Author Topic: Path of Exile |Loot 3.0|  (Read 22977 times)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Re: Path of Exile |Loot 3.0|
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2014, 02:54:20 PM »
I open portals by accident all the time. I imagine opening the last tier will be very finnicky to open in contrast, so not all that controlled as I would have thought. Lots of small portals by accident, biggest portal very hard. Though this is in large parts due to the way I play as melee, i.e. stand my ground and just kill everything, which naturally bunches up the smaller portals. The small portals are also difficult to see among all the mobs and skill effects, so you have to be a little paranoid if you want to avoid those.

Item wise I haven't gotten much from them either, but I'm still in Act 3 normal, so eh.

Molten Strike is really fun so far, never used it before. Not sure what weapon to specialize in yet, but my character is working so far, so I guess I'll push the decision out further.

Forsaken Masters I've found three so far. The Armourmaster's task looks much more sketchy than it is. Basically just run to the exit once you free the spirit, as it'll trigger continuous rockfall. Just run past all the new mobs that spawn.

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2014, 04:22:42 PM »
I'm running a Shadow physical wander. This patch has made phy wanders a lot more feasible due to how easy it is to craft phy dmg onto any wand, plus mana requirements being decreased. I didn't even need to craft anything though: I found a pretty good early level wand last night and have been rolling ever since. I'm currently using Freezing Pulse but I'll get Power Siphon after work today, which should greatly increase my dps. Given that no decent...anything has dropped for me (outside of the wand) I don't have anything to trade, so I'll just quickly level a witch to kill Brutus and transfer the Power Siphon gem to my Shadow.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2014, 12:48:56 AM »
Beyond league really improves once you get a Vaal corrupted gem. Every time I trigger a portal I just pop my Vaal gem, corrupted Storm Call, and it wrecks the mobs. It eliminates most of them and significantly reduces the time required to finish off the unique mob. It has really changed my view of the league tbh. Act II really feels a lot better than Act I now simply because you get an increase of past league content, such as the corrupted areas and more strong boxes. In the previous league I tended to skip corrupted areas after awhile, but now I find myself entering each one just in hopes of getting a gem that will do a lot of aoe dps for me in tight situations.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »
Which are you using? I only found vaal gems that don't fit my character. Two Storm Salls and Fireball (not enough INT), Rain of Arrows (not a bow user) and Glacial Hammer (don't use a mace right now and it's just a CC anyway). :shaq2

I just saw that my account turned three years old yesterday. :uguu

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
I'm using the Storm Call one. Hopefully I find one that fits my build better but it's still doing lots of dmg for me. Especially when I have four power charges up.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2014, 07:15:17 PM »
Vaal Molten Shell might be good for me. Hm... Gotta farm normal Sarn I guess.

Had a good session today. Found a great mace (120% ipd, 880dps Molten Strike in cruel :obama), my first unique (Atziri Foible) and -...a second portal gem.

That said, I met the worst beyond boss today. Thing just would not die. Regen, double ele resist, endurance charges. Nearly skipped him.

Speaking of which, beyond mobs still drop shit loot. If I had the choice (theoretically we do, but you know...) I'd never spawn them as it stands right now. Just not worth it. They're not as scary as the Invaders in their first iteration, just a waste of time.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2014, 09:47:05 PM »
Three unique drops today, off Beyond bosses. I think the RNG gods are telling me to make a ranger. Or sell this stuff.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2014, 10:49:31 PM »
You know, we should probably just focus on the GAF thread. It's just us two playing anyway. :shaq2

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2014, 01:28:34 AM »
...I actually played tonight. Leveled a ranger in Beyond and then lost her trying to do a stupid challenge for one of the Masters... killed a whole bunch of monsters, which spawned a beyond boss and then keeeeled me dead.

Playing with the skill tree remains the most enjoyable part of the game.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
The Beyond mobs are just too fucking random. Sometimes you kill dozens of monsters in one spot and nothing happens. Then you kill five and bam, a fleshly portal opens.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2014, 10:45:52 AM »
Yeah, I started another ranger in Rampage and that seems more my speed :P

Gonna try to do a tornado shot build I saw on the forums, seems like it's easy to put together.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:23 AM »
I want to give Rampage a try, sounds interesting.

I've been building up a nice magic find set in Beyond, I'm up to 60% now. I'll test it out tomorrow, just gotta find a nice place to farm Beyond portals. The Southern Forest and Wetlands in Act II seem pretty good - lots of adds, especially those fast monkeys.

