Author Topic: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT  (Read 197089 times)

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Re: THE WITCHER 3: WILDE HUNT
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:39 PM »
How can I see my played time?

studyguy

« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »
How can I see my played time?

Menu > Character > Stats

It's at the bottom.
pause

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2015, 07:45:29 PM »
You really gotta embrace the fuck you pay me witcher attitude because everything in this game is so god damn expensive. No wonder niccas is starving and lynching people. Price of meat alone brehs.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2015, 07:47:19 PM »
Seriously, upkeep alone is keeping me broke. I need to do that monster contract in the starting area already, rather than dick around chasing question marks...

spoiler (click to show/hide)
deep
[close]

« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
omg this baron quest  :'(  :lol

The change in pitch the baron's voice when he was putting his daughter back to rest hit me right in the feels.

Then she rose back from the grave with that same goofy character model, and started zooming through the air like Kal-El.  :dead
[close]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:01:09 PM by doctavius bonbon »

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #425 on: May 20, 2015, 10:27:02 PM »
Riding around and then BOOM, oops that question mark led me to a monster guarding a chest and he's at a level 5x mine (Image removed from quote.)

Yeah I really like that about the world in that its big ass like a skyrim world but it doesn't level match nearly everything around you. Game is tough for me on the broken bones difficulty although I'm no great gamer.

You really gotta embrace the fuck you pay me witcher attitude because everything in this game is so god damn expensive. No wonder niccas is starving and lynching people. Price of meat alone brehs.

Also like this. Game is hardcore in the right ways.

Game does a lot of things that are impressive.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #426 on: May 20, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »
Is there a way to cook raw meat? Feels like it definitely should be, but I'm not seeing it.
dog

Stoney Mason

« Reply #427 on: May 20, 2015, 10:54:07 PM »
I don't think so. I tried for awhile but didn't see any method.

Probably something that will be modded. Speaking of that I hope the game draws a healthy mod community. Would be great to play this a few years down the road as a different experience.

« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2015, 02:10:21 AM »
I'll probably regret this later as foolish overconfidence, but I had no crashes tonight! I changed to using the nVidia optimization settings in the Experience program (which regretfully resulted in the loss of HairWorks). I also switched to full screen instead of windows borderless and switched the frame rate to unlimited.

I don't know if changing one of those settings fixed the problem or if I just got lucky tonight, but three hours with no crashes is great. I played about three hours the first two nights with about five crashes. And without HairWorks, I'm getting an almost constant 60 FPS with all settings at Ultra or high and all the post processing running. But I still regret the loss of HairWorks.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:55:42 AM by Steve Youngblood »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2015, 02:20:14 AM »
COmbat in this is so weird. Sometimes I'm a total badass and sometimes regular ass drowners totally fuck me up.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #430 on: May 21, 2015, 03:35:58 AM »
I hope the combat will click for me cause no matter the enemy I get down low on health.

Pack of dogs? Low health
Noonwraith? Low health

In BB it took a few hours as well and that game is all combat, so while I played Witcher for hours already I don't have that much combat under my belt.

« Reply #431 on: May 21, 2015, 04:09:25 AM »
Mounted combat is the great equalizer in all encounters with humanoids. Squared off against some slavers in Velen who were 12 levels above me and they just didn't know what to do as I jousted through every single one of them.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2015, 04:23:38 AM »
Right now for me its Humans? Parry City. Monsters?  Dodgeville.

Some exceptions of course. I don't think you can parry polearms? So you just gotta light them on fire or push them down for easy kill.

« Reply #433 on: May 21, 2015, 05:03:38 AM »
Also I should probably pay attention to the suggested level of contracts before I end up in another cave with a goat minotaur looking motherfucker who turns me into a fine paste.  :'(

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2015, 05:23:55 AM »
Can't you charge at him with Roach?

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2015, 08:55:01 AM »
They are releasing a new patch Esch

600 changes

:bow CDPR :bow2

sarslip

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2015, 09:26:04 AM »
played almost the whole night, didnt talk to any NPCs who werent merchants   :lawd

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2015, 09:49:31 AM »
Didn't get to play at all last night. Damn kids birthday sleepover.
©ZH

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:14 AM »
once you get to Velen :badass

Riding around and then BOOM, oops that question mark led me to a monster guarding a chest and he's at a level 5x mine (Image removed from quote.)

