Author Topic: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: I don't know what I just saw  (Read 925940 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: Pro Wrasslin' Thread: When It Reigns, It Bores
« Reply #5640 on: January 07, 2019, 09:53:12 PM »
the supposed AEW tv show is going to be on tuesday, so that will compete with smackdown. there are supposed to be some announcements on AEW stuff tomorrow too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5641 on: January 07, 2019, 10:17:12 PM »
Ronda just came out to put over the "unsung hero of the Raw women's division." 

Sasha Banks.

:confused
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5642 on: January 07, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
Nia also made the most fucked up "throat clearing" noise I have ever heard. :lol

And Raw is shit as usual.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5643 on: January 07, 2019, 10:18:58 PM »
how was the hogan thing

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5644 on: January 07, 2019, 10:21:10 PM »
how was the hogan thing

He just came out to present a video package on Mean Gene.  There was a little bit of interaction with the audience, but can't blame Hogan when the crowd has Hogan shirts on.  And then he kind of cut a promo on heaven.

I see REEEEE was freaking out about about it. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5645 on: January 07, 2019, 10:38:27 PM »
not to turn this into another resetti thread but

Is it just me or did Hogan look really out of shape?

they so mad :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5646 on: January 07, 2019, 10:46:57 PM »
 :hulk

This main event is awful.  Should have had the Hogan segment or the Brock/Braun face-off end the show.

ど助平

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5647 on: January 07, 2019, 10:51:05 PM »

This main event is awful.  Should have had the Hogan segment or the Brock/Braun face-off end the show.

Whaaaaaaaat? But when do we ever get to see Seth and Dean wrestle each other?
serge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5648 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:10 PM »

Whaaaaaaaat? But when do we ever get to see Seth and Dean wrestle each other?

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5649 on: January 07, 2019, 10:58:53 PM »
BUT WAIT BOBBY LASHEY RUN-IN!  RAW IS SO DIFFERENT THAN IT WAS A MONTH AGO!!   :o

:snore
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5650 on: January 08, 2019, 12:06:56 AM »
Lacey Evans and EC3 debuted tonight...on Main Event.
:neogaf
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #5651 on: January 08, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »

Still doing better than No Way Jose!

(I don't actually know that for a fact, he may be dominating Main Event and I wouldn't know it cause I'm not one of the 3 people that watches it)
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5652 on: January 08, 2019, 03:11:48 PM »

Still doing better than No Way Jose!

(I don't actually know that for a fact, he may be dominating Main Event and I wouldn't know it cause I'm not one of the 3 people that watches it)

Even No Way Jose debuted on Raw!  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5653 on: January 08, 2019, 06:38:28 PM »
AEW info shamelessly stolen from Reddit

For those unable to watch the stream for whatever reason or can't watch a video right now, these are some personal notes from the All Elite Wrestling Double or Nothing rally:

- Christopher Daniels confirms he, Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky have all signed with All Elite Wrestling.

- Cody talks about compared to other forms of entertainment and sports that wrestlers are mostly always the least paid, but AEW plans to change that.

- Cody claims in AEW, wins and losses will matter more than "ever before"

- Cody claims the fans are most important and there won't be any set of stars the fans are seen as they "have to cheer", fans can be whatever fans they want to be.

- Matt Jackson claims they (The Elite) were all approached by the Khan family and asked, "Do you really want to change the world?"

- Matt Jackson claims all talent are welcomed in AEW, no matter the gender, the race, the religious views, etc. If they are "Elite" ... they are welcomed and wanted at AEW.

- Matt Jackson claims the Chinese promotion, "OWE" (Oriental Wrestling Entertainment) will have a partnership with AEW and they will bring their talent into AEW to help showcase their talent.

- Nick Jackson confirms May 25th 2019, Double or Nothing takes place at the MGM Arena in Las Vegas, NV.

- Brandi confirms there will be a women's division in AEW.

- Brandi speaks about touring the last year all around the world and has been speaking to the best talent around the world and "more on that to come."

