Author Topic: Game  (Read 24886 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Re: BREAKING: Microsoft drops the Xbone DRM (PR in first post)
« Reply #240 on: June 19, 2013, 10:28:32 PM »
You gotta connect to the internet to get that cloud power, breh.
©@©™

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #241 on: June 19, 2013, 10:29:32 PM »
microsoft also dodged the bullet of almost giving people some (however tenuous) sense of ownership over their digital titles with all that library/trade in talk.

gabe could flip a switch any day and i'd have a long hard week of torrenting before i had access to my digital library again.

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #242 on: June 19, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »
I think one of the benefits that I remember was that you can go to your friends house and see all your games on their Xbox and play them. After you download them. Which could be like 20gigs. So hopefully you're at like a sleepover or something. And your friend hasn't already filled his hdd?
nat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #243 on: June 19, 2013, 10:34:29 PM »
cliffy b top 5 punchable gaming personalities
If he is listed as all five does that mean I get to punch him five times? Cause dude needs an awful fucking lot of punching.  :punch :punch :punch :punch :punch

Also, gotta admit Sony have played their cards masterfully. Their initial reveal event and then being the final press conference enabled them to go both first and last in the release buildup. We all know that they were planning to do some sort of similar DRM bullshit if not the same due to lacking the infrastructure to do so but were able to look like heroes by saying 'nah kids we wouldn't do that to you because we love gamers <3' after seeing the massive negative backlash to MS doing it. Of course they also benefited extremely heavily from MS pr having its collective head so far up its own ass that it was poking out of its neck again a bit. Such insane hubris.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:41:51 PM by Trent Dole »
Hi

etiolate

« Reply #244 on: June 19, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
I watched the Giantbomb e3 segment with CliffyB and Jonathon Blow. Cliff was pretty doba in it.

Himu

« Reply #245 on: June 19, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
doba? :what
IYKYK

headwalk

• brutal deluxe

Himu

« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2013, 10:52:48 PM »
fucking mmo players i swear.
IYKYK

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
I would like to think in 6 years there will be a system that allows me to lend or sell back my digitally purchased gamed. Obviously this feature would only work if you can connect to the internet to perform the trade, but there's nothing wrong with that. Once the action is made, the game is no longer accessible to me and will not be accessible until it's returned. To make the return I would have to once again connect to the server, complete the action, then go back to being offline with my digital game.

It's a simple concept. It requires online to function but does not require the entire console to be online in the first place. Not online? You can't use the feature. No biggie.
nat

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #249 on: June 19, 2013, 10:54:50 PM »
Now the whining contingent is out in full force, apparently forgetting that you can still download all your fucking games and pay fifty dollars for Ryse five years from now if that's what you want
sup

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »
the big problem for sony now is that they were probably building their campaign around the drm issue.  they're going to have to bring a different angle now.

it was only microsoft who saved them from an entirely mediocre conference.

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
does he feel depressed when he goes to the library
The thing is, that analogy really doesn't hold up. Books do not lose value over time, they cannot lose impressiveness, effectiveness, the audience for any given book does not diminish, in the same way which it does for games.

i mean the author doesn't get paid whenever someone checks out a book, and cliffy seems to be all about creators getting paid whenever someone uses a product
sup

Himu

« Reply #252 on: June 19, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »
the big problem for sony now is that they were probably building their campaign around the drm issue.  they're going to have to bring a different angle now.

They were both mediocre.

But Sony had more varied games shown for both ps3 and ps4.
IYKYK

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #253 on: June 19, 2013, 11:09:16 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

... Still douching it up.
Instead of Gamestop? Who did they have a deal with? Fuck you indeed!
The bullshit they were trying to pull bordered on rent-seeking, so fuck CliffyB. Don't fucking cry to us about capitalism and the rat race it encourages when it fucks you (because you just had to chase the bigger fish) and then turn around and expect consumers to pull you out of the hole you've dug for yourself. Brazen fuck.

Totalbiscuit ‏@Totalbiscuit 49m
I see people getting killed on the streets of Turkey fighting for their rights and hashtaggers dare to think they're changing the world?
 Retweeted by Cliff Bleszinski

CliffyB and TB going for the strawman
Jesus Christ these assholes.

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #254 on: June 19, 2013, 11:18:54 PM »
I would like to think in 6 years there will be a system that allows me to lend or sell back my digitally purchased gamed. Obviously this feature would only work if you can connect to the internet to perform the trade, but there's nothing wrong with that. Once the action is made, the game is no longer accessible to me and will not be accessible until it's returned. To make the return I would have to once again connect to the server, complete the action, then go back to being offline with my digital game.