Got to Act III tonight and I can tell I'm falling behind dps wise, and turning into somewhat of a glass cannon. I've never rolled a character focused more on evasion than armor before; it almost feels like a sin, given my tank past.

Oh yea, I got the lore master to lv3, but dunno if I'll build a hide out. I'll have to look at what he offers, crafting wise. Right now I'm mainly looking for evasion, energy shield, and physical wand dmg.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #132 on: August 26, 2014, 01:07:20 AM »
It doesn't really matter who you start your hideout with, once you get a master up to lv 3 you can put their crafting bench in your hideout apparently, and I think you can have multiple masters in your hideout for daily quests.

My Ranger is in the early part of Act 2 now on Rampage; man, the new tree has a loooooooot of physical damage nodes you can easily grab as a Ranger. Gonna use Lightning Arrow-LMP to carry me until I can grab Tornado Shot in early Act 3.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #133 on: August 26, 2014, 01:21:00 AM »
I got Elreon and Tora to three. Gonna pick one of them and screw around a bit. Haven't looked at the FM stuff at all outside of the video above.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #134 on: August 26, 2014, 10:03:43 AM »
Here's a basic crafting guide.

yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2014, 07:40:16 PM »
I'll create my hideout today. Elreon has a few crafting perks that will help my build (INT, energy shield, etc). Can't wait to find the one that has wand specific crafting.

So far I've only found Elreon and Haku, who is close to lv2 for me. Once I get him to lv3 I'll probably roll a badass melee character of some type.

The map master sounds crazy. She can open up maps within maps, giving you twice as much loot.

This patch is WAY better than Shadow of The Vaal.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2014, 07:47:26 PM »
I made mine today. Put down a couple rugs. You know, the important stuff.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2014, 07:52:25 PM »
I'm halfway through Act 2, and have Tora and Catarina both at level 2.

...probably done for a while tho, since 2.1 went live on D3 today.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2014, 07:54:52 PM »
I said this on GAF, but Shadow of the Vaal reminded me of an end game patch in WoW that would release a big raid that a minority of players would even access (until it was nerfed to shit months later). But in Vaal, I bet less than 10% of players killed Atziri. Whereas Forsaken Masters doesn't feel like a patch, it feels like a legit expansion. There's stuff for casual players, including Rampage which sounds like it's very fun. Hideouts, daily quests that aren't boring, masters to level. And nearly every part of the passive tree now has some type of awesome cluster of shit right at the beginning. No more "Path of Life Nodes" situations.

And the new flasks :lawd

My complaint about Beyond: I wish you could pick up the portals somehow, even if it gave you a nasty debuff. That way you could more easily open up the second and third tier of portals without having to drag mobs across the map to where your open portals are.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2014, 07:59:55 PM »
Yeah, I like how it hits on every level. Early Vaal areas are just a taste of endgame maps and few people seem to incorporate Vaal Gems into their builds. It's all about Atziri kills and the insane items she can drop.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2014, 08:00:31 PM »
I didn't play hardly any of Shadow of the Vaal, so I can't comment. Did get a Vaal gem to drop earlier today tho.

This is definitely a lot of good content and I'll be back to play around with it later.
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2014, 08:38:41 PM »
I love the Vaal gems, they're like adding super attacks to the game or something. I especially like how it fits with Beyond: you get a nasty mob and boom, pop your Vaal gem and fuck shit up.

But getting the gems always felt kind of boring after awhile. It took you out of whatever you were doing.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2014, 10:05:41 PM »
Yeah, the good ones have utility for sure, but it can be difficult to find room for them. In Invasion I used Vaal Fireball + Trap. Was great against single targets if hit dead on and could clear rooms by itself and because I turned it into a trap I didn't have to watch out for reflect. In most cases though I won't sacrifice a socket when I can fill it with something that keeps me alive without relying on getting a dozen (or two, or three) kills first.

Now on my Templar I'm carrying Vaal Storm Call around, but Flameblast can and does fill its position just as well. I just charge it up longer and it's as potent and more reliable.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2015, 02:21:50 PM »
The new Path of Exile expansion has finally been revealed, and it will feature Act IV.

Impressions: http://www.gamespot.com/videos/path-of-exile-the-awakening-socketed-skill-trees-a/2300-6424359/

-Act IV plus a reworking of the first three acts
-70 new uniques
-Introduction of socketed skill trees

Intuitive Leap allows any passive within the radius to be allocated without previously being connected in the tree. This means, given a suitably placed jewel slot, that you could take powerful nodes like Infused Shield or Mortal Conviction without needing to take the keystone they’re gated behind. Worth noting is that while the passive can be allocated, it does not act as a new starting point for the tree.
http://www.gamepedia.com/news/688-path-of-exile-the-awakening
:whoo

Vigilant Strike and the new Fortify support gem give melee players a much needed survivability boost, providing a way of generating a temporary 25% damage reduction.

