Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 939044 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #7860 on: October 17, 2019, 12:36:58 PM »
Rumors for the Day:

A report from Sports Illustrated says Eric Bischoff was fired by Vince McMahon because of SmackDown’s big second week ratings drop, to send a message to stockholders how committed he is to the success of the show on Fox.

SI also notes Bischoff’s four month run was “marked by his failure to assimilate into the corporate structure of the company”.

LOL.  So does that mean Brother Love is next on the chopping block as the ratings continue to inevitably decline?   :doge

WWE attempted to buy Pro Wrestling NOAH as part of their push to launch NXT Japan, according to Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio. The deal did not happen.

While it was speculation and not reporting, Meltzer also recently said on Observer Radio he thinks Seth Rollins burning down Firefly Fun House was a way to write the concept off as Fox doesn’t want it as part of SmackDown.

One more from Observer Radio... R-Truth & Carmella were split in the Draft because USA came up with the 24/7 title and wanted to keep the champ on Raw, but WWE doesn’t like separating real life couples and Corey Graves is on SmackDown.

If there's any truth to that speculation...then why did they even put Wyatt on Smackdown?  :lol
:neogaf
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #7861 on: October 17, 2019, 02:22:27 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

This borders on Miz tier, made specially worse because Jericho worked in Mexico and with lucha dudes for years and years, plus Darby had his hands tied behind his back and weighs about 140 pounds. Jericho is making no effort to be a proper base and protect Darby on those moves.

I see Jericho has gone subtle with his benoit tribute tights  :-*

I’d love to go on a full day bender with him to hear his ‘Chris was framed’ theories he’s been wise enough to not spit out in public so far.
(ice)

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #7862 on: October 17, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »

This borders on Miz tier, made specially worse because Jericho worked in Mexico and with lucha dudes for years and years, plus Darby had his hands tied behind his back and weighs about 140 pounds. Jericho is making no effort to be a proper base and protect Darby on those moves.

I see Jericho has gone subtle with his benoit tribute tights  :-*

I’d love to go on a full day bender with him to hear his ‘Chris was framed’ theories he’s been wise enough to not spit out in public so far.

Darby seems like Janella light in terms of not caring his body gets fucked for wrestling. Except he's actually in shape so maybe he can take more bumps. Probably not.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7863 on: October 18, 2019, 03:45:53 PM »
i guess prichard talks smackdown/bischoff on his pod this week, haven't listened yet but i can't imagine he has much dirt to say

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7864 on: October 18, 2019, 04:04:42 PM »
Jake Crist looks like a punk Gordon Ramsey.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7865 on: October 18, 2019, 06:00:29 PM »
ken shamrock looks like a pile of garbage

« Reply #7866 on: October 19, 2019, 12:07:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1184629659234795520
:asuka :asuka :asuka :asuka :asuka

I told mom I want to go to cabbage camp this summer.

I don't know why a Japanese woman using the Asian equivalent of a Ronco product is so fascinating.

Tripon

« Reply #7867 on: October 19, 2019, 12:09:08 PM »
https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1185368447611486214

AEW tries their own Giant Dad storyline.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7868 on: October 19, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/1184629659234795520
:asuka :asuka :asuka :asuka :asuka

I told mom I want to go to cabbage camp this summer.

I don't know why a Japanese woman using the Asian equivalent of a Ronco product is so fascinating.

EEZEE-PEEZEE

CAKE

PIECE OF CAKE

:asuka
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #7869 on: October 19, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »
So if you want to be pushed, start a youtube channel?  :doge

Tripon

« Reply #7870 on: October 19, 2019, 11:47:41 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7872 on: October 21, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7873 on: October 21, 2019, 01:46:19 PM »
Looks like there's a clear winner in the Great Wrasslin War of 2019...

https://www.cagesideseats.com/impact-wrestling/2019/10/20/20924279/joey-ryan-signs-with-impact-wrestling-bound-for-glroy

kylie rae, who recently quit AEW out of the blue, was also on the show last night

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7874 on: October 21, 2019, 06:24:08 PM »
my theory is it's something family related and keeping her near her home, which is why she'd come out for a chicago event but not work for a traveling company. even if she signed with impact that's less travel since they only film once a month.

dkdk

« Reply #7875 on: October 21, 2019, 09:13:26 PM »
Lana looking more delicious tonight than usual.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7876 on: October 21, 2019, 09:14:16 PM »
not watching raw or nfl tonight :jeb

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7877 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:29 PM »
The Bore was down when Ric Flair was cutting a crazy ringside promo and forgetting where he was.   :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7878 on: October 21, 2019, 09:21:59 PM »
https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2019/10/21/20925102/eric-bischoff-explains-why-he-was-fired-from-wwe

Eric Bischoff really did wait over two hours into his latest podcast to address his departure from WWE.

