Author Topic: Heaven for Leather: Bore Biker Daddies Only  (Read 23571 times)

Mupepe

• Icon
Re: Heaven for Leather: Bore Biker Daddies Only
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2014, 08:24:38 PM »
Gorgeous!! How does it ride?

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2014, 11:37:50 PM »
man, my daughter LOVES it.

it rides smooth -- at 60 hp and 60 lb. ft of torque, it's pretty much what you'd expect from a light 900cc touring cruiser. easy to throw around, and the parallel twin is mellow. unlike the z1000, my license will NOT be at risk on this bike, which makes the ol' lady happy. the two-tone ultramarine blue is growing on me, the controls are between mid and forward and are pretty comfy, and my daughter's enthusiasm is infectuous. i could adapt to the cruiser life...
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2014, 11:38:51 PM »
needs a tach, though, and led lights -- i can't tell when i'm in neutral on a bright day. may drop the rear sprocket down two teeth, too.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2014, 10:57:03 AM »
I'm telling you man the cruisers are addicting.  And you've got a gorgeous one.  I love the true dual exhaust you've got going on too as well as the floorboards.  Little stuff like that is what makes my little Harley such a pain.  I love the style and the ride of it, but to get the little knick knack comforts/styles I have to mod the hell out of it when in the end it would be cheaper to just upgrade to a bigger bike. 

Shame about the chrome?  I think she's sexy!   I love my chromed cruisers though.... You will too when you come out from buying a Big Gulp and see her glistening in the sun ;)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:40 PM »
That's a righteous hog. :drool :noah
©ZH

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2014, 12:53:55 AM »
the slash cut straight pipes sound RAW. when i pull away from the curb there isn't a dry pair of panties in a 100 yard radius.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2014, 10:12:44 AM »
:drool  :drool  You gotta let me ride yer hog when we meet up

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2014, 12:35:12 AM »
:drool  :drool  You gotta let me ride yer hog when we meet up

:cody

duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #188 on: August 25, 2014, 11:24:07 AM »
here's my baby after a 300 mile "break-in" ride:

the kawi looks a bit pissed. anyway, i yanked the windshield and i'm gonna replace it with a smaller screen -- i wear a full-face helmet and there's too much distortion looking through it AND a giant windshield. also, the windshield vibrates a little at 75+ mph on the superslab and that's doubly annoying. also, the seat is getting replaced with something stiffer that has a backrest -- my traps were KILLING after mile 200. other than that, it's a champ. kept up with some bigger bikes easily and i started the process of shaving my poor flooarboards down in the corners in good form -- the dude riding with me said i was throwing up sparks in every corner like a motherfucker :'(

slash cut straights sound AWESOME. i was one of the loudest bikes in the group. I SAVE LIVES, CUNTS
duc

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2014, 06:57:19 PM »

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #190 on: September 06, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
Jesus.  So much wrong in that video.  He was going way too fast and the driver wasn't paying attention.  In the US that's what I mostly read about too, except here it's people taking left hand turns without seeing bikers.  Those are usually the ones I'm paranoid about the most.  Impatient drivers thinking they can make it before me.  I'm also not a fan of high speed on my bike.  That does nothing for me (hence the Harley) and it also just makes an already dangerous hobby that much worse.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2014, 09:45:26 PM »
yeah, dude was a tard. i've done a few 120-140 runs but it was on empty-ass stretches of highway
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »
I've only ever gone 90. My lil gal felt unstable as fuck at that speed. I dont think she even has it in her to hit 100. She's a hog

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »
the america can do 100 but 90-100 is a painful slog. the cruiser life is a chill state of existence.

btw, i've decided i like loud pipes. they may not save lives, but they definitely get the attention of bar patrons :cac
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »
Hell yeah bro. Just dont be the douche that plays with the throttle at lights! Chicks and dudes think you're super cool too