Beta begins April 20th. Sign up here:
http://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening

Possible desync solution being added as well:
With the expansion we are adding a Deterministic Lockstep mode to Path of Exile that will have no desync. Bear in mind that this means that when you click you will have to wait for whatever your ping time is before you start to move or do a skill.

This works the same way as you would see in strategy game like Starcraft or a MOBA like Dota.

Because this requires a fairly low latency to feel good we are still supporting the old mode for high ping players, however, we have a lot of improvements there too.

It's not quite finished yet and we are working out the bugs, but I'm optimisitic that we will be able to get it done before the beta starts, or otherwise a week or so into it.

We are also adding a bunch more servers to new locations in order to reduce latency so expect to see East and West coast of America servers, as well as more locations in Europe like London.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/324u94/rewrite_of_netcode_with_a4_to_reduce_dsync/

I haven't played in awhile because I decided to just wait for Act IV. This sounds like pretty much exactly what I wanted. Improved melee, summon builds becoming even more insane, no brainer QoL fixes....thank you based god.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2015, 03:36:54 PM »
Quite a game changer for hybrid builds.

My only question is...I wonder about the jewel availability. I assume some will be quest rewards, maybe even master awards, but damn I hope the unique ones aren't too hard to get. I've long wanted some type of increase in quality drop rates.
:brazilcry

I wonder if they've upgraded the trading system btw. Chris Wilson said they were working on it during the FM expansion.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2015, 06:10:45 PM »
Quite a game changer for hybrid builds.

My only question is...I wonder about the jewel availability. I assume some will be quest rewards, maybe even master awards, but damn I hope the unique ones aren't too hard to get. I've long wanted some type of increase in quality drop rates.
:brazilcry
Yeah, I've had some pretty rare shit drop, but I've played more than 1k hours too... I hope I don't have to grind the chaos recipe to afford one, should they be difficult to get.

I wonder if they've upgraded the trading system btw. Chris Wilson said they were working on it during the FM expansion.
Nothing on that so far that I've seen. I think he said the expansion would bring changes some time ago, but I could be wrong.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2015, 08:27:07 PM »
Will they be showing you your pingtime in those mode(s) though?

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2015, 08:35:47 PM »
I don't see why not. Right now you can press F1 to see your fps, frame time and ping in neat litte graps. Don't know why they would remove that.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2015, 12:20:45 AM »
Response to a question about the ping threshold (in the reddit thread I posted)
So we haven't actually nailed down the specifics on any of those questions since it's still in development. The threshold is probably going to be something like 150ms, but that is just a default so that the average player who starts the game doesn't have to know about it. You will be able to set the mode in the options if you like.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »
Still enjoying the beta however I tried the flashback league for half an hour before bed and had a blast. Invasion and Nemesis were great to play again plus I got to try Rampage for the first time. I thought it was cool, and it really works well with some of the Forsaken Master challenges.

There's so much potential for the upcoming expansion to really take the game to a next level. If the desync fixes work as planned it'll be huge. Also the streamlining of areas, new leagues, and all the racing possibilities. I'd love to see a Cutthroat league pop up a month after the expansion comes out. I'd also like to see some new stuff added to Descent. Finally I hope more league features are integrated into the new leagues as well as standard. Usually I delete my characters after leagues end but I have a lv49 Kinetic Blast shadow in hardcore cruel that I plan on keeping long term.

Really the only improvement left to make is how combat feels in the early game. So many people get turned off by the feel, and quit before Brutus. Especially early level melee which doesn't really have that oomph you want combat wise.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2015, 11:35:46 AM »
I've been trying out the lockstep stuff, which fixes desync. Feels great. I went with a melee build to really test it and was impressed; this is definitely a game changer for PoE. Another thing I noticed which isn't getting much attention is that GGG seems to have increased weapon speeds in early areas. I remember they first did this with the Forsaken Masters patch but they've gone even further in the beta. The starting Marauder weapon has 1.45 attack speed which feels great. I didn't find any weapons lower than 1.25. This is great because so many people are turned off the minute they start the game due to how weak and slow you are.

I still think improvements can be made to attack animations but things are moving in the right direction.