It's a simple concept. It requires online to function but does not require the entire console to be online in the first place. Not online? You can't use the feature. No biggie.

Let's say you install the game on two consoles. You put console 1 offline, then go online with console 2 and de-activate the license (by reselling, giving, etc. the game). How does console 1 know that the license has been de-activated?
QED

Damian79

« Reply #255 on: June 19, 2013, 11:34:41 PM »

:lol

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #256 on: June 19, 2013, 11:36:12 PM »

Let's say you install the game on two consoles. You put console 1 offline, then go online with console 2 and de-activate the license (by reselling, giving, etc. the game). How does console 1 know that the license has been de-activated?

There could be a number of methods to get around this. In the scenario I picture, you can only have a game licensed and usable on 1 console at a time. Or if you're going to allow multiple installs, only the originator of the content can perform the lending or reselling. So if you decide to lend a game to someone, the server knows this license is now installed on 2 consoles. If the second console goes offline, it won't matter because it still knows there are 2 systems out there with a licensed tied to them. You won't be able to lend it again or even resell it until the second console returns the license. If it never makes a connection again, you never get the license back.
nat

fistfulofmetal

• RAPTOR
« Reply #257 on: June 19, 2013, 11:38:24 PM »
I wonder why Microsoft didn't just pull a Whispernet for all the online check shit.

No difference between that and the existing always online. Coverage for data connections through carriers is not perfect. It works for a device designed to be transported around, but what if you live in an area with shit coverage?
nat

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #258 on: June 20, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »

There could be a number of methods to get around this. In the scenario I picture, you can only have a game licensed and usable on 1 console at a time. Or if you're going to allow multiple installs, only the originator of the content can perform the lending or reselling. So if you decide to lend a game to someone, the server knows this license is now installed on 2 consoles. If the second console goes offline, it won't matter because it still knows there are 2 systems out there with a licensed tied to them. You won't be able to lend it again or even resell it until the second console returns the license. If it never makes a connection again, you never get the license back.

Yeah, but then you've got to wait on a response from both consoles before you're allowed to lend a game (it's a distributed transaction problem). Under the 24 hour ping system you can let the transaction go through immediately because you can just assume that all your consoles will get the update soon enough.

There's also the possibility that someone could actually put themselves into a state where they'd be permanently prevented from reselling or giving games because they don't have physical access to some console that's been put in offline mode. There are of course further workarounds/mitigations for this problem, such as putting a (100 days?) time limit on offline mode, but they make the system even more complicated.
QED

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #259 on: June 20, 2013, 12:21:21 AM »
Still wont buy anything from Microsoft. They came up with this god awful idea to start with.

Both companies were thinking about it. Remember when Sony was rumored to be working on video ads for games?

Be happy MS backed out of it and be happy you don't have to miss rad games now.
You're missing the key bit here. Sony and Microsoft researched this and before pushing it onto consumers Sony went:

Then Microsoft went:

Why would I give them money? They will try and pull this shit again at some stage

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #260 on: June 20, 2013, 12:50:04 AM »
you'd have better luck convincing me paris hilton is a virgin than convincing me publishers weren't going to dive for every last dollar within their reach.

Exactly. Microsoft's DRM scheme was an extension of that desperation, not a replacement.
dog

nudemacusers

« Reply #261 on: June 20, 2013, 12:50:17 AM »
you know, i was pretty confused when people were defending this shit in the first place

but now i'm really confused that people are sticking with the defence after it's all been dropped.  they really believed this was going to be good for them.
Well you can thank sony and luddite gamers from keeping microsoft from pushing the industry forward into new, innovative frontiers such as 24 hour authentication checks and region locking. stuff that has never been done before.

edit: it's also amazing how there is a level of defense that is strictly based on the theory that sony was going to do this too until they saw all the backlash. So basically we've reached the point where we are defending companies doing something and then turning around and not doing something because in theory another company was not going to do that something also.

I don't even know if that makes sense because fuck it
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:54:29 AM by macuser3of5 »
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Himu

« Reply #262 on: June 20, 2013, 12:52:10 AM »

They were both mediocre.

But Sony had more varied games shown for both ps3 and ps4.

I thought XBox had a better game showing, and better exclusives in general.