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #195 on: September 07, 2014, 12:10:41 AM »
Btw, I spent some time on the Kawasaki. It has some incredible torque and features but in the end I think I am still going for my road king. Low speed maneuvering feels top heavy, exhaust is weak and the seat isn't my favorite. All fixable and not deal breakers by any mean but there's just something intangible I like about the road king more. For the 2014 models the price difference isn't that big and I figure fuck it, might as well get what I really want.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2014, 05:57:26 PM »

This is what I have been riding around Florida on. Old man bike it may be, drinky but I can go hours with no ass numbness or fatigue in general. I've gotten pretty damn good with her too. I was pulling full lock turns and figure 8s this morning.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2014, 08:19:59 PM »

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2014, 11:05:26 PM »
is this yer new bike?
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »
Nah. My friends bike. I got to ride it for a week of vacation in Florida. Gave me experience with a bigger bike and confirmed I need to upgrade for sure.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #200 on: September 20, 2014, 05:44:18 PM »

I'm at the dealer trying to make this happen. Lets see if we can agree. It's used. 2900 miles. Aftermarket exhaust, wide breather AC, dyno tuned with dyno jet monitor installed, aftermarket mustang seat and passenger pillion both w/ backrests, highway pegs, vented windshield, alarm and ABS.  Its also the color I wanted and still has 22 months of warranty left. I'm trying to make 18k happen OTD.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #201 on: September 20, 2014, 07:24:24 PM »
Its happening!! She's coming home with me tonight!!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #202 on: September 21, 2014, 01:40:17 AM »

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #203 on: September 21, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »
holy shit, that's a SICK color choice. that and the amber whiskey one are the two best lookin' models of rk's. did you get the full touring package?
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
Not yet. The only thing its really missing is the tourpak for luggage (at least what I will need) and I can wait on that. It was an impulse purchase so I tried to minimize the damage haha   I walked into the dealership to look at rain gear and before I knew it I was haggling OTD price. Oh well!!

I had been eyeing this exact color at another dealer for the last couple of months but they wouldn't meet my numbers OTD and they sold the bike a couple of weeks ago. Walked into the ducati/kawa dealer yesterday and she was sitting there and they hit my numbers with no issue. With only 2900 miles on the clock the previous owner basically bought me a bunch of upgrades, paid for my 1000 mile service and got me 20% discount off retail. Thanks, dude!!

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2014, 05:43:33 PM »
Oh and ill take a video so you can hear her Rhinehart true dual exhaust saving lives in real time. Hnnnnnnnng!!

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2014, 05:44:57 PM »
Two questions: can we post about scooters in here and what's the best way to scope out a place for repair that's excellent and not a wallet gouger?

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2014, 05:55:47 PM »
Two questions: can we post about scooters in here and what's the best way to scope out a place for repair that's excellent and not a wallet gouger?
Hell yeah you can. Life is better on two wheels no matter what it is. Cruncheon has experience with scoots too.

Regarding dealers most brand forums (like Harley forums, Yamaha forums, etc) have threads about dealers rating their experiences. Search those forums and look for your nearby dealers. Or just start a thread and see who knows a good ahop/dealer in your area.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #208 on: September 21, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »
yeah, i've ridden a bunch of piaggio scoots and my wife has a honda pcx150 that i hoon on when she isn't looking. it's a blast.

mupepe: that's a great deal. only 3k miles is perfect -- previous owner really did break it in for you!

duc

Shadow Mod

• It was Tuesday
« Reply #209 on: September 21, 2014, 05:58:49 PM »
Hell yeah you can. Life is better on two wheels no matter what it is. Cruncheon has experience with scoots too.

Regarding dealers most brand forums (like Harley forums, Yamaha forums, etc) have threads about dealers rating their experiences. Search those forums and look for your nearby dealers. Or just start a thread and see who knows a good ahop/dealer in your area.