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #152 on: June 04, 2015, 04:21:04 AM »
I know you. The blasphemer. That’s what my father called you. God saw fit to drown my father, and everyone else I ever loved. I wonder what fate He has in store for you.

the dialog in this game :dead

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #153 on: June 04, 2015, 09:49:35 AM »
Take a look at the unique items. I actually like the quip on Death's Harp a lot. :uguu
The mournful music of the strings,
The creaking arch, the arrow sings.
A choking cry, a rattled breath,
The Reaper's Song, the Harp of Death.

For more:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/475284

Kara

• It was all going to be very admirable and noble and it would show us - philosophically - what it means to be human.
« Reply #154 on: June 05, 2015, 12:32:19 AM »
tell me this hero, what have you become when even nightmares fear you? :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #155 on: June 05, 2015, 12:50:08 AM »
Gaze at spreadsheets long enough, and they'll gaze back at you.

Kara

« Reply #156 on: June 07, 2015, 01:57:56 AM »
I'm fighting killer apes. We is Heroes of Newerth now. :lol

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #157 on: June 08, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »

:leon

Gonna try something adventurous in the beta soonish. Right now I'm just using a Ground Slam/Heavy Strike Marauder. Feels great, especially with the desync fix, but I want to do something new.

I might replicate my Kinetic Blast wander.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2015, 07:54:25 PM »
Next patch/expansion July 10th.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/747/feature/9833/Path-of-Exile-The-Awakening-Definitely-Something-to-Get-Excited-About.html

I can definitely vouch for the de-sync fix. The game feels so much better in beta

New leagues: Warbands and Tempest

Dunno about the hardcore league. Sounds like an actual incentive to farm more, but I wonder about the difficulty. I'm hoping that many of the tempests that spawn the most allow you to make things harder, or increase MF.

Fragamemnon

• Excel 2008 GOTY
  • Icon
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
is this the patch that makes you not look like a homeless person
hex

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2015, 06:25:00 AM »
You have to pay for that.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Just like IRL :heh
[close]
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/category/armour-effects

Seems like they're ditching the chained women, too. :rejoice
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 06:35:19 AM by Rufus »

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
Awakening went live yesterday. Thoughts on the new hardcore league, Rufus? I went in with pretty meh impressions based on the explanation/video...but it's not bad. It's one of the least intrusive HC leagues. In dense areas where there are a lot of mobs it can be challenging as well as rewarding due to the buffs, and I can tell it'll lead to some close calls later (Lunaris for instance).

I haven't tried the softcore league but it sounds like something that GGG would have made the HC league at one point. Roaming, potentially untuned packs of powerful mobs that provide little incentive to kill? Definitely a HC idea! I'm guessing they smartened up and will test/tune it in softcore before adding it to the HC leagues next time.

Right now I'm leveling with a Spectral Throw/Double Strike Scion, but my build is for Ice Shot; I just haven't found a decent bow yet. Struggled to beat Brutus lol...that's how bad drops have been for me thus far. Once I find a decent bow though I'll be trucking. Dunno what my secondary skills will be. Currently playing around with the Magma bomb thing.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
I haven't even started playing yet. :stahp About to, though. Gonna go Duelist Cyclone I think, then see what else is new. Haven't been watching many streams or keeping up with what new skills were added. Don't even know what the tree looks like now.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #163 on: July 11, 2015, 11:19:53 PM »
first rip :lol

Was doing the Fairgraves quest. Lightning crit tempests were spawning everywhere while I fought my way through. Saw an Ice Nova shrine and decided to run for it but a tempest had just given like 10 squid mobs the lightning buff...they surrounded me and I was done.
:dead

Meh. My build was kind of ehhh tbh. I think it would have been fine later but early game would have been a slog. I did find a good bow though...

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2015, 05:24:07 AM »
I only got to A3N yesterday. I'm liking the changes to the earlier acts. Everything is much faster now.

My build isn't worth talking about yet. Still cleaving and double striking. Don't think I'll be able to switch to Cyclone the moment I get it.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2015, 01:49:41 PM »
Right now I'm leveling a Heavy Strike/Ground Slam Marauder. It has been easy mode thus far. I ultimately plan on going for Ice Crash but I think I'll just wait until I get it as a quest reward instead of trading for it.

I want to make another character also but dunno what. It'll likely be ranged, perhaps bows. I have a 49 Kinetic Blast Shadow on HC standard...I haven't touched it since the patch because I want to get to Act 4 first in the new league, but eventually I'll fuck around with that character. Because of that I don't want to create another wand character in the new league, despite finding so many good wands lately...

