Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 936963 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #8220 on: November 10, 2019, 07:24:35 AM »
Damn even Arn can’t keep kayfabe around these cosplay outlaw indie goofs  :cornette
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8221 on: November 10, 2019, 01:40:37 PM »
I’ve not seen the show but idk it seems like they’re starting to run out of omg it isn’t wwe good will now.
(ice)

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #8222 on: November 10, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »
I’ve not seen the show but idk it seems like they’re starting to run out of omg it isn’t wwe good will now.

The big ish for me is that there just doesn’t seem to be many people on the roster. If there are more, they aren’t on TV or the shows. Feels like the same 10 or so people every card, even more than WWE to me.
serge

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8223 on: November 10, 2019, 02:00:22 PM »

The big ish for me is that there just doesn’t seem to be many people on the roster. If there are more, they aren’t on TV or the shows. Feels like the same 10 or so people every card, even more than WWE to me.

They signed a bunch of people but aren't using them in matches because they're either not good enough, or didn't build a storyline for them. The last PPV had a promo for this guy named Wardlow and he hasn't been seen since. Then you have a bunch of mid carders like Darby, Havoc, etc. they don't know what to do with. They pulled Janela vs Spears out of their butts in a week just to fill match time.

They need to force their talent to actually set to a time limit because these matches are going too long and they should work with TV limits. Less need for a PPV, but there, they should figure out what makes sense and what doesn't and plan it out accordingly. I thought Full Gear as a PPV was better than All Out a couple of months back. They probably could have had two more matches on the main card and one more on the buy in portion if they wanted them to fit, but instead they went the other way, made it a smaller card and just told everyone that time didn't matter.

Tripon

« Reply #8224 on: November 10, 2019, 02:45:26 PM »

Shuri

« Reply #8225 on: November 10, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »
I wonder what happened to that beer throwing dude. Security does not fuck around at big wrestling event, last year I was at a Smackdown WWE show in Montreal and some guy tried to jump the barricade to touch (?) or attack Renee Young after she left the ring , and the weird got tackled the fuck out by like 10 guys, and then they carried his dizzy ass out of the arena in seconds. The guys were total pros.

I can't see I really enjoyed Full Gear,  I love the weekly shows because there's no fucking around, 2 hours of pure wrestling, but .. Full Gear didn't feel like it was a special event, it just felt like a super long tv episode but without any of the enjoyment.

The unsanctioned match just bored me, but I'm not into deathmatch stuff at all, it's always the same weapons, always the same kind of stunts. Mox was really awesome but Omega really felt out of it the entire time. I'm not really aware of Omega's career but he really comes off as a babyface so having him do all that 'sadistic' stuff feels out of character. I kinda wish the fight had been Mox vs the BDSM dude from Dark Order or Pentagon from Luchas Bros.

The Cody vs Jericho fight felt also weird, it felt like they ran out of steam after 10 minutes. Cody got beaten the fuck out endlessly and it looked like he wasn't trying. It was a weird choreography.

They desperately need more women talent, Riho is not convincing at all, Emi Sakura's Mercury gimmick isn't working at all. Thicc Paige (Jamie Hayter) is awesome, and that new Portuguese girl that started last week  is amazing.

I don't know.. Maybe I had too much expectations after the streak of kick-ass weekly shows. Also, I'm finding out that I'm REALLY enjoying the 20 minutes time limit, the matches are quick and intense. I can't put up with those long 30-40+ minutes bouts anymore, I start to lose interest.

I also really expected MJF to walk up the ramp to get greeted by Jeriho, as a new member of the Inner Circle. I feel it's  a missed opportunity.

Someone posted earlier that the roster isn't big enough yet, and this ppv really exposed that issue. The fact that it's always the same 10 guys always wrestling each other is starting to get old..

But all of these complains are just personal hangups I think.

I'm still hyped for the next show wednesday.

