looking life form with several lives worth of accumulated knowledge, but it's hardly a character yet.

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 03:45:14 AM »
I 'finished' TNG.  In truth only saw half the episodes, but really enjoyed it and I'll go through those later on.  Final episode was an amazing way to end things (err, ignoring the movies).

Well with the final episode the crew basically said they could make different choices to make sure that future turned out different. For example, in the All Good Things... future, they never let Troi drive the ship. The one time they let her do that, she crashed the thing and as such the three-nacelle Enterprise-D never existed.

Starting up Deep Space 9, so far it feels like Star Trek: Mall Cops.  Naturally there's going to be a shift from Enterprise exploring the universe with Picard (:bow2) to a space base with some new guy running things.  I like that o'brien is on the show.  He's one of the likable B characters from TNG.  And Bashir totally is a sincere Baltar.  Kira is nothing yet.  The arab trader alien is OK.  Sisko isn't anything yet.  Odo is cool; seems like a better security person than Worf or Tasha.  Dax is conceptually interesting, because it's a 20-something looking life form with several lives worth of accumulated knowledge, but it's hardly a character yet.

DS9 doesn't get face-melting awesome until around the last half of the third season into season four. At that time, Voyager was launching and all the distinguished mentally-challenged fellows who shit up Trek were focused on kissing UPN ass with that show so the DS9 people were allowed to make the show awesome.

Rick Berman wanted to do the whole Dominion War in four episodes. Since he was distracted with recycling bad TNG script ideas on Voyager, the people running DS9 made the Dominion War last FOUR YEARS. It took a nine-episode mini-series within the series just to tie up all the storylines at the end of the show.
CBG

Esch

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
yea im pretty lukewarm on Ds9 right now for like the exact same reason you are. Odos character especially has no endearing quality to it. he just seems like a perpetual penis. my favorite chars as of right now are qwark and bashir pretty ehhhhhh on everyone else.OBrien was indeed a good pick for this. they should have also added in the guy living in holofantasies.from engineering.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:11:40 PM by Eschaton »

ManaByte

• I must hurry back to my comic book store, where I dispense the insults rather than absorb them.
star trek
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 10:17:06 PM »
Odo gets awesome at the end of season 3.
CBG

« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2013, 10:38:37 PM »
yea im pretty lukewarm on Ds9 right now for like the exact same reason you are. Odos character especially has no endearing quality to it. he just seems like a perpetual penis. my favorite chars as of right now are qwark and bashir pretty ehhhhhh on everyone else.OBrien was indeed a good pick for this. they should have also added in the guy living in holofantasies.from engineering.

Keep watching. I maintain that DS9 had the worst beginnings of any Star Trek series but the best finish. It sat idle while all the other karts flew past it, only to luck out with a series of blue shells and stars to cross the finish line 1st place.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 12:03:37 AM »

When the walls fell
WDW

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2013, 01:14:22 AM »
:lol
@

Esch

« Reply #143 on: January 20, 2013, 02:23:19 AM »
i will say this: i cannot watch DS9 halfheartedly, doing something else or whatever. definitely commands your attention and as a result i cant binge on it like TNG. that IS typically a good sign

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #144 on: January 20, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »

I tried DS9 for a few episodes last year; I think it was just about where they go through the wormhole, encounter The Founders? I ended up prioritizing other shows and games, didn't stay with it for exactly the reasons you've listed. And I recall O'Brien becomes a bit of lameness once Keiko shows up and starts emasculating him at every turn.

Esch

« Reply #145 on: January 20, 2013, 08:33:12 PM »

I tried DS9 for a few episodes last year; I think it was just about where they go through the wormhole, encounter The Founders? I ended up prioritizing other shows and games, didn't stay with it for exactly the reasons you've listed. And I recall O'Brien becomes a bit of lameness once Keiko shows up and starts emasculating him at every turn.
Actually im past that point and the show is already getting steadily better, even with most episodes. It's just that it needs a main story arc. It's not meant to be episodic like TNG, and I suppose the writers assumed the same thing after 3 seasons

Esch

« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 12:07:39 AM »
i hate Nog so fucking much. little shifty cunt

Cindi Mayweather

• You gonna scroll past this post without saying howdy?
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2013, 12:12:49 AM »
Just don't get the hate of tng Season 2. niccas are.crazy

benjipwns

• Listen to it. It sounds solid and professional.
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2013, 12:14:33 AM »
Nog's got a pair of Ferengi trading skill storylines in the later seasons that I really love.
meowr

Esch

« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2013, 12:37:04 AM »
dominion bout to cross over dat season 2 finale... havent felt this hype since BSG

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2013, 01:26:50 AM »
i hate Nog so fucking much. little shifty cunt
hahahaha

Esch

« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2013, 01:42:55 AM »
this blonde milf admiral is so icey, she looks like shed rip your dick off and throw it into a canyon

cool breeze

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2013, 01:37:47 PM »
I imagine I'm the only one who feels this way, but Bashir and Garak are my favorite parts of DS9.

jiji

« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2013, 01:48:41 PM »
I imagine I'm the only one who feels this way, but Bashir and Garak are my favorite parts of DS9.

Nah, they pretty much are the best. O'Brien-Bashir-Garak is DS9's great love triangle.
OTL

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
you are not alone

Esch

« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
I agree. Im also warming up to Kira a little as well. I cant develop enthusiasm for captain Sisqo tho. Dude is clutch, but just pales so hard in comparison to picard. I am happy that this show focuses more on the yellow and blue people instead of the reds though. Even Odo is getting pretty good for me here in S3, that origins arc of his was very nice.