Ya that's what made me go back and finish most of White Orchard. I was not ready.
In Velen, the 'Fake Papers' quest has a self healing level 9 ghoul. Took me about 8 tries to beat him. Failed the quest anyway. :tocry
[close]
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2015, 10:09:22 AM »
God damn. I just got to Velen and it's like ten times larger than the starting area. :whoo I knew it was big, but I didn't quite expect it to be at Just Cause 2 scale. :ohhh

One of the sidequest in the starting area got a good laugh from me, too.
Geralt tries to commiserate with an outcast hunter, things he's a werewolf and offers help, but no, dude's just gay. :lol
[close]

Brehvolution

« Reply #440 on: May 21, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
If anyone feels that work is taking away from you time aiding Geralt, here is something that may help you:

Print out and sign. Hand in to HR. Easy peasy.
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #441 on: May 21, 2015, 11:14:59 AM »
I have 4 into fast attack. 1 into igni. 1 into Sun and Stars(probably a mistake). 1 into crossbow.
©ZH

studyguy

« Reply #442 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15:21 AM »
Fast Attack/Heavy/Potions for me at the moment.

Also I just got to the second area, Velen.
Fuck man this place is enormous.
pause

fizzel

« Reply #443 on: May 21, 2015, 11:20:05 AM »
COmbat in this is so weird. Sometimes I'm a total badass and sometimes regular ass drowners totally fuck me up.

Drowners are no joke, they swarm and stunlock like a motherfucker.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #444 on: May 21, 2015, 11:55:29 AM »
Stun Locking in general in this game is so brutal and frustrating. It doesn't help that you can occasionally get hung up on the geometry also (which happened in witcher 2 a lot also.)

What also is brutal is that the camera is zoomed in just enough so that a guy can run in and lunge and hit you from off screen. It felt like witcher 2 had a more zoomed out camera because I just got through playing that a couple of days ago and that never happened to me in that game but it happens a lot in Witcher 3.

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #445 on: May 21, 2015, 12:02:10 PM »
loving the reactions to the jank by the newcomers/fanboys  :lol :lol :lol

Good ol CDPR

CDPR is like a Polish Bethesda, the jank is a feature.

Looks like it  :lol

No, I get it, I've dabbled with the previous two games. I just, you know, thought they might've gotten a little better about shit like that over the years. Like I said, my shit crashed...during a card game.

But the sunsets!

Even though this game is seemingly jank central your luck continues to be real shitty in regards to these things man  :-\

Is there a way to cook raw meat? Feels like it definitely should be, but I'm not seeing it.

Maybe Geralt should have kept that frying pan :heh

:jawalrus

Stoney Mason

« Reply #446 on: May 21, 2015, 12:06:43 PM »
So far I've been pretty lucky in that I haven't had a crash. Definitely some bugs including a side quest that is broken in my quest log. Wants me to read a letter in my inventory but it doesn't work.

studyguy

« Reply #447 on: May 21, 2015, 12:06:55 PM »
Crowd control is no joke in this game. It's one of the reasons why i'm seriously considering investing in Yrden and Igni more.

I like it, because fighting multiple opponents should be incredibly difficult wrt spacing and timing, but sometimes it can be a bit frustrating.

Unfortunately that means i'm not going to upgrade alchemy again :tocry

Yeah, I like it though. Beats the shit out of AC games where dudes line up to die.
pause

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #448 on: May 21, 2015, 12:09:37 PM »
I've got 3 in fast attack, 2 in Igni so far. Gotta do lots of tumbling and try to get the battle to happen on your terms with just 1 monster at a time if possible if you're on foot. Putting points in fast attack seems legit pretty much no matter what, because then you hit harder with your fastest attack, decreasing the amount of time it takes to kill things. Igni is there to push shit off of me if I start to get surrounded.

Also, I accidentally forged a lv 13 silver sword because I wasn't paying attention.

:tocry
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #449 on: May 21, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Like 100 gold or whatever the currency is, yeah.
yar

studyguy

« Reply #450 on: May 21, 2015, 12:11:53 PM »
I've got 3 in fast attack, 2 in Igni so far. Gotta do lots of tumbling and try to get the battle to happen on your terms with just 1 monster at a time if possible if you're on foot. Putting points in fast attack seems legit pretty much no matter what, because then you hit harder with your fastest attack, decreasing the amount of time it takes to kill things. Igni is there to push shit off of me if I start to get surrounded.