- Brandi confirms that wrestlers will be paid on an equal scale regardless of gender.

- Britt Baker doubles down on the statement of AEW prioritizing women's wrestling.

- Britt Baker confirms her signing with AEW.

- MJF implies a company cannot be "elite" without him. (More than likely confirming his signing with AEW)

- Joey Janela (with Penelope Ford) attacks MJF from behind.

- Janela confirms both he and Ford are "All Elite" in 2019.

- 100k+ people are confirmed to be watching the rally live online.

- Page claims this is the best "first day on the job" because he doesn't have a boss micromanaging his every move or how to speak or how to play his music. His "boss" is "us" (the fans)

- Adam Page claims in 2019, he will be the first "All Elite Wrestling Champion"

- PAC makes his way onto the stage.

- PAC and Adam Page have an intense stare down on the stage.

- PAC confirms his signing with AEW.

- Cody confirms the second AEW show will take place in Jacksonville, FL on an unannounced date. Confirms a portion of the gate will go towards the benefit of the victims of Gun Violence.

- Chris Jericho makes his way out onto the stage.

- Chris Jericho confirms his signing with AEW.

- Chris Jericho confirms he'll be apart of "Double or Nothing" on May 25th.

- End of conference.

---

CONFIRMED AEW Roster as of the end of the conference with more obviously to come down the line:
- Cody
- Matt Jackson
- Nick Jackson
- Adam Page
- Christopher Daniels
- Frankie Kazarian
- Scorpio Sky
- MJF
- Joey Janela
- PAC
- Chris Jericho
- CIMA
- T-Hawk
- El-Lindamen
- Takehiro Yamamura.
- Penelope Ford
- Britt Baker
- Brandi Rhodes

From watching what I was able, looking like Hangman Page gonna be the main babyface and PAC/Neville the main heel. Better than Cody so that works for me.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5654 on: January 09, 2019, 12:16:35 AM »
We sure are getting a lot of championship rematches after this new policy change, just taking a roundabout fuckin way to get there

Also, holy shit, Rey hit a Canadian Destroyer on Almas tonight

https://twitter.com/WWEUniverse/status/1082812181912014849
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5655 on: January 11, 2019, 03:36:05 PM »
Dirt sheets on why Lars Sullivan has yet to appear on either Raw or SD.  If he has this kind of performance anxiety, how did they not catch it in NXT?

-- As noted, WWE has tentatively planned for a John Cena vs. Lars Sullivan match at WrestleMania, however, behind-the-scenes developments this week have caused uncertainty on whether this match will actually take place.

-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Sullivan was actually scheduled to debut on the main roster this week, working dark matches on Raw and Smackdown. However, due to an "anxiety attack", he either didn't show up to Raw or left early. WWE officials made contact with him and "smoothed things over" but the next night at Smackdown, he never showed up to the event at all and ended up flying back to his his home in Colorado.

-- At this point, nothing is known on if WWE will continue the anticipated monster push that was scheduled. Perhaps there won't be a sign until the Royal Rumble as that is when the angle leading to the WrestleMania match was expected to begin. While WWE is significantly more understanding of mental health issues after their experiences with Mauro Ranallo, it's still up in the air whether the company will remain committed to Sullivan or whether they will decide that it's too risky to invest in him that heavily.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5656 on: January 11, 2019, 04:25:56 PM »
i was surprised they were going that hard with him anyway. he doesn't seem to be a standout dude in looks or ring ability.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5657 on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »
i was surprised they were going that hard with him anyway. he doesn't seem to be a standout dude in looks or ring ability.

He looks like he could be the next SNITSKY!
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5658 on: January 12, 2019, 04:41:18 PM »
NXT UK Takeover was pretty good.  Dunno who Walter is but the crowd went nuts for him when he came out at the end.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5659 on: January 12, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
Walter has pretty much been the most in demand non-NJ/WWE act in the world in the past year. The reddit list I posted a few days ago has a bunch of his matches from 2018. He got some crazy deal from WWE where he can stay in Germany and run his company's dojo, work pretty much anywhere (IE all the UK indies, PWG, etc), never have to work in America or come to the main roster if he doesn't want to, which he has said many times he has no interest in being on Raw/SD but will probably do NXT from time to time.