Tripon

« Reply #8226 on: November 10, 2019, 11:01:57 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8227 on: November 10, 2019, 11:04:37 PM »
they should have that guy throw a drink at every show

Tripon

« Reply #8228 on: November 11, 2019, 03:04:34 PM »
https://twitter.com/SinCaraWWE/status/1193951665310842883

SIN CARA CONTRACT RELEASE
Last night, after praying and considering it a lot, thinking about my children and their future, I made one of the most difficult but sensible decisions that I had to make in my professional wrestling career; I have asked for my WWE release.

Since I was a child, all I wanted to do was fight and all my life I have made decisions and sacrifices to put myself in a position to fulfill that dream. They are 20 long years of experience and total ethrega to my sport that I love and respect. I have traveled the world, met incredible people and fought for the incredible fans of the WWE Universe.

I am so grateful for the opportunity they gave me, however, I realized that I am stuck in a place where I am not valued as an athlete or talent. I have worked hard and honestly for many years to polish my trade, I have been loyal, respectful, a team player, support and I have patiently waited for the opportunity to show the world everything I can do. Unfortunately, after all these years, that opportunity never came or I feel that it will ever come while I remain where I am.

The best years of my professional wrestling career are coming and I think the best is yet to come! I am a healthy, disciplined man, respectful of my profession and its environment, of my companions and mainly of the public to whom I have never failed. This is not the end, on the contrary, this is the beginning of the next chapter and I am excited for what the future holds! (Isaiah 43: 18-19)

I want to thank WWE for this incredible chapter, I will always be grateful. Most importantly, thanks to the WWE Universe for its unwavering support and to all my public that in all parts of the world has supported me and showed its affection, the only way I can correspond is to continue providing myself with all the dedication, passion and professionalism that I have Always shown. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2019/11/sin-cara-requests-wwe-release-662043/

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8229 on: November 11, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »
I can’t help but think this will end up with him signing a nice new deal, what the fuck else is he gonna do?
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8230 on: November 11, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »
Dirt sheets think he'll do MMA since he's buddies with Alberto.

Even though it hasn’t been announced yet by WWE, The Colons are reportedly done with the company and it is the reason why they weren’t on the recent WWE house show in San Juan. The Observer Newsletter notes that WWE has offered to bring Carlito back but he is currently undecided on that.

Legit forgot they were even still there.
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #8231 on: November 11, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »
Dirt sheets also says Vince thinks the cucking angle with Rusev, Lana and Lashley is funny as well and wants it continue partly because the crowd hates it. They're probably right.

Tripon

« Reply #8232 on: November 11, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »
https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1150958-bully-ray-on-how-mjfs-turn-on-cody-couldve-been-better

“What MJF should have done is thrown in his scarf,” said Bully Ray. “Because the scarf could have been symbolic of the towel. You could have seen him get on the apron, look at the referee, and throw in the scarf. The referee could have looked at the scarf as if that was the throwing in the towel. That would have been very symbolic.”

Bully Ray understands what they were trying to do, though, but believes it could have been a legendary moment. “After he turned on Cody, what I would have done if I was MJF was take his scarf and I would have blotted the face of Cody Rhodes. I would have gotten all of Cody’s blood on that scarf and that’s the scarf I would wear from now until the end of the day. That scarf could have been his Shroud of Turin, the shroud that Jesus’ blood was on, that could have represented with that scarf. To AEW fans, Cody walks on water, he is to AEW what Dusty was to the NWA … that is the moment in time that would have lived forever.”

Bubba Ray really wants everyone to know that MJF is jewish.

« Reply #8233 on: November 12, 2019, 05:51:05 PM »
I thought my love for Asuka would never end, would defy time and space and the IIconics.

But she ate insects.

I love you, Asuka, now and forever. We are done.

(Please don't tell me how you ate insects and they taste great and are nutritious. You are stupid, and I hate you in life.)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8234 on: November 12, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »
 ::)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8235 on: November 12, 2019, 07:46:43 PM »
I thought my love for Asuka would never end, would defy time and space and the IIconics.

But she ate insects.

I love you, Asuka, now and forever. We are done.