The only games from the MS conference that interested me were Crimson Dragon and Metal Gear Solid 5. I thought Dead Rising 3 misses the entire point of the franchise, that Sunset Overdrive game is by Imsoniac (hit and miss) and doesn't look like anything I can't do in Left 4 Dead, Halo is Halo, Call of Duty is Call of Duty, Titanfall looks okay but it's another fps and you'd have to make an impressive game (Farcry 3: Blood Dragon for instance) to get me to buy another one of those, Killer Instinct reminded me of what I thought of it in the 90's: dog shit. Not to mention the Kinect games. I still don't own a Kinect.

By comparison, I thought Sony embracing indie's pretty cool, though admittedly some of the games they showed I already own on steam (like Don't Starve), still, they definitely are going in the right direction and I expect psn next generation to be what xbla was this generation in terms of titles.  I mean, a remake of Abe's Odyssee? Sign me up. I will always support Oddworld. They showed games that cater to my tastes more as well, like Rain and Beyond Two Souls for ps3. 1886 looks like :yuck, but Destiny has an appeal to me despite being a first person shooter in that it features a large world and an interesting class system. Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts 3 gave me a nipple boner.. Not to mention Infamous: Second Son, which to my memory wasn't showed at the conference. Sony showed adventure games, puzzle games, jrpgs, first person shooters, third person sandbox games, side scroller platformers and more. Variety goes a long way with me. You can tell they're targeting a wider audience and different tastes than what Microsoft is shooting for.

I can understand why someone would find MS' e3 game offerings tempting, but they don't really do anything for me, and the ones that do (MGS5) aren't exclusive. The main outlier remains Crimson Dragon.
IYKYK

Smooth Groove

• Both teams played hard, my man
« Reply #263 on: June 20, 2013, 12:59:53 AM »
The Square-Enix games are PS4 exclusives?

It doesn't matter for me but it's surprising that SE is going back to 1 platform policy

Himu

« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2013, 01:00:36 AM »
The S-E games are not exclusive,  you're right.
IYKYK

Purple Filth

• This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win—and it can—then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2013, 01:05:33 AM »
That would have been pretty cool if the Bore had a Xbone game sharing group with people rotating purchases

Then I would never buy a Xbone game ever then  :P

And the publisher wouldn't want that (unless MS was gonna give them a ton of money).

Well, you'd have to buy something every now and then. At least, if I had any say about who was allowed in the Bore group (author's note: I wouldn't) I would. I certainly wouldn't want your freeloading ass in my family share plan.

That would have been pretty cool if the Bore had a Xbone game sharing group with people rotating purchases

Then I would never buy a Xbone game ever then  :P

And the publisher wouldn't want that (unless MS was gonna give them a ton of money).

But then you'll get kicked out of the group after your first flake

I was thinking about this while heading home so yea you are both right that you would need at least a game or 2 but that's a drop in the bucket for the amount of games you could play

Plus it doesn't stop having a group like that regardless of your implicit rules (unless there are other checks the system does relating to game amount). I could see some families working like that where one dude freeloads the fuck out of it
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 01:09:25 AM by Purple Filth »

Himu

« Reply #266 on: June 20, 2013, 01:08:26 AM »
I'm not going to go into DR3 again, so I'll just post this quote from a recent Cracked article:

And then there was Dead Rising 3. If you're not familiar with the last game, the appeal is that it has none of the grit or angst that comes with zombie fiction these days -- it's you with (literally) thousands of zombies crowding around, and you slaughter them by the hundreds with makeshift weapons, such as the classic Two Chainsaws Duct Taped to a Freaking Boat Paddle.

But when they unveiled Dead Rising 3 at the Xbox One event, they showed the main character coming up on a zombie horde that, according to the presenter, is too big for him to handle ...and then they demonstrated how the player can solve that problem by pulling out his smartphone or Windows tablet in real life ...and, with a few taps using the SmartGlass app, call in an air strike that will simply blow up the zombies for him.

Just to be clear, for those of you who never played the first one -- I've killed larger zombie hordes than that with a bowie knife taped to a broom, while on my way to kill a much bigger horde. The entire point of this experience is the visceral, cathartic thrill of wiping these monsters out, by hand, one swing at a time, or by building an ingenious trap with some combination of propane tanks, nails, and dildos. Not by tapping the "kill zombies" icon on my iPad (which I don't have out when gaming anyway, but more on that in a moment).