On this week’s episode of 83 Weeks, Bischoff attempted to explain why he was let go by WWE last week. Hired by WWE in late June, Bischoff was fired as Executive Director of SmackDown amidst reports of missteps with FOX as well as questions about his work habits.

When discussing his shorter than expected stint with WWE, Bischoff sounded more disappointed than surprised by the move from Vince McMahon.

“My feelings right now are, number one, I’m really grateful for the opportunity to work in WWE. It didn’t work out the way I wanted it to work out. It clearly didn’t work out the way Vince McMahon wanted it to work out. But that happens. I’m not taking any of it personally. Professionally, I’m taking a hard look at it and thinking it through. More than anything, I’m grateful for the opportunity. Part of the reason is I am, I had a chance to work with a great team of people. The writing staff for SmackDown in particular, as well as a lot of other writers who were on Raw. They are very, very talented and unbelievably hard working and dedicated group of people. Just to have the opportunity to work with people like that, was worth this experiment.”

Eric continued:

“I didn’t come here thinking I was going to be in WWE for 5 or 10 years. I looked at it as a relatively short term opportunity, meaning 2-3 years. I didn’t think it would be quite this short term, but sometimes that happens. WWE is a great company with a very defined culture and process. I didn’t necessarily fit into it. That’s just the way it is. I’m not sad, disappointed, any of those things. Just looking forward to the next opportunity, whenever and wherever that may be.”

Cracking back on what he called the dirt sheets, Bischoff wanted to make it very clear that he and current SmackDown Executive Director Bruce Prichard are very close friends. In fact Bischoff would go on to say that without Prichard he probably would not have gotten the opportunity with WWE in the first place.

Bischoff would also announce his travel plans for the remainder of the year. The former WWE employee plans to stay in Stamford, Connecticut until the end of November before heading down to Florida where he plans to spend a month with family during the Holidays. Bischoff will then make his way back to his home in Wyoming.

When asked by his podcast co-host Conard Thompson if he would do it all over again, Bischoff quickly answered he had no regrets and he would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Bischoff added he would have liked to have met Vince McMahon’s expectations and also would have liked to have had a longer run with WWE this time around.

:hulk
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7879 on: October 21, 2019, 09:35:46 PM »
i was very concerned the fat guy was dead but he survived that fall uninjured, thank god

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7880 on: October 21, 2019, 09:37:36 PM »
:dead at RVD's heel turn apparently mad because people kept doing his moves in the match and then he took his ponytail out and looked worse than HBK and the fan reaction was  :neogaf

Wait, what?   :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7881 on: October 21, 2019, 09:44:10 PM »
also i may be mistaken but i think every single wrestler on the card (outside of the royal rumble people) did a tope at one point or another :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7882 on: October 21, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »
The announcers hype up WWE 2K19's release and King chimes in with "PLAY AS ME!  I'M IN THE GAME TOO!"

Awkward silence
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #7883 on: October 21, 2019, 09:45:46 PM »
One of the Singh brothers is the new 24/7 title champion. So they can be on 205 live and Raw at the same time?

These draft rules make no sense.  :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7884 on: October 21, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
205 Live probably won't exist for much longer :lol

Tripon

« Reply #7885 on: October 21, 2019, 09:51:02 PM »
Another BLACKED.com segment provided by WWE.

Tripon

« Reply #7886 on: October 21, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7887 on: October 21, 2019, 10:07:45 PM »
WTF is Cain doing?  He looks awful in the ring. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7888 on: October 21, 2019, 10:10:15 PM »
Loud "CM PUNK" chants during Rollins' shitty Wyatt promo  :lol
ど助平

dkdk

« Reply #7889 on: October 21, 2019, 10:20:38 PM »
this Humberto dude looks like such a "who the fuck" i thought he was a random jobber for Rollins to style on

Tripon

« Reply #7890 on: October 21, 2019, 10:22:18 PM »
this Humberto dude looks like such a "who the fuck" i thought he was a random jobber for Rollins to style on

I think WWE finally seeing the writing on the wall and turning Rollins heel, but who knows.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7891 on: October 21, 2019, 10:31:10 PM »
That match started with very loud "WE WANT WYATT" chants, too.
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #7892 on: October 21, 2019, 10:38:26 PM »
Fuck it, I'm a fan of the Singh brothers. That shit is duuuuuuuuumb.

