Author Topic: Hearthstone thread of cards n whatnot- post your battletags  (Read 58271 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Every day I check my email for a Hearthstone beta key...
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2013, 06:10:30 PM »
I really like Arena, so that's not my concern- constructed is just meeeeeh in general imo.  I like having to make decisions in building a deck, so Arena suits me just fine.  I just don't really see the point in putting effort currently when I have other stuff (school/work/other games) competing for my time.
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Re: Hearthstone thread of cards n whatnot
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2013, 01:25:13 PM »
yar

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Re: Hearthstone thread of who wants a beta key
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
So, I got a beta invite.  FINALLY.  AWK-WAAAAARD.

Anyway, who wants it?
yar

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:42 PM »
Me please
fat

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
yar

mjemirzian

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2013, 11:35:02 PM »
I'd like to give this game a try. Never played a card game b4.

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »
This is my first TCG as well. Guess this is my realization that I'm a total Blizztard cause now I suddenly think they're totally awesome.

Installed way past my bedtime lastnight and still played for several hours and now I'm a groggy as fuck here at work.

I got a new laptop recently and it's touch enabled. Being in bed curled up around my laptop screen and flicking cards to and fro = :lawd
___

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2013, 08:05:33 AM »
my beta key arrived 10 days ago and i didn't even notice :lol

is anyone still playing this?
<----

archnemesis

« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 08:14:27 AM »
I'm playing it almost daily. I'm not planning on spending any money on it since I earn enough gold from quests to play a round of arena mode every 2-3 days.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2013, 08:17:17 AM »
Not really playing it too often... other stuff going on in life these days, vidya time is being consumed by PAD.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2013, 01:49:57 PM »
the tutorial was pretty funny and whimsical,in fact it was the best tutorial ever! but i understand that's all of gnome hunter and donkey kong reference i'm going to get? that makes me pretty sad :fbm

EDIT: this is pretty fun,i like how the game give you tons of free stuff from start that you can mix & match,it's like having 9 starter deck... one thing that kinda surprised me was that the game is actualy all voiced in italian and the trolls speak with a southern dialect... that's pretty weird!

so far i only played the mage and an arena round with the paladin,the paladin seems the perfect draft class... free unit + removal + draw
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:57:51 PM by magus »
<----

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:41 PM »
went 4/3 on my first arena run,coincidentaly my other 2 losses were against other paladin

went into arena again this time as a rogue,i got 2 of those troll who gets tons of attack when they get damaged thinking i could attack my own unit with the rogue knives but apparently it doesn't work,whoops! still it's a great limited card in any case... also drafted tons of removal and a bunch of pirate card since they synergize well with the assassin natural dagger ability and went 2/0 so far but both game were pretty close,match 2 was against a hunter and being at 5 health knowing your opponent can deal 2 damage on a whim made me super nervous

basicaly what i'm saying is that this game is so much fun that every other F2P tcg i played can all go eat the biggest kickstarted cock ever and at this point,yes... maybe even hex!

i shouldn't play this much because they are going to wipe all my progress though since it's still a beta and all no? :S

« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 04:03:38 PM by magus »
<----

archnemesis

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2013, 04:04:05 PM »
I spent 20 seconds researching the beta wipe situation and I don't think they'll do another wipe.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2013, 04:05:29 PM »
Yeah, plan as of now is to let people keep what they've accumulated in the beta once the wide launch happens.  Which is dumb, but hey, Blizzard.
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
played some more and i don't think this is balanced pretty well,the mage gets big-ass explosion and amazing board control,the priest has a lot of staying power with all the cure and health buff,the warlock gets free card,the hunter can end the game pretty quickly

then you have the rogue and his bunch of somewhat unspectacular un-expensive combo card or the shaman which i'm not even sure how you are supposed to play (what the heck i'm supposed to do with all these 0/2 with these lame-o effect?)

i like it a lot but it feels like there are really only 5 classes instead of 9... heck i don't think i've ever played against a warrior when i think about it