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things-every-game-company-gets-wrong-about-gamers/#ixzz2WjKImtcK

I'm not quite sure how any fan of Dead Rising was impressed by the E3 demo/trailer. But oh well, another franchise I like that jumps the shark; used to it.
IYKYK

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #267 on: June 20, 2013, 01:13:06 AM »
I think Titanfall looks cool but to be honest it looks like a COD mod.
Drunk

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #268 on: June 20, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »
You guys ruined Titanfall in the irc chat for me. I keep reading it as Tittyfall

Smooth Groove

« Reply #269 on: June 20, 2013, 01:20:48 AM »
Infamous looks cool but it's worrying that Sony is once again pushing Killzone hard

Does that mean Sony will continue to make sequels for their other mediocre 1st party franchises?

Diunx

• Humble motherfucker with a big-ass dick
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:27 AM »
They are pushing Killzone cus is gonna be ready for launch, Infamous is a launch window game.
Drunk

Himu

« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2013, 01:24:15 AM »
E3 games that worked for me:

Not a bad E3. Probably the best one since 2005...2006?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2013, 01:25:09 AM »
Infamous looks cool but it's worrying that Sony is once again pushing Killzone hard

Does that mean Sony will continue to make sequels for their other mediocre 1st party franchises?

I don't think so. I think they're just doing Killzone because it'll be a launch game.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2013, 01:30:19 AM »
I mostly posted them for me so I easily rewatch them one after one. Haha.
IYKYK

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2013, 01:33:13 AM »
does he feel depressed when he goes to the library
The thing is, that analogy really doesn't hold up. Books do not lose value over time, they cannot lose impressiveness, effectiveness, the audience for any given book does not diminish, in the same way which it does for games.

i mean the author doesn't get paid whenever someone checks out a book, and cliffy seems to be all about creators getting paid whenever someone uses a product

Yeah, I get that, and I know it's a pipe dream for it to ever happen... and it isn't necessarily the step best-suited to see things improve for developers.

I know we're looking at a major shift in the game industry; I suspect we're going to see a cataclysmic shift, and then potentially more fiscally responsibly developed games.

Smooth Groove

« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2013, 01:40:16 AM »
Vids posting is cool with me

I haven't really checked out most of those games since so many people were saying next-gen is crap.  Also, I didn't expect anything spectacular since both systems are just low-mid PCs.

Most of those games looked at least decent.

But for a game that could afford to hire famous actors, Beyond looked kinda crap

Himu

« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2013, 01:43:50 AM »
Vids posting is cool with me

I haven't really checked out most of those games since so many people were saying next-gen is crap.  Also, I didn't expect anything spectacular since both systems are just low-mid PCs.

Most of those games looked at least decent.

But for a game that could afford to hire famous actors, Beyond looked kinda crap

Check out Titanfall.

coming to pc.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2013, 01:50:28 AM »
There's a 30 minute gameplay demo on youtube. I'll watch it and report.
IYKYK

Eel O'Brian

• Southern Permasexual
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »
It was all a bunch of goddamned bullshit, anyway. They knew that sharing thing would never really fly with publishers (as did anyone with functioning brain cells), so it was easy to act as if it were being dropped as a casualty of all this, and subtly point a passive-aggressive finger. They easily just could have had you agree to keeping your console online if you wanted to participate in this nebulous, magical plan where you pay for one game and get nine extra copies to essentially give away for free. Now they never have to own up to that lie, and the rest of us will have to scroll past a bunch of fucking boo-hooing over it on messboards forfuckingever. Dickheads.
sup

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2013, 02:42:13 AM »
Failed system has something far more valuable for pure digital consumer.Buying digital games anywhere(discs were just a delivery medium).Now it will be only good old XBL with $60 Crysis 3 at the moment.
cat

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2013, 03:28:37 AM »
Uhm what are you on about again? You can still be all digital
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:44:25 AM by Premium Lager »

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2013, 03:45:41 AM »
maxy got stuck out in bat country, I think
yar

« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2013, 03:55:11 AM »
How the fuck did I miss this?

I will still harbour suspicion when they reveal future systems, but I have to have a grudging respect for this policy reversal. My online gaming friendlist is largely XBL based, so this is great news for me. If they really wanted to play crowd pleaser they'd shit out a Kinect-less SKU... I'd still buy the one with it TBH, but other people would appreciate it.

Games wise, I am probably more interested in XBO than PS4, its just that price in the way now.

