Author Topic: ACNL - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE  (Read 117206 times)

Tasty

Re: Animal Crossing: New Leaf - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE
« Reply #900 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:26 AM »

How could you even think that Tex? You're one of the good ones. 😭

Two pieces are fake and I already have the other two. :maf

giant snakehead

My second-to-last (non-deep sea) fish! Last one is King Salmon in September. :D

horseshoe crab

Aaaaand I've completed my deep-sea creatures catalog! :hyper

I always feel pangs of something when I see the train... Nostalgia? Wanderlust? Melancholy? They all seem to mix together...

Tasty

« Reply #901 on: July 05, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »

:gladbron My 5 million investment paid off thanks to that ACTurnips subreddit (thanks Cindi!! :heartbeat) Bought at 98 per, sold at 451 per. 4.5x profit.

Unfortunately I basically had 3x the amount of turnips as I had bureau storage, and since secret storage isn't enabled anywhere but your own house, that meant I had to head back to my town and swap. But I only did it 2x, so I still have 1/3rd of my turnips to sell... crazy.

In any case, the purpose was twofold:

1. to get the gold turnip badge (10 mil profit on turnips total -- this takes into account any losses you've ever had on turnips as well)
2. to get the silver savings badge (10 mil bells in bank), and take a big step towards the gold badge (100 mil bells)

In addition, I have these badges coming to me as soon as it's a sunny fucking day so Phineas can get his phat lazy ass to my town... but I digress:

- gold bug catalog completion badge
- gold deep-sea creature completion badge
- possibly gold KK Slider badge
- possibly gold letter writer badge
- possibly gold planter badge
- possibly silver balloon popper badge
- possibly bronze refurbishing badge

All those "possiblies" are definitely comimg up within the next week, which makes me so happy. Completing goals yo. 😤

Tasty

« Reply #902 on: July 05, 2019, 12:25:18 PM »
Fucking rainy day AGAIN so no Phineas and new badges. :maf

Tasty

« Reply #903 on: July 06, 2019, 11:35:32 AM »
Screenshots coming later!! Just got these badges! The first three are my first gold badges ever!!! 🤩

- gold bug catalog completion badge (72/72 species)
- gold deep-sea creature catalog completion badge (30/30 species)
- gold turnip trader badge (15 mil bells)
- silver bell saver badge (10 mil bells)
- silver balloon popper badge (100 balloons)

Tasty

« Reply #904 on: July 07, 2019, 05:06:46 PM »

Met up with a good friend for coffee last night before his show.

I ended up staying for 30 songs.

:rejoice I had caught this guy before but somehow never donated it...

Now I'm just one fish and fifteen pieces of art away from completing the museum! :mynicca

Tasty

« Reply #905 on: July 08, 2019, 10:27:50 PM »

My fourth gold badge! Just cements my BFF status with Totakeke. 😤

Also, bought about 1.8 million bells' worth of turnips yesterday -- decided to just get as much as there is bureau storage just so I have one (full) load to sell in others' towns (thanks r/acturnips!) Even though I have the gold turnip trader badge, I'm going to keep trading aggressively in order to hit the gold saver badge (100 mil bells.) I'm about 17% of the way there after buying all those turnips yesterday morning.

Also, bought one more legit piece of art for the Museum: beautiful statue. Once this arrives in the mail, that makes just one fish and fourteen pieces of art until I have total Museum completion!

Tasty

« Reply #906 on: July 09, 2019, 06:27:54 PM »

I'm playing, so play with me. Bitch. 💁🏻‍♂️

Tasty

« Reply #907 on: July 11, 2019, 09:07:45 PM »

Another three badges!

- gold letter writer
- silver bug catcher
- bronze refurbisher

Also my town's turnips hit 546 yesterday. :o I made a 7,992,000 bell profit. 27% of the way to the 100 mil bell badge. :D

Tasty

« Reply #908 on: July 20, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »

✨ 🤩 ✨

☑️ Golden Shovel
☑️ Golden Net
☑️ Golden Slingshot
☑️ Golden Can
☑️ Golden Axe

Just the fishing rod to go... ✨
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 11:49:11 AM by Tasty Meat »

Tasty

« Reply #909 on: September 01, 2019, 08:43:29 AM »
It's officially September, which means I can finally catch my final fish! Somehow missed playing this month the previous six times...