Basically got main event money to work UK NXT when he feels like it and not go to New Japan or AEW.

He looks like a giant baby and chops the shit out of people.

:crazy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5660 on: January 12, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
They must really have a lot of faith in AEW.
ど助平

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #5661 on: January 12, 2019, 06:41:30 PM »
They also have someone with more money than Vince backing them. :doge
Hi

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5662 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:37 AM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5663 on: January 14, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »
Braun out, Balor in versus Lesnar at the Rumble.  Guess it doesn't matter since Lesnar is going to stay champ so he can drop the belt to Rollins at Mania. :zzz
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5664 on: January 14, 2019, 11:03:18 PM »
6:10~  What the fuck?  :lol 

I take it this means Vince has no faith in Heavy Machinery and they'll be a dumb comedy act?
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5665 on: January 14, 2019, 11:20:06 PM »
worthwhile raw? i saw nikki cross was there and lashley won the ic title

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5666 on: January 14, 2019, 11:21:51 PM »
having a seth/balor match without the crowd throwing a tantrum over the red belt would be nice. also reading stro's apoplectic review of it would be entertaining

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5667 on: January 14, 2019, 11:35:13 PM »
https://twitter.com/Sodakick/status/1084935152319356928
:rofl

worthwhile raw? i saw nikki cross was there and lashley won the ic title

Only saw bits and pieces...didn't seem to be anything special. 
ど助平

« Reply #5668 on: January 15, 2019, 12:05:34 AM »
Turned on Raw for a minute, heard Vince McMahon refer to some wrestlers as "beef." It sounded awkward and out of place, so of course he repeated it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5671 on: January 19, 2019, 04:31:40 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5672 on: January 19, 2019, 10:11:32 PM »

Trent Dole

« Reply #5673 on: January 20, 2019, 01:05:10 AM »
The excellence of excecuting the cleaning of your room.
Hi

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #5674 on: January 20, 2019, 02:56:22 AM »
Does he think Bret Hart was always unlikable, never that great, and is the most overrated wrestler evar? If so, I’ll become one of JP’s followers.
serge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5675 on: January 20, 2019, 03:13:47 AM »
I didn't listen to the whole thing but it wasn't really about Hart particularly. His main point was that he's seen the Bret Hart documentary and it taught him why people watch wrestling. Because it uses standard story tropes.

mj8688
2 days ago
He missed the whole point of the documentary, that the morality of wrestling changes and leaves Bret, the archetypal hero, out on the fringes.
Graham Stephen
5 days ago
Jordan Peterson, a mark? Whodathunkit?
rainman11985
4 days ago (edited)
I was surprised to hear JP say that Bret wasn't a very sophisticated guy. In that doco he shows such deep knowledge of the psychology of a Pro Wrestling match. It's the type of deep knowledge that I thought JP respected. If they had a conversation about archetypal stories and hero and villain relationships Bret wouldn't miss a beat and I' sure would give JP examples and nuances he'd never heard before.
barrelrolldog
2 days ago
so JPs deep point about wrestling is that bret hart isn't sophisticated and wrestling isn't sophisticated? its a form of storytelling for dummies who can't read?

am i supposed to be impressed by this assessment or what? who doesn't know wrestling is storytelling? some people don't read and watch wrestling tv and movies instead? truly mind blowing stuff...

and bret hart is sophisticated actually. in the world of wresting he was the guy having amazing technical matches. and out of the ring he is a smart guy, bitter sure but i'm not sure why he deserves to be labelled unsophisticated. seems like more of a bias from JP against wrestling and wrestlers than anything else.