The only character on this show I kinda dislike is Dax. I'm just not fascinated by its' biology or memories or anything. The show spends a lot of time on her/it and i don't much care for the subsequent episodes.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2013, 09:42:08 PM »
I didn't care much for Dax either, or Sisqo's son now that I think about it. But Sisqo himself becomes super badass during the dominion war.
WDW

Esch

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2013, 04:34:58 PM »
WELL SEASON 3 IS ENDING AND THIS SHOW JUST WENT FROM 7/10 TO 10/10

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
STAR TREK MOVIES ARE ON NETFLIX. WRATH OF KHAN AND SEARCH FOR SPOCK GO GO GO

Esch

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »
daxs willingness to give Ferengi earjobs fucking DISGUSTS me

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2013, 06:03:47 PM »

Esch

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2013, 07:58:54 PM »
lmao at sisqo's off duty clothes. wearing some mad max beyond the afrikaa bambataa thunderdome shyt

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2013, 11:08:37 PM »
Just don't get the hate of tng Season 2. distinguished black fellows are.crazy
There's not hate, it's just not very good. It's better than s1, for sure, but that's not saying much.

lmao at sisqo's off duty clothes. wearing some mad max beyond the afrikaa bambataa thunderdome shyt

Esch

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2013, 05:32:03 PM »
lwaxana troy again ajsbdnrjendhdn

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #164 on: January 27, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »

Honestly, she's a great character. She elicits such a reaction from fans; ST:TNG needed its own non-defeatable heel character, and there she is...

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #165 on: January 28, 2013, 12:53:16 AM »

Esch

« Reply #166 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:04 AM »
im so sad that im 4/7ths finished with DS9 and only shit Voyager awaits me after

i'll have to watch the original series next

ManaByte

« Reply #167 on: January 28, 2013, 09:15:06 AM »

Honestly, she's a great character. She elicits such a reaction from fans; ST:TNG needed its own non-defeatable heel character, and there she is...

Read Q In Law by Peter David. Q marries Lwaxana, gives her the power of Q, but then dumps her. The Q prevent him from taking the power away from him so she proceeds to kick his ass all over the ship. It has one of the greatest Worf one-liners ever:

"She's really beating the stuffing out of him," observed Riker. "What do you think we should do?" "Sell tickets," rumbled Worf.
CBG

cool breeze

« Reply #168 on: January 28, 2013, 02:33:16 PM »
im so sad that im 4/7ths finished with DS9 and only shit Voyager awaits me after

i'll have to watch the original series next

I'm gonna go Voyager -> Enterprise -> Original Series -> First Six Movies.  End where I started.

Yeti

• Hail Hydra
« Reply #169 on: January 28, 2013, 05:56:42 PM »
I kind of gave up on Voyager midway through season 4. I'll come back to it later though.
WDW

Esch

« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2013, 04:56:15 PM »
I am starting to really dislike Worf. He learns nothing. He never changes. He's prone to being fooled and making the same and simple mistakes. Hell he even gets beat up sometimes. I liked him better in TNG.

Esch

« Reply #171 on: January 30, 2013, 12:35:37 AM »
on the other hand Rom is lowkey one of the best trek characters. :bow: god tier gags :bow2:

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2013, 09:07:04 AM »

Read Q In Law by Peter David. Q marries Lwaxana, gives her the power of Q, but then dumps her. The Q prevent him from taking the power away from him so she proceeds to kick his ass all over the ship. It has one of the greatest Worf one-liners ever:

"She's really beating the stuffing out of him," observed Riker. "What do you think we should do?" "Sell tickets," rumbled Worf.

I think I've read most of the Peter David TNG books; they're very good.

I am starting to really dislike Worf. He learns nothing. He never changes. He's prone to being fooled and making the same and simple mistakes. Hell he even gets beat up sometimes. I liked him better in TNG.
Sadly, I think Worf falls prey to writers wanting to show how tough the monster is by having it best Worf. Instead, basically Worf just looks like he's the only person to get beat up all the time.

Esch

« Reply #173 on: January 30, 2013, 09:12:26 AM »
Yeah Worf's character is actually really well planned, but terribly executed. Lmao at him getting the lumps though, alpha male warrior of the klingons getting beat like a 36 year old white belt in his first karate class

Esch

« Reply #174 on: January 30, 2013, 05:13:46 PM »
scust at these random episodes in the middle of the dominion war about jake buying his dad a baseball card. no one cares, nicca

Esch

« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »
i think i agree with you momo. ds9 overall has better writing and even maybe dialogue.... but im gonna be honest. i think i like TNG better. the cast is just so much more memorable, the aesthetic more enjoyable, even a better sense of humor. i think DS9 is objectively better, but TNG is just special man. i cant even justify it tbh

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2013, 01:07:46 AM »
i think i agree with you momo. ds9 overall has better writing and even maybe dialogue.... but im gonna be honest. i think i like TNG better. the cast is just so much more memorable, the aesthetic more enjoyable, even a better sense of humor. i think DS9 is objectively better, but TNG is just special man. i cant even justify it tbh
My man :bow

Esch

« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2013, 01:16:49 AM »
if TNG had the female characters of DS9 and just 2 seasons of coherent storyline it woulda been easily the best

cool breeze

« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2013, 03:14:16 AM »
worf in by inferno's light :bow2

Momo

• c y b o r e p u n k
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:21 AM »
If you were any other man I WOULD KILL YOU WHERE YOU STAND

Worf :bow