(Please don't tell me how you ate insects and they taste great and are nutritious. You are stupid, and I hate you in life.)

:noooo
ど助平

« Reply #8236 on: November 12, 2019, 08:16:53 PM »
Sounding pretty racist right now, bub

No, really, explain.

Tripon

« Reply #8237 on: November 12, 2019, 08:20:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/ThaisunBentobox/status/1194387249078472706

Eh, they look fine. I probably wouldn't ever eat it, but we eat stuff like prawns, crabs, and lobsters and they're just giant sea bugs.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8238 on: November 12, 2019, 08:38:55 PM »
:kobeyuck

no shellfish and no bugs pls

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8239 on: November 12, 2019, 08:54:27 PM »
 :delicious

Tripon

« Reply #8240 on: November 12, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »
Excalibur and Jimmy Havoc got into a fight at Tony Schiavone's birthday party

Excalibur put that spooky nerd to sleep :dead

Then Jimmy got mad and threw his phone at Excalibur but missed and shattered it on a wall

:dead

Jim Cornette said that the reason why Excalibur was so mad at Havoc was because Havoc took a photo of them with his mask off. I don't know if that's true, but that's hilarious if true.

dkdk

« Reply #8241 on: November 12, 2019, 11:18:30 PM »

ryback having fun out here

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8243 on: November 12, 2019, 11:58:02 PM »
no wonder he wears the mask  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8245 on: November 13, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »
I thought mma Phil was gonna be fighting Logan Paul
(ice)

TVC15

« Reply #8246 on: November 13, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1194480602583633925

::)

I only saw this clip of the show, but I feel safe making this statement:

Jesus, WWE can’t even do a braindead chat show without making it look like the most labored and inorganic thing possible.
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8247 on: November 13, 2019, 02:50:03 PM »
dunno what aew is doing tonight but this looks great

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8248 on: November 13, 2019, 02:53:28 PM »
all excrement wrasslin

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8249 on: November 13, 2019, 03:00:30 PM »
They should have garza doing something a bit better than the loserweight division imo.
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8250 on: November 13, 2019, 03:08:22 PM »
Mia yim swinging about the cane last week was decent and the only time I’ve ever given a molecule of a shit whenever I’ve seen her so it might be decent.
(ice)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #8251 on: November 13, 2019, 03:09:26 PM »
Shayna dragged a decent match out of her

:yeshrug
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8252 on: November 13, 2019, 03:10:34 PM »
she came to our local shithole wrestle show once and beat up most of the dudes so that was cool

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8253 on: November 13, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
I wouldn’t say she’s terrible, just kind of blah.

Her run in last week was the only time I’ve seen a bit of fire out of her.
(ice)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8254 on: November 13, 2019, 04:11:18 PM »
taynara is pretty good but the end of her match last week was weird as hell

TVC15

« Reply #8255 on: November 13, 2019, 04:12:01 PM »
So, AEW tonight, what all is announced? I know of:

* Hangman v PAC rematch that nobody wants of an originally unwanted match that just happened
* “Records count” tag team championship match between who gives a fuck and Chris Jericho and that cool young dude I wouldn’t mind disciplining

The first one is legit making me yawn thinking about it. The second one is just a stupid idea but I can’t play down Jericho’s ability to amuse me very much.
serge

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #8256 on: November 13, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »
They need to push Vanessa borne more  :mynicca
(ice)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8257 on: November 13, 2019, 04:15:09 PM »
So, AEW tonight, what all is announced? I know of:

* Hangman v PAC rematch that nobody wants of an originally unwanted match that just happened
* “Records count” tag team championship match between who gives a fuck and Chris Jericho and that cool young dude I wouldn’t mind disciplining

The first one is legit making me yawn thinking about it. The second one is just a stupid idea but I can’t play down Jericho’s ability to amuse me very much.
according to their twitter, moxley is gonna cut a promo

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #8258 on: November 13, 2019, 04:17:35 PM »
They need to push Vanessa borne more  :mynicca