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #910 on: September 03, 2019, 09:46:26 AM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-games/older-people-are-embracing-video-games-some-stardom-n1047906
At the start of her day, Audrey Buchanan puts on her large, round-framed glasses and walks into her kitchen, where she makes herself a bowl of cereal and opens her Nintendo 3DS XL, a handheld gaming system.

While she eats breakfast at her marbled kitchen countertop, Buchanan, 88, is wandering through the world of “Animal Crossing: New Leaf,” a video game where the player interacts with a colorful neighborhood of anthropomorphized animals. From time-to-time, she will link her handheld gaming system with her grandson’s so the two can play together from across the country.

“I don’t have too much of a social life. I’m mostly stuck at home, and I don’t know,” Buchanan told NBC News. “It feels like company.”
Buchanan has put more than 3,500 hours into “Animal Crossing,” according to her grandson Paul Hubans, 38. Carpal tunnel in one hand has made it hard for her to hold the Nintendo 3DS XL, so she tries to keep it on the counter. But she said her injury hasn’t cut down her playing time.

“I try to play every day because I don’t want to disappoint my animals,” Buchanan said with a laugh, referring to her digital in-game friends.
And Buchanan has no plans to stop visiting her friends in “Animal Crossing.”

“As long as I can do it, I’m going to do it,” she said.

Tasty

« Reply #911 on: September 03, 2019, 11:11:27 AM »
Pretty much going to be me in 50 years, just with the most current version...

Tasty

« Reply #912 on: December 04, 2019, 01:44:39 PM »
WRONG THREAD

Tho I am still playing.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #913 on: December 05, 2019, 04:08:49 AM »
Ive been so busy with moving to my new appartment, I havent played AC New Leaf in over a month. I am afraid to turn it on now
What

Tasty

« Reply #914 on: March 21, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »

There was just one last loose thread for me to finish up in New Leaf: getting my golden fishing rod! Had to wait until today's fishing tourney to do so. With all six golden tools finally in my toolbelt, it's time to say goodbye to Serres and New Leaf once and for all.

I couldn't think of a more fitting goodbye than a coffee at The Roost, alongside my good friend Kapp'n.

~ Fin ~

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #916 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:59 PM »
Well im still playing New Leaf, early days for me but Id love to check out your town Tasty!

How do you get the golden tools? I didnt even know they could break untill I broke my axe earlier today when hitting a rock with it O_o
What

Tasty

« Reply #917 on: March 21, 2020, 05:19:50 PM »
Well im still playing New Leaf, early days for me but Id love to check out your town Tasty!

How do you get the golden tools? I didnt even know they could break untill I broke my axe earlier today when hitting a rock with it O_o

The axe is the only tool that breaks in New Leaf (with the golden one being invincible.) The rest just have other improvements in use, like the golden watering can covering a larger area.

To get them (let's see if I can remember):

- Bug net and fishing rod: finish each catalog and talk to the corresponding contest-runner person
- Shovel: Buy 50 fertilizers from Leif
- Slingshot: Will eventually float by after you've gotten the silver one (14+ popped presents)
- Watering can: keep your town "perfect" for two weeks (talk to Isabelle)
- Axe: buy 50 saplings from Leif

And damn you just got NL? Huh ok. :lol

Let me know if you need someone to get fruit from or to check the Stalk Market. I've basically 100%'d the game outside the art section of the museum and the song KK Birthday. :P

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #918 on: March 21, 2020, 08:03:04 PM »

The axe is the only tool that breaks in New Leaf (with the golden one being invincible.) The rest just have other improvements in use, like the golden watering can covering a larger area.