Himu

« Reply #283 on: June 20, 2013, 04:09:21 AM »
Watched the Beyond Two Souls demo. I really, really liked it. It fills a specific niche that I like that I realize very few people on this forum would like. On the gameplay demo, I was very confused on what was gameplay and what was a cutscene. The interactivity, from the demo, is very small. In fact, I really wouldn't even call it a game, but it's definitely an interactive movie. By the end of the demo I was left wanting more. Definitely not for everyone but I'm going to get it.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #284 on: June 20, 2013, 04:13:31 AM »
One cool thing about Beyond is that it has qte's with zero button prompts. The action slows down, and Jodie does an action, like you can tell she's going to duck, so you hit down. If she's going to jump back, you hit the direction of her back. Very progressive qte design here. Was that in Heavy Rain? I haven't seen a game deliver such cinematic and best of all - NATURAL - qte's since Shenmue II. I'm very impressed with what they've shown. Qte's should not be random. In Shenmue, if Ryo is going to run left, you hit left, if he kicks someone, you're going to use the kick button as if you were in battle. Beyond seems to follow the same philosophy but at a more evolved degree.

Day one.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:17:58 AM by Formerly Known As Himuro »
IYKYK

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:25 AM »
Yes,by paying full price for 6 months old games.
Previous model would allow you to buy disc for cheap at retail(or from a friend) and add it to your digital library,not that hard to understand.You could completely avoid XBL pricing if you wanted.

I mean,the dream is over now but that was the biggest advantage of that system,imo.Speaking purely from digital standpoint.
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2013, 04:20:48 AM »
Yo, MCD, we back? 

We never left, soldier.

Himu

« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2013, 04:22:26 AM »
Previous model would allow you to buy disc for cheap at retail(or from a friend) and add it to your digital library,not that hard to understand.You could completely avoid XBL pricing if you wanted.

I mean,the dream is over now but that was the biggest advantage of that system,imo.Speaking purely from digital standpoint.

lol
IYKYK

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:12 AM »
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/xbox-one-will-require-day-one-update

Whitten clarified that “you’ll still install [games] to the hard drive. Obviously if you download them from online that’s the way it works. If you put a disc in, it will install it to the hard drive. You will have to have the disc in the tray in order to play. One of the cool features that actually comes with that, as an example, because we built on all this infrastructure around Xbox One, is if I went to your house with my disc-based game and we played for a while, and obviously I’d installed and we played, and then I left with my disc, you could instantly buy that game with no downloads.”

Kinda cool.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2013, 04:31:53 AM »

lol
Retail would always drop pricing quicker than XBL if for nothing else then for clearance reasons.
cat

MCD

• Fastest selling shit
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2013, 04:38:03 AM »
maxy, stop worrying about the industry and just enjoy your vidya.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2013, 04:56:32 AM »
Man maxy you need to put the meds away. No one understands your reasoning. What are you even talking about?
Not sure what is so hard to understand here.

Before:buying a disc gets you digital licence,sold at retail
After:buying a disc get you...disc

Digital licence can be only bought on Xbox Live.

/goes back to bat cave
cat

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2013, 05:38:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

... Still douching it up.

Cliffy B needs to be face fucked by a sidewinder missile. That, or his PR team need to tell him to get his silky ass off Twitter

Bildi

• AKA Bildo
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2013, 05:49:58 AM »
You'd think CliffyB would be happy that he'll sell more game to the people who have now decided to buy an Xbone.  I'm sure that's several hundred people.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2013, 07:55:36 AM »
Maxy are you saying that the previous draconian drm by ms where you could only sell games through participating channels and ms got a cut from every sale would result in cheaper games?

As opposed to lets say, me buying a second hand game from ebay for 30 euro a week after launch?

:derp

Maybe its a language barrier thing, but I dont understand your posts when you type more then one sentence.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 07:57:52 AM by Premium Lager »

mjemirzian

« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2013, 08:01:27 AM »
I'm surprised MS did such a complete reversal. They could have just cut out the 24 hour check-ins and/or added an offline mode, with some restrictions on what you could do offline.

Oh well, I still don't see myself ever getting one.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »
Some people are mad about it. 

Although this is the same guy who thinks that the original Wii was a sales failure because he goes into "thousands of homes" for his job and sees "every Wii unhooked."
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2013, 08:39:47 AM »
If the 180 and PS4 end up even they're going to say that it would have given the 180 the edge.

maxy

• Sales Loser
« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2013, 08:48:05 AM »
Maxy are you saying that the previous draconian drm by ms where you could only sell games through participating channels and ms got a cut from every sale would result in cheaper games?

As opposed to lets say, me buying a second hand game from ebay for 30 euro a week after launch?

:derp

Maybe its a language barrier thing, but I dont understand your posts when you type more then one sentence.
Bold thing is false.

As for game pricing in general,no it would not make games cheaper.But you could order a disc from Amazon(because you have a discount there) and easily add it to your digital library.
cat