Also, I accidentally forged a lv 13 silver sword because I wasn't paying attention.

:tocry

I almost did the same shit
+132 atk lol
pause

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #451 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:43 PM »
I almost did the same thing. Thankfully I paid attention to the previous numbers. Surprising that they would give you such a recipe so early. Who knows what you'll have access to at lvl 13? Considering how big this game is you'll probably forget either way.

And now back in. :punch

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #452 on: May 21, 2015, 12:26:25 PM »
Even though this game is seemingly jank central your luck continues to be real shitty in regards to these things man  :-\

Every player experiences at least one glitch, Eel experiences every glitch at least once.
dog

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #453 on: May 21, 2015, 12:27:56 PM »
surprisingly, bethesda games rarely ever crash or glitch out on me!
sup

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #454 on: May 21, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »
that gwent crash on ps4 is pretty common, lots of folks in that gaf thread had it, happens when you try to pass - come on, poles, you could have caught that one pretty easily...
sup

studyguy

« Reply #455 on: May 21, 2015, 12:35:45 PM »
I've had only 1 crash in the some 10 hours I've put in.
It was during a chase with a guy on a horse.
Caught him and when they started talking I couldn't pick anything.

More annoying thing to me that should be fixed is looting.
Like just give it more range, that's it.
pause

« Reply #456 on: May 21, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »

If this is the quest in the prologue I'm thinking of, I didn't crash here, but I had an interesting bug. So, the guy takes off on horseback, I get a loading screen. I hear stuff going on, and the load takes inordinately long. Finally, load fades and it cuts to a game over screen. All right, continue from last save. Go through the dialogue again, cut to loading screen. Still taking an inordinately long time. Load fades, and I'm in the midst of getting mauled by a pack of like 5 wolves. And I don't just mean that there happened to be five wolves around that I wasn't prepared for. I mean that this fight started while the loading screen was still displaying. I was down to about half my life bar by the time I was able to see anything.

studyguy

« Reply #457 on: May 21, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »

If this is the quest in the prologue I'm thinking of, I didn't crash here, but I had an interesting bug. So, the guy takes off on horseback, I get a loading screen. I hear stuff going on, and the load takes inordinately long. Finally, load fades and it cuts to a game over screen. All right, continue from last save. Go through the dialogue again, cut to loading screen. Still taking an inordinately long time. Load fades, and I'm in the midst of getting mauled by a pack of like 5 wolves. And I don't just mean that there happened to be five wolves around that I wasn't prepared for. I mean that this fight started while the loading screen was still displaying. I was down to about half my life bar by the time I was able to see anything.

I actually had the load screen take super long on this one too.
pause

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #458 on: May 21, 2015, 02:15:28 PM »
Nothing like coming across a lynch mob of dirt poors, and in the ensuing fight you end up doing those finishing animations on everyone of them.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #459 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:10 PM »
What kind of ability spec are y'all going for?

I just keep dumping everything into fast attack :hitler and now a little bit in Quen.

Basically what I did in W2
Sword smacking and Igni. Especially Igni.

Need to do damage? Igni.
Need to knock something a bit back? Igni.
Need to stall something to run away a bit? Igni.
Mind control? How about burn control? Igni.

sarslip

« Reply #460 on: May 21, 2015, 02:42:47 PM »
Nothing like coming across a lynch mob of dirt poors, and in the ensuing fight you end up doing those finishing animations on everyone of them.

:lol

yeah that bar fight comes to mind,

oh sorry yenny baby just a small scuffle [decapitated head rolls by]

studyguy

« Reply #461 on: May 21, 2015, 03:05:19 PM »

Fuck I thought I was gonna end up boxing the crowd or some new minigame.
Guess fucking not.
pause

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #462 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:05 PM »

He's kinda surprised about the reaction, too. :lol Had half a mine to reload, see if you can stop short of killing them, but said fuck it.

I gotta say, Gwent is growing on me. I'm buying cards whenever I see them. Just beat the Baron first try. :]

Brehvolution

« Reply #463 on: May 21, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »
241mb patch 1.03 is out.
©ZH

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #464 on: May 21, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »
241mb patch 1.03 is out.