wobbly nostrils
3 days ago
Do these kids know how lucky they are to have such a great teacher?
Owen Sheridan
1 week ago (edited)
THAT GUY UP ON THE FRONT ROW TYPING ON HIS LAP TOP AND SCRUTINIZING HIS IPHONE IS IGNORANCE PERSONIFIED....BUT I GUESS LIFE WILL CHANGE THAT FOR HIM.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #5676 on: January 20, 2019, 03:16:40 AM »
The best part is he goes "we have ten minutes left so I'll take questions on anything", some girl asks a question and he starts rambling about the Bret Hart documentary and how Stu Hart trained his kids and has to ask the girl to repeat the question, then he ignores it again to start rambling on even more for another 15 minutes based on how much time is left in this video.

But stories. That seems to be the main thing. People like stories. Bret Hart was in stories so Canada liked him.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5677 on: January 21, 2019, 10:40:14 PM »
Dunno if it was on TV, but WWE is saying that Drew hurt Cena and his Rumble status is up in the air now.  So I guess Cena will be a "surprise" entrant now. :zzz

Raw:

Vince comes out to bury Finn Balor right in front of him, Braun, Lesnar, and Heyman.  YOUR RAW CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH, LADIES AND GENTLEMAN! :zzz

When you think of Martin Luther King, Jr. and civil rights, you think of SETH FREAKIN' ROLLINS...?

Alexa Bliss announced she's going to be in the Rumble.  Cleared, or dumb one second spot incoming? :thinking

Lacey Evans comes out to grab the mic from her and hits herself in the head so that her hat is covering her face right after.  :lol

Heavy Machinery made their debut.  I still think they're kinda goofy but the chunkier of the two can do the worm so maybe Vince will take a liking to them.  Best part of the match is when Cole says that Tucker Knight's nick name is "all knight long" or some shit because of how he can go in the ring, then Graves says "are you SURE that's why?"  LOL.

The Revival beat up guest referee Curt Hawkins, who is then saved by...ZACK RYDER!  :o  HOLY SHIT RYDER ON RAW FOR THE SECOND TIME IN LIKE A YEAR!

And then Ronda just cut an awful, awful live promo and is out in the ring and I dunno if I'm watching this main event.

Pretty awful for a Rumble build-up show, as expected.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 10:51:12 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5678 on: January 21, 2019, 10:50:35 PM »
Velveteen Dream posted this dumb shit on Twitter.  Apparently he's pissed that he's not going to be on Saturday's Takeover.

I Know My Worth.
    The past year I’ve created a special atmosphere at NXTTAKEOVER.

Until WE* can come 2 an agreement as 2 what MY WORTH actually is, there won’t be any appearances or performances from
    “The Velveteen DREAM” or
    my likeness.

~ Thank U

— The DREAM (@VelveteenWWE) January 21, 2019

Now his Twitter account is protected.  :lol I hope for his sake this is a work.
ど助平

Trent Dole

« Reply #5679 on: January 22, 2019, 04:50:49 AM »
It's locked and has a total of nine tweets. See you at AEW when your contract runs out dude?
Hi

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5680 on: January 22, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »
I doubt he'll be in the Rumble, there's some dumb NXT/205 live tournament Royal Rumble weekend where the winner gets a title shot on their brand, and Dream is in it. I guess he could work multiple matches (assuming he goes far in the tournament if not wins it) and show up in the Rumble, tho
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 09:00:21 AM by bork »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5682 on: January 23, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
:dead

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5683 on: January 23, 2019, 10:07:39 AM »
Asuka seriously needs a mouthpiece- get her a manager, stat.  Having someone do the talking for her and just having her say a few things in English and/or talk shit in holy-fuck tough n' gruff Kansai accent is enough to get her over on air, but it doesn't work on Twitter.  :doge
ど助平

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #5684 on: January 23, 2019, 11:43:02 AM »
Askua's Twitter has been a bit bizarre lately

I tapped into my sleeping psychic abilities after reaching twenty five.
I don’t use cellphones as a matter of principle, so I prefer to communicate telepathically

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #5685 on: January 23, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
Btw Dream is on this week's NXT, marks

You mean this week's NXT... which was recorded weeks ago???