Thanks dude. Got a rattling problem underneath our Honda Elite that's like "oh noes." Only happens in motion too.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2014, 06:01:56 PM »
re: repairs, if it's a japanese scooter, most powersports shops hate working on them (for stupid reasons). your best bet is to find an independent scooter repair person or a euro bike/scoot shop with a service desk (they'll usually do japanese scooter repair/rebuild, too.)
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #211 on: September 21, 2014, 10:02:38 PM »
My wife is really interested in a scoot recently. She doesn't want anything highway capable. Just something to run errands in. But neither of us know jack about them.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2014, 01:25:20 AM »
lotta options in the 150cc range. does she like classic vespa style, or something sporty?
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2014, 09:21:10 AM »
I think she'd be looking for something with the most of storage so she can go couponing for little things haha

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #214 on: October 05, 2014, 11:23:19 AM »
Over the last two weeks I have ridden my new hog 675 miles. Thats more than 3 times the average on my sportster and I don't even ride to work anymore (vanpool now :(). When I do start riding to work that will be a minimum of 350 miles a week. I'm gonna pack the miles on this sucker. Especially now that when the wife has to go with me somewhere the bike is now an (the only) option.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #215 on: October 31, 2014, 09:15:40 AM »
https://wandrlymagazine.com/article/winter-travel/flies-in-your-teeth/

This is amazing.

Now that I have a proper touring bike and I find my weekly mileage constantly escalating I am thinking about doing a long distance challenge or trek in a year or so. 

Next year I am doing a trip to Washington DC with the wife.  After that I think I'm going to prep for a 50 states in 10 days trip.  It'll come in at around 9000 miles in ten days and I think I can do it. 

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #216 on: October 31, 2014, 11:09:19 AM »
if you do it, stop up here and i'll join you for a leg of it! we can visit dumpsters across the upside of the mason-dixon.

i put down almost 16k miles this year. the car didn't even get 4k. the beamer ate most of the miles since i bought it in february/march -- almost 9k.

in sad news, the z1000 died after a bad dealer prep/servicing made the gearbox melt down (needed oil in it, i thought it shifted rough since i got it but i foolishly ascribed that to literbike character) and decided to huck me into the road a month back. after warranty and insurance payments i bailed on it (really loved it, but insurance declared it totaled and cut some deal with kawi warranty services so the salvage title went back to kawi), and i got this:

2014 street triple r. the payout also let me buy a bunch of mods for it i plan to use this wet fall/winter to install: arrow 3-1 full exhaust and tuning kit, powercommander v tuner, rizoma grips and bar end mirrors, flyscreen, fender eliminator, belly pan, sw-motech frame sliders. debating getting round headlights to replace the mantis eyes but i hear they aren't so great for evening riding...
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #217 on: October 31, 2014, 11:40:28 AM »
Damn, man.  Sorry to hear about the z1000 but that's a sweet lookin scoot you have now! 

Have you toyed with the powercommander yet?  I've been messing with mine and I've been able to tweak to run much better than stock.  It's a cheap investment for when I get a heavy breather and new headers in a couple of months.  Dyno tunes are expensive as all fuck.

I'll definitely stop up that way.  I believe the route for the West coast cuts through Bellevue.  I've got the touring bug.  I've averaged 350 miles a week since I've gotten it and next week I'll start riding it to work which will be in itself 400 miles per week (80 mile round trip commutes suck, breh).  The addition of saddlebags and a decent passenger seat just makes it much easier to do in town errand runs on the bike.  Plus it helps that I can stay on it for hours and still be comfy.  I love it. 

Hey, so I think I mentioned it earlier but I'm looking into winter gear now (stopping for gloves on the way home).  Any advice?  I've been looking at Olympia and Tourmaster specifically.  I don't want to get heated gear because I'm not sure Houston gets that bad.  In the worst of winter it averages around 30-40 degrees at 5am which is when I'll be hitting the road. 

I want waterproof and something that will be okay at that temp on highway speeds for about 40 minutes.  I mean, shit.  Last year I did winter with no gloves and just doubled up on shitty jackets and pants and a half helmet.  So I think if I can get some real gear I can be pretty damn comfy this year. 