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7895 on: October 22, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »
That last one is especially :rofl
ど助平

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7897 on: October 22, 2019, 09:43:33 PM »
 :lol :lol :lol :lol

Better than Raw and Smackdown combined.
ど助平

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #7898 on: October 23, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »
All these glitches have me more interested in the game.  They should keep them in and make them special matches, especially the humping referee.

:money

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7899 on: October 23, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »
Jericho to MJF- "who the hell wears a scarf??"   :lol
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #7900 on: October 23, 2019, 09:07:20 PM »
AEW acting like DDP can still do shit.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7901 on: October 23, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »
BAH GAWD THEY'RE GONNA DESTROY THE DIPPIN' DOTS
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7902 on: October 23, 2019, 11:59:00 PM »
Power and NXT really are the best shows out there right now. Raw is completely unwatchable, Smackdown is on the edge, and AEW is gonna do whatever they are doing.

« Reply #7903 on: October 24, 2019, 12:08:28 AM »
Was going to post a link to a youtube video with 22 minutes of grown men laughing hysterically at WWE 2K20 bugs. But then I felt saddened because I will never laugh that hard at stuff that's legitimately funny as these guys do at game characters walking on air and clipping through stuff.

So, instead, I'm posting this. Former wrestler and game journalist/game designer Justin Leeper makes some good observations about WWE 2K20.

Tripon

« Reply #7904 on: October 24, 2019, 12:09:12 AM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7905 on: October 24, 2019, 10:29:36 AM »
so aew ended their 4th show in a row with an in-ring shmoz brawl? :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7906 on: October 24, 2019, 12:02:57 PM »
Randy Orton's contract expires in summer 2020 and he's been posting little AEW-related trolls/teases like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B33tX4_ASA7/?utm_source=ig_embed

He tagged notably-disgruntled fellow 'E workers Luke Harper, Dash Wilder, and Scott Dawson too.  And Cody.   :lol

Guessing he's having fun or using it as a way to see if they'll offer him more money to stay or whatever, but makes you wonder.  He would be the first jump from one promotion to the other if he does go there. :thinking
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7907 on: October 24, 2019, 01:25:04 PM »
Kairi and Asuka back on NXT next week gonna be :lawd

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7908 on: October 24, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
NXT women's division is currently the best booked division in all of wrasslin, do not @ me
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7909 on: October 24, 2019, 03:59:20 PM »
Which is funny, because she looks like she's shitty at oral. Poor Adam Cole, bay-bay  :'(
yar

Tripon

« Reply #7910 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:10 PM »
Best Dynamite show so far:

Lucha Bros vs Private Party was LIT. Fenix is the most spectacular performer in da biz and has been for 2-3 years. Dude does the craziest shit and no one has made me :gladbron more often and as regularly in years. Private Party went from complete unknowns to a made team over the past 3 weeks so that's a success. Shame they completely ran out of gas towards the end.

Dark Order fucking sucks, at least the sloppy fat guy, their gimmick/look doesn't fit at all with everything else. SCU/Lucha Bros should be rad. However, the Young Bucks again getting a higher billed match on the show and a PPV match/feud over the tag tournament stuff despite being eliminated in the first round is fucking lame. The titles already feel secondary and there aren't even champions crowned.  JR going on and on on commentary about how the Bucks are the best team in the world even though they were ELIMINATED IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE TAG TOURNAMENT AND YET ARE STILL BOOKED LATER IN THE SHOW AND HAVE A PPV MATCH SET just makes the actual tag tournament seem like a sham. They didn't even mention the tag tournament and championship match again after SCU won their match. Didn't promote it later in the show, didn't say "hey folks tune in next week for" at the end of the show. Nothing.

This stuff with Jericho/Cody...Cody can not go a show or BTE or Youtube exclusive without mentioning WWE. It's getting kind of sad. And Jericho after winning the title is a completely different character than the Jericho they were establishing up to that point. The Bubblay got twitter memes so now that's his character. The Inner Circle is still forced as fuck and all they had to do was say Jericho sought out the best young talent to surround himself with, but instead they went with Jericho saying these 4 guys are his closest friends in the biz despite having zero association with any of them besides Jack Swagger beating him almost 10 years ago. Jericho has basically reverted to 2003-2005 Jericho that was stale as fuck and led to him taking 2-3 years off to refresh.  There's also no reason why Cody/Jericho is being portrayed like such a serious personal feud, but they also haven't established what the Omega/Mox issue is either and that's been going on for 5 months now.

Speaking of Omega, he's got some of his juice back, and it seems like they've dropped the "Has Kenny lost his smile" thing.