Like, off a cliff? In a dumpster like they did to Sami Zayn?
yar

TVC15

« Reply #8259 on: November 13, 2019, 04:24:22 PM »
How prominent is my waifu BEDROOM GENERAL WALTER likely to be on NXT tonight?
serge

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #8260 on: November 13, 2019, 04:30:43 PM »
pretty much no chance sadly, but also he just got jobbed out to Seth Rollins twice in 11 minutes, so who cares if he's a large Austrian murder baby anymore, BURN IT DOWN™
yar

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8261 on: November 13, 2019, 05:40:20 PM »
#vivalaraza  :tocry

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8262 on: November 13, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
garza is dat dude :jeb

TVC15

« Reply #8263 on: November 13, 2019, 08:12:31 PM »
Lol Moxley with a giant bandage on his diseased elbow
serge

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8264 on: November 13, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »
why do they keep saying "angel" :maf

mama mia mauro, learn a goddamn accent

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8265 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status/1194733835583406081

Jordan Myles recently released a video lashing out at WWE, apparently quitting the company in the process.

“As of today, I’d like to officially announce that I quit f*cking WWE," Myles said in the video. "I am no longer employed. I refused to work for racists. I f*cking quit, f*ck them."

Myles continued, "I hate that f*cking company and everything they f*cking stand for. All they ever did was hold our people back. I do this sh*t for the culture. I don’t need anyone’s f*cking permission to do what I want to do. Screw Jordan Myles, don’t ever call me by that slave name. Call me ACH and don’t forget the ‘Super’, b*tch. I quit, f*ck you!"

:stahp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's like he's unsure of himself and hesitating to say it for the first 20 seconds  :lol
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8267 on: November 13, 2019, 08:21:45 PM »
tfw you're real mad but not mad enough to change your twitter name or header image

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8268 on: November 13, 2019, 08:22:21 PM »
 :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8269 on: November 13, 2019, 08:29:09 PM »
i was wondering how mauro was gonna sneak in "ok boomer" but that was pretty hamfisted :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8270 on: November 13, 2019, 08:32:16 PM »
They let the 10 guy go pretty quick. :lol

Jesus that kick fucked her up

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8271 on: November 13, 2019, 08:44:45 PM »
YA BIG DUMMEH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8272 on: November 13, 2019, 09:09:29 PM »
Dijak is not who I expected to be the 4th member of Team Ciampa at all, kind of random although I guess he did have that thing with Strong for a bit. Really figured it was going to be a returning Dream or Gargano.

Not cleared yet, I guess.
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8273 on: November 13, 2019, 09:13:40 PM »
wardlow  :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8274 on: November 13, 2019, 09:15:13 PM »
"Thicc" on his gear? 
:dead
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #8275 on: November 13, 2019, 09:26:14 PM »
1. Him quitting doesn't mean shit if WWE doesn't release him, and you can count on one hand how many people they've actually let go without a fight in the past 4-5 years. The only guys to really get out were Rey and Punk and that was because they had the money for lawyers to get them out.

2. I think he's going to have a hard time getting booked anywhere significant for a while

Did Moxley just run out his contract? Looking back, no way WWE would let him go just because of how vocal he's been in the last year. It might be worth a couple of millions per year to just shut him up.

The Revival might be in a similar boat but I think their contract actually ran out and just are trying to negotiate.

Tripon

« Reply #8276 on: November 13, 2019, 09:34:23 PM »
I don't think AEW knows how to start new storylines. Despite having clean endings to all of their matches at the PPV, they're just seem to be continuing every single one.

Why are LAX and the Young Bucks still feuding?

Tripon

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8278 on: November 13, 2019, 09:51:56 PM »
LOL if it ends up being Bayley who took out all the NXT women.
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #8279 on: November 13, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »
AEW just said that if the match runs over, they're going to stream it live on youtube.  TNT execs must hate overruns despite giving up on original content. Seinfeld reruns probably make more money for them just on ads alone. :lol