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #218 on: October 31, 2014, 11:44:15 AM »
Oh yeah, and I hate the phrase "You need to take the car"

No I don't.  With enough rope you can make anything fit!  This is from yesterday after returning from a business trip.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #219 on: October 31, 2014, 12:07:36 PM »
haha, you're officially hardcore now!

haven't installed the powercommander yet -- gonna do that when i have a nice free weekend. friend's shop has a dyno i'll need to finish the exhaust tuning. the striple has good throttle response and fueling stock, but i'd like to shorten the first gear response up, plus the new exhaust will bump me up to 115ish hp at the crank.

i have some rev'it waterproof winter gloves that aren't too thick, which i love -- i'll check the info on them when i get home tonight. since it rains nonstop in the fall/winter hear, i also have tourmaster overpants which do a GREAT job keeping me warm, and i can just peel 'em off when i arrive at work.
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2014, 12:09:34 PM »
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
can you link me to your tourmaster pants?  Gloves are first for me since the rain won't show up here in Houston January or so.  November and December are generally dry winter months.  But man my hands are freezing after 40 minutes at 50 degrees.  How do those gloves handle ~20 degrees?  a few times a year it gets that low here in the early mornings.  a good jacket and pants are in line for the middle of next month.

Having access to the dyno is awesome though!  How much does your bike weigh?  She doesn't look big and 115 hp sounds insane for it.  I've been using the autotune feature and then slowly tweaking it on my PC trying to get different tunes for city traffic, highway/mpg, power, etc.  It's really fun to play with and it really helps you learn out the nuances of your motor and the way it "feels" at certain RPM's.  I'm generally looking for more low end torque for city because the Harley 103's tend to lug and prefer the higher RPM's which sucks ass for cruising around the city.  But there's only so much you can do before you start talking about changing mechanical parts.  I just always find myself either pushing towards the high end of RPM's to high a speed limit or lugging the next year so that I don't actually speed.

Speaking of mechanical upgrades, I'll probably be doing a cam install early next year.  Something to get me closer to that potato-potato sound (even though you can't truly get it there anymore) and give me some more low end torque.  I've been reading up on it and watching videos.  Seems easy as fuck compared to changing out a car's cam which I've already done before.  I'm also going to upgrade the tensioners and compensator while I'm in there.

It's nice to have a bike that I plan on actually keeping so I don't mind shelling out the money to mod it now.

« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2014, 03:15:19 PM »
this thread was not what i expected  :-\

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2014, 04:42:20 PM »
right now, before fitting the exhaust, the street triple r is 405-ish lbs. wet. after i install the full arrow 3-1 kit, it'll lose 10 lbs and be right under 400. :-D

torque-wise, harley engines put out max torque at around 2-3K rpms and have massive falloff after that, which is the reverse of supersports, who have max torque/hp high in the rev range. the pushrod and cam design, even in the modern 103/110 engines favor that big hit of early torque to get moving, but you need to shift up quickly (short shift) to keep in the band. only the v-rod builds power like a sport, and has a shockingly flat torque curve -- it puts down 70 ft lbs from 2-9k rpm (it revs higher than the freedom engines).

both my triumphs are the same way -- they put down significantly less max torque (47 ft. lbs for the street triple and 60 ft. lbs for the america) than a harley, but they do so from about 2-3k all the way to nearly redline. both of them can ride 1st gear smoothly up to 50 mph, although i still short shift 'em in town.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »
Good to know, man. Thanks. I am still learning about the power band differences between bikes and cars and between Harley and other makes.

I do find myself shifting at around 3100 rpm's. I've been going by feel. The sweet spot for torque response is at 2400-2800 rpms and if I am in that range I can accelerate like a bat out of hell. Above 3500 RPM's she feels like she has nothing left. Its definitely a lot different than my sporty.