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2015, 10:20:58 PM »
Rolling with an Ice Crash Marauder still, almost done with Act 3 (normal). Finally had time to play this weekend. I expected Tempests to become interesting in later stages of the game, especially in small areas/high mob density places but so far it hasn't been an issue at all; I'm cruising through Lunaris Temple right now, no close calls due to the buffs thus far. I lost a character on the first day the league started in one of the Act 1 caves due to running into the middle of a pack that had just received a crit buff but that was my only hiccup.

I'm getting an itch to create some type of 1H character, dunno what yet. My Marauder is using a 2H mace right now but jeez I'm getting so many good 1H weapon drops, the temptation to go sword n board with another character is high as fuck.

I also have a character on the HC ladder in Cruel...Kinetic Blast Shadow. I heard that build got nerfed pretty badly so I haven't picked it up yet.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »
New expansion came out today

Having proved your mettle in the Trials of Ascendancy, you earn the right to enter Izaro's Labyrinth. Centuries have passed, but its traps are as dangerous as the day its doors were first opened.

With an entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.

Ascendancy Classes

Nineteen souls survived the Trials of Ascendancy. Nineteen men and women stood at the gates of the Lord's Labyrinth. Nineteen challengers whose exceptional martial and mystical talents still linger long after their death.

There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.
Enchantments

Izaro's power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic.

These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.
https://www.pathofexile.com/ascendancy

New boss

An actual trading system has been added to the game as well
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595024

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2016, 10:38:36 AM »
So, does the new trade system make it to where I basically don't have to interact with other people to trade? Cause that's my sticking point with this game. Fuck other people.
yar

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2016, 11:38:24 AM »
So, does the new trade system make it to where I basically don't have to interact with other people to trade? Cause that's my sticking point with this game. Fuck other people.

Honestly, the whole "WTB/WTS" global chat stuff should've been overhauled into a trade-auction sort of system where people put up "ads" and people bid on them. But done better than Diablo 3 initial auction house.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »
You still have to hand things off manually. All these first improvement have done is make 3rd party apps like Acquisition and Procurement largely uselss.

They've basically knighted poe.trade with this. You give your items a price (or the entire stash tab) so they get indexed by poe.trade.

Now all we need for zero human interaction are mailboxes or some type of drop-off, or an NPC vendor who lives in your HO and sells shit for you. And then maybe even remove the online requirement...

---

Anyway, the league is pretty fun so far. The new melee ('melee') skills, Sunder and Earthquake, are pretty fucking cool. Collecting Perandus coins is also really enticing, considering that you can get some really useful uniques that way very early in the league.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2016, 01:08:27 PM »
Shame, means D3 and Grim Dawn are still better games.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »
Does Grim Dawn even have trading?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2016, 01:16:01 PM »
I have no clue, but the fact that I have no idea means it's not a central part of the game like PoE, which I find distasteful.
yar

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »
Eh, you can make do without trading. Last league I didn' do any selling and only bought a couple of items, which was an entirely painless process through poe.trade. I didn't even have to type the message, poe.trade let's you copy and paste a generic message including all necessary information.

It's really not as dramatic.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »
Got a couple builds planned for this league. Started out with a tanky Sunder Marauder. Dunno if I like Sunder more than Ice Crash but I definitely enjoy the range of the attack.

Once I build up more currency and gems I'm going to make a Storm Call Templar.

Had a lot of fun with that build a few weeks ago. I made a Shadow version of it but I'll stick with Templar to go Inquisitor. 

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2016, 04:19:29 PM »
I totally forgot that you're permed on GAF. I was wondering why you revived the thread here. :fbm

Anyway, Sunder is amazing, but I switched to Earthquake first chance. I still keep Sunder around to compare later on, but I think I'll stick with Earthquake. It's stupid good. I thought most of the damage was delayed, but the initial hit produces a shockwave that's pretty strong itself, one-shots smaller trash mobs.

No idea what Ascendancy I'm going to go with yet. I'm very weary of the labyrinth for now because I get terrible performance drops in them.

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2016, 06:49:21 PM »
I'll try Earthquake out when I get it. Yup I thought it was delayed based on the videos I've seen, which is why I didn't really plan on using it.

Really liking the league thus far. They finally nailed the "reward" part of risk and reward.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #178 on: February 14, 2017, 10:08:06 PM »

Eliminating multiple playthroughs of the same content is super smart, and will probably result in me playing through the game again.

:leon
yar

Phoenix Dark

« Reply #179 on: February 14, 2017, 10:37:00 PM »
:rejoice

they've been teasing something that would be a major design shift for ARPGs, now we know. Sounds amazing. Very excited to see exactly how the world shifts based on your decisions. Apparently the bandit you decide to help in Act 2 determines how that area ends up when you return.