<----

archnemesis

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2013, 12:49:00 PM »
I have a warrior deck that's quite successful. The problem is that most key cards are quite rare and unlocking them without spending any money is going to take months. The game isn't perfectly balanced, but if you adapt your play style to each hero's strengths then you still have a fair chance to win.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2013, 02:36:42 PM »
HEARTHSTONE COMING TO ANDROID

ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh
乱学者

Dickie Dee

• It's not the band I hate, it's their fans.
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2013, 02:45:29 PM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKK
___

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2013, 02:51:43 PM »
also iPhone - so basically this is an "Android + phone form factor" announcement
乱学者

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2013, 03:09:48 PM »
:rejoice fuck yes

Always happy to have more shit to do on my N7
yar

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #80 on: November 08, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
wow the priest totaly rocks in the arena,i just won an arena game by topdecking shadow madness,bet the troop wasn't the only thing that was mad :jawalrus

<----

mjemirzian

« Reply #81 on: November 08, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »
I've been playing this for a few days. It's pretty fun but I can see it getting boring without frequent updates.

In constructed the current winning meta is to spam card draws, battlecry buffs, and low-ish cost minions and overwhelm your opponent's direct damage (spells and crap). Very few classes besides specifically constructed mage decks have a lot of AOE damage to deal with it.

Here's an example deck of what I'm talking about. Note that 9 of his cards are 'draw a card' minions, the rest is direct damage and top tier buff/damage minions. I probably don't have half the cards that make up this deck. If you run into a card draw minion spammer in constructed and you're not one yourself or you get unlucky with your direct damage cards, you're probably going to get overwhelmed and lose. I worked up to 3 star master rank and run into a lot of them.

So basically it's your usual blizz balance.

In arena it's more balanced (relatively) because you can't construct uber decks as easily.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:34:06 PM by mjemirzian »

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2013, 05:45:02 AM »
well a lot of classes have field nuke's

coincidentaly none of the class that i would consider weaker have one :lol

i guess there is abomination as a nuke that everybody can use?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 05:46:33 AM by magus »
<----

mjemirzian

« Reply #83 on: November 09, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
Yeah it's still in beta, arena is surprisingly well balanced and fun so far. I think they're doing a good job so far and they sound enthusiastic from Blizzcon.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:34:49 AM by mjemirzian »

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2013, 07:49:35 PM »
iPhone support means this will eventually destroy my already limited productivity.  :'(
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:hyper
[close]

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2013, 08:13:06 PM »
you know i've seen too many people complaining that this is "too simple"

compared to the shit i've seen by searching for anything that played like a tcg, this is pure gold and the amount of free stuff given is really generous (starting with around 120 common,lot of them being actualy playable card instead of dumb vanilla nobody would play) heck even the power creep,a plague that often hits these game doesn't seems to be incredibly bad (i like how there are a lot of joke rare like that guy who turn a creature randomly into a 5/5 or a 1/1) these two thing alone should make the whole internet cheer especialy after kickstarting a game like solforge which might as well boil down to a "who spend more" check but nooooooooooooooooope :beli
<----

mjemirzian

« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »
So it's pretty cool so far.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:59:21 PM by mjemirzian »

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »
...Hearthstone is in no way as balanced a game as MTG, which is one of the most well designed and strenuously play-tested games in existence.  Constructed Hearthstone is laughable.  Arena is pretty fun, but that's because it LIMITS WHAT YOU CAN DO.  If you can just build with whatever you wanted, you'd have the same 3 decks or whatever the number is that's viable.
yar

mjemirzian

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2013, 03:47:47 AM »
Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what streamers like Trump and Drop on twitch.tv have said. :-[

archnemesis

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2013, 04:28:10 AM »
Yes, Hearthstone is very streamlined compared to Magic. They got rid of lands, activated abilities, interrupts and other features that makes the game difficult to get into. It makes it a lot easier for new players to get familiarized and it's nice not having to listen to people complaining getting mana screwed/flooded.

mjemirzian

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
I'm sorry, never played MTG before. Removed the comment.

Anyway, game on.