Any opinion on alpinestars? I saw their polar gore tex gloves and they looked pretty awesome. No tourmaster so I gotta make another stop. Gotta make my decision tomorrow because a cold front is coming tomorrow and Monday at 5am will be ball shrinkingly cold at 75 mph

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2014, 04:14:53 PM »
Ended up picking up some tourmaster cold Tex 2.0 gloves. I think I'm going to also get the tourmaster winter pants and jacket. I think they will keep me toasty as fuck

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2014, 06:00:43 PM »
Bought some Sedici rain/winter gear today. 300 bucks for the pants and jacket. I was looking for tourmaster but no one had my size pants and it would have been about 100 bucks more for the seat.

It came with removable insulation so I can use it in summer as rain gear. It has armor on knees, elbows and shoulder. And it has a neck curtain. I'm totally covered now

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2014, 06:10:50 PM »
i like sedici. i have a track coat from them, and a tail bag.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2014, 01:47:06 AM »
Good to know it has your approval. It seems like quality material and construction. I'll find out Tuesday when ita projected to be 39 degrees at 5am on my way to work.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #229 on: November 16, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
Changed my engine oil and primary and transmission fluids today. Got that cheap Harley shit out of there and used Mobil 1 and redline products. Woot.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #230 on: December 13, 2014, 07:55:30 PM »
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #231 on: December 13, 2014, 07:56:53 PM »
Sexxxy!!!

I had to travel for work last week. Loaded up my bike and used it as a chance to get a road trip out of her. So good.

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #232 on: December 13, 2014, 09:14:04 PM »
installed all the bits: screen, belly pan, bar end mirrors, brake fluid container (the original pee cup was hi-lariously HIDEOS(tm reirom)), frame sliders. was a little worried that i'd trapped air in the brake lines, so i spent an hour religiously reflushing the system. thrashed it up with some buddies and no issues. I AM NOT INCOMPETENT AT MECHANICAL WORK (yes i am, but now i feel less so)
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #233 on: December 13, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
and yes, i am a huge triumph whore. something about their bikes just feels right to me -- well-sorted transmissions/gearboxes, spot-on fueling, great handling.
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #234 on: December 13, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »
Haha I know that feeling with the brake lines. Is there anything special about the triumph where you can't use a vacuum on the lines? Even with Harleys horrible proprietary BS you can use a vacuum on the lines. That should minimize any issues with air

The bike looks great man. I love the blacked out look and the clean/minimal body on it. Those mirrors are tiny though!!

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2014, 11:38:23 PM »
i used an air compressor/vacuum to drain it but i always figure i fucked something up and get paranoid. :-( i watched two youtube videos like four times apiece, too. i have done some pretty spectacular damage in the past... :fbm
duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2014, 02:40:51 PM »
took a nice long extremely foggy ride this morning:

man, getting back on the ol' cruiser after a thrashing a sportbike reminds me how -- if you get one that fits you -- chill and comfortable they are. also i am a total asshole and enjoy blasting my pipes at bicyclists.

duc

Van Cruncheon

• live mas or die trying
  • Banned
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2014, 02:41:49 PM »
"oh, lookit all the little pedal pushers in their cute matching spandex"  :jawalrus

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP  :cody

"lol, they mad"  :heh
duc

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »
Lulz. I give them the MC wave which I think they realize is in jest. I'm the asshole that goes around blipping the throttle in parking lots to set off car alarms. Hell, I can set them off when I'm just driving by a parking lot on the road.

My favorite is when I am idling past a car and I hear the alarm give the warning sound and then shut off. I'll pull the clutch in and pull hard on the throttle and make that fucker go off.

Last week in the parking lot for my friends apartment I kept going in circles because an alarm went off when I rode past. I heard a guy come out and yell what the fuck and turn it off. So I turned around and set it off again. I did this like 6 times. I am THAT kind of Harley rider.

Mupepe

• Icon
« Reply #239 on: January 18, 2015, 08:10:51 PM »
So I was washing my Road King yesterday and I found something. I couldn't figure out what it was and I asked some guys on my Harley forum. It turns out the previous owners of my bike thought that she would look good lit up like a Christmas tree.

They turned my majestic beautiy into this...

http://i.imgur.com/CU41WKr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2Yv7ix2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iHfP3yi.jpg