To get them (let's see if I can remember):

- Bug net and fishing rod: finish each catalog and talk to the corresponding contest-runner person
- Shovel: Buy 50 fertilizers from Leif
- Slingshot: Will eventually float by after you've gotten the silver one (14+ popped presents)
- Watering can: keep your town "perfect" for two weeks (talk to Isabelle)
- Axe: buy 50 saplings from Leif

And damn you just got NL? Huh ok. :lol

Let me know if you need someone to get fruit from or to check the Stalk Market. I've basically 100%'d the game outside the art section of the museum and the song KK Birthday. :P
Yeah man Ive only picked up a 3ds at the end of last year and im playing it on and off, but being home all the time I picked it back up again.

I dont even have the slingshot yet :( can I get it from the nookling store?

Im paying off my third house, next one should be really big. Only 110k more bells to go. Usually I go to the island and pick up tons of fruit then sell them.

I had a fishing competition today and came in second :(.

But I planted a lot of mango and banana trees today, lets see how they are doing tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips ill start working on those collections
What

Tasty

« Reply #919 on: March 21, 2020, 11:17:09 PM »
Early-game tips... go to the island a lot, especially in the evening after 7 and catch as many beetles and sharks as you can. Easy bells.

You unlock new public works project ideas the more you talk to your villagers. The best ones are The Roost and the Police Station.

GracieGrace is involved in the final Nook upgrade which is lame.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #920 on: March 22, 2020, 02:46:21 AM »
The best ones are The Roost and the Police Station.

ACAB :wag
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #921 on: March 22, 2020, 12:00:32 PM »
Early-game tips... go to the island a lot, especially in the evening after 7 and catch as many beetles and sharks as you can. Easy bells.

You unlock new public works project ideas the more you talk to your villagers. The best ones are The Roost and the Police Station.

GracieGrace is involved in the final Nook upgrade which is lame.

:-\

All I've been doing is easy things like scavenger hunts and digging fossils on the island while also picking up loads of fruit, and planting those on my own town. I havent made a public work yet.. I also dont have a swimming suit yet so im pretty early game Id imagine.. also dont have a slingshot O_o
What

Tasty

« Reply #922 on: March 22, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »
Slingshot shows up in the shop randomly, don't sweat it. The balloons passing by just have really lame balloon furniture you'll throw in storage and never look at again, they can wait.

I didn't get my diving suit until two years into the game. :lol I was such an AC purist I ignored that mechanic entirely until I decided I wanted to complete the museum. IIRC I had to spend some island medals to get it. Good thing is it's a one-time purchase (as long as you don't accidentally sell it.) You can buy more diving suits depending on the color/fashion I guess tho.

Building up your medals by doing island contests is great! It's the one area I myself haven't poured a lot of time into (well that and the campground.) You'll get a badge if you keep doing contests too, and be able to buy sweet island shop swag.

Tasty

« Reply #923 on: March 22, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
The best ones are The Roost and the Police Station.

ACAB :wag

NOT copper and booker

Some are good people :trumps

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #924 on: March 22, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »
Wrong thread whoops

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2020, 07:53:03 AM »
I bought 200 turnips at 120....for two days now they have been buying them for 80/70 bells in retail :(

Do prices differ in the morning compared to evenings Tasty?
What

Tasty

« Reply #926 on: March 25, 2020, 11:48:35 AM »
I bought 200 turnips at 120....for two days now they have been buying them for 80/70 bells in retail :(

Do prices differ in the morning compared to evenings Tasty?

Yup they change over at noon.

Use this site and follow its advice! https://kurtboyer.com/stalkmarket/

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #927 on: March 26, 2020, 07:00:20 PM »
I got my first badge today! For gardening :) and Cyrus woke up too! Also made a public work, just a town clock but still nice.

Planted a bunch of coconut trees on my beach!

Nookington has its first upgrade, gonna be able to see it tomorrow :D

The turnips I bought on sunday for 120 bells are still selling for as low as 67, what the hell man. Lets hope it gets better before sunday!
What

Himu

« Reply #928 on: March 26, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »
Good job!
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #929 on: March 26, 2020, 08:13:53 PM »
I got my first badge today! For gardening :) and Cyrus woke up too! Also made a public work, just a town clock but still nice.