Yup

Please find the detailed list of fixes below:
Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
Improves menu handling
Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
Rostan Muggs is back
Minor SFX improvements
yar

Stoney Mason

« Reply #465 on: May 21, 2015, 06:37:31 PM »
sucks I'll have to wait for this to pass cert on xbox.

El Babua

« Reply #466 on: May 21, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »
Playing on the second highest difficulty.

Don't really like the combat mechanics/jank/floatiness but love the fact that it's not a cakewalk and even a pack of wolves can wreck me if I'm not careful and prepared. Makes exploring that much more dangerous and thrilling.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #467 on: May 21, 2015, 08:05:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm playing on "hard" or whatever as well. I think I've got the hang of it now though. I avoid the hard lock-on and don't go for the full three hit combo any more. Instead I just use the camera to soft lock onto and swing at whoever is closest. Makes it look like you're playing W1 if things go well. The animations look great too as you go from swinging forward to stabbing backward. However, I still get greedy once I have someone singled out and promply pay for it.

One thing that's a bit of a bummer right now is that enemies are leached very agressively. They simply do not chase you. Good to know while you're still learning, but I've already cheesed my way through a group of bandits that way. They will just run in circles or stand still near the edge of whatever invisible wall traps them. If there are no archers you can just stare at them holding their dicks while you stuff your stomach with raw meat and queue up the next spell.

Also, Criri is insanely powerful. I went from flailing waif to unstoppable death machine. No wonder she doesn't have any spells.

« Reply #468 on: May 21, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
The underwater ruin in Velen, with all its obstacles and monster hazards, really showcases the strength of this game's swimming mechanics.

:hitler

Brehvolution

« Reply #469 on: May 21, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »
It took a while, but my first brush with the hunt. :whew
©ZH

Brehvolution

« Reply #470 on: May 21, 2015, 08:49:27 PM »
It's starting to get hard very fast.

The game :shh
[close]
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #471 on: May 21, 2015, 11:14:56 PM »
The underwater ruin in Velen, with all its obstacles and monster hazards, really showcases the strength of this game's swimming mechanics.

:hitler

If we're talking about the same place, its fucking massive too. Spent like two hours in there.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #472 on: May 22, 2015, 12:30:36 AM »
What is it with games not giving you storage banks. Neither Witcher 3 nor Inquisition had it (Inquisition added it later in a patch) even though prior editions in both series did.

Do they expect me to be efficient or something. I'm a pack rat.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #473 on: May 22, 2015, 12:52:40 AM »
Dat horseracing money

:lawd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #474 on: May 22, 2015, 01:22:14 AM »
What is it with games not giving you storage banks. Neither Witcher 3 nor Inquisition had it (Inquisition added it later in a patch) even though prior editions in both series did.

Do they expect me to be efficient or something. I'm a pack rat.

It pained me to sell all the notes and books I had picked up.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #475 on: May 22, 2015, 02:11:15 AM »
Had my first glitch. Happened when the Wild Hunt doofus opens up those portals, then Keira creates a dome to shield you- for some reason it wouldn't draw either of my swords, so I had to die and do that part over.
yar

« Reply #476 on: May 22, 2015, 02:45:31 AM »
that baron questline ending :hyper

can't savescum your way out of that one.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #477 on: May 22, 2015, 02:57:05 AM »
Game is just great so far. Probably the best experience for me since Red Dead or maybe Mass Effect 2.

CD Projekt RED are just wow. They keep making huge leaps with each game. This game in particular just makes Witcher 1 and 2 seem quaint for what they were but they were always building to something of this caliber. And that universe is so much better served by the transition to an open world experience.

Brehvolution

« Reply #478 on: May 22, 2015, 09:07:43 AM »
I want to go do side stuff, but the main quest is so compelling. :lawd
Starting to feel a little under leveled. As soon as I get out from beating the hunt dude, the first pack of bandits slaughter me.

This game. :hyper
©ZH

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #479 on: May 22, 2015, 09:12:39 AM »
Game is just great so far. Probably the best experience for me since Red Dead or maybe Mass Effect 2.

CD Projekt RED are just wow. They keep making huge leaps with each game. This game in particular just makes Witcher 1 and 2 seem quaint for what they were but they were always building to something of this caliber. And that universe is so much better served by the transition to an open world experience.
Yup. It feels like this is what the series was meant to be like from the beginning.