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »
got a golden legendary so this is now officialy the best game forever :gladbron

spoiler (click to show/hide)
king mukla,also the pack still had an epic and a rare,i fucking wish i had this luck with that stupid REM!
[close]

EDIT: wow if i sell this card back to the game i get so much money i can buy a deck worth of common with it... i once played a card game that gave you 1 card every 3 day if you played a shitty memory mini game daily... why you couldn't be there back then hearthstone? why? :'(

Yes, Hearthstone is very streamlined compared to Magic. They got rid of lands, activated abilities, interrupts and other features that makes the game difficult to get into. It makes it a lot easier for new players to get familiarized and it's nice not having to listen to people complaining getting mana screwed/flooded.

i don't see what's wrong with that,i like to play yu-gi-oh (well liked,the current game has gotten very stupid) and there too it's full of people "hur dur MTG!" it's not like every game has to be like MTG and it's not like MTG never fucks up (see skullclamp for an example back when i was playing MTG and jace the mind sculptor for an example of when i wasn't)

beside being simpler has it's advantage too like every game taking less than 15 minute to play
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:31:43 PM by magus »
<----

archnemesis

« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2013, 01:42:46 PM »
Absolutely. Being different is good. I don't need another game that plays the exact same way.

Howard Alan Treesong

• キング・メタル・ドラゴン
  • Icon
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »
...Hearthstone is in no way as balanced a game as MTG, which is one of the most well designed and strenuously play-tested games in existence.  Constructed Hearthstone is laughable.  Arena is pretty fun, but that's because it LIMITS WHAT YOU CAN DO.  If you can just build with whatever you wanted, you'd have the same 3 decks or whatever the number is that's viable.

Yeah, sadly constructed Hearthstone is super pay-to-win. But arena's always fun.
乱学者

mjemirzian

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2013, 02:51:04 AM »
Went 9-2 in arena as a warrior, pretty good rewards.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2013, 11:59:54 PM »
Got all up in that beta today.
©@©™

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2013, 12:19:40 PM »
i'm kinda getting bored of this but i still play a match or two to collect the rewards (it's a nice thing that it let you stack 3 days worth of quest because this way you can just do your chore's once in a while) the complete lack of any sort of update's and the game being heavy slanted toward aggro (yes,even the arena... i had a guy kill me on turn 5 simply by playing a stealth creature and then casting three attacks buff on it) really kills it...

i wish they would work it on somewhat but it's like blizzard shat the game on the internet and now it's not their problem anymore
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:26:22 PM by magus »
<----

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 03:22:01 AM »
Magus mentioned it in another thread but this game is in open beta.

So I was pretty tired. Go in bed with my laptop. Figured I'd play a game or two to see what all the hoopla was about and call it a night.

Three hours later I had played through all the tutorial missions and played a few games in the practice arena and a few games with the play option against other people.

It's immediately obvious why its so popular and why some people are so addicted to it. And this comes from somebody who's not really into collectible card games. It seems like the McDonald's version of the concept and I don't mean that as an insult. It's very easy and understandable to get into. The matchmaking is extremely well done. And it just feels polished. It's fun and addictive to play. It's going to be really popular on tablets.

Which is to say nothing about whether it has long term appeal or if its a balanced game. Or whatever. I don't play the genre enough to really speak intelligently towards that stuff. I do know some of the more hardcore games in many genres could learn a thing or two about both making something accessible and polished from this product though. I certainly admire it on that level for sure.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2014, 04:45:09 AM »
Its simple and great.

Sure for the most hardcore of hardcore nerds its not complex enough, but thats exactly its appeal. Anyone can get OK at it within hours. Small card pool is a boon for the game.

If Blizzard manages it well this could be HUGE.

There will always be balancing issues, but unlike paper card games this can be rebalanced all the time, and we know Blizzard is willing to do that.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2014, 12:06:44 AM »
So I don't think I will ever try ranked again until I get a lot of good cards.

I've been playing a little bit each night since the game went into open beta and enjoying myself playing the casual mode.

I finally unlocked all the basic cards for each class last night and thought to myself, hey let's try ranked play. That should be fun!

Nope.

I was playing people who had multiple legendaries and epics. I have almost basic decks. I guess I thought it would still match me up against people who had similar cards to me but that isn't the case. So I'll stick to casual and eventually try the Arena.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #100 on: February 24, 2014, 04:19:06 AM »
I've been playing off and on for a few weeks. It just doesn't have that '..just one more game." pull on me like some games do. Maybe that's inherent to the genre.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #101 on: February 24, 2014, 04:32:35 AM »
For me it does.