(still think his tweet was a work tho)
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5686 on: January 24, 2019, 02:31:46 PM »
According to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there is a "very good chance" that Ronda Rousey may be finished with WWE soon, with WrestleMania being her last match.   If that is the case, it would strongly suggest that Rousey would put over Becky Lynch on the way out.

The Observer adds that there was a "decent amount of talk" internally regarding Rousey finishing up, given her tendency to talk about her tenure in WWE as a temporary thing with her long-term goal being to start a family with husband Travis Browne and live her life on her farm.   

It was originally reported that Rousey signed a "multi-year" deal with WWE but she really only made a commitment for one year with WrestleMania as the target end date, however, as we have seen with Brock Lesnar, it's always possible that Vince McMahon could make another great offer and keep her until the May PPV.  Even if she does leave, Rousey is expected to be affiliated with WWE moving forward and she could even have a role like Undertaker or John Cena where she would return to TV at certain times.

ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5687 on: January 24, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
 :rejoice

rousey is trash, please let this be true  :-[

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5688 on: January 24, 2019, 02:34:54 PM »
had a better year run than goldberg did

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5689 on: January 24, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »
:rejoice

rousey is trash, please let this be true  :-[

It's just funny to me because they put so much focus on her and made the rest of the women on Raw seem like they didn't matter.   :lol  Raw needs a women's shake-up so bad but I bet they just make Charlotte or Becky move over and that's it.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5690 on: January 24, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »
In a follow-up to a previous headline about Ronda Rousey potentially wrapping up with WWE after WrestleMania, TMZ has noted that Rousey is likely headed for a "break" after the PPV and that she is "super happy" about her wrestling career and has no plans to end it.

WWE noticed the story and released the following statement:

"Ronda Rousey is under contract with WWE until April 10, 2021. Whether she wants to start a family is a private matter."

Ultimately, it appears that Rousey is considering stepping away from WWE - likely to begin a family - but that she remains with WWE for another 2+ years and will likely be back at some point. The TMZ report also notes that nothing has really been set in stone yet.

:whatsthedeal
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #5691 on: January 24, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
"plans stories change"

« Reply #5692 on: January 24, 2019, 09:14:32 PM »
It's odd the WWE would mention a specific date for a contract expiration, but I guess Ronda Rousey isn't an ordinary case.

I'd like Ronda to stick around. She's more entertaining than Carmella, Natalya, Nia, Tamina, the Iconics, etc. But that's not saying much at all.

Also, while I'm hoping for stuff, it would be nice if Asuka kept her belt for a spell.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5693 on: January 26, 2019, 09:31:45 PM »
Despite his recent claims on social media about being done with WWE, Velveteen Dream was shown sitting at ringside during the main event of Saturday night's NXT TakeOver: Phoenix live WWE Network special between Tommaso Ciampa and Aleister Black.
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/1089341154770903041
ど助平

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #5694 on: January 27, 2019, 03:00:30 AM »

:tocry  :heart :heartbeat :-[

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5695 on: January 27, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »
Time for the Rumble!

They moved the Cruiserweight match to the pre-show again.

Pre-show matches.  I missed everything but the last few minutes of the CW match.

- Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Rezar & Scott Dawson
- Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
- Kalisto vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Hideo Itami vs. Buddy Murphy

Nakamura new U.S. champ.  He went from winning the Rumble last year to the pre-show this year.  WTF.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5696 on: January 27, 2019, 07:15:01 PM »
Asuka vs. Becky is the opener.  Gonna guess whoever loses ends up in the Rumble.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5697 on: January 27, 2019, 07:27:04 PM »
Becky taps.  So she's gotta be in the Rumble now.  Maybe the winner.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5698 on: January 27, 2019, 09:26:41 PM »
No Becky?

Or is Lana being unable to compete going to lead to Becky coming out?  :thinking
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5699 on: January 27, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »
LMAO, out she comes!
ど助平