Planted a bunch of coconut trees on my beach!

Nookington has its first upgrade, gonna be able to see it tomorrow :D

The turnips I bought on sunday for 120 bells are still selling for as low as 67, what the hell man. Lets hope it gets better before sunday!

Let me know if you need someone to start checking on Friday or Saturday, I can fire it up and see what the going rate in my town is.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #930 on: March 26, 2020, 08:32:36 PM »
Yeah if its still bad tomorrow I will let you know!

So does it just take awhile for stuff like the KK Slider bar/club to open? Cant wait to jam to his tunes!

Also how do you take screenshots ingame?
What

Tasty

« Reply #931 on: March 26, 2020, 09:07:33 PM »
I forget how long it takes KK to show up. You need Club LOL to open first, so some kind of interaction with Shrunk.

L + R to take screenshots. Then http://i.nintendo.net in the 3DS browser to post to Twitter and Facebook. :) (There's also a button added in v1.5 in the bottom right of the touch screen that's a shortcut to this upload page.)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #932 on: March 27, 2020, 08:43:45 AM »
Shes buying turnips for 55 bells now  :'(

Maybe tonight it will go up again? I bought them for 120!

How do you hold more than 100k bells? Because I went to the island last night and instead of only doing tours (which I was doing before) I didnt even know you could down all the way and roam that island  :lol. So I caught a ton of bugs!
What

Tasty

« Reply #933 on: March 27, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »
Bells more than 100k get put in bell bags in your inventory. If you don't have a place to spend them (*cough mortgage*) you can put them in a savings account at the Post Office, where your bells will accrue a small amount of interest (I think monthly?)

I'll check Serres's turnip prices later today! Just remind me if I forget. :3

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #934 on: March 27, 2020, 11:37:17 AM »
Oh shit there is interest? Lol like I won’t spend it on my new 750k+ mortgage or all the ramps and bridges I want now

Ugh wrong threaded sry

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #935 on: March 27, 2020, 04:14:33 PM »
Tasty what are your prices like for turnips over there? ^_^
What

Tasty

« Reply #936 on: March 27, 2020, 06:16:43 PM »
Uhhh 569 bells :lol

What's your 3DS FC? Mine is 0388-0103-5734.

And my Dream Address is 4F00-0151-BD1B, but it'll probably be a while before you unlock the Dream Suite building on Main Street. It basically let's you visit an instanced version of my town downloaded from the cloud! Also you gain bells if you upload the latest version of your town at least once a day.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #937 on: March 27, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »
I will add you in a sec, lets see if we can make this happen :D

My friend code is = 0963-6120-3783

I will add you after this post and see if I can join your town?

Yeah I heard things about the Dream Suite but yeah that's not open yet, very curious to see how the town is going to develop!
What

Tasty

« Reply #938 on: March 27, 2020, 06:33:31 PM »
Added! My gates are now open. My niece might pop up haha, she's online in this game right now despite also playing the crap out of New Leaf! A girl after her uncle's heart. :heart

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #939 on: March 27, 2020, 06:36:22 PM »
IM ON THe TRAIN
!!
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #940 on: March 27, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
an error nooooo
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #941 on: March 27, 2020, 06:54:58 PM »
it didnt save mah turnip salesdm :(

im gonna try to come back and then just sell and leave :p thanks Tasty :)
What

Tasty

« Reply #942 on: March 27, 2020, 06:55:39 PM »
:noooo And the worst problem of the 3DS version rears it's head... shaky online and bad Wi-Fi hardware.

Re-opened my gates, I'd sprint over to my town, sell, and run back to yours so you can save before any issues happen.

Tasty

« Reply #943 on: March 27, 2020, 06:56:42 PM »
I got fun screenshots of our time together too don't worry. :3

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #944 on: March 27, 2020, 07:03:07 PM »
Thanks Tasty Meat that was awesome! Very cool traveling to another town, even if only for a short time!