It operates on a couple of levels. There is a desire for me to play and understand what to do in a game and what to do in certain situations. There is another level of how to properly construct a deck. And there is another facet of just grinding to get gold or dust to get better cards. And the more I play the more I can see myself improving in my decision making on how to play and how to build the decks. And this feedback loops continues as I grind and get better cards and funnels right back into itself.

It helps of course that I never really played these kind of games before so stuff that is old hat to card game veterans is fresh and new to me.

This is far more addictive to me than something like Puzzles and Dragons or certain loot games because of the competitive nature of it. I'm not just collecting things to increase my e-peen size. I'm collecting things to increase my e-peen size and then beat other people with it.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
In playinh this a shit ton now too.

My fiancee was gone this weekend and I wanted to play some metro on my new telly but instead I played hearthstone all the time.

Add me guys Monsoon #2669

Stoney Mason

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2014, 06:36:13 PM »
See this is what I mean by the game being addictive. I went back into ranked play and now just by reading up and actually constructing my deck properly and playing properly I'm beating people who have occasional legendaries and epics in their deck. I have none of either. I have one blue that almost never gets played unless I'm behind.

There is something intensely satisfying in beating people who you know technically have put more time in the game or gotten luckier with their card drops than you have. And it makes me want to play to get those epics and legenadaries to see how I do once I put them in my deck.

tehjaybo

• Kentucky-Bore's Last Hope
« Reply #104 on: March 07, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »
I'm a little LTTP but I just downloaded this last night and gave it a whirl.  Had to play against Uther a few times, but finally beat him.  Played my first online match and just rolled the guy playing with a "custom" Mage deck.  Really enjoying it so far, it really does feel like a WAY easier to start MTG, and I love that.  It's definitely scratching my MTG itch I've been having lately.
HURR

Himu

« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2014, 01:29:31 AM »
Wow this game. :bow
IYKYK

tehjaybo

« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2014, 03:39:24 AM »
Needs a catch-all gamertag post like we made in the BF4 thread so I can find you duders and lay the noobish smack down with my super sweet might-as-well-be-a-precon-deck.
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2014, 09:49:17 AM »
Needs a catch-all gamertag post like we made in the BF4 thread so I can find you duders and lay the noobish smack down with my super sweet might-as-well-be-a-precon-deck.

If people will post their blizzard ids in here I'll (sporadically) update the main post.
yar

tehjaybo

Re: Hearthstone thread of cards n whatnot- post your battletags
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2014, 10:51:41 AM »
Fuck I don't even remember how to find that.  Is it just user name?
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2014, 11:20:52 AM »
Maybe? Click on "account management" on the battlenet client and it'll open up your account page, which will have your battletag. It's [somename]#[four numbers]
yar

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2014, 11:41:45 AM »
is this on ios yet?
dur

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

tehjaybo

« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
tehjaybo#1195

is this on ios yet?

I was just thinking about how much I'd really like that.  I've been using this new iPad I got a while back a lot recently, and would love to have this game on the go.
HURR

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #113 on: March 08, 2014, 12:53:57 PM »
It's coming on iOS/android either later this year or early next. I look forward to playing it on Precious, my 2013 N7.  :hyper
yar

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #114 on: March 08, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »
Add me COG, id love to play with you.

Himu

« Reply #115 on: March 08, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »
I almost never like card games. But this game is.brimming with personality and awesome.
IYKYK

magus

• LIKES FF7
« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2014, 01:55:10 PM »
i remember when i was like you guys...

let's talk again in 3 weeks :hitler

is this on ios yet?

No

creepy i wanted to ask you for a while.. did you end up in the hex alpha? what are your impression? are you even using your account?
<----

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2014, 02:07:12 PM »
Yes, unnecessarily complex with a high learning curve even for people with TCG experience, and no. In that order.
yar

Yulwei

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »
Has blizzard added new cards? Last time I played was in early Jan

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #119 on: March 08, 2014, 04:30:03 PM »
Nope