I love how genuinely confused to the point of starting to get angry at Orange Cassidy JR was. I also love how Tony marks out for everything, including Excalibur's commentary, live on the air. He was so bitter and burned out the last 2 years of WCW and avoided the business for most of the past 20 years, so to have him back on TNT and loving his job and wrestling is great to hear.

Thought the main event would finally have a clean finished after 3 weeks in a row of run ins and cheap finishes....only for them to do no finish at all :lol WCW truly back: 4 weeks of shows, 4 weeks of wonky main event finishes.

They're doing a terrible job of actually building up next week's show, just expecting you to tune in because of course you're going to watch. Compare this to NXT which sets up and promotes 3-4matches per show for the next show, with 2-3 for the week after, and another 2 or 3 set up for after that. You could argue that AEW is focusing on the PPV and NXT can focus solely on TV, but in 4 weeks of promoting the PPV AEW has only announced 3 matches, 2 of which were announced before they even started TV, and one of which is a tag match with a team eliminated from the first round of the tag tournament and another team not even booked in the tournament. The only guys getting real focus are, of course, The Elite and their opponents. For the PPV, they'll have one week to set up and promote a tag title match, the woman who lost to the woman's champ last week was on the show while the woman's champion was not (also holy shit Britt Baker has never had a good match in her life, has she?) and nothing has been set up for Riho at the PPV. And actual undercard stuff? Maybe Sammy Guevarra vs MJF? Swagger vs Page or Goldust? Are there any feuds or angles going on that don't involve members of The Elite?

AEW actually continued after TNT went off the air. Pac and Moxley continued to fight, with Pac laying out Moxley and tried to find something to hurt Moxley with. He found a chair, wraps it around Moxley and about to do some shit. For some reason Omega comes down and stops it, takes the chair off Moxley, and chases off Pac. Both Omega and Moxley just kinda of stare at each other. By this point, Pac is in the crowd trying to get away, and then Adam Page shows up and he's finds Pac in the crowd and beats him up a little bit too, but Pac still gets away. Page cuts a promo that basically boils down that Page and Pac have a match at Full Gear.

Why they didn't do this on TNT, I have no idea. You only saw this if you were watching the international feed with no commercials.

Tripon

« Reply #7911 on: October 24, 2019, 10:16:34 PM »

:what

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7912 on: October 25, 2019, 07:30:06 AM »
AEW actually continued after TNT went off the air. Pac and Moxley continued to fight, with Pac laying out Moxley and tried to find something to hurt Moxley with. He found a chair, wraps it around Moxley and about to do some shit. For some reason Omega comes down and stops it, takes the chair off Moxley, and chases off Pac. Both Omega and Moxley just kinda of stare at each other. By this point, Pac is in the crowd trying to get away, and then Adam Page shows up and he's finds Pac in the crowd and beats him up a little bit too, but Pac still gets away. Page cuts a promo that basically boils down that Page and Pac have a match at Full Gear.

Why they didn't do this on TNT, I have no idea. You only saw this if you were watching the international feed with no commercials.

Dirt sheets are saying that Kenny Omega was supposed to come down and do something during live TV, but he was late getting to the show and it got fucked up. 
:neogaf
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #7914 on: October 25, 2019, 07:25:02 PM »
Finally watching some NWA Powerrr. Wow, you guys weren't kidding that this is super 80s. Did they buy the set from the Price is Right?

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #7915 on: October 25, 2019, 07:30:56 PM »
It's the best current wrestling show

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #7916 on: October 25, 2019, 07:44:33 PM »
It's the best current wrestling show

(I mean it's pretty good, but not as good as NXT)
yar

Tripon

« Reply #7917 on: October 25, 2019, 08:11:05 PM »

:snoop

Whose writer's girlfriend did Chad Gable fuck to get this shit?

Tripon

« Reply #7918 on: October 25, 2019, 08:30:29 PM »
If you were wondering if WWE would follow their own rules. The answer is no. Rey Misterio is on Smackdown.

Tripon

« Reply #7919 on: October 25, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »
Why they hell didn't they put him on Smackdown to begin with since A. He's always been associated with Smackdown and B. The Cain/Brock angle is on Smackdown and Rey is a key part of it.

I wonder if the plan after Crown Jewel is to put both Cain and Rey on RAW so they can be a second Brock of "OMG, MMA GUY CLEANING UP EVERYTHING" with his quasi manager. But WWE didn't think of what it meant to keep people seperated in an era where everything has to be promoted for the PPV to drive up subs.

WWE is the definition of a reactive organization.

Also, Lacy Evans is back to being a heel. Her being a face lasted for one match?