I also took a few pictures, I'll see if I can upload them soon!

Made off with a cool 100k bells  :aah
Now to recharge my 3ds!
What

Himu

Re: Animal Crossing: NL - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE
« Reply #945 on: March 27, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »
Changed the thread title to make it easier to tell the differences between the threads. Because both New Leaf and New Horizons start with the word "new", it's very easy to fuck up and post in  the wrong thread or even click the wrong thread.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #946 on: March 27, 2020, 07:05:41 PM »
Leaf emoji 🍃 at the end of this thread's title and island emoji 🏝️ at the end of NH's?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #947 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:20 PM »
Changed the thread title to make it easier to tell the differences between the threads. Because both New Leaf and New Horizons start with the word "new", it's very easy to fuck up and post in  the wrong thread or even click the wrong thread.

I'm sorry :( but blame it on Nintendo!
What

Tasty

« Reply #948 on: March 27, 2020, 07:06:30 PM »
Thanks Tasty Meat that was awesome! Very cool traveling to another town, even if only for a short time!

I also took a few pictures, I'll see if I can upload them soon!

Made off with a cool 100k bells  :aah
Now to recharge my 3ds!

Awesome! Glad it worked out. :D Let me know if I should check in again. I guess I don't want to truly abandon my 3DS town... coming up on my 7th anniversary in three months. :o

Tasty

« Reply #949 on: March 27, 2020, 10:45:35 PM »
Animal Crossing aint got nothing on Stardew Valley

👀

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #950 on: March 28, 2020, 11:42:19 AM »
Animal Crossing aint got nothing on Stardew Valley

👀

Yeah this was a shitty take  :lol

They are nothing alike really
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: Animal Crossing: NL 🍃 - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE
« Reply #951 on: March 28, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »
Wow Shrunk came to my town today and wanted to open Club LOL!

Ofcourse I got him the signatures he wanted :)

Someone is also building a store next to the Mable sisters? :o
What

Tasty

« Reply #952 on: March 28, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
:D Seeing Main Street slowly fill out was so much fun haha.

Next Saturday you'll be able to go to your first KK concert! :D

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #953 on: March 28, 2020, 07:48:06 PM »
Oh sweet I cant wait! I also met Gulliver on the beach today! I found out he was looking to go to Thailand, that crazy bird!

Im trying to get Gaston to move out but he doesnt want to :( I dont like him

I also made another bridge!

Oh and Tasty, can I come over again and buy that record player and that KK Metal album you got on sale in your re-sale?
I bought it initially but then I got errored out and I only sold the turnips! Doesnt have to be today whenever you have some time to run it ^_^
What

Tasty

« Reply #954 on: March 28, 2020, 08:37:23 PM »
Nice! Congrats on the bridge! Haha we finished our bridges on the same day. :P Just different games.

Put a bunch of pitfalls around him and mail him things with negative words. 😈

And yeah, let me know if you're free tomorrow!

Himu

« Reply #955 on: March 29, 2020, 01:39:06 PM »
At this point just post in the new horizons thread MMarsu. It's only you and tasty talking about it. I may join you as well because I deleted my New Horizons save and I'm selling it.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #956 on: March 29, 2020, 01:56:12 PM »
I like this thread being separate. It's a bit of slowed down classic AC breath of fresh air after the manic constant hype machine of NH.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #957 on: March 29, 2020, 02:17:22 PM »
I agree, I advise on possibly changing the title though, but thats not up to me. I also wanted to post some screenshots but still need to look into it.

I bought another 1000 turnips for 104 bells per, so if Im able to sell those this week I will be able to build the dream suite public work. It costs around 260.000 bells :o

Im sorry for the confusion
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:41:36 PM by MMaRsu »
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: ACNL - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE
« Reply #958 on: March 30, 2020, 03:07:56 PM »
Tasty can I hop by your town ^_^ ?
What

Tasty

Re: ACNL - CUTEST THREAD ON THE BORE
« Reply #959 on: March 30, 2020, 04:48:27 PM »